• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 13

Tonight was the night.

The night Octavia and her ensemble have been waiting for.

The ensemble walked into Canterlot castle, most of them carrying their instruments with them.

"I still can't believe that Celestia choose us to perform." Octavia said, sounding calm with excitement.

"This will be our biggest performance yet!" Fredric commented, sounding elated.

As the ponies walked to the stage to set up, Beauty Brass stopped Octavia.

"Hey Octavia, is Caramel going to be here?" Beauty Brass asked.

"No actually, Caramel’s in Ponyville visiting his friend, Lucky Streak." Octavia answered with a smile.

"Oh great!" Beauty Brass exclaimed.

Octavia nodded and continued walking to the stage. Meanwhile, Beauty Brass was still standing there, but once Octavia was out of sight, she took out her phone.

'Caramel is not coming, he is in Ponyville!' Beauty Brass texted.

"What are you doing?" Said a voice behind Beauty.

Beauty Brass jumped and snapped her head around to find Fredric standing there.

"NOTHING. I AM DOING NOTHING. NOTHING IS WHAT I AM DOING." Beauty Brass said, rather loudly, and then galloped onto the stage.

Fredric, confused, curious, and suspicious, followed after Beauty Brass.

What is she planning?

~•~•~•~•~

"What are we going to do about Caramel?" Lyra asked, sounding a bit worried, pacing back and forth.

She and Bon Bon were outside the castle, the party had just started and the two of them were trying to think of a plan to prevent Caramel from getting near Octavia.

Bon Bon took out her phone and smiled. She stopped the pacing Lyra, showing her the recent text.

"Beauty Brass just said that Caramel is in Ponyville so I think we’ll be okay." Bon Bon explained, smiling a bit and sounding somewhat relieved.

Right as Bon Bon finished explaining, a giant Apple carriage showed up being pulled by a grey stallion and... Caramel?!

"OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Lyra shouted, stomping her hooves.

Lyra then turned to Bon Bon, and asked, "What do we do now?"

Before Bon Bon could answer, she was interrupted.

"At the Gala!" Several ponies sung, literally out of nowhere.

Lyra turned back to find the Elements of Harmony and random other ponies... Singing?

"Perfect! They are having one of their musical numbers! That gives us time to plan!" Bon Bon said.

Before Lyra could even respond, she was pulled into the musical number.

Bon Bon slapped a hoof on her forehead, shaking her head as her eyes wandered, looking for Lyra.

"… This may be harder than I thought..." Bon Bon said to herself, finding Lyra, seeing her stuck singing with the other ponies.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia played her cello, looking calm and bored. But internally, she was freaking out.

Even though she and the rest of the ensemble had already spent some energy on their excitement, no amount of happiness or other feelings could’ve been expressed in any way.

This was it, the show to finally be able to get away from Caramel.

If this goes well, then I can finally afford to get the divorce.

I can finally be happy, not constantly get barraged by Caramel’s crying, his begging, his abuse.

Maybe, me and Vinyl could-

Then, all of a sudden, she heard a voice start singing.

"I'm at the Grand Galloping Gala!" The voice sung.

What in Equestria?

Octavia glanced over to the party to find Pinkie Pie, the Element of Laughter, singing and dancing all over the castle.

All of sudden, she showed up next to Beauty Brass and Harpo, startling both of them.

She then showed up next to her and Fredric.

Fredric gave Pinkie a stern glare while Octavia just gave Pinkie a confused look.

That pony has energy that can rival that of Vinyl's.

The pink pony then all of sudden popped out of Fredric's piano, startling Fredric.

"I'm at the Grand Galloping Galaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" Pinkie Pie sung in a high voice.

Pinkie paused and all the ponies glared at her, including the ensemble.

"It's all I've ever dreamed?" Pinkie Pie finished in a soft voice.

Well... That was... Unexpected…

I just hope that was all the craziness that will go on tonight....

And with that, everypony went back to the party, including the ensemble who continued playing.

~•~•~•~•~

"Where in Equestria is Bonnie?" Lyra asked to herself.

After the musical, Lyra was pushed into a crowd of ponies near the wonderbolts. She was currently stuck in the crowd looking for her Marefriend.

Behind Lyra, outside the window. A pony wearing sunglasses moved slowly down on a grappling hook. Once the pony realized she could be seen, she quickly zipped back up.

"I knew I should have brought my camo paint." Bon Bon said to herself as she grappling hooked up to the top of the castle.

"Lyra?" A pony asked.

Lyra turned to find her old friend.

"Minuette!" Lyra greeted.

The two ponies hugged and started chatting.

Meanwhile, Bon Bon had gone back down and saw Lyra talking to a blue unicorn.

"What in Equestria is Lyra doing?!" Bon Bon said to herself, sounding confused.

Bon Bon went close to the window and over heard Lyra say the name 'Minuette'.

Bon Bon then got out a notebook and wrote down the name Minuette.

"I swear, if that pony tries anything… She will not be remembered..." Bon Bon said to herself.

~•~•~•~•~

After the incident with the pink pony, the night had continued on as planned.

Octavia was enjoying the night, although it was not very exciting, at least she was being appreciated for her musical talents.

Then all of a sudden, she heard a pony whisper into her ear,

"Play the pony pokey,"

An agreement Octavia and her ensemble made was to play any suggested songs but that song was.... Childish.

We are not doing this...

We play classical and beautiful music.

This is not a foal’s 5th birthday party, this is a royal ball, full of high class ponies, and no matter how boring it is, it’s the most honoring thing to be able to even be here.

And we’re asked to play the pony pokey in such a place?

How are we going to be respected if we’re playing a stupid kid’s song?

Octavia looked over at Fredric, who simply shrugged, and moved back to face his piano.

Octavia looked over at Beauty Brass and Harpo, both of them looked ready to play.
Harpo look like he was about to start laughing.

Octavia sighed, shaking her head as she began to ready herself.

We’re doing this...

Once Harpo regained his composure, the ensemble all turned towards Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie gained the audience's attention and the ensemble started playing.

"You reach your right hoof in, you reach your right hoof out," The pony sang.

Can this night be any worse? Octavia thought to herself as her ensemble played.

"Are they playing the pony polka?" Bon Bon asked herself as she watched the party from outside the castle.

"This night is... Interesting. I just hope that everything goes according to plan." Bon Bon said as she continued searching the castle.

As the song finally came to an end, Octavia heard Fredric start playing his piano oddly.

Before Octavia could see why, Octavia felt her hoof get grabbed and then be forced to play the cello extremely aggressively. Once that was finished, she was pushed to the floor.

Beauty Brass and Harpo had stopped playing to watch the crazed pony continue her song. Somehow, Fredric was still playing.

Once the song finished, Beauty Brass helped Octavia back onto her hooves.

"This night is becoming out of control..." Beauty Brass whispered.

"You're telling me..." Octavia growled.

"That pink pony is ruining everything..." Fredric whispered venomously, giving the pink pony a glare.

The ensemble then realized that said pink pony was getting out what looked what looked like a table with discs on them, with speakers next to the table

"That's the thing Vinyl plays." Octavia commented.

"Their called turntables." Harpo corrected.

As Pinkie Pie moved the turntables onto the stage, the ensemble decided that they have had enough and left the stage.

"This night has been... ATROCIOUS!" Fredric exclaimed.

"Well, at least you weren't knocked to the floor!" Octavia argued with a glare.

"Guys, I know we're upset but let's not take it out on one another," Harpo said, trying to calm the ponies down.

"You deserved it! That 'marefriend' of yours probably gave that pink monster those turntables! This night was suppose to be our night, Octavia! We spent weeks practicing for this, and it was all for nothing! Maybe your Vinyl set this up to entertain herself! Right now the Grand Galloping Gala is ruined and we are going to be blamed for it! It always has to be about you! What about us?! You’re problems with Caramel, your job, your stupid conflicting feelings! WHAT ABOUT US?!" Fredric argued back with his own glare.

The three other ensemble members all stared at the pianist with wide eyes and opened mouths.

Octavia's eyes started watering, holding the tears in as she ran off, leaving the three ensemble members alone.

"Dude... Uncalled for…" Harpo said, obviously sounding disappointed with Fredric and his words against Octavia.

After realizing what he had said, Fredric's face of rage became one of realization and regret.

"We… I need to find her..." Fredric said in a regretful tone.

He didn’t mean to hurt her, he was just really mad. He felt somewhat humiliated during that last scene that happened with everypony.

We spent hard work, time, and we were so happy…

It was just taken away, because of some stupid Element pony who ruined everything.

Did the Elements of Harmony ever take into consideration the ponies who were affected in this damn catastrophe?

Our night is ruined.

Our one chance at this, becoming more famous, doing what we love, was ruined.

Fredric and Harpo quickly started walking towards the direction Octavia had stormed off to, but was stopped by Beauty Brass.

"STOP! I KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!" Beauty Brass yelled, taking out her phone.

"BON BON, START THE PLAN!" Beauty Brass yelled into the phone.

"Alright!" Bon Bon responded.

Once Beauty Brass hung up the phone, the two other ensemble members just stared at her.

"I knew you were planning something!" Fredric said with a glare.

Beauty Brass smiled.

"Of course I was,"

~•~•~•~•~

"This night was nothing like we hoped..." Octavia cried to herself.

"I was hoping we would make enough money to... Be stronger, strong enough to leave..."

Octavia was at one of the highest points in the canterlot castle. Although she should be upset with Fredric, she understood where his rage came from.

Maybe I should’ve never even told anypony about my marriage issues… I’ll never escape… Why should I get the ones I loved dragged into this? Maybe I am just-

"You okay?" A familiar voice asked.

Octavia turned her head to find Vinyl standing there, wearing the same dress that she wore weeks before.

"V-Vinyl?!" Octavia stammered.

Vinyl chuckled, "Yep."

"W-what are you doing here?" Octavia asked, sounding surprised.

"I came here to see you and your ensemble perform, of course." Vinyl answered as she sat down next to Octavia.

"Oh... I am guessing you saw everything..." Octavia said before she resumed to the tears again.

"Yeah, but you guys did great anyway!" Vinyl said in an attempt to cheer her friend up.

Octavia smiled. "You're just saying that because you're my friend.”

Vinyl cringed a bit. "Well... I guess but... I am also saying that as your boss and as a DJ,"

Vinyl then forced Octavia to look at her.

"Although I may be a little biased, I do also know good music when I hear it. Although the music was not my taste, I could tell you and your ensemble spent time practicing and perfecting your music,"

Octavia blushed and looked away. Vinyl smiled and looked out towards the groups of ponies flooding out of the castle.

"Hey... I know what will make you feel better." Vinyl said, turning back to Octavia.

"What?" Octavia asked turning towards Vinyl.

The two ponies looked at each other in silence for a few minutes, before Vinyl sighed and lifted her hooves up. Vinyl then took off her glasses and slowly opened her eyes.

Octavia gasped.

Red.

Her eyes were as red as rubies.

"Their-"

"Red, yeah I know. It is really freaky so that's why I hide them. But I feel like I can trust you enough to show you." Vinyl finished. Vinyl then started putting her glasses back on but stopped when she felt Octavia touch her cheek.

"I... I was going to say they were stunning," Octavia said with a blush.

Vinyl blushed at the comment, but did not look away from Octavia.

The two ponies sat there looking at each other for a long time. Just admiring each other.

The two ponies started moving in slowly, nether realizing that the other pony was moving as well.

"Octavia." Vinyl said pausing her movement.

"Yeah?" Octavia asked, pausing her movement as well.

"I..." Vinyl said, trying to prepare herself to say the words she wanted to say, before finally giving up.

No more waiting.

Vinyl pushed forward and the two pony's lips touched.

And there they sat, at the top of Canterlot castle, kissing.

Their minds in bliss.

They were thinking the same things, how they were so unbelievably happy, savoring the moment, thinking about everything they did together, even if it was only a few weeks.

However, Octavia had that little thought in the back of her head, and it was becoming very apparent every second she kissed Vinyl.

Caramel.

They continued for a few minutes, before Octavia pulled away.

"Wait... Vinyl."

"Yeah?"

"I'm.... I'm..." Octavia gulped, "I'm married."

"Wh-what?" Vinyl stammered, not believing what she was hearing.

"I’m married." Octavia repeated.

Vinyl just stared at Octavia, her mouth agape and her eyes wide. After a few minutes of this, Vinyl got up and started walking away.

"Wait Vinyl!" Octavia called, chasing after Vinyl.

Vinyl turned back towards Octavia, with tears in her eyes and with a face of rage. Octavia flinched at the sight.

"Are you kidding me?" Vinyl started, her voice filled with anger.

"You fucking kiss me and then tell me you are married? Are you fucking crazy? What the fuck is wrong with you? I like you, a lot! I did so many things to try and get you to like me, and when you finally kiss me, you fucking tell me that you are married? After I showed you my eyes?! I am fucking done with you."

"I like you too Vinyl!" Octavia said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Are you sure? Or do you just want some fuck buddy to bring excitement into your boring marriage?" Vinyl asked, she turned again and started walking away.

"He is terrible Vinyl!"

Vinyl stopped, but didn't turn towards Octavia.

"He-he’s horrible! I used to love him, but then he left me for years, he left me alone. I wanted to move on! I told him that! But he begged me to give him another chance! I did but... Now he never leaves me alone! He sobs all the time, he’s always doing things for me. And if I tell him I just don't want to be married to him anymore, he acts like I am evil! I just want to be happy, but he never lets me. He made me the source of his joy but... I can't be that!" Octavia explained, tears streaming down her face all the while.

Vinyl finally turned towards Octavia, her face still showing her rage.

"Why should I believe you?"

Octavia then grabbed her phone, shaking all the while, making it hard to control.

Vinyl grabbed the phone in her magic, going straight to her contact list.

"His name is Caramel," Octavia explained, "Go to his texts and you will see."

Vinyl looked up at Octavia to glare at her before going through the texts.

As Vinyl went through them, her facial expression softened more and more. Once she had seen enough, she handed the phone back to Octavia.

"If you need more proof, you can ask my ensemble, or even Lyra and Bon Bon,"

Vinyl sighed, "Okay, you have proven Caramel is treating you badly, but so far all I think is that you just want to use me as a way of revenge,"

"No!" Octavia yelled in a sad tone.

"I like you Vinyl," Octavia said, touching Vinyl's hoof, "And I want to be with you, I want to try a relationship with you. I am trying to get a divorce with Caramel, it is just taking awhile because he is making things difficult. But I want to move on. And I want to try being with you,"

Vinyl and Octavia looked into each other's eyes for the second time that day, both had faces of sadness.

Although Vinyl was skeptical, she could see the pain and pleading in Octavia's eyes.

They do say eyes are the window to the soul.

"... Okay." Vinyl said with a smile.

Octavia returned the smile and hugged Vinyl.

The two stayed like that, for quite awhile, before Vinyl pushed Octavia off her and kissed her again.

Octavia smiled into the kiss.

She may finally be happy again after all these years.

Author's Note:

Well, that's the end! I hope you all en- nah just kidding. This is just the beginning. :pinkiecrazy:

This chapter is kind of random, mostly because of the fact that the episode did not give me much to work with. Yeah I actually watched the episode and tried to make it so the characters were in the right positions at the right times. :applejackconfused:

Also I would like to apologize if the romance seemed rushed at all, the main point of this story is the relationship between Vinyl, Octavia, and Caramel. So I wanted to get the romance starting before things would get.... worse. :ajsmug:

Also I know Vinyl's eyes are not actually red. I just like her red eyes more.

I would also like to ask if anyone thinks I should get a new picture for my story, maybe make a new one or ask someone to make it.

Thank you all for your support and your constructive criticism! :twilightsmile:

See you all next Monday!