• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 14

"So... Are we dating now?"

Octavia looked over at the pony who had just spoke. Said pony was blushing slightly and trying not to make eye contact with Octavia. The two of them were currently in the elevator going up to their office.

Octavia smiled before moving over and pecking Vinyl on the cheek.

"I would hope so. But it means that you will have to be okay with me also being married," Octavia answered.

Vinyl looked over at Octavia, "Well, what you said about the divorce was true so I don't see a reason why it would bother me,"

Octavia smiled and nuzzled Vinyl, "Good,"

Vinyl then started grinning, "But will you be able to handle my awesomeness?"

Octavia stopped nuzzling Vinyl and looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "If by your awesomeness you mean the fact you act like an annoying foal then yes I can,"

Vinyl smiled and the two continued the elevator ride in silence.

"We will probably have to keep this relationship a secret from our co-workers," Octavia said, breaking the silence.

"Aw c'mon. I was looking forward to telling everypony I got myself a hot Marefriend,"

Octavia lightly whacked Vinyl on the head. In response, the unicorn just grinned and rubbed the spot where she was hit.

After a few more moment a silence, Vinyl asked,

"Well, if we can't be in a relationship during work, then can I get one more kiss before we go our separate ways?"

Octavia rolled her eyes with a smile before leaning in and kissing Vinyl.

The two only kissed for a few minutes before breaking. But once they broke the kiss, they realized that the elevator door had opened and two of their closest friends were standing there.

Vinyl and Octavia both jumped off each other. They both shared a blush on their face, but Octavia's was larger.

Bon Bon and Lyra both had wide eyes. Bon Bon's mouth was also agape.

"I need coffee. Bonnie get me my coffee," Lyra commanded, not taking her eyes off the couple in the elevator.

"Wh-what?" Bon Bon stammered.

"Coffee, please,"

"But Lyra-"

"Coffee!"

Bon Bon let out a yelp as Lyra pushed Bon Bon into the kitchen with her magic. Once Bon Bon was gone, Lyra turned to the couple with a smug grin.

"It's about damn time,"

At those words left Lyra’s mouth, Vinyl smiled a sheepish smile, and Octavia just stared at Lyra in both embarrassment and confusion.

"Well the two of you have a lot of explaining to do, and I guess me and Bonnie do too," Lyra said before she started walking to the kitchen.

"C'mon, let's all have some coffee and talk," Lyra invited.

Vinyl followed after Lyra. Octavia followed as well but with a lot of hesitation.

~•~•~•~•~

Oh my Celestia, everything went as planned! Oh my gosh, this is amazing!

Bon Bon was making Lyra her coffee, freaking out all the while about the new discovery she had just learned.

"Bonnie," Lyra called trying to get the mare's attention. It failed as the pony was too deep in thought.

Lyra then poked Bon Bon on the side, causing her to jump. When she jumped, she almost dropped the coffee but Lyra grabbed it in her magic just in time.

"Oh! Lyra!" Bon Bon exclaimed.

"Yeah, hi. You ready to talk to the newlywed?" Lyra asked.

"WE'RE NOT MARRIED!" Octavia exclaimed with a blush.

"Oh yeah sorry. The soon to be wed," Lyra corrected.

Octavia let out an annoyed sigh while Vinyl just snickered.

"Wait! Before we do this I need to make a phone call!" Bon Bon said before grabbing her phone and leaving the room.

A few minutes later Bon Bon came back into the kitchen.

"Okay, we will be able to start in a minute!"

Vinyl's eyes all of a sudden went wide before she said, "Why do I have a sudden sense of doom?"

Her question was answered by what sounded like hooves galloping towards the kitchen. The pony then stopped right in front of the kitchen, almost sliding away when she did. The pony then burst into the room.

"BEAUTY?!" Octavia yelled.

"IT HAPPENED! OUR PLAN WORKED! WHOO HOO!" Beauty Brass exclaimed before sitting down at the table next to the group of ponies.

"VINYL! DID YOU DO THE STUFF IN THE VIDEO?!" Beauty Brass asked.

"No, we didn't really get the chance to dance," Vinyl answered.

Beauty Brass shook her head, "NO! I MEAN THE OTHER VIDEO!"

"The other-" Vinyl said to herself before blushing, "NO!"

"WHAT IN EQUESTRIA ARE YOU TWO TALKING ABOUT?!" Octavia yelled, finally tired of hearing all of this.

"Okay, let's start from the beginning," Lyra suggested, "It all started on Octavia's first day,"

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

"Are you alright Miss Scratch?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just don't do any of that 'Miss' bullshit," Vinyl said getting up from behind her desk after being knocked down by Lyra hitting her with a magazine.

"Oh alright then Vinyl,"

When Vinyl got up she saw the new cellist, and her mind broke.

Holy shit she is hot as fuck.

"So, you're the new cellist? Hm, a lot hotter than I thought you would be,"

"EXCUSE ME?!"

Wow, this mare gets mad pretty quick. Heh, I gotta admit it, though, she is pretty cute when mad.

"Yep, ya got a nice flank too. So your first job is ready, just follow me to the recording room,"

"Alright then, lead the way Vinyl,"

As Octavia moved out of the way, Vinyl noticed her flank.

Wow, it is actually a pretty nice flank... I was kidding before but now... Damn.

"MISS SCRATCH!"

Shit.

"Oh- wha? Sorry, I was thinking. And I told you to stop with that 'Miss' bull,"

Vinyl then walked out of the room, Octavia following close behind.

This new mare is cute... She also has a pretty hot accent. But, this isn't a real crush, right?

The two of them then went into the recording room.

"Alright, so just set up your cello over there, Lyra will be here shortly to explain the rest," Vinyl explained. Octavia nodded in response.

I never got her name...

"Hey, I just realized I never got your name,"

"My name is Octavia Melody,"

That... That is actually a pretty hot name... Holy shit why is everything about this mare either cute or hot?!

"Alright. We'll see you around, Octy!"

Octy... Maybe I could call her Tavi too.

As Vinyl walked back to her office, she stopped.

I haven't been attracted to a pony like this since... Him. Does this mean what I think it does?

Vinyl shook her head.

Maybe I should go talk about this with Lyra.

With that thought in mind, Vinyl turned back around and went towards the viewing area.

When she got there, she found Lyra concentrating on recording Octavia's music. Vinyl looked out of the window and saw Octavia playing.

She... She looks really pretty like that...

"Vinyl? What are you doing here?" Lyra asked.

"Lyra... I need to talk to you about something," Vinyl answered.

"Alright, what is it?"

Vinyl sighed, "I think I may be attracted to Octavia,"

"Really?" Lyra asked in shock.

"Yeah... She is just... So damn hot and cute and pretty and- UGGGG!" Vinyl exclaimed in frustration.

"Huh, you sound like me in high school," Lyra commented with a grin.

"Yeah, what do I do?" Vinyl asked.

"Well... I can help you,"

~•~•~•~•~

"Wait, Vinyl liked me for that long?" Octavia asked, a little surprised by this new information.

Lyra nodded with a grin, "Yep,"

Vinyl was just sitting there blushing, completely embarrassed at how her friend was telling her new marefriend about how much she actually cared for her.

"Wow! Love at first sight! That means your relationship was destiny!" Beauty Brass said, her voice full of joy.

"Why did you invite her?" Vinyl asked, looking over at Bon Bon and pointing a hoof at Beauty.

"Hey! I helped you!" Beauty Brass argued.

"Don't remind me," Vinyl mumbled.

"Well, I find it quite cute how much Vinyl cares about you, Octavia," Bon Bon said, earning a glare from Vinyl.

Octavia blushed slightly and moved her hoof from under the table to hold Vinyl's.

"Now, although it is fun to see Vinyl so flushed," Beauty Brass started, Octavia, Bon Bon, and Lyra nodding in agreement, "It wouldn't be fair if we didn't give Octavia the same treatment,"

Octavia's eyes went wide and a blush started forming on her face, "W-what?"

"Aw yeah!" Lyra yelled.

"I'll get the popcorn!" Vinyl yelled, getting up from her seat.

Beauty Brass and Bon Bon both smiled, sharing a gleam of mischief in their eyes.

~•~•~•~•~

As the day came to an end, everypony started getting ready to leave.

Beauty Brass had left after her and Bon Bon told the story of how Octavia found out about her feelings for Vinyl. This caused Octavia to attempt to cover her face the whole time and for Lyra and Vinyl to get a ton of enjoyment out of Octavia's misery.

"Well, I think today was a pretty good day," Vinyl said as her and Octavia started walking out of their office.

"Of course, you would say that, we didn't do any actual work today," Octavia commented.

"Well yeah, but also I got to learn embarrassing things about you," Vinyl argued with a grin.

Octavia glared at Vinyl before she started grinning as well, "And so did I. I wonder how much you learned from those videos,"

"Well... I learned how to put on horn condoms,"

Octavia's eyes went wide and her mouth fell open. A blush also formed on her face. Vinyl laughed at the reaction.

"I'M KIDDING!"

Octavia closed her mouth and glared at Vinyl.

"I already knew before then,"

"VINYL!" Octavia yelled angrily, and Vinyl started laughing again.

The two would have continued their banter if they didn't hear a car honk.

The two ponies look in the direction of where the sound came from. What they found made Octavia's blood turn cold.

There in the car was Caramel.

"Hello, honey!" Caramel called from the car.

"Oh no," Octavia whispered under her breath.

Octavia then felt somepony put their arm around her. She looked up to find Vinyl looking at her with a reassuring smile.

Octavia smiled back and the two of them walked towards the car.

"Who's this?" Caramel asked in an almost venomous tone.

"This is my friend who I am not in a relationship with so there is no need to kiss her like you did with Bon Bon," Octavia answered back in almost the same tone.

Vinyl turned to look at her with wide eyes.

He did what with Bon Bon?!

"Are you still on about that? It was so long ago,"

"I would if you didn't give Lyra a black eye only a few days later,"

"You said you would forgive me if I didn't speak to them again without you around,"

"I did, but that doesn't mean I completely forgot about it,"

"Okay, I get it!" Caramel said in defeat, "I just wanted to pick you up like a good husband and I wanted to speak with your boss,"

"My boss?" Octavia asked, confused at such a request.

"Yeah, do you know where she is?"

"She's right here," Vinyl said, finally speaking up.

Caramel turned towards the unicorn, "Oh! Hello, my name is Caramel. I am Octavia's HUSBAND and I wanted to invite you to dinner,"

Octavia's eyes went wide, but before she could say anything, she heard Vinyl reply,

"Alright,"

"Great! Now hop in,"

"Wha- what?!" Octavia exclaimed.

Vinyl then shoved Octavia into the car and followed after her.

The car took off, with Octavia still being stunned at the events that had just happened.

Octavia then finally shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts.

She knew that if she tried to talk to Vinyl in front of Caramel, he would overhear. So she got an idea. Octavia took out her phone and went to Vinyl's contact.

'What in Equestria are you doing?!' Octavia texted.

After a few seconds, Vinyl heard her phone go off. She looked at her phone then looked over at Octavia with a confused look before texting her back.

'Going to dinner at your house'

'I know but why did you have to agree?!'

'Well, 1. I would like to know more about Caramel and 2. If this guy kissed Bonnie and punched Lyra then I REALLY want to know more about him'

'Vinyl that is the same reason'

Vinyl then looked over at Octavia with glare and Octavia just looked over at her with a grin.

"What are you two doing on your phones?" Caramel asked.

Vinyl and Octavia both looked over at Caramel. Vinyl then quickly went back to her phone while Octavia answered.

"Oh! We are just talking to each other in a work chat,"

"Oh really? Well you two seem to be having a lot of fun for it to be a work chat,"

"Well, we do have a little bit of banter here and there but it is mostly serious," Octavia explained.

Octavia then felt her phone get a text, she looked down to find that Vinyl had texted her again.

'Is he like, watching us?'

'Yes, that's why I am texting you instead of actually speaking'

"Yo Caramel, what's this about you kissing Bonnie and punching Lyra?" Vinyl asked, clearing the silence.

Octavia looked over at Vinyl with wide eyes and hissed,

"Vinyl!"

"Who's Bonnie?" Caramel asked.

"Oh! That's just what I call Bon Bon. Sorry I am just so used to calling her that,"

"Oh! So you give ponies nicknames?"

Vinyl smiled, completely oblivious to how Caramel had changed the subject, "Yeah! But their names gotta be long enough,"

"What do you call Octavia?"

"Vinyl! Don't!" Octavia hissed but once again Vinyl ignored her.

"I sometimes call her Tavi and sometimes call her Octy,"

"Tavi? Octy? Those are adorable!" Caramel exclaimed, "I should start calling Octavia that,"

"I really don't think that is necessary," Octavia commented but was still completely ignored.

"Nah, sorry Caramel but I'm the only one who can call her Tavi and Octy," Vinyl said, ruffling Octavia's mane.

Well, this is it, Octavia thought to herself, I am going to witness Vinyl's murder.

Then, a phone ring tone went off. Vinyl took out her phone and answered it.

"Yo! Bonnie! What's up?" Vinyl said into the phone.

"Oh, Bon Bon is on the phone? Hello, Bon Bon!" Caramel yelled.

"Is that Caramel?" Bon Bon asked in an almost fearful tone from the other end of the phone.

"Yep," Octavia said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh... Uh, I gotta call you back Vin-"

"CARAMEL IS THERE?!" A voice yelled from the other end of the phone.

"Lyra, no. Lyra. Lyra, LYRA!" Bon Bon yelled before the phone hung up.

"Well, they seem to remember you fondly, Caramel," Octavia commented.

Caramel growled, "Whatever. We're here by the way,"

And with that, the ponies went up to Octavia's apartment.

~•~•~•~•~

"Alright well, Octavia will start dinner. In the meantime I can get to know you better PON3," Caramel said as the three of them entered the apartment.

Before Octavia could protest, Vinyl had already agreed.

"Awesome! Tavi's great at cooking!"

At hearing these words, Octavia started celebrating inside her head.

She likes my cooking!

Well, she doesn't own any food so that's not saying much.

But who cares! She enjoys my cooking!

You sound like a little school filly.

But Octavia's celebration was cut short as she heard Caramel respond to what Vinyl had said.

"She's cooked for you before?" Caramel asked.

Oh no...

"Well yeah, when I was sick," Vinyl answered.

Wait what? I never did that... What is Vinyl doing?

"Oh! Well, that's nice of her," Caramel commented, sounding somewhat surprised and a little defeated.

He was planning on her saying something else...

"Hey! I have an idea! Let's play truth or dare!" Vinyl suggested.

WHAT?!

"What?!" Octavia said in an outburst.

"Great idea! I'll get that setup!" Caramel said, getting up from his seat.

Once Caramel had left the room, Octavia whispered to Vinyl,

"What are you doing? And I never cooked for you when you were sick,"

"Something tells me that Caramel does not want to hear that you were ever at my house," Vinyl explained, "And also, I want to know more about Caramel so what's the harm in playing truth or dare?"

"A LOT OF HARM," Octavia hissed.

"I'm back!" Caramel called, walking into the room holding a bottle.

When Octavia noticed the bottle, a blush grew on her face and she walked into the kitchen to start dinner. However, when Vinyl saw it, she just gave Caramel a confused look.

"What's with the bottle?"

"I thought we should spin it to see who has to say truth or dare. Kinda of like spin the bottle," Caramel explained, "This bottle is the same bottle that caused me to kiss Octavia for the first time years ago when playing spin the bottle,"

Caramel and Vinyl then took a glance over at Octavia. She was completely ignoring them and cooking.

"Uh... Alright! Let's play!" Vinyl announced and the two ponies seated themselves at the table.

"Okay, so if the top of the bottle ends on somepony, then that pony is the one who is asked truth or dare," Caramel explained. And with that, they spun the bottle.

"Alright Miss Scratch, truth or dare," Caramel asked in an almost evil tone.

"Truth!" Vinyl answered, "And don't call me miss,"

"Ask her why she hates being called miss," Octavia called from the kitchen.

"Nah I got a better idea. Vinyl, do you like mares or stallions?" Caramel asked.

Octavia stiffened at this question, but Vinyl responded to it very nonchalantly.

"Both,"

Caramel's brows furrowed. He took a quick glance over to Octavia, just fast enough to see Octavia's eyes snap back to her cooking as if she was looking at him.

"Truth or dare Caramel," Vinyl said, in the same nonchalant tone.

"Truth,"

"Did you kiss Bon Bon and punch Lyra," Vinyl asked in the same tone Caramel used only a few minutes prior.

Caramel opened his mouth but Vinyl cut him off.

"And don't try lying. I know Octy knows the answer,"

Caramel glared at Vinyl, "Yes. To both,"

"Why?" Vinyl asked as quick as he answered.

"No no, you already asked a question," Caramel said, regaining his evil tone.

Vinyl and Caramel glared at each other.

This is going to be a nightmare.... Octavia thought to herself.

~•~•~•~•~

"Dinner's ready!" Octavia announced as she placed the food onto the table.

Vinyl and Caramel's truth or dare game ended as quickly as it started. Octavia demanded the two stopped asking such personal questions so it ended in one giant dare game.

The two kept trying to embarrass each other, causing Octavia to have to stop every few minutes to stop them.

It then changed to Octavia having the two of them watch a movie. And thankfully it didn't end as badly as the truth or dare game.

"I can't believe you!" Caramel yelled.

As badly.

"Star Trek is way better than Star Wars!"

"No way! Star Wars is awesome!" Vinyl argued.

"Will you two stop. You two fought so long about what movie to watch that you didn't even watch anything!" Octavia yelled.

At this, the two of them snapped their muzzles shut but they continued to glare at one another.

Octavia sighed in annoyance before sitting down and starting to eat her dinner.

Caramel and Vinyl started as well, but Vinyl ended quicker than the rest of them. The moment she had tasted the food, it had been devoured in minutes.

"Is there any more?" Vinyl asked with the excitement of a foal.

Octavia sighed, "Honestly Vinyl, at this rate you are going to weigh a ton,"

"Nah, my trainer wouldn't let that happen," Vinyl said as she started eating her seconds.

"You have a trainer?" Caramel asked.

"Yeah," Vinyl said with a mouth full of food.

"Vinyl, don't eat with your mouth full," Octavia scolded.

Vinyl swallowed her food before speaking.

"Sorry," She said with a sheepish smile.

Octavia rolled her eyes with a small smile before continuing to eat.

Caramel noticed this and glared at Octavia and Vinyl. Neither one noticed as they were too busy eating.

Caramel's glare quickly vanished, however, and it was changed to a smirk.

"Octavia you would be a great mom,"

Octavia almost choked on her food but spit it out. Vinyl just stared at Caramel with wide eyes.

"Caramel," Octavia said in a venomous tone, looking down at her food, "We already talked about this. If we are going to speak about this again then I do not want to in front of Vinyl,"

"Alright sheesh! Just saying," Caramel apologized, wearing a grin all the while.

Caramel detected his grin towards Vinyl, who scowled at him in return.

Vinyl then looked over at Octavia who seem to be in not a very good mood after what Caramel had just said. So Vinyl moved one of her hooves and held Octavia's hoof.

Octavia's eyes flashed up at Vinyl after feeling this but was only met with Vinyl eating her food. Octavia smiled to herself and continued eating.

Caramel noticed this as well and realized something was going on. He looked under the table and was shocked at what he found.

"YOU TWO ARE HOLDING HOOVES!" Caramel yelled his voice full of rage. He got up from the table, trembling in rage.

"Caramel!" Octavia yelled, getting up from her seat as well, "Vinyl was just trying to comfort me!"

Caramel opened his mouth to yell but was stopped by Vinyl.

"We're just friends ya dingus,"

Caramel glared at Vinyl but started calming down. Once he was calm enough, he sat back down.

"I'm sorry," Caramel apologized in a quiet voice.

Octavia sighed in frustration, "Whatever. I am going to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back,"

Octavia then walked to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, she was washing her hooves when she heard a door slam. Octavia quickly bolted out of the bathroom to find Caramel sitting at the table eating and Vinyl gone.

"Caramel," Octavia said in a mad tone, "What did you do?"

"Nothing! She just had to go!" Caramel answered in an innocent way.

Octavia raised her eyebrow, "Without saying goodbye?"

Caramel cringed, "Yeah... Well-"

"I'll be right back,"

And with that, Octavia left the apartment after Vinyl.

Once Octavia was outside the apartment, she looked around. She spotted Vinyl speed walking towards her home.

Octavia galloped towards her, once she finally caught up, she spoke.

"Vinyl! What happened?"

Vinyl stopped and slowly turned towards Octavia. She had some tear marks on her cheeks.

"Vinyl..." Octavia said in a soft tone before hugging her.

Vinyl cried into Octavia's shoulder for a few minutes before moving off her.

"I'm sorry. Caramel just brought up some... Personal things," Vinyl paused, "about an old friend that I don't like to think about,"

"I'm so sorry Vinyl,"

Vinyl barked out a laugh, "Not your fault my life was kinda shitty before. At least it's better now,"

Octavia smiled before leaning in and kissing Vinyl.

"Well, I need to go back. I don't want Caramel to come out here searching for me. I'll see you tomorrow," Octavia said once they broke the kiss.

"Alright, see ya later Tavi," Vinyl said, before giving Octavia one more kiss and leaving.

While Octavia was walking back. She made a promise to herself.

Once I am back up there with Caramel, I am going to have one long conversation with him.

~•~•~•~•~

"You know it's kind of amazing how two ponies as different as Vinyl and Octavia can be together," Bon Bon said.

She and Lyra were laying together in bed. Lyra was reading a book about anthropology while Bon Bon was just cuddling next to her.

"Yeah," Lyra agreed, "But they do have one thing in common,"

"Hm? What's that?"

"They both have had some pretty shitty relationships,"

Author's Note:

Whoo hoo! Long chapter!

The last part with Lyra and Bon Bon is supposed to have foreshadowing but it kinda just became fluff.

Thank you all again for your support! You all seemed to really like the last chapter! (Probably because kissing is magic)

Also.... Vinyl and Caramel meet for the first time! Yay!

The next chapter will be a bit more fluff... You will soon learn why :trollestia:

Well, Thank you all again! See you next Monday! :twilightsmile: