• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 33

Octavia woke up with a start. She looked around, forgetting where she was until her eyes rested upon the sleeping unicorn below her.

Octavia smiled at how peacefully the unicorn slept before she got up and started getting ready for the day.

While she got ready, she recalled the events that have happened the day prior

Alright, so I went over to Vinyl's house, we had a little... fun, Octavia blushed, Caramel attempted to break in, we had our dinner and talked about Caramel's parents, and then... I said I love you to Vinyl.

Octavia froze.

I said I love you.

Octavia turned back around to face the sleeping unicorn, who was snoring softly.

Am I really ready for that kind of commitment? The last pony I said that to.... almost broke into her house yesterday.

Octavia started pacing as she panicked.

Oh no no no no no! Vinyl probably thinks I love her now! I mean, do I? I would think so, after everything we've been through. But, do I really? Am I ready to even say it? What if-

Octavia froze as she heard moving coming from the bed. After a few seconds, a very tried looking Vinyl sat up and looked around, until her red eyes landed on Octavia.

"Sup," Vinyl greeted in a tired voice.

Octavia giggled slightly, "Sup."

"Can you come back to bed?" Vinyl asked in a voice that almost sounded like a little filly.

Octavia tilted her head, "Why?"

All of a sudden, Octavia felt herself getting pulled towards the bed by Vinyl's magic. Once the cellist was standing right next to the bed, Vinyl wrapped her hooves around the mare and started rubbing her head against Octavia's chest.

"Cause you're soft," Vinyl replied simply as she continued her affections.

Octavia rolled her eyes with a smile, before pushing the DJ off of her.

"I would love to but I need to go to the courthouse today," Octavia explained.

"Oh! Ok, that's alright!" Vinyl exclaimed, happily, causing Octavia to smile again.

"But I do have a few minutes," Octavia said in an offering voice, causing Vinyl's smile to grow and her tail to wag.

In a second, Vinyl leaped up and grabbed the cellist, making the mare laugh.

Vinyl pulled Octavia on top of herself and the two started nuzzling their muzzles against each other, both having a goofy smile.

The two pulled away from one another, both still smiling. Vinyl then started moving in to kiss Octavia, however, Octavia put a hoof up to stop her.

"You have to brush-"

"Yeah yeah," Vinyl said, interrupting Octavia as she waved her hoof and moved away from Octavia's hoof, "I know I know."

Vinyl then got up and walked towards her bathroom before turning around and flashing a grin and then turning back around.

Octavia rolled her eyes with a smile before grabbing her phone as she started going through it.

Octavia paused, her phone activities as she gets a message. She opened it to find it was from
Symphony.

'OCTAVIA I AM PANICKING. SEND HELP NOW.'

Octavia raised an eyebrow.

'Hello Symphony.'

'COME OVER TO MY HOUSE. NOW.'

'Why?'

'BECAUSE YOU'VE DATED FREDRIC BEFORE. THEREFORE YOU NEED TO GIVE ME ADVICE. PLEASE.'

Octavia pondered for awhile, thinking back to the time the two dated. She then went back to her phone.

'Oh alright. Let me just tell Vinyl first. I also need to go to the courthouse today.'

'Ok! Thank you!'

Octavia smiled as she closed her phone.

The cellist then closed her eyes as she continued to think of the day prior.

However, this didn't last long as her eyes shot opened when she felt a pair of lips against her's.

She jumped back with a gasp, while the culprit laughed.

"Seriously Vinyl?" Octavia asked, annoyed as her marefriend continued to laugh.

"What? You said I could kiss you after I brush my teeth, so here I am," Vinyl responded with a smile, causing Octavia to roll her eyes.

"Well, it seems Symphony wants to talk to me after I go to the courthouse. Which means I should probably get going," Octavia explained as she started putting on her bow tie.

Vinyl saddened slightly, "Oh, so we can't hang out anymore today?"

Octavia gave her marefriend a sad smile before kissing her on the tip of her muzzle, "I'm afraid not. And I won't be able to see you again until Wednesday."

Vinyl continued to look sad until she suddenly perked up. "No, cause I'm seeing you on Monday."

Octavia gave the DJ a confused look, "Why?"

Vinyl grinned, "Cause I gotta know what happened between Symphony and Fredric."

Octavia rolled her eyes again, this time with a smile. Although she wouldn't admit it to herself, she was a little afraid Vinyl was getting clingy, however, her fears disappeared after that explanation.

"I mean, Beaut would kill Lyra and Bonnie if they didn't come. And as their boss, I would fire them if they didn't take me," Vinyl explained.

"I don't think that's legal," Octavia pointed out as she started to pack her things.

Vinyl shrugged, "Yeah but they don't know that."

Octavia chuckled before she went into the bathroom to brush her mane.

Meanwhile, Vinyl grabbed her glasses as she poured her and Octavia some cereal.

Once she was done, Vinyl sat down on her couch and started watching cartoons.

After a few minutes, Octavia came into the room, her mane like it always was and her bow on.

"What are you watching?" Octavia asked as she noticed Vinyl's TV on.

"Certews," Vinyl replied with a mouth full of cereal.

"Vinyl, don't talk with your mouth full," Octavia scolded.

Vinyl swallowed and gave her marefriend a sheepish smile, "Sorry. I'm watching cartoons."

Octavia raised her eyebrow, causing Vinyl to tilt her head in confusion. "What?"

"Cartoons? Really Vinyl?"

"What! They're great!" Vinyl argued.

Octavia just shook her head and laughed as she walked up to her marefriend.

The cellist then kissed Vinyl on the forehead, "You really are a filly, aren't you?"

"If I was then you'd probably go to jail," Vinyl joked causing Octavia to give her an unamused look.

"Do you have time for cartoons and cereal? I made you some," Vinyl offered as she pointed towards the kitchen.

Octavia turned around and walked towards the kitchen. A few seconds later she came out holding the cereal Vinyl had prepared her.

Vinyl smiled as she moved down the couch to make room for Octavia.

Octavia sat down next to Vinyl and the two enjoyed some cartoons and breakfast.

~•~•~•~•~

"Finally! You're here!" Symphony exclaimed with relief as she pulled her sister into the apartment.

"Yes yes, I'm here. Now, what do you want Symphony?" Octavia asked as she seated herself on the couch.

"I told you what I want!" Symphony replied, "I want you to tell me about how Fredric was as a stallionfriend."

"Well, Symphony, all of our opinions are different-"

"Yes I know I don't have the same taste in ponies as you do, I mean, Caramel, really?" Symphony stated, cutting off Octavia. Octavia glared at her sister for the comment about Caramel.

"Well then, should I just tell you stories about our relationship then?" Octavia asked.

Symphony's response was to sit on another chair in the living room and look at her sister with interested eyes.

Octavia rolled her eyes before sighing, "We started dating near the beginning of high school-"

"I know that."

Octavia sighed again, "I know you know that but I'm just saying it so I can go into more details."

Symphony waved her hoof to continue and Octavia obliged, "We started dating near the start of high school."

~•~•~•~•~

"Octavia?"

Octavia stopped packing her cello as she turned around to face Fredric.

"Yes?"

For some reason, her friend seemed to be standing straight, showing that he was confident.

"May I ask you something?"

Octavia raised any eyebrow, why was her friend acting so formal?

"Of course Fredric."

Fredric then cleared his voice, "Would you like to accompany me to dinner this evening?"

Octavia was taken aback, she had never gotten any signs of Fredric feeling anything more than friendship for her.

She then realized that she'd never even heard of Fredric liking any mare at all.

This must be his first time asking somepony out.... I can't break his heart on his first try. I mean, he is my friend.

Octavia smiled before nodding her head, "I would love to."

Fredric returned the smile, "Then I shall pick you up at six."

With that, Fredric left the school's music room.

Octavia sighed as she thought about what had just happened. Her train of thought was broken, however when she noticed Beauty Brass freaking out behind a piano while Harpo tried to keep her silent.

This is going to be an odd night.

~•~•~•~•~

"Wait, how is this story going to help you on your date with Fredric tonight?" Octavia asked, turning towards her sister.

"I don't know, but you've never told me this so I wanted to hear," Symphony replied.

Octavia rolled her eyes, "How about I just tell you how he acted on the date and then we can get you ready?"

Symphony pondered this for a second before she shrugged, "Alright."

Octavia nodded her head, "Alright, well he is a gentle pony. Very sweet and kind. He'll always be very polite and look out for you."

Symphony kept nodding her head as she heard her sister speak.

"Is that all?" Symphony asked once her sister finished.

"You've known him for years, Symphony. He isn't very different when dating then he is normally."

Symphony sighed, "Alright I guess. Do you think you could hang around the restaurant while we're having the date?"

Octavia raised an eyebrow, "Why are you so paranoid about this date than the one with Concerto?"

"Because!" Symphony suddenly yelled, causing Octavia to jump, "Concerto's went horribly, what do I do if Fredric's goes just as bad?"

Octavia's eyes softened as she hugged her sister, "Don't worry, Symphony. Fredric will still be friends with you, even if your date doesn't do well."

Symphony pulled away from her sister's hugged and faced her, "Octavia, what are bad traits Fredric has?"

Octavia thought for a moment, "Well, he can be overprotective to the point of annoyance. For example, he hates Vinyl because he thinks she'll become Caramel or something like that."

Symphony narrowed her eyes, "And you don't?"

"I don't what?"

"You don't worry that Vinyl will become like Caramel?"

"No! Of course not!" Octavia said in a voice that didn't convince Symphony.

Symphony continued to glare at her sister while Octavia attempted to keep her posture.

"Symphony, I may have done something stupid," Octavia suddenly blurted.

Symphony's eyes instantly became full of worry, "What happened?"

"I.... I told Vinyl I loved her," Octavia confessed, slumping down.

"What did she say?" Symphony asked.

"Well, she said I loved you too. She told me she loved me yesterday before... that happened. But now I'm worried what will happen to her. Will she start becoming clingy? Or obsessed with me? Why do I have this worry when I know she is not Caramel?!" Octavia exclaimed, tears in her eyes.

Symphony frowned as she wiped away her sister's tears, "Because Caramel is the only other pony you've ever loved. You're afraid to feel that again as your only other memory of being in love is a stallion who is extremely clingy."

Octavia sighed, "You're right."

"I think you should talk about this with Vinyl," Symphony suggested, "Who knows, maybe you're both hiding something from one another."

Memories of nightmare night flashed into Octavia's head as she remembered that mysterious pony who forced her to face all of her problems.

"Alright, I will," Octavia said with a smile, "But later, I have a very busy week ahead."

"Alright," Symphony said, returning the smile.

"Now, c'mon!" Octavia exclaimed getting up, "Let's get you ready for your date."

Symphony's eyes became wide with horror as Octavia dragged her to the bathroom.

~•~•~•~•~

"Are you sure I'm ready?" Symphony asked as she examined herself.

Octavia smiled, "You look great, Symphony."

Symphony blushed before she hugged her sister, "Thanks for helping me."

Octavia chuckled as she kissed her sister on the cheek, "You're welcome. Fredric will most likely be here soon so I should probably get going."

Symphony nodded as Octavia left her apartment.

The cellist paused as she was halfway through the door, she turned back. "Good luck, Symphony."

And with that, Octavia was gone.

Symphony let out a stressed sigh as she paced around her living room.

"Okay, okay. You can do this, Symphony. Fredric likes you, and you like him. If something happens, Fredric will still be my friend. What could possibly go wrong?!"

Knock.

Symphony jumped and spun around towards her door.

Here we go...

Symphony walked up to the door and opened it.

"Hello Symphony, are..." Fredric trailed off as he noticed how Symphony looked.

She is enchanting.

"Fredric?" Symphony asked.

Fredric jumped, "Oh, I'm sorry! I lost my train of thought! Shall we go?"

Symphony giggled, "Yes, we shall."

Symphony wrapped one hoof around Fredric's and the two made their way to the restaurant.

"So, I've been meaning to ask. Everypony keeps saying you have a marefriend, what happened to her?" Symphony asked.

Fredric rolled his eyes, "We just broke up, not every couple has some dramatic story behind their break-ups."

Symphony laughed at that, causing Fredric to smile.

Maybe tonight won't be so bad after all...

The two continued to walk and talk until they finally made it to the restaurant. Once they were there, they were seated and they started selecting their food.

The two talked and talked until they ordered their food, and then they continued to talk.

All a while, they had no idea what was going on just a table away.

"This is much easier!" Beauty Brass commented.

"Well, for you maybe, for us we have to sit under this table!" Lyra exclaimed from below the table.

"Yeah, but you guys didn't even care too much. Unlike Harpo and I!" Beauty Brass replied.

"Muph mah mupa," Harpo replied with a mouth full of bread.

"What?" Bon Bon asked.

Harpo swallowed the food, "I said I'm only here for the food."

"Shhhh, you're here for the romance," Beauty Brass purred as she hushed her stallionfriend.

"At least I know what you three did when spying on Vinyl and I," Octavia commented.

Beauty Brass and Harpo were dressed up and seated at a table, looking like they were there for a nice dinner. However, under the table, were Lyra, Bon Bon, and Octavia.

"I can't believe you're here, Octavia! This is, like, the next step in our friendship!" Beauty Brass exclaimed, happily.

"I'm only here because Symphony asked me to and because our mother is forcing me," Octavia explained.

"I am now seeing your mother in a new light, Octavia," Bon Bon said.

"What's going on now?" Lyra asked, sounding extremely bored.

"They look like a couple having a good time," Harpo replied.

"Yes!" Beauty Brass celebrated.

"Did you do this with Symphony and Concerto?!" Octavia asked, now extremely worried.

"Nope!" Beauty Brass replied.

"Why? Don't you eat this stuff up?" Lyra asked.

"I do!" Beauty Brass confirmed, "But I must say, I do prefer Fredric and Symphony."

"We should have set bets," Lyra pouted.

"No!" Bon Bon exclaimed.

"Why?" Lyra whined.

"Because that would be wrong!" Bon Bon yelled.

"Excuse me, what would this lovely couple like?" The waiter asked, coming up to Harpo and Beauty Brass.

"Hey! Ask for Prench fries," Lyra whispered. "Ow!" The same mare cried in pain as Bon Bon slapped her arm.

"Oh I'll have nothing," Beauty Brass said as she continued to stare at the couple.

"More bread please!" Harpo replied.

The waiter raised his eyebrow before he took the menus and walked away.

"You two bought reservations to a restaurant just to get bread?" Octavia asked, annoyed.

"No!" Beauty Brass responded, "We bought reservations to watch Symphony and Fredric's date!"

~•~•~•~•~

Symphony and Fredric laughed as Symphony finished her story.

"Octavia really did that?" Fredric asked as he continued to laugh.

"Yes!" Symphony replied through her laughed, "my parents were furious!"

They broke out into more laughter.

"This is boring," Lyra commented from under the table.

"Then why did you agree to this?" Bon Bon hissed.

"Because I've got nothing better to do," Lyra replied with a shrug.

"Fredric!" A mare voice called, causing everypony to freeze.

Oh no, everypony except Symphony, Lyra, and Bon Bon thought.

Who's that? Symphony thought to herself.

"Oh hello, Fredric! Funny seeing you here," The mare greeted.

Fredric slowly turned to the mare, a forced smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" Fredric hissed.

"Well, that's a rude thing to ask," The mare huffed, "We may have broken up but that doesn't allow you to be rude to me."

Symphony's eyes widened in realization. The mare then noticed Symphony staring at her.

"Oh... who's this?" The mare asked, facing Fredric again.

"This is Symphony," Fredric replied, "My date."

This time, the mare's eyes went wide with realization. And Symphony swore she could see a flick of jealousy in her eyes.

"Oh! Nice to meet you, I'm Sweet Song," Sweet Song greeted through her own forced smile.

"Hello, I'm Symphony," Symphony greeted as she shook the mare's hoof.

Fredric all the while seemed completely uncomfortable with the whole ordeal, and sadly, his ex marefriend noticed.

"Why don't I tell you about my dating experiences with Fredric, hm?" Sweet Sound asked in an almost evil tone as she seated herself.

"Well, I, uh-"

"I insist!" Sweet Song exclaimed, cutting off Symphony.

"What is she doing?!" Beauty Brass hissed.

"Talking?" Harpo joked, causing Beauty Brass to glare at him.

"She's ruining the whole plan!" Beauty Brass exclaimed.

"Wait, since when have we had a plan?!" Bon Bon asked.

"Since now. Lyra, go out there and stop this," Beauty Brass commanded.

"What! Why me?!" Lyra exclaimed.

"Because! You're a great distraction!" Beauty Brass explained.

"I think you're more distracting when you're running out from under a bar and attempting to kill the bartender," Octavia said, drily.

"Whatever! One of you just-" Beauty Brass trailed off as she saw both Fredric and Symphony blush at whatever Sweet Song said.

"I really don't need to know this," Symphony said as her blush grew.

"Wait! I'm not done! So then-" Sweet Song was suddenly interrupted by an insane mare.

"Don't you dare continue!" Beauty Brass yelled.

"Beauty Brass?!" The three all exclaimed at the same time.

"I have been through too much for this not to work!" Beauty Brass yelled as she put her hoof to Sweet Song's chest.

"Okayyyy, please ignore miss crazy mare here," Lyra said as he attempted to push Beauty Bras away.

"Lyra?! Why are you here?!" Symphony asked.

"Well, uh, we decided to take the Octavia route and date other ponies in order to strengthen our relationships," Lyra explained with an innocent smile.

"That would implying that I'm going back to Caramel," Octavia commented.

"Octavia! I wouldn't expect this kind of behavior from you!" Fredric exclaimed.

"That's because I was forced here by my mother," Octavia explained.

"And I'm just here for the bread," Harpo said, happily.

Both Symphony and Fredric facehoofed at the same time.

"Alright, everypony out. Let's leave the couple alone," Bon Bon said as she pushed the whole ground of ponies out.

"Wai!t No! I didn't finish my story!" Sweet Song protested.

"And I didn't finish my stalking!" Beauty Brass whined.

The couple watched the ponies get pushed out by Bon Bon. Once they were gone, the two looked at one another and laughed.

"Well, that certainly made our night one to never forget," Fredric said as he chuckled.

"Yes, I definitely won't forget this night," Symphony agreed as she finished laughing, "However, it is not over yet. Even when we leave this restaurant."

Fredric's eyes went wide with what she was implying.

She can't mean that, can she?

His answer came in the form of an amazing night that sealed their relationship.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia returned home and attempted to walk straight to her bed, however, she was stopped by a loud voice.

"Where were you?" Caramel demanded.

Octavia turned around, already angry, "I was with my friends. They told me how you tried to break into Vinyl's apartment, what were you thinking?!"

"Oh don't give me that! You slept with her, I know it!" Caramel yelled.

"And what if I did?" Octavia asked, "Face it Caramel, we're over! I want to move on with my life and you should do the same! Why don't you just let me be happy?!"

"I want you to be happy!" Caramel argued, "Just not with her!"

"Why?" Octavia asked, "Because it's not you?!"

"Yes!" Caramel answered.

Octavia let out an annoyed roar as she turned towards her bedroom.

"You are insane. When we first met I thought you were a sweet and kind stallion. But you're actually insane. You do whatever it takes to get what you want without thinking of the consequences," Octavia hissed before she shut and locked the door.

Once her door was shut and locked, she sunk to the floor and cried.

She could hear Caramel's loud sobbing from the other room, but she ignored it.

Nothing matters to her anymore. She'll be rid of him, won't she?

"I hope Vinyl doesn't leave me," Octavia whispered to herself, "I cannot imagine how it feels to basically share your marefriend."

Octavia thought back to the previous night, the two laying in bed almost asleep.

"I also hope she loves me as much as I do," Octavia whispered to herself.

Author's Note:

So this chapter didn't have a lot of Octacratch, I guess this is sort of a break. But don't worry, the next chapter is back to the normal ways!

Also, sex tag now. Yay. I'm not going to actually write any sex though.

Thank you all for your support on the story, I'll see you all next Monday! :twilightsmile:

Oh, and happy Holidays! :pinkiehappy: