• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,862 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,862

Chapter 1

"Good morning, love of my life!"

Here we go again, Octavia thought as Caramel brought her breakfast in bed, like he did every morning.

Caramel puts down Octavia's breakfast and said, "Alright, see you downstairs!"

Caramel then kissed Octavia on the lips once, and then kissed her head multiple times.

Five, six, seven, eight, Octavia counted in her head as Caramel kissed her.

Once Caramel left, Octavia started eating her breakfast and turned on the tv to a crappy romance movie.

"Well, at least I have you, crappy romance movies."

~•~•~•~•~

After a car ride of Caramel crying about how mean Octavia is and Octavia sitting in silence they got to the concert hall, where Octavia's ensemble was waiting for her.

Octavia's ensemble had three other members. There was Fredric the pianist, Harpo the harpist, and Beauty Brass the tuba player.

"Good morning, Octavia!" Beauty Brass said cheerfully.

"Good morning, Beauty," Octavia responded emotionless, and started setting up her cello.

"Octavia, is something wrong?" Fredric asked.

All of Octavia's ensemble members were her closest friends, and knew about her problem with Caramel.

Octavia sighed and then said, "It's.... It's just Caramel,"

"Still not getting better?" Harpo asked, sounding like he’s heard this before many times.

Which is true, as sad that is.

"No, sadly. And I don't know how much more I can take of him!" Octavia exclaimed and then plopped down in a chair nearby.

"Are you still trying the divorce?" Beauty asked.

"Yes, but there are still many problems. So many in fact that I don't even know if the divorce is possible." Octavia answered.

"I never liked that stallion the moment I met him." Fredric said with a huff and then sat down at the seat in front of his piano.

There was a time where he did respect Caramel, mostly because he did make Octavia happy.

But there was always the little warning that bugged him, a lot.

Fredric did try to warn Octavia on several occasions, but even if she had listened she never took it to heart.

She was too blinded by Caramel’s charms.

"Is there anything else you can do, Octavia?" Beauty asked.

"Well, I have one idea, and I decided to do it..." Octavia answered.

"Is the plan to knock him unconscious and then throw him into a sack?" Harpo asked, sounding like he was joking.

Everypony stared at him, and in response Harpo just asked, "What? No one likes dark humor?"

"No, what I am going to do is.... Get another job," Octavia answered.

Everypony gasped.

"YOU'RE GOING TO LEAVE THE ENSEMBLE?!" Beauty Brass yelled, sounding actually really sad.

She didn’t want to lose her closest friend!

If she left Beauty would be the only girl!

Ok, that wasn’t much of a problem.

She didn’t want Octavia alone while dealing with Caramel.

It’s not like Octavia can make friends at the snap of her fingers.

She needs people she can trust, not friends who give her terrible advice.

"No, I’m just getting a second job. So I can spend less time at home," Octavia answered.

"When do you start the job?" Fredric asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow."

~~~The Next Day~~~

"Hello, I am here to see a Miss Vinyl Scratch?" Octavia asked the mare behind the desk.

"Top floor." The mare answered.

"Thank you." Octavia said, and then walked towards the elevator.

Octavia exited the elevator to what seemed to be a office, it had many cubicles with ponies typing things on computers.

"Hi!" Said a feminine voice.

Octavia turned to a pale earth pony with a swirly pink and purple mane and tail.

"My name's Bon Bon, you must be the new cello player, right?" The mare said.

"Hello, my name is Octavia, and yes, I am the new cello player.”

"Octavia, that's a pretty name. Well, Vinyl asked me to bring you to her office once you got here, so just follow me!" Bon Bon said and then turned towards where she said Vinyl's office was. Octavia followed after her.

"So, what instrument do you play?" Octavia asked.

"Oh, I don't play an instrument, I take care of the catering. But I am really close friends with Vinyl, so she gives me more freedom than she probably should." Bon Bon answered.

"Oh, so what are the computers for?" Octavia asked.

"Well, some ponies make album art, some keep track of sales, and some test Vinyl's songs," Bon Bon answered.

The job Octavia took was to play whatever Vinyl told her to on her cello, and Vinyl would remix the music to create more DJ PON3 music.

When Octavia and Bon Bon reached a set of doors that had a neon sign that read 'DJ PON3' above, Bon Bon opened the doors.

Once inside, Octavia saw a desk with a white unicorn sitting behind it. The unicorn had a mane and tail that was two shades of blue and was wearing purple sunglasses and headphones. Faint dubstep could be heard from the headset and also soft snoring. It seemed that the unicorn was asleep.

"Of course, Vinyl's asleep," Bon Bon said with a roll of her eyes.

"How unprofessional," Octavia said.

"VINYL!!!" Bon Bon yelled in an attempt to wake the unicorn. But Vinyl didn't even move.

"Sheesh Bonnie, you should know by now that's not how to wake Vinyl," A green color unicorn said as she walked into the room. She then lifted up a magazine that was left on the floor and threw it at Vinyl.

Vinyl woke up and fell off the chair. The green unicorn then started laughing.

"LYRA!" Bon Bon yelled and the green unicorn ran out of the room laughing.

"Sorry about that, Vinyl," Bon Bon said.

"It's cool, it just means that Lyra is going to get it much worse later on," Vinyl said, still on the floor behind the desk.

Bon Bon nodded her head and then ran out of the room yelling, "LYRA GET BACK HERE!"

After the doors shut, Octavia spoke up, "Are you alright Miss Scratch?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just don't do any of that 'Miss' bullshit," Vinyl said getting up from behind her desk.

"Oh alright then Vinyl," Octavia said.

"So, you're the new cellist? Hm, a lot hotter then I thought you would be," Vinyl said with a grin.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Octavia yelled blushing.

"Yep, you got a nice flank, too. So, your first job is ready, just follow me to the recording room," Vinyl said.

Octavia chose the ignore the first comment and said, "Alright then, lead the way Vinyl,"

Octavia then walked out of the room and waited for Vinyl to go in front of her but after a few minutes Vinyl never came so Octavia turned her head around to see Vinyl looking at her flank.

"MISS SCRATCH!" Octavia yelled.

"Oh- wha? Sorry, I was thinking. And I told you to stop with that 'Miss' bull," Vinyl said and then walked out of the room, Octavia following close behind.

~•~•~•~•~

"Alright so just set up your cello over there, Lyra will be here shortly to explain the rest," Vinyl explained. In response Octavia nodded.

"Hey, I just realized, I never got your name," Vinyl said.

"My name is Octavia Melody," Octavia answered.

"Alright. Well, see you around, Octy!" Vinyl said and then walked out of the recording room.

Octy? What a peculiar name… Sounds a bit like octagon

"Hello there Octavia!" The green unicorn from before said and walked into the room.

"Oh hello, you're Lyra, right?" Octavia asked.

The pony, whose name is supposedly Lyra, chuckled and then answered, "Yeah, I was guessing you would remember me after seeing me throw a porn magazine at our boss,"

"Oh yes it was an... Odd display but- wait... DID YOU SAY PORN MAGAZINE?!" Octavia yelled.

"Yeah... Vinyl has some weird stuff in there. Anyway, my job is basically the same as yours except I play the lyre and harp. Basically just play the music that is on the stand and I will record you," Lyra said.

"Alright, but wouldn't it be easier if Vinyl was here? Because, y'know it is HER music, after all," Octavia asked.

"Yeah, but Vinyl says that ponies make better music when she's not around because it gives the ponies less stress and let's them focus more on their music," Lyra answered.

"Oh, well I guess that makes sense," Octavia said and then got into position to play her cello.

Lyra then left the room to go upstairs to the viewing platform, which was also the recording area. The room had a window above so Octavia could still see Lyra.

"Ready?!" Lyra asked.

"Ready," Octavia confirmed and then started playing her cello.

Once Octavia finished the piece, she looked up to where Lyra was, and was surprised. She saw Lyra there working on the controls in the recording studio, but she also saw Vinyl.

But Lyra said Vinyl never watches her workers perform. Maybe she just has Lyra say that so they never know she's there.

Vinyl and Lyra then left the room. Lyra came back into the area where Octavia was, but there was no sign of Vinyl.

"I thought you said Vinyl never watches her workers perform," Octavia said.

"She doesn't, this is the first time," Lyra said.

~•~•~•~•~

"You wanted to see me Vinyl?" Octavia asked opening the door. As soon as she opened it, a bucket of bugs and snakes fell on her.

"AH!" Octavia screamed and tried to shake them off, all the while Vinyl laughed.

"Relax treble clef, their fake!" Vinyl said, still laughing.

"YOU ARE SO IMMATURE!" Octavia yelled.

"And you need to get that stick outta your flank," Vinyl said with a grin.

Octavia's face went red with anger and she walked up to Vinyl and put a hoof on her chest.

"You are the most immature, lazy, and rudest pony I have ever met," Octavia said in a venomous tone.

Vinyl just stared at her for a second while smiling. She then said, "You're cute when you're angry,"

Octavia then blushed and yelled in frustration, and then walked out of Vinyl's office.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia walked into the food area of the office. The area was like a kitchen except it didn't have a stove. She walked to the fridge to get her meal, not before seeing Bon Bon was there putting some new food into the cabinets.

"I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN STAND THAT MARE!" Octavia exclaimed.

Bon Bon jumped slightly from the outburst, but calmed down as she knew the voice.

"Who? Lyra?" Bon Bon asked, turning to Octavia who had her head in the fridge.

Octavia took out her lunch and put it on the table in the room and continued talking, "No! Lyra is a perfectly normal mare,"

"Yeah... Perfectly 'normal'," Bon Bon mumbled and continued putting food into the cabinet.

"I am talking about Vinyl! Do you know what she just did?! She just poured a bucket of fake snakes and bugs into me, and then when I yelled at her about it, she said I was cute! Unbelievable!" Octavia said angrily.

Bon Bon giggled and then said, "Yeah, that's Vinyl for you. Oh I know! Maybe you can hang out with Vinyl, Lyra, and I Friday night. We could maybe go get some drinks or go to a diner, it could be a chance for you to know more about Vinyl, as well as me and Lyra,"

"Although it sounds pleasant to get to hang around you and Lyra more, I want to stay away from Vinyl as much as possible," Octavia responded.

"C'mon! Give her a chance, there is a lot you don't know about Vinyl that may make you like her,"

"Oh? So do you and Lyra know everything there is to know about Vinyl?"

"Well, no. Vinyl keeps some things secret, like everypony else on this world,"

"Oh? Like what?"

"Well, me and Lyra have never seen her eyes,"

Her eyes? I always thought those glasses were just for show, maybe there is a bigger reasons behind them....

"Alright fine, I will go to a diner with you all after work tomorrow, but I will leave if Vinyl is too much," Octavia said.

"Okay!" Bon Bon said cheerfully, and Octavia left to work.

~•~•~•~•~

"And now I am stuck going to a diner with her, at least Bon Bon and Lyra seem nice," Octavia explained.

Her and Beauty Brass were at Beauty and Harpo's home having tea.

Beauty and Harpo had been dating for almost a year, and while they have their really odd arguments about the most random things they really loved each other.

Octavia had just finished telling Beauty about her day, when she looked at Beauty to see her smiling.

"What?" Octavia asked.

"Oh nothing," Beauty said in an innocent tone, still smiling.

"You're not telling me something," Octavia said, getting a little angered.

Octavia would have continued to bother Beauty about it, but Caramel told her to get home, and she was not in the mood to deal with Caramel sobbing, so she just said bye to Beauty and left.

"It's just, you two are acting like how me and Harpo did before we became a couple," Beauty whispered to herself, still smiling.

Maybe Octavia will finally find somepony new, Beauty thought to herself.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia got into the car and Caramel was crying, nothing new for Octavia.

“Why are you getting another job?!” Caramel cried.

“Because I wanted to…. Buy something,” Octavia lied.

Oh no, I never thought of an excuse.

“I COULD BUY IT FOR YOU! You know I love you! Right? Right?! RIGHT?!” Caramel sobbed.

Octavia sighed and then said, “This was something that I wanted to work on my own time, something that when I got it, it would be a symbol of my hard work.” Octavia explained.

“Why can’t it be a symbol of our love?”

Because I don’t want to lose it for five years and then it never leaves me alone.

The two ponies stayed silent for a while. A few minutes later Caramel broke the silence.

“ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!” He screamed.

Octavia was taken aback by this, never has Caramel accused her of cheating.

“CARAMEL IT’S JUST A JOB! BESIDES I HAVE ONLY WORKED THERE FOR ONE DAY!” Octavia screamed.

“PROVE IT!” Caramel yelled back.

“I WILL! COME TO WORK NEXT WEEK.” Octavia yelled and then shut her muzzle, realizing that she had just invited Caramel to go to her office.

No….

“Alright! And we can get dinner after!” Caramel said in a very happy mood.

Octavia said nothing, she instead looked out the window, thinking about the new ponies she has met and her new job.

What have I done?

Author's Note:

Fun fact: That last line was me thinking about how I am putting this on fimfiction :twilightoops:

Anyway, welcome to my new fic! It was only a matter of time before I made a fic about my favorite ship. :pinkiesmile:

First I want to say, I don't hate Caramel in the MLP universe.

Second, I REALLY need constructive criticism because this is my first time writing about characters that are not mine.

Also if there is already a fanfiction like this then sorry...

I will try to update this once a week (Still picking what day) but this is a harder fic to write then Why is this my life?

Also slanted text means it is a pony's thoughts.

Alright that is all, I hope you all enjoy this story! :twilightsmile:

Also it would be great if someone could make me a better picture that would be amazing.