• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 3,503 Views, 57 Comments

Choose Your Own Adventure: Your Self Insert Asks Pinkie Pie for a Date - Palm Palette



Asking Pinkie Pie for a date is easy. Getting her to agree to a second one will be the tricky part.

  • ...
9
 57
 3,503

(23)

Well, the best way to make an impression is to tell her about how wonderfully amazing you are. That should be easy, because you are wonderfully amazing, at least in your head. You fidget in your seat and stretch your wings. Of course, you should tell her about how awesome you are in the sky. Since she's an earth pony, she'll have no way to call you out on your ridiculous claims.

“Say, have I told about what a great flier I am?”

“Oh? What kind of tricks can you do?” Pinkie asks.

“I like doing the double-corkscrew seesaw powerdrive. It's a radical, fast-paced stunt that only the most skilled of professional athletes can pull off. It's not for the faint of heart.”

“Double... hmm...” Pinkie taps on her chin. “Odd, I think I heard about that before.”

You gulp. You hadn't expected her to be a fan of the Wonderbolts. Shifting slightly, you decide to try something else. “Well, that's not my only stunt. I'm also pretty good with clouds, if I do say so myself. I can whip up a rolling thunderstorm and reverse-barrel dance, dodging lightning and piling up hail into neat ice sculptures.”

“Wow. That does sound pretty neat.”

“Yep! And I'm also so fast that I can dart through the entirety of Ghastly Gorge without ever once coming close to a torn bush or a quarry eel.”

“Oh, really now?” An irate voice startles you, and you glance back to see Rainbow Dash walk up.

“Uh, hi, Dash.” You slink down in your seat. This can't be good.

She snorts and glares at you. “I couldn't help but overhear you claim to be able to pull off signature moves of two of the greatest fliers in history, plus that thing with Ghastly Gorge? I do that.”

“Hey, that's right.” Pinkie hold up a hoof a squints. “You took me to that show once, and Fleetfoot did that thing with the screws. It was really neat!”

“Yeah, and I'm willing to bet that your date can't even come close to pulling off something like that, isn't that right?”

You gulp. “Uh, well, I can spin a few times, and not fall out of the sky, if I'm lucky.”

“Sorry, Pinkie, but your date's a total blowhard. If you really want to see a pony do some amazing aerial stunts, look no further than me! I've been practicing and can almost do that hail thing, but the lightning's still touchy. If I lay off the light show, I can totally make a lump-shaped ice sculpture. You wanna see?”

“Sure!” Pinkie hops out of her seat and runs off. You start to get up but Dash slaps you back in your seat with a gust of air.

“Sorry, but you blew it.” Rainbow Dash leaves you sitting there as she walks off. You can't help but gnash your teeth. She stole your date!

Go back.