• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 20

The Friendship Express rolled down the tracks, colored leafs flying past as the train shook them off their trees.

A gray earth pony sat next to a white unicorn on said train. The white unicorn had a face of worry while the earth pony seemed to be calm, she was reading a book.

"Are you sure they will be fine Tavi?" Vinyl asked, panicked, "I mean, my mom was pissed so they will probably be pissed but what if they hate me? What if they never let me see you again? What if-"

The DJ was shut up by Octavia's hoof as it was shoved into her mouth.

"Vinyl, they loath Caramel. I doubt they will be as bad as your mother,"

"You know who else loathed Caramel?" Vinyl asked once Octavia took her hoof out, "Fredric! And he still hates me!"

Octavia rolled her eyes with a sigh, "I thought you two forgave each other,"

"I did, but I know he still hates me," Vinyl growled.

Octavia rolled her eyes again, "Well stop panicking, it is unlike you,"

Vinyl grinned, "You're right, it's more like you,"

In response, Octavia whacked Vinyl on the back of the head, causing the DJ to let out a yelp of pain.

Vinyl rubbed the back of her head, smirking at the now glaring cellist.

After a moment, Octavia let out a sigh and she laid her head against Vinyl's chest.

"I am worried too Vinyl, they are my parents,"

Vinyl wrapped her hooves around the cellist and pulled her closer. She then gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, no matter what happens I'll be there- not in a creepy way,"

Octavia giggled and pecked Vinyl on the lips, "I know. Thank you,"

Octavia closed her eyes and drifted into sleep, meanwhile Vinyl watched the leafs fall.

I hope Caramel and Neon didn't make it there first...

~•~•~•~•~

"How do you not remember where they live?" Neon asked, annoyed.

The two stallions had train trouble on their way to Octavia's parents' house. Once they got to Canterlot however, they ran into another problem.

"I don't know!" Caramel exclaimed, "I just... Never go there! Octavia never lets me talk to them,"

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you want Octavia so much?" Neon asked.

Caramel sighed, "Because she is beautiful and smart, and we have so much history together,"

"Yeah but she doesn't like you," Neon pointed out.

Caramel started glaring at Neon, "And Vinyl doesn't like you,"

Neon shrugged, "Fair point,"

"So what about you, why are helping me?" Caramel asked.

"Well, I guess a part of me wants to be with Vinyl again, I mean, she is pretty hot and we act a lot alike…. And the sex is amazing,"

"Then why do you like to treat her badly?" Caramel questioned.

"I don't know, I guess it is just cute to see her get so mad," Neon replied.

"Huh," Caramel responded, "Well, let's continue looking,"

And with that, the two stallions continued looking for the parents.

~•~•~•~•~

"Why are we here?" Fredric asked as he got off the train, followed closely by his ensemble members.

"Well," Beauty Brass responded, "We are here to help Octavia! Caramel is probably already here so we need to make sure he doesn't get to Octavia's parents before her and Vinyl do,"

"Plus," Harpo added, "You wanted to interview Octavia's sister for the ensemble,"

Fredric sighed, "I understand the last one but Beauty, I don't understand why you want me to help, why not just get Lyra and Bon Bon?"

Beauty Brass put a hoof to Fredric's chest, "Because you owe Octavia AND Vinyl for how you acted last night,"

Fredric sighed again, "Fine, but I want you to know I am completely against this and I am only doing this for Octavia,"

"There they are!" Harpo exclaimed as he noticed the two stallions walking around Canterlot, looking lost.

Fredric snorted, "They are too stupid to even find where they live,"

"Perfect!" Beauty Brass cheered, "Now c'mon, let's go find a place to spy on them!"

And with that, the ensemble found a building and hid behind it while they watched the two stallions hunt.

~•~•~•~•~

"This... Is where.... Your parents live," Vinyl asked, stunned at what she was seeing.

Octavia blushed slightly, "Yes, I know it's pretty-"

"Big," Vinyl finished, "Like really fucking big,"

What the two ponies were staring at was a giant brown mansion, it was extremely beautiful. There was a large, long gate guarding the mansion. Behind the gate was an enormous garden, that even included a fountain in the middle.

"You... LIVE HERE?!" Vinyl yelled, causing Octavia to jump.

"I LIVED here when I was a filly," Octavia corrected.

"Tomato, Tomato. The fact is, YOU'RE RICH!" Vinyl exclaimed excitedly.

"Actually my parents are rich. I personally wanted to try living on my own, unlike my sister," Octavia explained.

"Well then your sister is smart," Vinyl replied, causing Octavia to glare at her.

Octavia sighed, "Let's get this over with,"

With that, Octavia walked up to the large gate and pressed a button. After a few seconds, a voice was heard coming from a speaker connected to the gate.

"Melody residence, who might this be?" An old sounding stallion with a British accent asked through the speaker.

"Hello Buffered, it's Octavia," Octavia replied into the speaker.

"Madam Octavia! I was not expecting you! Your family will be thrilled to see you," Buffered exclaimed before opening the gate doors.

Octavia let out a sigh of relief, "It seems we made it here before Caramel and Neon,"

Vinyl threw her hoof into the air, "Aw yeah! Score for the good guys!"

Octavia rolled her eyes with a chuckle before she started trotting into the mansion, Vinyl following close behind.

A gray stallion with a slightly darker gray mane, and tail stood at the front of the mansion, holding the door. Said stallion was also wearing a black suit with a red bow tie.

"Greetings Madam Octavia, shall I alerted your parents of your presence," Buffered greeted.

Octavia smiled, "Yes Buffered. My... Friend, and I will wait in the living room for them,"

Buffered nodded before holding the door for the two mares to enter the mansion. Vinyl gave Octavia a confused look about why she had been referred to as 'friend'. In response, Octavia just mouthed 'wait'.

The two mares sat down on the couch in the giant living room, Vinyl shocked by the place. Meanwhile, Buffered went another way to go and get Octavia's parents.

"Sorry I called you my friend Vinyl, I just wanted to tell everypony about our relationship at the same time," Octavia apologized. After a few moments, when she didn't get a response, Octavia turned to face the DJ.

"Vinyl?"

The unicorn was staring with wide eyes and a shocked expression at everything in the room.

"It's so big,"

"Yes it is Vinyl,"

"Like, really big,"

"I know Vinyl,"

"Like, bigger than my whole apartment,"

"I get it Vinyl,"

"Just... So big,"

"You have already said that Vinyl,"

"So... Big",

"VINYL!" Octavia yelled, causing Vinyl to jump.

Vinyl looked over at Octavia, before looking back at the living room. After a moment of silence, Vinyl spoke.

"Hey, if we got married, do you think I would get half this mansion?"

Vinyl's answer came in the form of a very hard slap to the head.

"OW!" Vinyl cried in pain.

"Are you done?" Octavia asked, annoyed.

Vinyl pondered for a moment, before a grin broke out onto her face, "Yes,"

"Good, because I really don't need to deal with your antics right now Vinyl," Octavia said, firmly.

"Awwww, but my antics are fun!" Vinyl pouted with a smile, causing Octavia to glare at her.

"I'm just kidding," Vinyl chuckled, "You know I only tease you because I wub you, right?" Vinyl asked, nuzzling Octavia's cheek with her muzzle.

Octavia let out a sigh of annoyance, causing Vinyl to laugh.

"Octavia!" A yellow mare with a light gray mane and tail greeted, excitedly, "How are you!?"

Octavia smiled and got up from her seat to hug the mare, "Hello mother,"

"Nice to see you, Octavia," A yellow mare with a purple mane and tail, who was also wearing a purple bow greeted.

"Hello Symphony," Octavia greeted, hugging her sister as well.

"Oh! Who's this?" Octavia's mother asked as she saw the white unicorn sitting on the couch.

"The name's Vinyl Scratch! Nice to meet you, Miss.... Octy's mom," Vinyl greeted. Octavia facehooved at Vinyl's hello while her mother just giggled.

"Oh! You seem like a fun mare," Octavia's mother commented with a smile.

"Yep!" Vinyl exclaimed putting a hoof to her chest, "That's me! The life of the party!"

"Oh Celestia," Octavia whispered to herself. Octavia then looked around and noticed somepony was missing.

"Symphony, where is father?" Octavia asked.

"He's out of town at the moment. He will probably be back for dinner, though," Symphony explained.

Octavia then started thinking,

Father is probably going to be the one that is harder to get on board. So I may as well tell these two first.

"Mother, Symphony, I have something I must tell you," Octavia announced, causing everypony to look at her.

Octavia then walked up next to Vinyl. As Vinyl realized what was happening, she quickly put her hoof around the cellist as a sign of support. Octavia smiled at her marefriend before turning to her family with a determined expression.

"Mother, Symphony, this is Vinyl Scratch, my marefriend,"

~•~•~•~•~

"We have been walking in circles, can't you just call them or something?" Neon asked, slightly annoyed.

Caramel sighed angrily, "I told you I can't! They would never answer me!"

"You could at least try!" Neon argued.

"This is boring," Harpo commented from an ice cream shop, close to the two stallions.

"I know I know, but this is for Octavia!" Beauty Brass reminded.

"This is stupid, we should be interviewing Symphony right now!" Fredric exclaimed.

"Not yet!" Beauty Brass hissed.

"Nothing is happening Beauty," Harpo commented.

"We just have to be pa- OH SWEET CELESTIA!" Beauty Brass yelled causing the other ensemble members to look in the direction of the stallions.

What they found was the two stallions talking to a purple stallion with a dark gray mane, tail, and mustache. Whatever they said to the stallion, caused his face to become one of disgust and anger. Then, the three stallions ran off in the same direction.

The ensemble members sat there for a few minutes in silence before one of them spoke up.

"I think we should go see Symphony now," Beauty Brass said, breaking the silence.

~•~•~•~•~

Nopony had moved or even said anything since what Octavia had announced. If a needle was dropped, anypony could hear it. Octavia's mother and Symphony both shared a look of no emotion like they could not comprehend this new information. Meanwhile, Octavia and Vinyl shared a look of determination, though as the minutes ticked by their faces slowly fell.

"What?" Octavia's mother asked, finally breaking the silence.

Octavia gulped. "T-this is my marefriend, Vinyl Scratch," Octavia repeated, this time with much less confidence.

Octavia's mother looked as though she was about to speak again, but Vinyl beat her to it.

"Listen, before you say anything bad about this. I just want you to know that we both know what we are doing is wrong in so many ways, but the fact it that Caramel will not let Octavia be happy, so is it really her fault if she tries to?" Vinyl explained, "I also want you to know I like Octavia... Like a lot, like more than I ever thought I would like somepony, and I like her enough that I know to let her leave if she wants to,"

Everypony in the room, except for Vinyl, now had wide-eyed expressions.

The room then went back into silence. But this silence was not as long.

"Does Caramel know?" Symphony asked.

Octavia cringed slightly, "No... But he does believe she is dating me. He has already set out on ruining her life even though he has no proof of us dating. This wouldn't be the first time either, he did something terrible to one of my friends because he thought I was cheating on him with her,"

Symphony sighed, "Listen, I need a moment to process this. Come up to my room in ten minutes Octavia," she then turned to Vinyl, "alone,"

With that, Symphony left the room. Leaving just the mother's reaction.

After a few more moments of silence, Octavia's mother sighed.

"Octavia, sweetie, I love you, and I want you to be happy. But is this really the answer? You know how Caramel can be, this could just make him worse," Octavia's mother explained, "I... I am going to go into the kitchen,"

And with that, Octavia's mother left the room, leaving the two mares alone.

"Tavi?" Vinyl asked after a few minutes of silence. When she got no reponse, Vinyl turned her head to find Octavia galloping out of the mansion.

Vinyl quickly chased after the mare.

~•~•~•~•~

Octavia's mother was cleaning dishes, going fast as she thought.

She's having an affair? What is she thinking? Caramel is unpredictable, he could kill them!

"Lady Melody, are you alright?" Buffered asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Octavia's mother replied.

"Because you just broke one of the plates," Buffered said, pointing at where she had been placing the clean plates. What she found was that a few of the plates had been put down so hard that they broke.

Octavia's mother sighed before looking at Buffered, "Buffered, Octavia is having an affair with that white mare,"

"I know," Buffered responded.

Octavia's mother eyes went wide, "What? How?!"

"Well, before you came downstairs I went back to the living room where I found the two of them... Flirting in a way. I could tell by the way the two spoke to one another that they felt something between the two," Buffered explained.

"And, you think this is okay?" Octavia's mother asked.

Buffered shrugged, "It does not matter what I think, all that matters is what you think. Look out the window, I saw Madam Octavia crying out in the garden, no doubt her unicorn friend will join her there shortly,"

Octavia's mother nodded before she went to the window to watch what would happen.

~•~•~•~•~

"Hey Octy, you alright," Vinyl asked as she finally found Octavia crying in the gardens.

"Oh Vinyl, if my mother and sister can't even accept this, then I doubt my father will. My father will probably be worse than they are," Octavia replied, her face buried in her hooves, "We should have never come here,"

Vinyl sat down next to Octavia, she then forced the cellist to lay her head down on Vinyl. The DJ then started running her hoof through Octavia's mane in an attempt to comfort the cellist.

"Don't say that Octy. It is probably better we told them then Caramel. I mean, you saw how my mother was, she was pissed! They are just shocked and worried for you," Vinyl explained.

Octavia didn't look at Vinyl, she only wept.

Vinyl sighed, "Octavia... Do you want to break up?"

Octavia's head snapped to Vinyl as soon as she heard her whole name used.

"No Vinyl, why would you think that?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl sighed, "Well... It just seems like our relationship is causing more problems then fixing them,"

"Vinyl," Octavia said, touching the DJ's cheek, "I don't care, everypony says love is worth fighting for. And you make me feel that, love. I care about so much Vinyl,"

With that, Octavia kissed Vinyl.

Octavia's mother watched from the window, a small smile on her face and tears forming in her eyes.

"She isn't thinking. She is feeling," Octavia's mother said to herself in realization, "She is listening to what her heart is telling her,"

Once the kiss broke, Octavia continued,

"You are so amazing Vinyl, and I don't want to lose you,"

Vinyl smiled, tears now forming in her eyes, "Aw shucks Tavi, now you got me crying,"

Octavia giggled before kissing Vinyl again.

"I think I understand now," Octavia's mother said, causing the two mares to jump and stop kissing, "You want to be happy, that's it,"

Octavia's mother sighed before sitting next to the mares, "I am willing to agree to this relationship. I am willing to even celebrate the relationship. I am happy for you both. But I want you to know that you need to be careful, keep your friends and family close at all times,"

Octavia and Vinyl nodded. Octavia had tears in her eyes but a smile on her face. She then moved forward and hugged her mother.

"I love you, mother,"

"I love you too sweetie,"

"Alright sweet!" Vinyl exclaimed, "One out! Two more to go,"

Octavia's mother chuckled while Octavia just shook her head with a smile.

"Speaking of which," Octavia's mother started, "I think your sister is waiting for you, Octavia,"

"Oh right!" Octavia said before getting up and galloping towards her sister's room.

Vinyl and Octavia's mother looked at one another. After a moment, Octavia's mother smiled an evil smile while Vinyl gulped.

"Well, now that you are dating my daughter, there are a few RULES I need to tell you about," Octavia's mother said, with an evil glint in her eyes.

"Celestia save me," Vinyl whispered fearfully.

~•~•~•~•~

"Hello Symphony," Octavia greeted as she entered her sister's room, "Are you ready to talk now,"

Symphony sighed, "Yes,"

Octavia closed the door to the room. Her sister was sitting on her bed, looking out the window at the night. Octavia walked over and sat down next to her sister.

The two sat there in silence. As the seconds ticked by, Octavia became more and more concerned.

"So, Vinyl Scratch. She is also DJ PON3 right?" Symphony asked after a long period of silence.

Octavia's wide went wide, "Yes, how do you know that? You don't seem like the type who would know about that genre of music,"

Symphony chuckled, "I've been around,"

There was another period of silence.

"Do... Do you like Vinyl?" Octavia asked.

"Well, I don't know her that well and I have never really listened to much of her music," Symphony replied.

"What do you think... About the affair?" Octavia asked, getting bolder.

"Honestly, my biggest problem is that you are attracted to Vinyl because you are just so tired of Caramel," Symphony explained.

"Fredric thought the same thing. He also thinks that Vinyl is going to break my heart,"

"Hm, I can see why. I am willing to support you, Octavia, as long as you are smart about this. I would also like to know more about this Vinyl first," Symphony explained.

Octavia's head snapped towards her sister, "So, you are going to support Vinyl and I's relationship,"

Symphony held up a hoof, "I am willing to, but I want to know more about this Vinyl first,"

Octavia smiled, tears forming in her eyes. She hugged her sister and Symphony hugged her back.

"Thank you Symphony," Octavia thanked as she hugged her sister.

"Of course Octavia, you are my sister and I will always try to support you," Symphony replied.

Then, all of a sudden, the two sisters heard the door open with such force it made a loud bang noise. They then heard what sounded like yelling.

Octavia and Symphony looked at one another before quickly galloping downstairs to where the front door was.

~•~•~•~•~

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" The purple stallion with a dark gray mane, tail, and mustache yelled.

"Calm down dear! I have no idea what you are talking about!" Octavia's mother exclaimed.

"HER!" The stallion yelled, pointing a hoof a Vinyl who was standing next to Octavia's mother.

Vinyl, however, was too busy glaring to notice the stallion yelling about her.

"You," Vinyl growled.

"Sup Vi. I didn't know I would get to see you so soon," Neon replied with a grin.

"Where is Octavia?" Caramel demanded.

"F-father?!" Octavia stammered as she and Symphony made it downstairs.

"YOU ARE IN HUGE TROUBLE OCTAVIA MELODY!" Octavia's father announced.

"Well, I am guessing we didn't get here fast enough," Harpo commented.

"Harpo?" Symphony asked, tilting her head.

"WE TRIED TO STOP THEM! BUT IT FAILED," Beauty Brass explained as she walked up next to Harpo.

"We never tried to stop them. We spent the whole day spying on them," Fredric corrected.

"What are you three doing here?!" Octavia hissed.

"We just told you," Harpo replied.

"Could somepony please explain what is going on?!" Octavia's mother exclaimed.

"With pleasure," Octavia's father said, anger in his voice.

Octavia gulped.

It seems I am in for one hell of a night...

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I don't have much to say about this chapter and I am kind of in a rush so I will just say this,

Thank you all so much for you support! It really does mean the world to me! :pinkiesad2::pinkiehappy:

Yeah I know, I say that every chapter but I really do mean it.

See you all next Monday! :twilightsmile: