• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 1,946 Views, 107 Comments

Plagued by Doubt - Voyna



After Rainbow Dash is forced out of her home, she has only one friend to turn to.

Comments ( 5 )

Don't say sorry for stopping when an idea no longer works for you. You have no obligation to us, only yourself. As a reader on this site i know that incomplete work driven by passion or interest have a risk of not finishing, and its a risk that i take to see new takes on stories i would otherwise never see.

So thank you for going as far as you did and bringing us along for the ride. It was fun.

"This Fic suffered the same fate as a lot of fics of the time did. It tried to grow with the show."

Lel, that downward spiral into incoherent nonsense that the series' narrative suffered was no doubt the bane of many fanfic writers. For a while it was fun to read how fans would contrive to work the lastest world-breaking element from the show into previously established canon, but that kind of stopped being possible right about the time that Rainbow Power both appeared and disappeared forever. We kept hoping that the show itself would do that, but it never bothered to make any sense of, for example, the existence of Princess Cadence before dropping Luna's Freddy Kreuger powers on us. Then that would in turn immediately be forgotten when Celestia decides for no given reason that Discord needs to be freed. The show played out like the development of one of those crowd sourced Patreon games that perpetually stay in the alpha stage adding new and unnecessary crap to milk supporters and never progressing to beta.

For what it's worth, I never did give up hope that one day this would see some sort of completion. Even as the years passed this fic would pop into my head every so often - as it did today, when I finally noticed it had been updated when I was looking through my "Favorite Favorites" shelf.

You've no need to apologize, at least not to me. A writer's muse is fickle, as I know first-hand. Don't feel sorrow or resentment over what wasn't completed, or what decisions were made - as you look back on what you did put out there, smile! Because plenty of readers enjoyed it, myself included. It might not be perfect, nothing really is, but it's enough. It has to be, because the alternative conclusion to that line of thinking is so nihilistic that it's not even worth considering.

This chapter serves enough of a conclusion for me, at least. Without even looking into what happens past this point via your A/N, it leaves things open-ended enough that I have room to imagine where their lives will lead them now. And honestly, that's a better conclusion to me than if this story really had reached whatever nebulous ending it was heading towards.

This is and will always remain one of my favorite fics on the site; despite whatever imperfections it may have, or the fact that it's not "truly complete" (whatever that means!), it's one of the works that really solidified my love of this ship when I first noticed it, when only 2 or 3 chapters were up at the time. I might not have commented on it back then, but I was a lot "greener" to the fandom and more reticent to post comments on FiMFic back in 2015-2016. Obviously, that's not the case now.

Anyway...I'm glad you came back after all these years, Voyna. Hope to see more from you someday, but no pressure. (I'd be glad to proof/edit for you, by the by.) :twilightsmile:

Y'know, it's a little bittersweet for me to come into this fandom this late in its life span and seeing mountains of old work either go unfinished or get canceled, this story is an extremely great one and I hope you continue writing in the future.

Reading the scene about the two mares and the bisexual stallion stirred some bad memories of my own. As a bisexual man I've had a relationship that didn't work out due to the man I was with claiming that one day I'll cheat on him with a woman, only to find out he was cheating on me with another guy the whole time. It was hard to read, but in a strange good way. Not many people could write like that, and it kind of pulled me out of my ditch I get myself in when I can't write out what I vision in my head.

a satisfying ending with them fucking i gotta be honest. i really loved this fic a lot and am glad i found it today 😊🩷

Login or register to comment