• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 2,116 Views, 134 Comments

7DSJ: Three Nights at Freddy's - Shinzakura



Interquel of Seven Days in Sunny June, Book III. This is why you never give a summer job featuring lousy pizzas and malfunctioning robots to three teenaged assassins.

  • ...
11
 134
 2,116

June 25, Morning: Hat.jpg

Adagio’s surroundings were nothing but white, like something out of a laundry commercial. She half expected a giggling plushie mascot to come out of the endless white talking about “silky smoothness, right out of the dryer!” or something like that. Still, she walked on through the bizarre fog.

Eventually, she stumbled upon a group of crying children. Strangely, they looked greyed out, as if they weren’t even real. No reason for the crying was given, and no matter how much Adagio tried to approach them or call out to them, they seemed silent and distant, as if in a fever dream.

The fever dream turned into a nightmare a second later as a vague form appeared: a man, whose face Adagio could not see for some reason, yet seemed to have a motif of the color purple, started charging towards the kids, making unnatural, unearthly sounds as he ran. There was a flash in his hand and a second later, a huge, bloody butcher knife appeared.

“No!” Adagio screamed as the man approached within inches of the children. At that point, her training took over and she reached behind her for her backup gun. Pulling it with a draw, she’d barely drawn a bead on the man when she pulled the trigger, firing.

The man was hit once. Twice. Thrice. Each bullet in the gun made him stumble back and…strangely, vanish, seemingly derezz as if he were a vanquished videogame character. Finally, with the last bullet from the gun piercing him where his heart would be, he fell backwards, vanishing into nothingness.

The tears of the children suddenly stopped. And although Adagio couldn’t see their faces, she could somehow feel their smiles, and hear their unanimous saying:

Thank you.

Her vision blurred into white and—

A body, dust-covered but otherwise intact, broke through the debris of the destroyed restaurant, gasping for air. Adagio could barely comprehend anything other than gulping down the dirty air of a Sunnytown morning before she heard a familiar voice call out, “There’s one!” She turned and her vision swam for a second before she felt herself being pulled up, with an oxygen mask slipped onto her face.

Despite the light stabbing her eyes, Adagio reached a delicate hand to look at the face looking down at her.

“It’s okay, Dagi. We’re getting you to the hospital.” Hearing those words, seeing Vesper’s face…it brought both comfort and fear to the teen’s mind. Comfort because it was someone she knew, Aria’s grande sœur, but fear at the same time, because Aria was sti—

“We found another one!” a voice in the distance cried.

“You’re fine, Dagi,” Vesper said in comforting tones. “We’ll talk later.” But Adagio heard the underlying meaning: Vesper, as senior SIREN in the area, wanted answers and would have them.

Adagio smiled slightly before passing out.

When she came to again, she saw Vesper sitting in a chair next to her, still dressed in her EMT outfit. “Boss gave me the day off so that I could watch over you,” the older woman said casually. “I called your sister and told her I’d keep an eye on you guys until she got home from her trip.” The undermessage was simple: Reported to Mezzo what happened; will keep overwatch on you three until relieved.

Adagio looked to see Aria and Sonata in beds on the other side of the room. Both were asleep. “Are they…?”

“They’re fine, Dagi. In fact, after the hospital runs some routine tests, you’ll be released to go home. I already told Maddie and I’m going to stay over there tonight – in fact, I’ll make dinner. I’m sure you’d like something other than pizza for a change.”

“Vesper,” Adagio croaked, “I….”

“We’ll talk when your sisters wake up, okay?” Aria and Sonata are fine. “Plus, your bosses are waiting outside for you to wake up – I think they want to talk to you.” The area’s not secure; we’ll debrief when you’re released from the hospital.

“Sure,” Adagio said, sitting up.

“I’ll go get them,” she said, getting up from the chair. But before doing so, she leaned over and whispered, “You’d better have a damn good reason for all this, Seaman Dazzle. I’m going to have to go back there tonight and make sure the place is sanitized.” Not knowing what to say, Adagio merely nodded while Vesper gave her a smile, then walked out of the room.


Adagio sat there for a moment, looking at her two sisters, asleep on the other beds in the room. She was relieved to know that they were fine, and that they’d made it through their battle with Les Scars.

“Adagio!” she heard two voices cry out and watched as a tear-stricken Shim and Sham rushed over to hug her.

“We were worried about you!” Shim cried unashamedly, hugging her.

“Yes, we wouldn’t want to lose our star employee!” Sham added, her glasses fogging up.

“Don’t worry, we’re paying for yours and your sisters’ medical bills,” Shim suddenly said. “Please please please don’t sue us!”

“Sue you guys? Why would I do that?”

“Because of the faulty gas main,” Sham said, wiping her glasses on her shirt.

When a curious look came over Adagio’s face, Vesper, who came back into the room, said, “One of my coworkers told me about it: there’s a major gas line through that part of Sunnytown that PG&E has been constantly patching for years due to constant decay. I guess the part where the restaurant was located was a ticking time bomb in the form of an undiscovered leak.” When both Shim and Sham froze in shock, Vesper said, “Ladies, I know the girls’ family; their older sister’s been my best friend for ages. They’re not the kind that would sue, so you’re fine – they understand what accidents are.” Both Shim and Sham breathed sighs of relief.

Adagio sighed. “Well, this means I’m out of a job,” she groaned. Vesper looked at her oddly, while there was a curious look on the twins’ faces. And, strangely enough, Adagio’s funk was sincere: in the few days that she’d worked there, attacks aside, she’d actually enjoyed it. If she’d been a normal girl, it would’ve been the job of her life.

“Not necessarily,” Shim said with a smile. “We didn’t get a chance to tell you last night but around noon yesterday we had lunch with our attorney. It seems that due to the reputation the prior company had and the gang attacks of the last two days, they strongly recommended we abandon the Freddy Fazbear’s IP for the good of the company. He said it was just too toxic an IP.”

“After talking to our father for advice, we did just that,” Sham added. “And while you’ve been here, we’ve had our lawyer release the Freddy Fazbear IP into the public domain, where it should stay.”

“But what about—” Adagio began.

“Oh, we started work on a new IP based on the same concept!” Shim said with a grin. “We just sent the designs off so they can modify the Mark IIIs before they send them here.”

“Yup, here you go!” Sham chirped, handing Adagio a folder.

“Johnny Jackrabbit’s Pizza Party Palace,” she said, reading the cover of the folder. It had a picture of a smiling, happy rabbit, and truth be told it looked far friendlier than the Bonnie character from the old place. In fact, as she looked through the folder, all signs of the old characters were gone, with Johnny replacing Bonnie, Maxine Mouse taking the place of Freddy and Charlie Chicken replacing Chica. It seemed like a rebirth for the concept, leaving the old to remain in the dirt.

“We’re going to donate the land where the restaurant used to be to the county; apparently they’re going to do something with it,” Shim told her.

“In return,” Sham pointed out, “the County is giving us an equivalent-sized parcel of land in San Palomino, which would be the perfect spot for the first Johnny’s!”

“Other than that, our offer still stands, Adagio – we’d love to have you work for us still, and we’re know you’re the best employee.”

Sham adjusted her glasses. “Maybe when you’re older, we might even make you a partner in the business!” she said with a wink.

“Well…how long?” Adagio inquired.

“About two months to construct the building, get the permits, test the Mark IIIs – well, now the Johnny Mark Is – and all that, so…right around when school starts?”

Adagio grinned. “Count me in,” she said with a smile.

“Good!” both Shim and Sham cheered with huge grins.

“Okay, your story pans out, and unless the gangs were using it for a cache or you three brought more weapons than necessary – which we didn’t teach you to do – it looks like there were signs of Les Scars activity,” Vesper told Adagio the following day at the girls’ home; she was seated at a table with a lot of printouts. “Thankfully Seaman Blaze was smart enough to use WP and that melted a significant amount of the metal there, the weapons included. From what it sounds like, the SPD is going on the fact that the gangs damaged the gas main on the day they went in and eventually it overloaded last night. So consider your asses covered, you three.”

Adagio shifted uncomfortably in her stance before shifting back to attention; being interrogated by Aria’s grande sœur wasn’t very comforting at all. “Yes, ma’am,” she said. Behind her, Aria and Sonata stood at attention, and had Adagio looked behind her, she would’ve noticed that they’d unintentionally stood in positions not unlike the Mark I animatronics that had once graced the stage.

“Okay, last thing: I want to know why. You knew I was in town, and you could’ve made a call and Lieutenants Blue and Storm would’ve come. It’s our duty to handle this sort of thing, not yours – you have a different mission and you could’ve jeopardized the whole operation. So as the fireteam leader, I want an answer from you, Seaman Dazzle.”

“Yes, ma’am,” she said, looking briefly at her sisters before asking, “Permission to speak off the record, Lieutenant.”

“Seaman….”

“Please, Lieutenant?” Aria finally spoke up.

“Granted, though I know what you’re going to say,” Vesper said.

“We didn’t want to lose you three,” Aria continued. “Call it childish, immature, insubordinate, whatever – you, Maddie and Mezzo are our grande sœurs. You are more than mentors, more than older sisters, more than mothers to us! Do you know what it would be like for us to lose you?”

“It would’ve been painful to never see Maddie again if we died,” Sonata spoke, “but that would’ve been minor compared to me having to attend her funeral!”

“Plus, without an adult like one of you, technically we’re just normal girls,” Adagio added, playing for logic. “The SIRENs would have lost us as assets for at least a few years, possibly permanently – and then the org would be down six field operators. Better for us to go than you guys.”

“I…see.” Vesper rose from the table, and walked over to the triplets. “Okay, if you’re so afraid of being treated like normal girls….” She went and slapped all three. “I’ll treat you like normal girls: you’re all grounded for two weeks.” She then went and hugged the trio individually. “Do you know that Maddie, Mezzo and I would feel the same way about you three? Did you even think that?” The looks on their faces indicated they hadn’t. “Girls, we love you three as much as you love us. And risking yourselves like that…it was appreciated, but needless. Which is why you’re grounded – a civvie punishment – rather than getting something out of the QR&Os.” She went and then held Aria, her petite sœur. “For my sake, don’t do that again, Ari? Please?”

“I won’t. And I’m sorry for making you worry,” she admitted.

“Good. Okay, so punishment: two weeks, can’t leave the house – except for your job, Ari – no games, no books except manuals, and I want the house spit polished and shined, got that?” When the three nodded, Vesper said, “Okay, I’m going to go do some grocery shopping. Maddie’s coming home tonight – and Mezzo’s coming with her – and you owe them apologies as well, got that?” When the three nodded, she said, “Oh, and finally…Dagi, I found your bag. Mostly torn up, but I figured you wanted it. It’s by the front door.” With that, Vesper grabbed her keys, said, “I’ll be back in thirty. There will be a uniform inspection in thirty, understood?” and then headed out the front door.

Adagio went to where the bag was. Sure enough, it was mostly destroyed and covered in soot and burns; only one pocket, still zipped, remained of the backpack. Adagio found that curious and opened the pocket, allowing for the contents to be unearthed.

“What’s that, Dagi?” Aria, standing right behind her, asked.

“I…I don’t know,” Adagio said in a confused voice, looking at the pristine, slightly cream paper of Fazbear Entertainment corporate stationery, circa 1987. On the paper, in yellow and green crayon, was a single word: PROTECT. And at the bottom of the paper, pinned to it, were three cloisonné pins of the Puppet’s head, underneath which was a cloth banner which read: GUARDIAN.

“What is this?” she murmured, looking at her sisters in confusion.

US Route 287 lead out of the town of Aurora, Colorado, heading eastwards towards its eventual connection with US Route 36 towards all points east. On that lonely road, just east of the city limits, was an abandoned, forgotten building, the broken parking lot filled with weeds and a rusted light pole that had seen better days. The building was faded colors of white, green and yellow, its paint peeling off and its shattered windows long since covered with well-weathered boards. The sign that had once grace the roof was long gone, but the ghostly, faded remnants of the lettering on the sides of the buildings were almost readable: R DD FA B AR’ PI Z R A. A wooden billboard in front of the whole building said that the lot was for sale or lease, but it had been there a long, long time with no takers. On a rainy, dreary Saturday afternoon, it was as much of a forgotten relic of an earlier era as any other day before.

Until now.

Within the aging black and white checker floors, the faux-pizza decors on the purple, water-damaged walls and the long empty rooms, something stirred in a forgotten, long-ago boarded up room. Shuddering with an unnatural shake from a power source that should have been drained well before the building had ever closed down, the animatronic, created for the original Fredbear’s restaurant back in 1973, shook its head, coming to life with unnatural motion.

Something dark stirred within Springtrap, bringing the murderer whom the news had once called “The Purple Killer”, back to unlife. The killer had been damned, for decades, to be trapped in this hell of its own making, its own grave and prison at once, revenge from tormented souls from the double-digit murders that had haunted the Denver metro area back then.

But now…something was freeing its toys; that much the reanimated murderer knew somehow. And that would not be allowed. However long it took, whatever it took to prevent that, it wo—

The roof of the building was suddenly torn off, exposing it to the air. A backhoe’s shovel came into view as it pulled more of the building off, and the robot remained slumped against the wall, completely confused. The confusion was immediately relieved by a man, silhouetted from where Springtrap was, who sneered at the twisted abomination of man and machine and called out, “The kids say hi, monster,” and threw something into the building.

A second later, the makeshift bomb – composed of dynamite and several vials of holy water – detonated, tearing apart Springtrap and the body within. A few minutes after that, the rest of the building was torn down. Soon, as agreed, a priest from the local church would come and bless the location once more.


Standing in the rain atop the backhoe, wearing a raincoat and taking a draft from a cigarette, the old man felt purified. He’d been a college student back when it had all began – the murders, the Bite of ’87, all of it – and the move had pushed a young security guard into a life as an Aurora police officer, and finally a detective. He’d delved into the mysteries of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria and while he wasn’t particularly religious when he worked with the company, decades had changed him – evil existed in more than just corporeal form, and today had finally proven that, in his mind, once and for all.

But it had also proved that evil could be defeated, regardless of whoever it manifested. Between him and another former security guard – now a business magnate and also privy to what had been investigated over the years – they had worked to have a foreign business buy the company just to shutter it. He’d been dismayed that two girls over in California had recently bought the rights, because it would’ve started everything all over again. By pure fortune or grace of a higher power, the location that was being rebuilt in the metro Canterlot area had been destroyed by happenstance.

Which lead to today: with the agreement of his friend and partner in this arcane war against the Purple Killer, the detective came over to the land to destroy the old pizzeria, find Springtrap and destroy him for once and for all, the location where the source of all these horrors had been hiding for all these years. It was a chancy proposition, but…one that had panned out, as indicated by the shattered remains he’d blown apart and now buried under a building that would be excavated, the rubble and trash set on trucks with the intent to ultimately dump in a volcano in Chile, where it would all be vaporized, permanently. Perhaps it was overkill compared to an incinerator, but like his friend, the detective wanted to make sure there was no chance for evil to avoid its punishment.

The rain stopped, and portions of sunlight peeked through the afternoon sky, a purifying, cleansing light. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a phone and dialed, and a familiar voice answered on the first ring:

“Hello, hello hello?”

“It’s over,” the detective said with a wide grin, gently rubbing a pin on his raincoat – a cloisonné pin of a puppet head, from which a banner hung that said GUARDIAN. He never found out how he received it…and that had been one of the mysteries that had led him to this day.

“Good,” the voice said on the other line. “I’ll be in town on Tuesday. Meet up for lunch?”

“Sure thing. Talk to you later.” Pocketing his phone, the detective walked to meet the priest, who had just pulled up in his car, followed by a group of older people in a van – the now-elderly parents of the murdered children. Today was the end of Freddy Fazbear’s dark legacy. Tomorrow, a new park, dedicated in the name of those who had suffered all these decades, would be built on the site, donated to the City of Aurora, and the world would move on.

In his mind, Detective Fritz, Aurora Police Department, could picture the built-in lights in the animatronic heads finally snuff out, as they deserved to.

Author's Note:

Aaaaaaaand it's over, folks.

Although I've been since told that I got the order of the animatronics wrong:

Well, truthfully? This story wouldn't have come together if I wasn't in the mood to be silly and someone hadn't made an equally goofy comment. Also thanks to my 7DSJ cohorts (Blue and Flynt) for wondering what the hell I was doing and let me get away with it.

We'll be back to normal 7DSJ next week, folks. Thanks for letting me run down this detour.

Comments ( 16 )

Well well well. The fact that this is canon with the rest of 7DSJ opens up many questions, but also answers several which I didn't know existed.

Very well done. Can't wait to see the main story continue.:twilightsmile:

aww, I wanted to see sunset work at fazbear fright.

This made me giggle. Thanks for running this story, as crazy as it was.

Looking forward to business as usual though.

Not to sound mean, but YES!

5721379
Nah, it's not filled with the undead; it is, however, gang infested.

The only part that bothers me is the girls didn't realize they were fighting the supernatural then.

I really wanted to see that too.:(

---

Adagio : (blinks) They are... UNDEAD?!

---

5721379 No kiddin'!:pinkiegasp:

And I rather doubt that we have to worry about that; just the deranged, bloodthirsty robots.:twilightoops:

What?! It's over?! Awwwww. I was just getting settled in for the ride!

Ah, well. All good things must come to an end, I guess.

I only have one teensy caveat about this chapter (which are none, story-wise, by the way): and that is that I never got a notification for this final chapter in my "Library" button thing. Not even one for the "Tracking" option, and I always get those. So I don't know what was up with that.

Anyway, though, I found it, read it, and this story, at least, is done.

Now all we have to find out is how the SIRENS are gonna interact with the gang at Canterlot High.

And I must say, I am eagerly awaiting that one!

well thanks to this story I cant hate them in book 3

Now that I think about it, that bad part of town is Sunnytown.... This site needs more Story of the Blanks references

5721456 This is the 3rd time I've read the story. I just love it so much!!! :heart: you did an awesome job at writing this! :raritywink:

That was unexpected.

Well, not what happened last chapter. THAT I expected once all three got involved. For the rest of it...I'm guessing Addy somehow went back in time in her fevered dream and killed purple guy before he killed them.. Or dreamed that whole thing up. Or somehow helped the children pass on instead of becoming murderous. Maybe. I might have to re-read this last chapter to understand.

The pins and stuff I presume are for the guards who stayed there for all those hellish nights. And Mike, Jeremy, and Phone Guy got better jobs, so cool. My other main question is why did Fritz come back there now? Is it related to what Adagio did in her dream?

Ah, nice to see the three SIRENS back in action. I just wish I had read this sooner rather then leaving it in my "Read Later" list. It was fun seeing the three of them rip those nightmare inducing animatronics to shreds and Springtrap getting what he deserved while leaving the triplet nearly oblivious. (The obvious exception being that dream of The Purple Killer, but I don't see that coming back up again anytime soon.) I still love it though, and I'm glad I read it.

Sorry you couldn't join us, hope you can tomorrow. We're doing the Chase!

8572174
Didn't even know it was going on, sorry!

“Because of the faulty gas main,” Sham said, wiping her glasses on her shirt.

I must point out that it is very difficult to sue a homeowner (I know, I know) for damages resulting from injury related to something installed on a home. This could be something like a second story flower pot that hangs below a windowsill falling and hitting a passerby.

This is because, in order to sue, you need to be able to prove negligence, and to do so, you need to prove that the homeowner knew, or should have known about the issue, and without a history of this happening, it can be almost impossible.

So if the business owners got the building inspected for gas leaks, and it came back green, then liability would fall upon the inspectors.

Of course, this happened because of semtex or something, not a gas leak, and a lawsuit would only draw more eyes, so yeah, just leave it be.

Login or register to comment