• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 12

Vinyl Scratch woke up the same way she did every morning, on her couch.

"CELESTIA NOT AGAIN!" Vinyl yelled annoyed. Vinyl then stretched, feeling a bit of pain in her back.

I hate this couch.

Vinyl got up and went into her kitchen in search of food, after a few minutes she stopped.

Oh yeah I forgot, I don't own food. Guess I'll take a shower.

Vinyl then walked to her bathroom but stopped at the doorway.

No wait, Tavi doesn't go to work anymore.... I guess there really isn't a purpose now.

So instead of showering Vinyl grabbed a brush, she brushed her mane to make it look at the very least presentable, and then went off to work.

~•~•~•~•~

Vinyl was sitting in her office, staring at the clock.

In five, four, three, two... Alright, Bonnie should have restocked the kitchen.

Vinyl got up from her chair and went to the office kitchen. She made herself some Pop Tarts and started walking back to her office.

Work had been uneventful for Vinyl since Octavia had left. Vinyl never really even realized how boring her job was until Octavia came into her life.

Vinyl almost made it to her office to eat her Pop Tarts in peace when all of a sudden she was grabbed and pulled into a dark room.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! WHOEVER THE HELL THIS IS I AM GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA YOU!" Vinyl yelled and started bucking her legs in an attempt to fight.

"OW! SHE KICKED ME!" A deep voice with a British accent complained.

"I told you she was a fighter." Another voice said, this voice was high pitched.

"What the buck do you ponies think you’re doing attacking me in my office?!" Vinyl asked in rage.

"We aren't going to attack you! We are here to help you!" The deep voice corrected.

"Oh really?" Vinyl asked, sounding sarcastic. "Sorry, I just assumed you were attacking me when I got PULLED INTO A DARK ROOM!"

"... Wow, you’re kind of rude." The deep voice commented.

"OF COURSE SHE IS! WE’RE BASICALLY KIDNAPPING HER!" The high pitched voice argued.

"But that was rude of her to assume we have bad intentions!" The deep voice argued back.

"Maybe she wouldn't if she HEARD OUR REAL VOICES!"

"Yeah... But I sound sexy in this voice," The deep voice argued back, sounding a little bit whinny.

"....I am going to pretend you didn't say that," The high pitched voice said after a moment of awkward silence.

Vinyl had stopped struggling and opted to just listen to the voices bicker in hopes she would understand what their plan was.

All of a sudden, Vinyl was blinded by a white light. After a few seconds, her vision came back, blinking her eyes to recover from the surprise exposure of the brightness.

What she saw was Lyra and Beauty Brass standing in front of her. They had locked her in the presentation room.

"LYRA?! BEAUT?! WHAT THE BUCK ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" Vinyl yelled.

"Wait, isn't she your boss? Couldn't you get fired for this?" Beauty Brass asked in the deep voice from before.

"Nah, this isn't that weird of a thing that happens here.” Lyra answered in the high pitched voice.

"Can one of you explain to me what the hell you two are doing?!" Vinyl asked, filled with annoyance and anger.

Lyra casted another spell before speaking.

"Well," Lyra explained, now in her normal voice, "Beauty Brass contacted me wanting me to help you get with Octavia. So Beauty Brass has made some changes to our original plan,"

Vinyl rubbed between her eyes in annoyance, "Lyra I told you NOT to tell anypony!"

"I know but she came to ME!" Lyra said.

Vinyl looked at Beauty Brass in confusion, before remembering what Octavia had told her days before.

"Beaut... Why the hell do you even want me and Octavia to be a couple?"

"Because you two are so cute together!" Beauty Brass answered.

Vinyl turned towards Lyra again, this time pointing at Beauty Brass.

"Really? This is the help? She is just a shipper!"

"She has other reasons but is not allowed to say due to promises she has made." Lyra clarified.

"Oh? Like the promise you made to me?" Vinyl asked angrily.

"Listen Vinyl, I know you may be mad but I really want to help! So please let me!" Beauty Brass begged.

Vinyl sighed in defeat, shaking her head as she looked down.

I don’t have much of a choice anymore, do I?

"Fine.” Vinyl mumbled.

Lyra clapped her hooves together, "Perfect! Beauty, set up the slide show!"

Beauty Brass saluted Lyra.

"Right away!"

As Vinyl watched the two go to work on the computer connected to the projector in the presentation room, Vinyl sighed.

I hope Beaut knows how to help me. I am starting to believe Octavia will never like me more then a friend.

~•~•~•~•~

Bon Bon was walking around the office, looking for her boss. For some reason, classical music was being heard throughout the office and no pony could find the source of it.

Vinyl is always in the office, either napping or eating, so she should probably be there.

Bon Bon walked towards Vinyl’s office but stopped when she found some Pop Tarts, one half eaten, on the floor.

"What in Equestria?" Bon Bon mumbled to herself.

As Bon Bon examined the PopTarts, she realized that the classical music was louder here then anywhere else in the office.

Bon Bon looked around and found that the presentation room was right next to her, and that the doors were closed.

Bon Bon leaned her ear against the door and heard ponies talking in there but they were drowned out by the music.

I should probably leave them alone… The last time I went into a room because I was hearing noises was... Not fun...

But, curiosity got the better of Bon Bon and she opened the door a crack to view the inside of the room.

What she found was three ponies sitting on the long table watching a video. Bon Bon recognized two of the ponies as Vinyl and Lyra, but the third pony... She didn’t remember.

Then all of a sudden, memories of the day when Caramel had kissed her came flooding back into her head, causing Bon Bon to shiver in disgust.

She... She was one of the ponies from Octavia's ensemble... What is she doing here?

Bon Bon opened the door a little more, just enough so that she could fit through. Once inside she found that the three ponies were watching... Slow dancing?

"How in Equestria am I supposed to learn this in less than a week?!" Vinyl exclaimed.

"You'll practice! After this video you and Beauty Brass can try this!" Lyra answered.

"Why me?! You said you also knew how to slow dance, Lyra! You should do it, at least Vinyl knows you!" Beauty Brass complained.

"That is true, but you have the same accent as Octavia, so that way it will be more like Vinyl is dancing with Octavia." Lyra said matter of factly.

Vinyl and Beauty both turned to Lyra, both showing no emotion on their faces.

After a second, they both shouted.

"THAT'S A TERRIBLE REASON!"

"Lyra! What in Equestria are you doing?!" Bon Bon exclaimed, finally making her presence known.

The three ponies snapped their heads to Bon Bon.

"Oh! Uh- hey Bonnie! I was uh-" Lyra stammered.

"You're trying to play matchmaker again, aren't you?!" Bon Bon exclaimed.

"Uhhhhhhh..." Lyra said not knowing how to answer.

"Do I need to remind you of the last time you tried that?!" Bon Bon asked.

"Please don't." Vinyl pleaded.

"Get out here, now Lyra." Bon Bon demanded, walking outside of the presentation room.

Lyra quickly followed, leaving Vinyl and Beauty Brass alone.

"Is... Is Lyra going to be okay?" Beauty Brass asked concerned.

"....How often does Octy attempt to kill me?" Vinyl asked.

"A lot?" Beauty Brass answered.

"And how often has she succeeded?" Vinyl continued.

"Um, never?" Beauty Brass answered, confused by the random questions.

"Then yes Lyra will be fine. If I can handle Octy then Lyra can definitely handle Bonnie,"

~•~•~•~•~

"Lyra what are you doing?! How long have you been trying this and why is that mare here?!" Bon Bon asked, already bombarding Lyra with questions.
"Okay listen... Don't tell anypony this but... Vinyl may have the smallest of crushes on Octavia..."

Lyra paused a bit before continuing.

"And by smallest I meant it is the size of Equestria."

Bon Bon stared at Lyra with wide eyes. She opened her mouth then closed it.

Then that means... That Vinyl and Octavia- OH MY CELESTIA!

"I want to speak with that mare." Bon Bon demanded.

"Who? Beauty Brass? Alright I'll go get her," Lyra said turning around to re-enter the presentation room.

Yes! Maybe Bonnie won't kill me!

"AFTER we finish OUR conversation." Bon Bon corrected, and Lyra turned back around to face her.

… So close to freedom.

Lyra sighed, looking down at the floor.

"I have been doing this since Octavia first started working here. Vinyl was instantly attracted to her."

"That would make sense... I did thought how it was weird Vinyl told Octavia she was bisexual when she has only liked one stallion in the past." Bon Bon said.

"Yeah, because Vinyl realized her sexuality the day prior."

"So that means-"

"Octavia made Vinyl realize she was gay." Lyra said, continuing Bon Bon’s sentence.

"Oh….That's... Wow..." Bon Bon said, in shock at this new information.

"Yeah, that's what I thought too."

After a moment of silence, Bon Bon finally said,

"I would like to speak with Beauty Brass, please."

~•~•~•~•~

"Alright, let's watch this video next." Beauty Brass said, clicking a new video on the computer.

After a second, the video came on.

"OH MY CELESTIA, BEAUTY NO! TURN THAT OFF!" Vinyl exclaimed, blushing from embarrassment.

"Why? You may need to learn this stuff for after-"

"I DON'T NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PUT ON HORN CONDOMS BEAUTY!" Vinyl exclaimed, blushing even more.

Beauty Brass then started grinning.

"Oh? Does that mean you already know?"

Vinyl's blush grew even more.

"NO!"

"Well that wouldn't surprise me, Octavia did say she found porn in your office."

"LET'S PLAY A GAME! IT'S CALLED CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" Vinyl said in a panic, her face turning fully red.

"It's true, Beauty. And I believe her porn searching has only increased since Octavia has joined the office." Lyra said entering the office.

"Oh great, Lyra's alive! I was actually hoping Bonnie would finally killed you this time." Vinyl said, sticking her tongue out at Lyra, who returned the gesture.

"Bonnie wants to talk to you, Beauty." Lyra said, sitting down next to Vinyl.

"Oh, alright." Beauty Brass said and walked out of the presentation room.

After a moment of silence, Lyra said with a grin,

"That horn condom video totally made you fantasize, didn't it?"

Vinyl grinned back.

"You know it."

~•~•~•~•~

"Hello, Beauty Brass." Bon Bon greeted as Beauty walked out of the room.

"Hello Bon Bon, what did you want to speak about?" Beauty Brass asked.

"Did Octavia tell you she likes Vinyl?" Bon Bon asked.

Beauty Brass was taken aback by her being so forward, but after a second Beauty nodded.

"So, I'm not the only pony she told."

Bon Bon nodded.

"Did you tell Lyra or Vinyl?"

"No, I thought that Vinyl should find out on her own... And also it doesn't seem that Lyra is very good at keeping secrets..."

Bon Bon chuckled.

"No, she is really bad."

After some silence, Beauty Brass spoke.

"What now?"

Bon Bon sighed.

"Well, although I believe matchmaking is not the smartest thing, I think that these two ponies need each other. So now, I am going to help you guys."

Beauty Brass smiled and Bon Bon returned the smile.

And with that, the two ponies walked back into the presentation room.

~•~•~•~•~

As all the ponies went back home from their jobs, Beauty Brass followed Bon Bon to finish some stuff in the kitchen.

"I feel like we are forgetting something..." Bon Bon said.

"Like there is one giant obstacle in our plan that we are forgetting..."

Beauty Brass scratched her chin in thought, then after a second her eyes went wide.

"Caramel."

Bon Bon's head snapped towards Beauty's and the two looked at each other with wide eyes.

"We need to keep him away from them!" Beauty Brass exclaimed.

"We'll make a plan!" Bon Bon said in an attempt to find a solution for the problem.

"But Caramel will cancel everything to be there!" Beauty Brass said in a panic.

"Then... Then me and Lyra will have to keep an eye on him!" Bon Bon said.

"Great!" Beauty Brass said, quickly hugging Bon Bon.

"Now that problem is out of the way! Well, I need to get home, talk to you later!"

Bon Bon waved at Beauty until she was out of sight. Once she was, Bon Bon sat on the floor.

"This is not going to end well..." Bon Bon said to herself as she pulled out her phone.

'Lyra, we have a problem!' Bon Bon texted.

'What?!'

'Caramel.'

'... Oh shit.'

~•~•~•~•~

“So, you know Vinyl?” A voice said from the other end of a phone.

“Yes sir, and I am afraid my wife may be attracted to her.” Caramel said into his phone.

“Heh, that wouldn't surprise me… So, what do you want me to do?” The voice asked.

“I would like you to fly here and have a chat with Vinyl at her office.” Caramel said, a smile growing on his face.

“Alright, I have been wanting to see her. I’ll be there soon, Caramel. And don’t worry, your wife will no longer be after Vinyl once I’ve been done with her.” The voice reassured.

“That’s what I like to hear.” Caramel said and then hung up the phone.

“Caramel, who were you speaking to?” Octavia asked as she entered their apartment.

“No pony!” Caramel answered nervously.

Octavia shrugged and walked to her bedroom.

Once Octavia was gone, Caramel chuckled, “No pony at all…”

Author's Note:

Hellllooooo Everyone! Thank you all again for your support and constructive criticism!

Because of the criticism, I think that this chapter is the best quality wise.

I guess I tried to just make a funny chapter instead of what the other chapters are like because the next chapter may be a little more.... Actually, I won't say :trollestia:

Also the reason I didn't show more about Vinyl, Lyra, Beauty, and Bon Bon's plan is because I wanted to make it more of a surprise.

Well that's all for now, big thanks to Divina for editing the story. :pinkiesmile:

And also thank you all again for your support! :pinkiehappy:

Don't forget to leave a like and some constructive criticism!

See you all next Monday! :twilightsmile: