• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 3,503 Views, 57 Comments

Choose Your Own Adventure: Your Self Insert Asks Pinkie Pie for a Date - Palm Palette



Asking Pinkie Pie for a date is easy. Getting her to agree to a second one will be the tricky part.

  • ...
9
 57
 3,503

(27)

You grin at her and sigh as the waiter comes by to clean off the table. That's his subtle way of telling you that your meal's over and you should leave. Well, you reserved the booth all evening, but the way he's walking around and snuffing candles indicates that it's closing time. You wish you could stay longer, particularly with her, but Pinkie has her own life to get back to and you're not quite part of that yet. You're on the threshold of being something more, but ultimately it's up to her to decide if she wants you or not. You can, of course, keep nudging her in that direction.

“Pinkie, thank you for the date. I had a wonderful time.”

“Aw, you don't have to thank me. I'm the one who should be thanking you. I had a wonderful time too, and pie! That was good too.”

You snicker. “Yes, that did look good, what little of it I saw. I think I missed half of it when I blinked. But that's okay, the Pinkie Pie I saw the rest of the time was even better.”

Pinkie chuckles. “You're not so bad yourself.”

You grin. “If you like me so much, how about another date? Does next Friendsday sound good?”

Pinkie's eyes widen, and she frowns. “Uh, I'd love to, but I have an anniversary party to plan on that date. Hmm, Saddlesday's booked too, with a birthday party and a recital. Sunday, Moonday...” She taps on her chin. “What about Hoovesday?”

You frown yourself. “I have an important meeting on that date. In my line of work, I can't just blow somepony off. Wingsday's kinda iffy. Can you make Hornsday?”

Pinkie taps on her chin. “Apple Bloom has her cute-ceañera planned for that date, but she does that every week and always cancels it at the last minute. So unless she does actually get her cutie mark, sure I can go then.”

“That's almost two whole weeks. Do you think you can manage that long without me?”

Pinkie rolls her eyes. “Well, I do have your neat-looking rock to remember you by.”

“Heh, well I'll take what I can get. Thanks again, Pinkie, and be sure to tell the peanut gallery what an amazing fun time you had tonight.”

“Peanut gallery?”

You point at a window, and three heads duck down when Pinkie turns to look. “Your friends. They've been watching us the whole time.”

“What!?” Pinkie runs over to the window. “You guys! What are you doing here? I thought I told you that I could handle myself.”

You can't hear the response, but Pinkie snorts and jumps out the window. For once, you're not sad to see her leave. You both had a wonderful date, and she agreed to a second one. Right now, you feel like you're on the top of the world.

Comments ( 19 )

Came to this ending after being a sea monster. :P Guess being an Alicorn does have fringe benefits.

I will be shocked if this doesn't win. What a brilliant, well-executed idea.

Nice story, well of course it doesn´t exactly feels like that type of story i prefer, but it was a fun game so to say, i tried some stupid stuff two times, and had to check some of the other answers, only to see what i would have gotten otherwise, and well i made only two mistakes.

Oh snap. Another choose your own adventure fic. Will investigate later.:pinkiehappy:

I cannot tell a lie. I had to pick

Go Back

at least 4 times. Twice for the gift, once for the Be Romantic choice, and... Let's just say I was a Fool... But I liked it, very much.

All in all bud, this was well thought out, excellently detailed, and entertaining as buck. 11.94 out of 10, would date Pinkie again. Heh, heh, that rhymes.

This was really cute! I liked it! Good job on the win.

This is random, funny, and weird...and I bucking loved it!

Awesome story i shall now follow.

I failed 3 times. I gave her chocolates first, I bought the lobster for her, then I kissed her like a fool.
:derpytongue2:

I'm proud to say I only failed once, at the beginning I got her chocolates instead of the rock. This is really awesome though.

Yay I made it! The only bad ends I got were grazing, acting like a duck, and healthy eating...and plagiarism.

6997803 And with that particular failure, you can just tell yourself you failed the one time and just tried again on another day, so it's not like you even failed particularly hard.

To everypony who made it here, you must know me really well! I'll see you then!

Ah, some good date it's been!.. I wonder: if I had kissed her...

Actually, might I have another date, please?

Login or register to comment