• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 2,116 Views, 134 Comments

7DSJ: Three Nights at Freddy's - Shinzakura



Interquel of Seven Days in Sunny June, Book III. This is why you never give a summer job featuring lousy pizzas and malfunctioning robots to three teenaged assassins.

  • ...
11
 134
 2,116

June 22, Evening: Jumping the Gun

“Be careful, okay?” Sonata said, hugging her sister. Adagio smiled; theoretically the youngest, Sonata was always the most emotional of the three.

“I will, Soni,” Adagio promised. “Besides, you don’t see Ari or Maddie worried, do you?”

“Maddie’s grocery shopping right now,” the youngest teen countered, “And Ari’s playing that videogame console she bought today, so she’s a little focused.

Both girls then turned to look at the middle triplet, who was playing Call of Duty and screaming into her headset, “And that’s how you get played, ya pansy-ass weakling! Bet you couldn’t even hold a real M4, much less all the gear your character’s carrying, you fat fuck!...Oh, boo hoo, I made you cry! I dare you to come over here and say it to my face!”

“Yeah, she is a bit focused right now,” Adagio replied. “Well, let her know I left and….” She then looked at Ari, who got up from the game, muttering something about “stupid ass mother fuckers kicked me from the game” and approached them.

“Hey, take care, sis,” Aria said, hugging Adagio. “I hear Sunnytown’s dangerous. Well, for untrained, normal civvies, but I know you can handle yourself. Thing is, you’re supposed to be one of those at the moment.”

“I’ll be okay, girls, I promise. You two looking for jobs as well?”

“I started yesterday,” Sonata said. “Trying to find something I like.”

“I have to let my hair grow out a little more,” Aria admitted. “Still not as long as the average girl’s. Even though we’re triplets, we’re not identical triplets, so I’m kinda jealous that you two have faster-growing hair than I do.”

“Don’t worry, you look good as is, sis. Anyway, I gotta get going.” Giving her sisters one more hug, Adagio made sure to doublecheck her weapons, and then slipping on her helmet, drove down the street, headed for work. About three blocks away, she saw a rainbow-haired girl and another girl jogging down the street and Adagio smiled to herself.

Looks like normal girls work out as well. Maybe I’m more normal than I thought.

“And so Shim-Sham Enterprises, LLC dba Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Company, agrees to these terms as outlined in the document and confirmed by the signatories below,” Shim read, setting the contract down in front of Adagio. “All you have to do is sign, and you should be good to go.”

“Additionally,” Sham added, “Here’s a work authorization form. We’ve already signed it, so all you have to do is just make sure your parents do.”

“Well…older sister, actually; I live with her.” A pause. “My parents are overseas, so Maddie’s keeping an eye on me.”

“That’s good to know,” Shim told her. “Anyway, here’s how things work: the laptop controls both climate control and the security cameras. We’re running it on a laptop right now because the computer we ordered from Dell is running behind schedule.”

“We put some games on the system,” Sham added helpfully, “and if you’ve got your own Steam account, feel free to install your own. We know how boring it can be down here.”

The rest of the time was spent looking around, checking the locks on the doors and other items on the checklist. The Mark Is were inspected to make sure nothing was left active, even though the main power units had been removed; and both sisters made sure the power was ongoing – Shim had explained that one of the problems the predecessor company had in its late years was a “power budget”, while Sham clarified that they had no such issue here – before handing Adagio the keys.


Finally, as the pair stood by the entrance with Adagio, Shim added, “Oh, and if you get hungry, we already have the pizza-making equipment installed, so feel free to make whatever you want, on the house.” They then went over to the kitchen and Shim explained the workings of all the equipment, as well as the refrigerators where everything was kept. “In fact, we made some pizza crusts earlier, so by all means, help yourself.”

“Honestly, if you even want to take some home, it’s a great way to get the business word out,” Sham added, “so don’t be afraid to do that, either. We’ll just chalk it up to stealth advertising.”

“Thanks. I’ve got it from here,” Adagio said, patting her sidearm. “Nobody’s going to break in while I’m around.”

“Good. We’ll see you tomorrow morning!” Shim said, while Sham mainly waved, before closing the restaurant’s front entrance. As the two girls walked to their car, Shim asked, “You think she’ll be okay?”

“Of course she’ll be!” Sham replied. “Did you see the gun on her side? She’s like, a super-secret agent or something. Like Ghost in the Shell!”

Shim facepalmed. “Sis? We really gotta do something about your anime watching. You’re losing your grip on reality.”

Some pushups and a quick jog around the building later, she still couldn’t shake the feeling that she was being watched. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to take off the sidearm I was wearing earlier, she admitted. Fortunately, she placed it in her backpack, which was back in the office; she could sprint there in a matter of seconds and be armed in no time flat. The thugs around here probably didn’t have her level of reflexes, so she could easily make it before they even drew on her.

As she stood up, she faced the stage and the three inactive Mark I automatons standing there. Though they were depowered, they were definitely ugly and hadn’t lasted the test of time; they were definitely due (in her opinion) to be replaced by the Mark IIIs.

Yeah, definitely creepy, she thought. Fortunately, they were nothing more than statues while the power modules were removed, and frankly she had bigger issues with potential gangbangers breaking in to steal something, or worse – like the FBI showing up on the doorstep to arrest her for being part of the SIRENs.

She shrugged. Can’t live my life on what could happen tomorrow, she thought to herself as her stomach growled. Well, Dagi, let’s see how good of a pizza maker you are. She then decided to make some for her sisters and their guardian; she was sure that Maddie liked pizzas. Well, I know Ari does, and so does Soni, her obsession with Mexican food notwithstanding.


She no sooner placed her double-pepperoni and sausage into the pizza oven, then the phone rang. Reaching for the phone on its cradle, she then answered with what she hoped was a friendly, “Hi, Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria! We’re not open right now, but stay tuned for our grand opening in September!”

“Hello? Hello hello?” What sounded like an older man said across the line, though the call sounded as though like there was a low signal. “If you can hear me – this is a bad connection – you’ve made a very poor career choice.”

Adagio’s eyes narrowed. “If you think you’re going to threaten me, whoever you are, you’ve got another thing coming,” she hissed.

“No, no, not that! I used to work at the original Freddy’s! Back in ’87! When the bite occurred! Oh, I spent a fortune trying to make sure that the company went under, and I thought when that guy in Kuala Lumpur bought it, I could rest easy! But no, now you’re in danger and you need to get out of there!”

“Look, I don’t know who you are or what your game is, but if you even think you’re going to sabotage my bossladies’ new business, you’ve got another thing coming, bucko!”

“Look, if you have any sense, you’ll get out of there before those monsters come alive! Listen: get into the office and lower the blast doors! There’s only enough electricity to use one at a time, so you’ll h—”

Adagio hung up on the man; obviously he was completely out of his mind and had no idea what he was talking about. So what if he worked for the old company? Shim and Sham seem very nice and they wouldn’t rip me off; they don’t have that kind of personality.

With that, Adagio went back to her dinner plans, never realizing the fact that if she’d just turned, she would’ve noticed the chicken automaton standing there, its eyes glowing a bloody red.

Finally, after another inspection of the locks on the windows and entrance, she then went down to the security office, noticing that both entrances to the room, strangely enough, were blast doors, just as the man had said. She wondered why that was…right until she noticed the safe at the far side, over by the table with boxes of memorabilia from the original chain. Well, that explains the blast doors; betting the man either didn’t realize that or it was just some ploy.

Seeing the time – seven in the evening – she set her alarm for midnight, just to make a patrol around that time. In the meanwhile, she’d study up on some of the duties of her real job – the one that involved spying on Mrs. Wintry Mix and her family.


Meanwhile, on the stage, in Pirate Cove and in the maintenance area, several automatons creaked to life, shuffling to their feet as if corpses newly given life. Artificial eyes glowing red, the various robots shambled, via instructions from who knew where and a power source that seemed to not exist, towards their target, sitting in the security office. It didn’t matter to the mechanical shapes that this wasn’t the same location they’d been in earlier, nor did it matter that decades had passed since their last event. What mattered was their unnatural programming, whether by electronic malfunction or something preternatural, bid them forward, ten mechanical nightmares reuniting at the stage. At midnight, they would attack and rend bloody murder.

The weathered brown bear, Freddy – the original, not the insultingly toylike one designed to replace him – looked at the Puppet and then pointed towards Pirate Cove, where Foxy dwelled. The Puppet seemed to understand what Freddy communicated and slunk off to meet with its fellow animatronic.

Soon the Office would be painted with blood.

Midnight came, and with that a very bored Adagio. She’d already watched the news, played more than a few rounds of Tetris and read up on the previous company history – apparently there were some legal issues involved due to unexplained injuries and a few murders at a prior location. From what she knew of civilian world, it was a sad fact of reality that lots of restaurant chains suffered this, so it must’ve been a truly heinous crime to have critically damaged the fortunes of the parent company and not just the individual restaurant.

Well, it’s midnight, time to check the cameras. Maintenance Room, check; stage, check – wait, is that chicken robot moving? Have to check that out later; could be a power fluctuation even though they’re not supposed to have power running, whatever. Kitchen, check; Office Hallway, check; Dining Areas 1 – 4, check; Arcade, check; Kids Kamp, check; Pirate Cove, ch—wait, that wasn’t open earlier. Her wariness kicking in, she opened up her backpack, pulling out her main 9mm semiautomatic, as well as a backup that she’d brought with her.

Slipping on her web belt, Adagio then did a quick diagnostic of everything, but couldn’t find signs of a break-in. That doesn’t mean nobody did it, she knew. Anyone could easily get into the HVAC vents; I know, because I had training on how to do that when I was eight. The gangs could easily have coerced – or even recruited – a kid into breaking in. However, the adults wouldn’t let the kid do the stealing; they’ll want the good stuff themselves. With that, Adagio went for her pistol the moment she heard footsteps rushing down the hallway towards the office.

Turning off the light, the moment the figure appeared silhouetted from the light and approaching the door, she nearly pulled the trigger until she saw the silhouette of a little boy. But then she heard something behind her coming from the other door, and turning she heard a scream as a white face with dark lines launched towards her. Instinct took over and she doubletapped, the tinny sound of her pistol barking. Without wasting time, she got up, estimated where the figure’s torso was and unloaded two more, just in case, then turned on the light to see—

—the Puppet automaton, laying there and leaking oil; she’d nailed both the head and the chest cleanly and likely hit two oil lines. As for the head, she’d blown off the mask completely apart, exposing part of the endoskeleton head, which had a hole that went all the way through. Strangely enough, the oil looked a little too much like blood, but it wasn’t anything Adagio hadn’t seen before. Must be a light weight of oil, Adagio observed, and that probably means I damaged this one beyond repair – good thing Shim and Sham ordered replacements.

But it was clear that whoever powered up the automaton clearly meant to spook Adagio, and that wouldn’t do; furthermore, there was a kid involved, and that meant that an innocent was in danger. Rushing down the hall into the main area, she brought out her other pistol and barked, “This is Security! You have one second to disarm before I open fire! Surrender the child and come out NOW!” To her surprise, however, there was no one coming out. Moving with stealthiness and surety, she checked each room before calling out, “And you better damn well not come back!”

Walking back to the Office, she was surprised to find a puddle of oil…but no Puppet. Her mouth turned into a grim line of anger. So that was their plan: sneak up on me, make me run around the building and then sneak off with one of the robots, since we have the junkers in the back room. She sighed; she was going to have to apologize to Shim and Sham on failing them, and it probably meant she would be fired.

And it’s a shame, too – I really like the pizza here, she sighed. Dejected, she headed back to the Office. She had paperwork to fill out, as well as the Sunnytown Police Department to call. She could only hope that they weren’t aware of her status as a SIREN, because that could be the biggest problem she had here.

On stage, three murderous animatronics looked at each other. If their eyes could express an emotion, said feeling was that of confusion. This was compounded by the sounds of the other animatronics, as they rushed back to the maintenance room as quickly as they could.

In Pirate Cove, Foxy reached over, yanking the curtains shut. At first, he’d been furious that Balloon Boy and Puppet had moved in first to attack the new meat even after Freddy had clearly indicated that Foxy had dibs, and not the clown and the midget. But after seeing what said “meat” did to Puppet, he was glad he hadn’t moved first. He might’ve ended up looking worse than Mangle, his Mark II counterpart.

Deep in the back of the restaurant’s maintenance room, a shattered puppet-like automaton hid for what it felt was its unnatural life, comforted by an equally-terrified Balloon Boy. The creature rubbed itself, occasionally uttering a mechanical sound somewhere between an undead child crying and a whimper.