• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 6,551 Views, 180 Comments

Inner Strength - The Grimm Reaper



Fluttershy does the stare on herself with a mirror. This results in her becoming 20% cooler than Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
34
 180
 6,551
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 144 )

Your concept is GREAT but this opening chapter just didn't bring it enough to the forefront. You REALLY gotta hook people in your opening chapter or they just move on to something else.

Y'know, something tells me that this thing isn't actually a permanent change, or maybe, its effects increases over time. I'd love to see Swaggershy, honestly.

Thanks for churning out the updates really soon!

6054944 I'm thinking the effects wear off in time, but by the time they do, she's gotten used to being that way so it becomes second nature to herself.

But then the story wouldn't have any conflict and while slice of life stories like Azumanga Daioh can work, this story is probably going to follow a more standard plot/character story arc.

Nice chapter. I found it funny how nearly everybody thought that Fluttershy got laid rather than having a personality shift. Keep up the good job.

Meh, I think this kind of story would work way better and have a lot more comedic opportunities if Fluttershy hadn't outright come clean about her change in personality.

I had been pretty excited to read the rest of this story after the first chapter, but this one has diminished that excitement somewhat :trixieshiftleft:

Come on! Bring on the Sexy, I want to play the theme song as I read a scene where Fluttershy is now FlutterPower.
I can almost see it now...
Fluttershy slow trotting down the road with a new mane style and a confidence never before seen.
As the song hits the chorus, she flips her mane, gives a little seductive wink as stallions (and some mares) either are left jaws dropping or faint from a nose bleed...
Oh the glorious CHAOS a hot diva could make

ZOMG This Fluttershy is SOOOOOOO OC!!!! oh wait... never mind that's the point XD... I LOVE IT!!!!

Awaiting the rest.

Keep going i like this :)

"Ah'll do my best, Sugarcue!" she declared.

"Ah'll do my best, Sugarcube!" she declared.

Sounds like she took on the personality of Ruby Rose from RWBY.
Pinkie's already Nora. Yang, Rainbow. Twilight, Pyrra. Rarity, Weiss. Apple Jack, ... doesn't have a comparison yet

6055172 Then what would be the point of this?

6055265 sorry, I tend to mix 'Mary Sue' with OOC. Don't worry, she's going to have some complications, just like any other mare

6055283 Is Fluttershy in the cover pic some sort of Super Sayan?

6055410 It does look like it...

6055155 If anything, Fluttershy is now Pyyhra. I'd say Twilight is more of a Ruby Rose, amazingly talented, slightly childish, and a natural leader. Pyyhra is the amazingly talented, beautiful, and confident national idol.

"I-...You-...Just-... What the huh?!" she asked.

This: — is an Em Dash. It is what all these hyphens are supposed to be. To create one, hold down the Alt key and, using the keypad to the right of your keyboard, type "0151". (Minus the quotation marks and the period, of course.) Or, conversely, Control+F the hyphens an copy and paste the em dash provided.

Her cutie mark contained three small balloons. Each a pale shade of blue, yellow and red.

Actually there are two blue balloons and one yellow. Unless this is in some weird alternate— never mind. But, why? Why change that one fact?

Her cutie was three cut diamonds.

Missing "mark".

Her Cutie Mark was a thunder cloud with a rainbow coloured lightning bolt shooting out from underneath.

Unneeded capitalization, or all the other ones need to be capitalized.

"Your signed copy of the latest Daring Do novel, unaltered edition."

The one with all the "Pegger"'s left in.

I also want to have some i.q points backing me up.

This should probably be capitalized and a period should be after the q as well.

but Fluttershy thought that perhaps the farmer could assist Rainbow in the exercise part of the routine.

"Ah'll do my best, Sugarcube!" she declared.

Maybe you could have Fluttershy state this instead of making Applejack psychic.

I can understand why they all jumped to the conclusion that Fluttershy got laid, it tends to change a person, giving them more confidence. Her friends all picked up on her "extra swagger" and translated that into "got some", not knowing how else to describe it.

I look forward to enjoying the next chapter.

~KBO.:twilightsmile:

I just realized... WHY THE F*** HASN'T THIS BEEN DONE BEFORE!!

6056199 Everyone else was either too busy or too lazy to get it done right?

6056199 The thing is, certain ideas just escape the minds of us mortals until specific conditions are met. Just like it was for me when I wrote "This is bad!"

6055083 Um.. taking a good look at the haircut... Anyone else being reminded of Dragonball Z?

Applejack continues to be useless. I don't mind at all. :trollestia:

When I saw that cover pic for some reason I thought DBZ.... *sigh* I don't even watch it....

Interesting premise. I'll be watching this one. My only criticism would be that you put too much detail into introducing the members of the mane 6; this is fanfiction, you can assume we know who they are.

6056430 i did watch it and i have to say that she looks like super saiyan phase 4 fluttershy

Was that "What the huh?" a LPS reference?

I like the new fluttershy, but if her history is any consideration then this can only end badly. :fluttershysad::flutterrage::pinkiesad2::heart::facehoof::derpytongue2:

6056791 Good to hear :D You'll start to develop an eye for this sort of thing...and sometimes you'll want to pull that eye out of your head on account of errors will start jumping out at you and knocking you out of the story D:

... *looks at image* ... Fluttershy, why you look like you took grooming tips from Kars of JJBA?

... And why do I not mind? *gulp*

*goes to read fic*

Fluttershy looks like she went Super Saiyan or something. :rainbowlaugh:

6057043 I thought the same thing lol.

6055843

This: — is an Em Dash. It is what all these hyphens are supposed to be. To create one, hold down the Alt key and, using the keypad to the right of your keyboard, type "0151". (Minus the quotation marks and the period, of course.) Or, conversely, Control+F the hyphens an copy and paste the em dash provided.

Alternatively I could just as easily press ctrl + hyphen buttons.

6056486 yeah, but people tend to bitch and complain when I make that assumption that they know about all the characters. Fuckin' morons.

6057081 Really? Neat. If I tried that, my screen would just zoom out. You are lucky. I got to remember all these Alt codes.

Discord may surely like her new self in the beginning. But let's not forget that Discord was mostly tolerated because of her kindness and because both of them were flawed as antisocial outsiders. Now that Fluttershy gained perfection, Discord may be too way behind to keep up with her improvements. Everything that mane5 disliked in Discord may now manifest in Fluttershy new personality. Discord doesn't care about work ethic, about fun enjoyed by everyone, about beauty, knowledge or physical prowess.

6057101 zoom out? Maybe it was ctrl + Shift + -?

6057058 Gross. Sorry that's my first reaction to it.

All I could think of seeing the cover art was " the Legendary Fluttershy Super Saiyan 4."
new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Yea+thats+how+its+done+_6a6aa7242817d78addeaed90f1bd30ad.gif

6057103 I think Fluttershy's core attitude with being kind to as many living things as she's willing will probably supercede any new annoyances with Discord.

Now all she has to do is scream a lot and she can fight Goku.

As soon as i saw the Cover i thought this was a DBZ crossover.

The one Unicorn to in the group was Rarity. A marble white mare with a royal blue mane and tail that held a shade of purple in them. Her cutie was three cut diamonds.

If you think Rarity's mane is 'Royal Blue' then you sir, are colour blind.

Rarity's Mane& Tail:
1.bp.blogspot.com/-IrxWMAAa59Y/VJcwMUclj1I/AAAAAAAAAYo/WrLGJd5dc9I/s1600/Tumblr_mxzwafbm7w1s88ss5o1_1280.png
Royal Blue:
i.imgur.com/koCKDeH.png

I net shes now better than her Friede in everything!
And that Whats the Plot is about :moustache:

Finally, there was Rainbow Dash; easily the most noticeable pony in the group, with her chromatic mane and tail holding all the colours of the rainbow

Wrong. Her mane and tail have 6 colours, the rainbow has 7.

Dang, this story is goooood.

6057921 I bet you're fun at parties

6058200 Yeah, I understand what you're saying.
I wish people weren't so apathetic. People will make wrong claims, and when I correct them they are either angry at me or don't care, both of which are stupid.

However, at a party, I like to think that I can be a little less uptight about shit like this.

Login or register to comment