• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 6

"What?" Octavia asked, in shock.

Octavia was staring at Vinyl, not believing what she just said. So Vinyl pulled out her phone and showed her the message,

'Don't come to work on Monday.'

Octavia stared at the phone, and then turned around and started walking away.

"Wait, Tavi! Where are you going?" Vinyl yelled, chasing after Octavia.

"I need to get home, I will see you at work tomorrow and we will confront Lyra about this," Octavia answered in a shaky voice, not even turning to face Vinyl. She sounded as though she was about to explode with anger.

Vinyl hears how Octavia's voice sounds and stops following her.

"Alright Tavi, I'll see you tomorrow,"

Octavia kept walking, but a few minutes later she heard Vinyl yelling,

"Wait Octavia!"

Octavia turned to face Vinyl.

"Be careful," Vinyl said in a small voice.

Octavia smiled at her and answered,

"I will,"

~~~Later~~~

When Octavia got home Caramel was not there. So she decided to do what she does when she is upset, play her cello.

She has no idea how long she played her cello, or how long Caramel was watching her, but she does know that she heard the door to her music room being opened.

"Caramel, I told you I don't like it when ponies listen to me play my cello when I am practicing," Octavia said coldly.

"Oh! Sorry... It's just that you sound so pretty," Caramel started, walking towards Octavia, "as well as look pretty,"

When Caramel finished speaking, he kissed Octavia on the cheek, only to be hit by a hoof.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?!" Caramel yelled, rubbing his head on the spot where Octavia hit him.

"What was that for?! I'll tell you what that was for! You kissed Bon Bon, which is not only wrong because you kissed a mare who is happy with her marefriend, but it is also wrong because you did it just because you think I am cheating on you!" Octavia yelled.

Caramel blinked at her, then started speaking,

"Why does it bother you? Don't you want a divorce?! Unless you do actually still love me!" Caramel yelled back.

Oh, now he brings up how I want a divorce like it is okay!

Octavia was fuming, "I don't Caramel, I don't love you. I loved the stallion you were before but I don't know who you are anymore. And I am mad because Bon Bon is my friend who I didn't want to get stuck into this mess. Caramel you are a terrible stallion who I regret ever getting into contact with,"

And with that, Octavia left the apartment. Leaving Caramel alone.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Vinyl awoke with a start to the sound of the doorbell. Vinyl then got up from the couch, only to feel a terrible pain in her back.

I really need to stop falling asleep there...

Vinyl's train of thought was broken by the doorbell again.

Vinyl mumbled in annoyance, "I'm coming..." And then put on her glasses.

Vinyl then walked up to the door and opened it, only to find Octavia standing there.

"Sorry to wake you Vinyl," Octavia apologized, "May I come in?"

Vinyl stared at her before shaking her head, "Oh yeah! Sure sure, c'mon in,"

Vinyl moved out of the way and Octavia walked into Vinyl's apartment.

"So, what brings you here?" Vinyl asked, closing the door.

"Oh, I just... I don't really want to explain. I'm sorry if I am an inconvenience but may I sleep here for the night?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl looked at her for a second with a raised eyebrow.

"Um, sure?" Vinyl answered unsure.

Octavia smiled at her, "Thank you Vinyl,"

Octavia then walked to the couch, but before she laid down she noticed something on the couch that looked like drool.

"Vinyl... Were you sleeping on the couch?"

Vinyl blushed and then rubbed the back of her head, "Heh heh, yeah..."

"You do know what a bed is for right? ... Do you even have a bed?" Octavia asked, a little concerned.

"Yeah I have a bed, you should probably sleep there tonight,"

Octavia waved her hoof, "Nonsense Vinyl! I am your guest, I should take the couch,"

"Do you really want to sleep on a couch covered in my drool?"

Octavia's eyes widened, "...Now that I think about it, I should probably just sleep on your bed,"

Vinyl laughed, "The bedroom is right over there," She then pointed at a room.

"Alright, thank you Vinyl, and goodnight." Octavia said and then walked to the bedroom.

"Night Octy." Vinyl said and then laid back down on the couch.

~~~The next morning~~~

Octavia had just woke up and walked into the living room. When she walked in, she found Vinyl still on the couch. She was drooling again and snoring very loudly. She was also kicking in her sleep, and her ears were also moving.

Octavia giggled at the display.

She looks so cute when she is asle- Where did that thought come from?

Octavia shook her head, trying to clear her mind of these thoughts. She then walked into Vinyl's kitchen which was attached to the living room. Once she got in there, she looked for any sign of food.

After a few minutes of searching, all she found was an empty box of Pop Tarts in the cabinet, and a bottle of whisky and a half eaten container of Chinese food in the fridge.

Well, now I can see why Vinyl eats so much food at work...

Octavia looked at the clock, seeing there was still around two hours before work would open.

I should repay Vinyl, I am going to go buy some ingredients to make her a proper breakfast.

And with that, Octavia left the apartment.

~~~Later~~~

Vinyl woke up to the smell of pancakes.

What the hell? Why do I- WAIT A MINUTE!

Vinyl then got up and ran to where the table was. There she found two plates of pancakes and Octavia setting up the table.

"Good morning Vinyl! I hope you don't mind that-"

"PANCAKES!" Vinyl yelled and then quickly sat down at the table and started digging into her pancakes.

Octavia giggled, "Slow down Vinyl! You might get a stomach ache if you eat them too fast,"

Vinyl completely ignored Octavia, already finishing the pancakes she had. Vinyl then quickly took the rest of the extra pancakes and covered them in serup.

Octavia rolled her eyes and started eating her pancakes as well.

~~~Later~~~

"And... Vinyl overslept again," Lyra said, annoyed.

Lyra and Bon Bon were outside the building that held their office. Every day they would meet Vinyl outside so they could catch up a little before working.Vinyl also had to be the one who told the receptionist that she can allow ponies into the office.

"Whatever Lyra, it's not like we even work that much," Bon Bon said.

"Yeah well, I just hope the receptionist remembers my face, or else we are stuck here until Vinyl opens up the office," Lyra said and then walked into the building.

Bon Bon decided to stay outside and wait for Lyra, in case Vinyl came there.

Bon Bon sat there for a few minutes in silence before she heard the sound of hooves galloping behind her.

Bon Bon turned around to find Caramel right behind her, so close their muzzles were touching.

Bon Bon let out a yelp and jumped away from Caramel.

"You told her... YOU TOLD HER YOU BITCH!" Caramel yelled.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" A voice yelled.

Caramel and Bon Bon turned towards the building to find Lyra standing there.

"Stay out of this!" Caramel yelled, and then started walking closer to Bon Bon.

In a flash, Lyra teleported in front of Bon Bon.

"I said, get away from her," Lyra growled.
Lyra then pushed Caramel away.

At that, Caramel punched Lyra right in the eye.

Bon Bon put her hoof to her mouth in shock. Lyra slowly turned towards Caramel, she now had a black eye on the eye where she was hit.

Lyra then tackled Caramel to the ground and the two started beating each other.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

"Well Octy, I gotta go to a meeting today but I'll still see you tomorrow! Okay?" Vinyl said.

Octavia smiled, "Sure Vinyl, see you tomorrow and thank you again for letting me sleep at your apartment,"

"No problem Octy! Bye!" Vinyl said and then walked away.

Octavia and Vinyl had been walking to the office, they were only one block away when Vinyl left.

Octavia then crossed the street towards the office, where she saw what looked like Bon Bon, Lyra and-

Oh no...

Octavia then galloped towards them. When she got there she found Caramel pinning Lyra to the ground while they yelled at each other, and Bon Bon yelling at them to stop fighting.

"CARAMEL! WHAT IN TARTARUS ARE YOU DOING?!" Octavia yelled.

Both Lyra and Caramel stopped fighting at the sound of Octavia's voice.

"I uh- I AM GETTING REVENGE ON THE PONY THAT IS GOING TO RUIN OUR MARRIAGE!" Caramel yelled.

Octavia paused for a moment, trying to understand why she went after Lyra and Bon Bon, but then she realized.

"BON BON DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT WHAT YOU DID, CARAMEL!" Octavia yelled.

Caramel stared at her wide eyed, he then got off of Lyra.

"FURTHERMORE, YOU ARE THE ONE RUINING OUR MARRIAGE!" Octavia yelled.

Caramel then looked at Octavia, then to Lyra, then to Bon Bon, and then back to Octavia. He opened his mouth to speak but then galloped away.

Octavia, Lyra, and Bon Bon all watched Caramel run away.

"I'm sorry, you two should take the day off, I am going as well. See you guys next week," Octavia said breaking the silence and walking away.

Lyra and Bon Bon watched Octavia walk away. Lyra then got up, once she was up Bon Bon hugged her.

"I love you," Bon Bon said, tears in her eyes.

Lyra hugged back, "I love you too, Bonnie,"

~~~Later~~~

Lyra waited at the bar for Vinyl. After the whole Caramel incident, her and Bon Bon had gone back home and just spent the day together. A few hours passed when she got a text from Vinyl telling her to come to the bar near their work.

"Hey Lyra- OH HOLY SHIT YOU HAVE A BLACK EYE," Vinyl yelled as she walked up behind Vinyl.

"Hey Vinyl, how was the meeting?" Lyra asked.

Vinyl sat next to her, "Uh, good... Why do you have a black eye?"

Lyra grinned, "Oh, I got this after fighting off some muggers who were trying to mug Bon Bon," Lyra then took of drink of the cider she already had.

Vinyl grinned as well, "Did she reward you with hot passionate sex?"

"Even better, hot passionate human roleplay sex!" Lyra answered with a smile.

"Ew, I don't want to hear about you and Bonnie's weird kinky ass sex,"

"What can I get you to drink Miss?" The bartender asked, walking up to them.

"I'll have a cider," Vinyl answered, the bartender nodded and walked away.

"Please don't end up drunk like last time. I had to drag you home on my back," Lyra said.

"Psh, better than you when you're drunk. When you're drunk you start talking about how we all must worship the human master race. I swear if I know any better, then you are in some kind of cult,"

"Heh, yeah. So, why did you call me here anyway? Don't you need to catch up on your porn?"

"My little horny porny can wait, I gotta know why you told me not to come to work on Monday,"

Lyra opened her mouth to answer but was stopped by Vinyl,

"AND why you told Octavia I was sick,"

Lyra frowned and then looked at her drink, think of a way to answer the question.

"There's...," Lyra sighed, "There are somethings going on that I can't tell you Vinyl, let's just say it had to do with the little secret you told me after Octavia's first day,"

Vinyl opened her mouth to respond but closed it when she heard the mention of the secret Lyra knew.

"What do I do about it?" Vinyl asked.

"Well, I think you are doing pretty well right now, you just need to keep going," Lyra answered.

"Alright, thanks Lyra. But, can I know why you did tell me to not come to work?" Vinyl asked.

"No, that would ruin almost everything," Lyra answered.

Vinyl gave Lyra a look, before giving in, "Alright, bye Lyra,"

And with that, Vinyl left the bar.

~~~Meanwhile~~~

Bon Bon was in the kitchen working on a new kind of candy for her second job. When Bon Bon wasn't at the office, she was working in a sweets shop that she hoped would one day soon be her own.

Bon Bon was working when she heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll be there in a second!" Bon Bon yelled.

One she got to the door and opened it, she found Octavia there.

"Hello Bon Bon, how are you?" Octavia asked.

"Octavia! Hi, I'm good! How are you?" Bon Bon asked and then moved out of the way so Octavia could go into her and Lyra's apartment.

"I'm... Alright. I came here to apologize again for getting you into this mess. I should have just kept my muzzle shut and Caramel would have never fought Lyra," Octavia said and then sat down on the couch.

"It’s alright Octavia, it is not your fault anyway. But what are you going to do about Caramel? You can stay here with me and Lyra if you would like," Bon Bon offered.

Octavia smiled, "That is very kind of you Bon Bon, but I am actually going to stay with Caramel,"

Bon Bon looked at her like she had just killed somepony, "What?! Are you crazy?!"

"No, although I hate him and don't want to be around him anymore, it is safer for you, Lyra, Vinyl, and my other friends if I just keep him happy," Octavia explained.

"But you shouldn't be miserable! Plus, Caramel could hurt you!"

Octavia waved her hoof, "No, he loves me too much to do that. He only hurts ponies he believes are in the way of him getting what he wants. Also, I don't want you guys to get hurt at my expense,"

Bon Bon frowned, "If that's really what you want then I guess you can. But that doesn't mean that Lyra, Vinyl, and I will stop trying to help you,"

Octavia smiled and then hugged Bon Bon, "Thank you,"

Once they separated from the hug, Bon Bon spoke,

"Octavia make me one promise. If you start to fall in love with somepony else, go after them and don't stop because of Caramel, okay?"

"Okay Bon Bon, I promise,"

~~~Later~~~

"So Octavia spoke to me today, I said what you wanted me to say," Bon Bon said.

"Good," Lyra said.

Lyra and Bon Bon were on the bed, Bon Bon had her head laying on Lyra's chest and Lyra had her hooves around Bon Bon.

"Are you going to tell me what this whole thing is about yet? With you telling Vinyl not to come to work and stuff like that?" Bon Bon asked.

Lyra moved Bon Bon's mane with her hoof and kissed her on the forehead, "One day Bonnie, but right now we just need to hope that we can make two mares happy,"

Bon Bon looked at her marefriend confused, but choose not to keep asking.

I hope Lyra isn't trying to be a matchmaker again, that didn't end well last time.

Author's Note:

No the last part was not a joke, it is foreshadowing :pinkiecrazy:

Anyway, I am a little worried about this chapter, I hope I am not making the story go too fast. :applejackunsure:

Is it bad that this story is making me ship Lyra and Bon Bon more then my OTP? (Only in this story)

Every time I make the author's note, I always forget what I wanted to say :ajbemused:

Well, for one thing, OMG 50 BOOKCASES?! THANK YOU ALL! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::rainbowdetermined2:

As well as the nice comments :twilightsmile:

I would love it if people could leave me some constructive criticism, and a like! :pinkiehappy:

I would also like it if people who dislike my story could tell me WHY but I doubt they are even reading it anymore.

Well, see you all next Monday! :twilightsmile: