• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 3,503 Views, 57 Comments

Choose Your Own Adventure: Your Self Insert Asks Pinkie Pie for a Date - Palm Palette



Asking Pinkie Pie for a date is easy. Getting her to agree to a second one will be the tricky part.

  • ...
9
 57
 3,503

(12)

“I'm a architect,” you say.

“An architect? You mean you build houses?” Pinkie asks.

“Close. I design them actually, and I work with all types of buildings—not just houses. I even designed a water tower once.”

“Really?”

“Yes, but it wasn't my best work. The mayor chewed me out for submitting a design that wasn't secured properly. How was I supposed to know that every giant monster that comes through Ponyville likes picking up the water tower and walking off with it?”

Pinkie chuckles. “Yeah, I don't think I would have thought about that either. So aside from that, what's it like? Designing houses?”

“Uh, stressful.”

Pinkie frowns.

“Well, I do like my job, but clients can be a real pain when they ask for unreasonable features, constant modifications, and there's always that one pony who feels like he can do the job a lot better than me despite the fact that I'm a trained professional and he's not. On top of that, construction crews are always trying to cut corners by using cheaper materials or skipping ahead several steps. Often times, mistakes that I get blamed for are due to not following the design I've laid out.”

“That sounds pretty awful. How do you handle it?”

“By staying positive, of course. You just have keep smiling and let others know that no problem is the end of the world. I think you've experienced similar, actually. Ever had a day when your client wants to move the wedding you've planned for tomorrow to today, but you're busy fighting a bugbear, and are suddenly glad about that?”

Pinkie snickers. “Matilda is a sweet mule, but yeah, I know what you mean. The bugbear might have been trying to kill me, but at least it wasn't shaking me by the collarbone and screaming that its life was about to be ruined forever.”

You nod. “True, that. Come on, Pinkie, let's go get some food.”

Enter the diner.