• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,861 Views, 746 Comments

Refound Love - GamerTag



When you have given up on love, do you believe there is still a chance? If there is, would you take it or give up on happiness all together?

  • ...
10
 746
 1,861

Chapter 21

"Okay, listen. We are going to have a family meeting," Octavia's father announced, "Everypony who is not in my family, go to the living room,"

Octavia, Symphony, and their parents started walking away towards the dinning area but stopped when Caramel caught up to them.

"I said go to the living room," Octavia's father growled.

"But I am in the family!" Caramel argued, "I'm married to Octavia!"

"Not for much longer," Symphony mumbled.

"I want to just speak with my wife and kids, so would you kindly go with the others," Octavia's father said, his voice rising slightly.

Caramel mumbled something before walking back to the other group of ponies.

The family continued walking for only a few seconds before they were stopped again.

"PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO WITH THEM," Beauty Brass begged, sounding like she was desperate.

"I AM AFRAID TO WITNESS VINYL AND NEON TOGETHER,"

Octavia's father opened his mouth to scold the mare, but Octavia had beat him to it.

"Beauty, you are the only one I trust to keep an eye on Vinyl and to make sure she doesn't do something she will regret. So please stay with the group, for me?"

Beauty Brass sighed before smiling a sad smile.

"Only for you, Octavia."

With that, Octavia hugged Beauty before the mare left.

And so, the groups went their separate ways.

~•~•~•~•~

"Mr. Melody would like you all to stay in here until they are done speaking. I will stay outside this room, so come to me if you need anything," Buffered explained.

Vinyl, Beauty Brass, and Harpo all sat on the couch where Octavia and Vinyl were just an hour prior. Across from them, on another couch, Caramel and Neon sat. Fredric sat at a small chair that was between the two couches.

Before Buffered left, he looked back to the group of ponies.

"I highly suggest you do not cause any sort of physical fighting or shouting, for yours and the Melody's sakes,"

Buffered then shut the door behind him. The sound of the closing door echoed through the room. As the echoing stopped, the room was enveloped into silence.

Beauty Brass looked around, Neon and Caramel both seemed to be glaring at Vinyl, and said unicorn was glaring back at them. Fredric look completely bored and Harpo just looked worried.

"So," Harpo said, breaking the silence, "anypony here watch TV?"

Vinyl's head snapped to Harpo and she almost looked offended, "Is that even a question? We all
watch TV! TV is awesome!"

"Damn right it is!" Harpo agreed.

Relief washed over Beauty.

I am not the kind of mare who can deal with this! This is an Octavia thing... Wait, is it wrong to say that? Oh, I don't bloody know anymore!

"I don't watch television," Fredric replied in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Of course you don't, Freddy, you're boring," Vinyl said with a grin causing Fredric to glare at her.

"I watch TV, does that mean I'm cool, Vi?" Neon asked, a smirk growing in his face.

Vinyl growled slightly but did not turn to face him.

"Oooohhhh the silent treatment, very mature," Neon said, teasingly.

Vinyl's eyes glared at him for a moment before looking away from him.

"Awwww, you're pouting. I know what will-"

"Neon, leave her alone," Beauty Brass snapped, interrupting the stallion.

"Oh, so the Octavia wannabe finally decides to say something," Neon said, his smirk now gone, looking to Beauty with no amount of respect.

"Hey! Don't speak to her like that," Harpo said, getting up from the couch.

Neon looked at Harpo for a few seconds, seeing the threatening look in Harpo's eyes before the stallion reseated himself, slightly afraid.

"Okay, enough of this!" Caramel said, stomping his hoof on the ground, "Are you dating Octavia?!"

"It doesn't mater," Vinyl snapped back.

This left Caramel speechless, making him stutter out "D-doesn't matter?! How the hell could you think that?!"

"Because you're already trying to ruin me and Tavi's lives, even though you have no proof of us even dating!" Vinyl exclaimed.

"Well, I'll stop if you tell me that you and Octavia are not dating!" Caramel argued.

"Well then too bad that isn't the case," Vinyl replied, her voice laced with coldness.

Everypony in the room froze when those words were uttered. Everypony stared at her with wide eyes, not expecting her to confess.

Caramel had a face purely emotionless as he got up from his seat and slowly walked over to Vinyl, before tackling the DJ to the ground.

~•~•~•~•~

"So, Octavia," Octavia father started as the family say around the dining table, "Care to explain why Caramel came with some random stallion all the way out here to tell me you are having an affair?"

Octavia's father say at the end of the table, to his right was Octavia and Symphony and to his left was his wife.

Octavia let out a sigh, "Listen father, Caramel doesn't really know what he is talking about. He keeps thinking I am cheating on him with every pony I talk to. As for the random stallion, that is Neon Lights, Vinyl's ex stallionfriend who he contacted so he could ruin Vinyl's life,"

"So you came here with that unicorn in order to clear things up?" Octavia father asked, raising an eyebrow.

Octavia cringed, "Well.... Not exactly.... You see, I am dating Vinyl ,but-!"

"I knew it!" Octavia's father yelled, hitting his hoof onto the table and getting up from his seat, "I knew you were up to something!"

"No, father!" Octavia argued, getting up as well, "Caramel has no idea!"

"So that make it right?!"

“Stop!” Octavia’s mother pleaded, getting up, “Honey listen, Octavia and Vinyl both know this is wrong but they continue to anyway because it makes them happy!"

"Makes them happy? Who gives a damn!" Octavia's father screamed, "It doesn't matter how happy it makes Octavia, it is still wrong! Would you let our daughters do drugs because it made them happy? No!"

"That’s different!" Symphony argued, finally getting up as well, "There is nothing that can hurt Octavia from this!"

"Yes there is! Caramel could kill her!"

"I doubt he would go to that extreme!" Octavia said, her voice shaking as she raise her voice.

"He may not for you, but what about Vinyl?" Octavia's father asked coldly.

The room went into silence as they contemplated this.

Were they really safe? If Caramel could know so much about Vinyl in so little time, he could easily do worse.

Octavia sat down, looking down and not making eye contact with anypony.

Octavia's father glared at his daughter, while Symphony and Octavia's mother looked her with sadness.

Just then, they heard the door open.

"Hey Octavia?" Beauty Brass asked in a small voice, "I know this may not be the best time but.... CARAMEL LOST HIS SHIT!"

Everypony stared at Beauty with wide eyes before they galloped towards the living room. What they found made them all shocked.

Caramel and Vinyl both had cuts and bruises on them, as if the two had been fighting. Fredric was holding Vinyl and Harpo was holding Caramel, clear struggle in their faces as they tried to stop them.

Neon, however, just watched with a face of slight amusement, still sitting on the couch.

Octavia stomped over the stallion and grabbed his collar forcing him to look at the cellist.

"Aren't you going to help?" Octavia asked.

"I don't know, this is kind of entertaining," Neon replied with a grin.

Octavia let out a long breath, "Okay, fine, let me put this into words you will understand. GET OFF YOUR FAT FLANK AND DO SOMETHING WITH THAT MISERABLE EXCUSE YOU CALL A LIFE!"

Neon scrambled to his hooves before helping Harpo hold back Caramel.

"She's scary," Neon mumbled.

Octavia galloped over to Vinyl and started to help Fredric.

The other ponies got a clue, Beauty helped hold back Caramel, while Symphony went over to Vinyl. Octavia's parents just watched, one with a face of shock, and the other with a face of disgust.

"Vinyl! What has gotten into you?!" Octavia asked, only to get no response.

"Enough!" Octavia's father yelled, stomping his hooves causing everypony to look at him, except the two who were fighting, "What happened!"

"I knew it!" Caramel yelled, "I knew it this whole time, and the fucking DJ finally admitted it!"

Octavia's eyes went wide but before she could say anything, Vinyl started speaking.

"Of course you knew it! Because a part of you knows how much of a horrible husband you are!"

Caramel let out a growl as he attempt to punch the mare, but was stopped by the ponies holding him. However, he was very close, which meant the ponies were losing their grip.

"PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS WORSE!" Beauty Brass begged, sounding like she was crying.

Octavia's father let out a sigh before he started walking towards the two.

"What are you doing?" Octavia's mother asked. The father didn't respond, only kept walking. He walked in front of the two and faced Caramel.

"I am going to get marriage concealing for you and Octavia," Octavia's father announced causing the stallion to calm down.

"WHAT?!" Everypony yelled, all having faces of shock except for Caramel and the father.

He then turned to Vinyl, "As for you, I don't want you to speak to my daughter anymore," Vinyl's mouth fell slightly.

Octavia's father then turned and walked out the door of the room.

After a second of silence, everypony heard a cry of pain. Vinyl fell slightly to the floor, one of her hooves clutched around her side.

"Vinyl!" Octavia said in worry as she went down with Vinyl, slowly followed by Symphony and Fredric.

Vinyl coughed, "Heh, I guess all the adrenaline from the fight made me ignore any pain. Too bad it's running out now,"

"I am going to talk to him," Octavia's mother said, still facing the door. She then turned to the group of ponies, "You all take those two to the hospital, now,"

Octavia nodded, and the mother left the room.

"Wait! We still need to interview Symphony!" Fredric complained.

"Now is not the time, Fredric!" Beauty Brass commented, sounding pissed.

"No, it's alright," Symphony replied with a smile, "I'll do the interview with Fredric, you all take them to the hospital,"

Beauty Brass let out a sigh of annoyance, "Fine,"

With that, Symphony and Fredric walked out of the room.

Vinyl let out a moan of pain, and Beauty quickly helped Octavia lift the unicorn up from the ground.

As they lead the two hurt ponies out of the room, Octavia called for Buffered.

"Buffered! Could you please get us a ride to the hospital!"

"Right away Madam Octavia," Buffered replied before getting going to get their limo, thinking about his warning to the others about the fighting.

He knew this would come to this, he knew ponies would get hurt, physically and mentally, yet he didn't do anything.

As the ponies waited, Octavia looked down at Vinyl worryingly.

I hope you're okay Vinyl, and that I will be able to see you after this is over.

~•~•~•~•~

"Dear?" Octavia's mother called as she opened the door to her husband's study.

"May I speak with you?"

"What is it, love?" Octavia's father asked, writing in a piece of paper. "I am working on setting up Octavia and Caramel's marriage concealing,"

"I thought you wanted our daughter to leave Caramel," Octavia's mother questioned walking over to the stallion.

Octavia's father let out a sigh, "I do. But I think the only way to calm him down enough until Octavia finally gets the divorce done is to make him believe there is still a chance,"

"Oh, but why do you not want our daughter to see her marefriend anymore?"

Octavia's father started to glare at his wife, "I thought that was obvious! Our daughter shouldn't even be thinking about doing something as terrible as cheating, even to a stallion like Caramel,"

Octavia's mother paused. What could she say? It was obvious that her husband was not going to change his opinion anytime soon.

"Why don't you try talking to Vinyl?" Octavia's mother asked after a moment of silence.

Octavia's father look at his wife with a look of 'seriously?' But did not say anything.

So, she decided to keep going.

"It's just, our daughter seems so happy with that mare, and the mare seems to care for Octavia, a lot, but not like Caramel. Could you at least talk her? If she makes Octavia happy then she can't be too bad."

Octavia's father let out a sigh, "I'll make you a deal: Octavia can keep dating Vinyl until I speak to the mare. If I deem her worthy then they may continue. However, if I do not, then they will not have any right to continue their relationship, ok?"

Octavia's mother smiled, "Thank you,"

With that, she kissed her husband on the cheek causing the stallion to smile.

~•~•~•~•~

"Okay, so let's begin," Fredric announced as he sat at one end of the dining table. Symphony sat at the other end, and waited for the questions.

"So, what made you want this job?" Fredric asked.

Symphony shrugged, "I want to try showing my musical talents to Equestria, and I want to be able to spent more time with my sister,"

Fredric nodded his head as he wrote down everything onto a clipboard. "What are your past experiences with ensembles and music in general,"

Symphony tapped her chin, "Well, I performed at one of the Canterlot garden parties once,"

Fredric's eyes widened causing Symphony to grin.

"That's very interesting," Fredric replied, his eyes still wide as he wrote it down, "We were actually invited to perform at the party this year,"

"Really? What an honor," Symphony commented.

"Yes, what do you think of the other ensemble members?" Fredric asked.

"Well, Octavia is my sister, so I care very much about her," Symphony responded, "Beauty and Harpo are kind ponies who are nice to talk to sometimes. Though, I can find them annoying from time to time,"

Fredric nodded his head. He felt almost the same way about the ensemble members.

"As for you... You seem like a very kind and handsome stallion," Symphony commented, smirking slightly.

"O-oh, thank you," Fredric replied, a small blush forming on his face.

She is just a potential coworker Fredric, nothing more, nothing less. Besides, I already have a marefriend..... But she is quit pretty- UH! I HAVE BEEN SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME WITH OCTAVIA AND VINYL!

"Are you alright? You have been staring at the clipboard blushing for the past few minutes," Symphony commented, causing Fredric's head to snap up.

"Oh! How rude of me, I apologize for my behavior, I seem to have gotten caught in my own thoughts,"

Symphony smiled, "It's no problem,"

Fredric blushed again.

That smile.... It's like Octavia's- UGH STOP THAT! I don't want to get stuck in....what does Beauty call it? Oh! Yes, a love square!

Symphony giggled, "You are doing it again,"

Fredric groaned and rubbed between his eyes, "I must be out of it due to all that has happened today,"

Symphony let out a sigh, "Yes, I can understand that. I hope Vinyl and Caramel are doing alright,"

~•~•~•~•~

"Alright, you may come in now," The doctor announced to the group of ponies who were sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. The group quickly followed the doctor as he explained the injuries.

"There is nothing major," The doctor explained, "mostly cuts and bruises. Though, the unicorn does have a fractured rib,"

Octavia breathed his deeply at this news but said nothing.

"Actually, that is pretty major," Harpo commented, causing Beauty to glare at him.

The doctor stopped at a spot in the hall that had two doors facing one another. The doctor pointed to the door on the left. "This door is where Vinyl Scratch is," He then pointed to the door on the right, "This is where Caramel Chance-A-Lot is,"

The ponies nodded their heads in understanding before entering Vinyl's room. Neon, however, went over the Caramel's room first.

When they got into Vinyl's room, they found the unicorn laying on the bed, with a phone in her hooves.

Beauty and Harpo looked over at Octavia, expecting her to say something, but all she did was watch the DJ.

After a few seconds, Octavia walked over to Vinyl, who looked up from her phone to see the cellist walking towards her.

"Hey, Tavi," Vinyl greeted, with a smile.

Octavia stopped right by the edge of the bed, no emotion on her face.

"So, you are feeling alright now?" Octavia asked, to which the unicorn replied with a happy "Yep!"

"Good," Octavia said walking closer to the DJ, "That means I can do this,"

Vinyl let out a yelp of pain as Octavia whacked her on the head, much to everypony's shock.

Before Vinyl could say anything however, Octavia started going off.

"Why did you tell Caramel?! What the bloody hell were you thinking?!"

Just then, Octavia hugged the DJ, putting her face into Vinyl's chest.

"He could have killed you! I was so worried that you suffered something terrible!" Octavia half sobbed.

Vinyl hugged Octavia back, causing Harpo to have to put a hoof to Beauty Brass's muzzle in order to make her not squeal at the scene.

"Y-yeah, that was kind of stupid of me," Vinyl agreed, "But I don't think I got anything too bad out of that fight.... Though, you may have given me brain damage from that hit,"

Octavia looked up to her marefriend, a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. "Oh shut up you," Octavia said as she playfully whacked the DJ on the head, not hard enough to cause any pain.

"Ow," Vinyl said, playfully.

"As much as I don't want to ruin the moment," Harpo started, only to pause when his marefriend started glaring at him, "and I mean really don't because Beauty will probably kill me, don't you have to see Caramel, Octavia? I mean, you should probably talk to him, especially since he knows that you and Vinyl are dating now,"

Octavia nodded her head, "You're right, Harpo. You two keep an eye on Vinyl, I am going to go to Caramel's room,"

With that, Octavia walked into the hallway. Before she entered Caramel's room, however, she passed Neon as he left Caramel’s room.

The two made eye contact as Neon had his glasses over his horn. It was a moment of where new and old looked at one another, both full of hatred for one another, both-

"Beauty," Harpo called as his marefriend started at the hallway, "Stop trying to narrate Octavia's life like a soap opera,"

Beauty Brass looked over to her stallionfriend.

Damn.... He knows me too well.

~•~•~•~•~

"Hello Caramel," Octavia greeted as she entered the stallion's room.

"Hello honey!" Caramel greeted with a smile.

Octavia froze, why is he so happy?

"How.... How are you feeling?" Octavia asked, not that she cared too much.

"I feel great now that you're here!" Caramel exclaimed, "But a kiss would make it feel better,"

Isn't he going to mention Vinyl? Shouldn't he be yelling at me and-

Octavia's eyes widened.

"Oh bloody hell Caramel, not this again!"

Caramel tilted his head in confusion, "What's wrong?"

"You can't keep doing this!" Octavia exclaimed, "You can't act like nothing is going on when I am with you! You can't pretend our relationship is stable! You need to accept the truth!"

Caramel just stared at Octavia, still with a confused look.

Octavia yelled in anger before walking out of the room.

Once Octavia was gone, Caramel took out his phone.

He started typing something into his phone, once he was finished, he smiled.

"Well Vinyl, it seems you and I are going to have a long chat about this,"

Author's Note:

Well, that happened :rainbowderp:

This chapter actually ended with me and my proofreader having a long conversation about how this story was black and white but now, it is all grey.

So I actually have a question for you guys, if you were friends with someone in Octavia's position, who would you be?

Would you be Fredric, against the affair but still supporting your friend?

Or would you be like Beauty Brass, completely okay with everything?

Or would you be another character?

I would love to know so please tell me! :twilightsmile:

Oh, and thank you all again! My story now has 600 views!

Love chu all :heart:

See you guys next Monday! :pinkiehappy: