• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 4,167 Views, 63 Comments

The Brony That Said No - The SideKick



"It's kinda mind blowing. I'm a brony and I told Princess Celestia no, I don't want to go to Equestria, when she came to me through the dimensional veil to offer me the chance."

  • ...
18
 63
 4,167

"No."

It was Friday evening when my life could have changed forever. I was getting off work and walking home, only living five minutes away from the local Burger King where I worked. It was a small town, surrounded by small forests most directions. So it wasn't unusual to see a cluster of random trees on the other side of road guards. It was from one of these clusters as I was about to hit an intersection that I heard someone calling for me.

"Excuse me, sir, I would like to speak with you."

I had known that this presumably female voice was talking to me seeing as there had been no one else on the street. While I was not inclined to go towards the woods with an unidentified voice coming from it, I had looked over in the girl's general direction. All I was able to see where trees and the tip of something yellow poking out from one of the closer ones.

"About what?"

The yellow thing shifted a bit, likely the tip of one of her shoes.

"About an offer regarding a very particular hobby of yours."

"Hobby? Do I know you? Are you a stalker?"

The girl had gone quiet for a moment before she talked to me again. In the time being I had worked my hand into my pocket and was getting ready to pull out my flip-knife. I've never used it before, and I had hoped that I still wouldn't have to.

"I'm not proud of this, but to make sure you were right for this offer I've, along with some others, have had to learn about you discreetly."

It was at that point I started to back up, gripping my knife, ready to whip it out at a second's notice.

"Look, whatever "Offer" you have for me I'm not interested, I REALLY don't like the idea of you spying on me. I don't want to see y-"

Just as I was about to finish up and turn around, probably even call the police, the girl stepped out from her hiding place. My first thought was that she was attacking so I had my knife out and was flipping the blade when my brain caught up with my eyes and what they were seeing.

Most people would be stunned by just seeing a winged, horned white horse clad in gold accessories. It didn't help my case that I knew exactly who she was.

Celestia smiled at me as gently as possible, probably trying to calm me down. She laid on her stomach and remained quiet, letting me try and grip things on my own terms. That process took about the next three hours, but she didn't know that. I had, in a shocked silence, walked over to the equine royalty, once I was about two feet from her I had sat down in front of her. She was silent the entire time, just letting me do as I wanted. I don't remember what happened to my knife, I didn't have it afterward. I think I dropped it after I realized who I was talking with. While I was still trying to get my head together Celestia had decided to speak again.

"I know you already know who I am, and as much as I regret what I had to do, I already know you, Mike. But proper introductions are always a good way to start off a proper conversation."

She then held out a hoof to me.

"I'm Princess Celestia of Equestria, and it is a pleasure to meet you."

It had only been because of my complete shock that my hand remained steady as I took her hoof in my hand and shook it loosely.

"M-Mike Connerson, good to meet you."

My hand stayed in the air for a moment as her hoof fell back to the ground. It had felt real, or at least what I thought Celestia in real life would feel like. Her fur was soft, and her gold shoes were more solid than anything fake I could think of, maybe it was a different kind of metal just made to look like gold. But by that point I was more than convinced that it was actually Princess Celestia I was talking to. Anyway, I finally put my hand back down when Celestia spoke up again.

"I know that you have many questions, and I'm prepared to answer all of them. Go ahead when you're ready."

And so then sitting before me was the source for all the answers bronies across the world could ever want. I could ask whatever I wanted. To kind of ease myself in and not seem like absolute nerd trash I went with a simpler question first.

"Um...How did you get here?"

Celestia shifted a bit to get more comfortable before answering me.

"That's a little complicated. As you know we already have a portal within a mirror leading to a world much similar to your own, but the occupants being humanized versions of Equestria's ponies. It was while my fellow princess Twilight Sparkle was doing experiments on the mirror, hoping to try and make it so not just anyone could go through it as to avoid accidental transportations, that she discovered other worlds alongside the two connected by the mirror."

I'm still not sure if I comprehend that explanation. I mean I get string theory...kinda, and that Twilight's messed with the portal before, but finding out Celestia and Equestria in general are real, finding out that an alicorn princess using magic/science on a magical portal built into a mirror found a way to make it so it leads to my world was a real thing that actually happened hurt my head, so I just let it go for the moment.

"I guess I get that...So then I think the next thing I want to know is how come this world? I mean, didn't you have like, any world you wanted to choose from?"

I've kept on about how it was a long time before I was able to come to terms with the whole event, but it was about then if I remember right that I started getting away from on the edge of having an asthma attack. My hands stopped shaking and I was able breath through my nose again.

"Not as many worlds as you might think. In fact, we only had three open to us. Yours, of course, the one I mentioned earlier that is similar to yours, and a third one that more closely mirrors mine, but with the forces that represent good and evil switched."

I've heard about that comic series, I've been meaning to read it but have been waiting to buy a physical copy. She means that strange backward world where evil ponies are good and vice-versa.

"As Twilight has already explored the other two, the only world left was this one. But as to why I am here rather than Twilight, the other two times were under conditions that were hard to control and make a proper introduction. With this one, we had some time to plan and think of how we might make contact. It was decided that the best idea would be to gather information before we do anything else, see how the beings living here would react to our presence."

So I was wondering now, how many others had they gone through before me? I mean I kinda figured they already knew about the brony thing, she did mention she wanted to talk about a particular hobby of mine. I couldn't imagine she was talking about my old Pokemon card collection gathering dust in my closet.

"What do you think about us? I mean...you look like you've had time to check us out. We don't come off too bad do we?"

My heart had started fluttering in nervousness, I didn't like the idea of possibly being the deciding factor in rather earth was ready or not for ponies. Nothing about the conversation should have made me think that way, but one of the most powerful figures from a fictional television show had come to talk to me about some kind of offer. I was inclined to think weirdly.

"You're a confusing kind to understand, I must say. I have seen a great deal of good and evil deeds in my observations. I won't go into great detail right now, just that while I'm not confident in making a full introduction yet, we are working on getting your people more open to the idea of visitors."

And so it came full circle if I'm using that phrase right.

"Does this have to do with the offer you said something about before?"

"Yes, it does."

I had unconsciously leaned forward a little bit. I was still on edge, but my excitement was giving it a good go for winning emotion. If Celestia had noticed, which I'm sure she did, she didn't say anything about it. She just crossed her hooves as she began explaining again.

"We are trying to get more of your people to subtly spread ideas such as other worlds and peacefully communicating with them, obliviously so that one day we might do just that. To do this Twilight, Luna, and I devised a plan to induct certain members of your society. This is when we discovered ones like you called "bronies"."

I was expecting it, but I still remember my heart hitching.

"It was a great surprise to find out that we were considered nothing more than a tale for children here. It was another when we found that despite its intended audience of little girls, there was a good percentage of older stalli-*ahem*-MEN that enjoyed the show just as much. We really weren't sure what to make of it all. The implications of how this world could now parallel to the others conjoined by the mirror where humongous. We did a great deal of research into this phenomenon but unfortunately couldn't find anything that could explain how we could appear in this world in this form, or how we could have such easy access to this world yet never have met before. With so little to go on we left that question for another time and wondered what we should do about contacting this world."

I think my heart stopped beating altogether because it had to of started melting when I saw the sad look Celestia face took on.

"I knew that simply revealing our existence would cause too many problems. Your religious and scientific kind would go into a frenzy, and then there would be those who would not care for us just for what we were. I dread to say that it looked nigh impossible to ever connect with this world as it was."

I've got to say, as a long time brony I had given these kinds of things thought and even realized that this might happen if it ever turned out to be real, but to actually hear it come out of Celestia's mouth nearly made me want to cry. The words "I'm sorry" were right at the tip of my tongue even though I knew it wasn't my fault or there was anything I could do about it. Can you blame me for being emotional? Thankfully I was able to hold it in and let her finish, but I guess it was still clear on my face how I felt because she was quick to console me.

"Don't feel bad, believe me when I say that my world is far from perfect as well. My little ponies are, much to my dismay, very xenophobic themselves. They are terrified of just about anything different to themselves. I know it's mostly my fault for protecting them too much, but I was very determined to make sure nothing terrible befalls them. Neither of our worlds is really ready, but with the possibility of them meeting more imminent than ever I'm inclined to try and get them ready."

She had then leaned in a bit herself, smiling again.

"And that's where our plan, which I'm inviting you to be a pat of, comes to play. We are researching and picking individuals to come and stay a week in Equestria. This is to slowly get ponies accustomed to humans while also allowing the humans in question a chance to get a true taste of Equestrian culture. After they have spent a week there they are to be sent back to earth to implant ideas for a positive change. Of course it would be awful to introduce someone to a way of living and not give them the chance to keep it. As a kind of middle ground we are making any that choose to be part of this wait at least a year before contacting them again at which point we make them another offer: Either they can stay here on earth and live their lives here as they were, or they may come back to Equestria and be made a legal citizen. We think it is a fair trade, as we are letting anyone freely chose to come, and should they want to stay after having a full years worth of time to think we will gladly set up proper housing and help them find a job to get started. It would only help strengthen the trust between humans and ponies."

It sounded like one of those things that had a LOT of paper work to it. I mean it would be totally worth it but still.

"We try and avoid picking bronies as it were. It would be of little use trying to have those who would readily pick our world over their own in this program of ours, but there are some special cases from time to time ."

I've gone on about how my brain and heart had been abused the entire time I had talked with Celestia, but it didn't take much beating of the mush that was now my brain to figure out where this was going on at that point.

"Mike Connerson, after carefully studying you we have discerned that despite your being a brony you are still of level enough head to clearly think and not let it influence your choices for the worse. What has made us chose you is the clear understanding of the message the show for which you adore so much. Even when you're angry and bitter you always put others before you, not letting the fear that normally forces your hand in personal matters stop you when you are needed. It is this compassionate side of humanity that we would like to introduce to Equestria. And of course all that we spoke of will be open to you should you accept."

Now I think I need to stop the backstory for a second. As you can likley tell Celestia did her homework and knew me pretty well, but you all don't. I'll try not to get into too many details, but here's what you should probably know. I'm mentally slower than normal. Make whatever "HAHA bronies ARE retards." jokes you want, but for me it's a very real problem I have to deal with. You see I have ADD (Attention deficit disorder) and it's caused me to have a lot of emotional problems as well. I was smart enough that special education was too easy for me, but formal education was just a little too much. It made it hard to place me somewhere (Because America hasn't got its educational programs figured out) and made me feel insecure.

I ended up being very withdrawn, always too scared of looking stupid to try and do much of anything. It only got worse as I started getting used to how I thought and figuring out my own way of learning, putting me above most of my other special ed classmates in a lot of ways, but still having a hard time explaining how I learned to my teachers. I do have friends though, which is where she got me being able to face my fears when someone needs me from. Well them and probably my family. I hated the idea of getting a job because I was so sure I would just mess up and get fired, but I sucked it up when my family needed the extra money. Again I won't go into details, but I guess I could name a few more examples if I needed to of sucking it up when I needed to.

Now let's get back to the main event shall we?

Ever pushed a machine so hard that it just stopped dead altogether? That's what must have happened to me as she kept on.

"So I ask, will you accept this offer and help build the bridge between our worlds a little more?"

I don't remember much outside of what I saw after she said that. I guess I just couldn't think for a while after she said it. I just remember her having a patient smile as I rebooted. When I could think again I asked her a question.

"Um...Do I have to answer right now, or can I have a moment?"

"By all means. And before I forget, if you agree I won't be whisking you off on the spot. I will give you three days to get ready before I return to pick you up. While I'm there I will also place a temporary spell on those who know you that will alter their memories of where you will be. You'll have say on what I change it to of course, I don't want you to think I'm doing anything I shouldn't."

I had just nodded my head before I put my brain into maximum overdrive. The first thing was to get all the excitement out of the way. It was hard but Celestia asked me because they believed I had a level head, so I was determined to give this some real thought and prove them right. Afterthoughts of hugging Applejack (*cough* BEST PONY *cough*) and learning how to play cello from Octavia were out of my head I thought over the pros and cons.

Let me tell you, I gave a good long time to thinking about this. I know you think it's kinda stupid that I'm dragging this out when it should have been obvious. Go to Equestria and live out all my dreams right? But...

I couldn't just leave. You see...God this is hard to write, but if you are gonna have any kind of understanding I need to. My dad isn't around, I'll leave it at that. And right before my little twin bros came along. Their eight now. To add on top of it my mom has gone through back surgery from a bad accident she went through. Shes fine, but she can't take any job that would require her to do manual labor, even standing up for extended periods of time. This puts my family in the awkward situation of me being the only one with a regular income. Now I'm not complaining, I'm happy at home. I also have a savings account for college. I should have enough by next year to cover most of the costs.

I'm kind of getting side tracked, but I hope you see my point. Even with the year back home I would be getting on with my life by then. If I take that week in Equestria though I know I couldn't stay here. I know I'd want to go back.

I had sat there for probably a good ten minutes thinking. I was scared to answer her, I knew what I wanted to say, but it was one of the most important questions I ever had to answer. I think it was just me, but it felt like a half hour had passed by the time I was ready to talk.

I had taken a deep breath to try, to no avail, calm my nerves and spoke.

"Princess Celestia, I am beyond honored that you picked me for this, but after some careful consideration, I have to say no."

Despite my discomfort at the moment, I forced myself to look her in the eyes. Rather to keep strong in my decision, or just to keep with general politeness, I don't know. She had seemed surprised, her eyes going slightly wide.

"Oh." Was the first thing that had come out of her mouth. It really didn't help my nerves.

"O-oh?"

"I'm just surprised is all. It's not that you're the first to say no, but rather you're being a brony and saying no."

I could have imagined, how many bronies would actually say no?

"To be honest you are the first brony we've chosen. By no means am I mad, but I was expecting you to immediately say yes. Especially with how much bronies seem dedicated to making it to Equestria."

"I know, but...Well, I already have a life here. And in a year I'll have more to do here than ever, plus my family still needs me, and my friends are here..."

I had to look away then, and probably thanks to watching too much anime, rubbed the back of my neck unconsciously.

"Even one week would be too much, I know I'd never want to leave."

I had cringed at the feeling of cold metal on my shoulder. I then snapped my head up to see Celestia had scooted closer and put her hoof on my shoulder.

"I understand. You're afraid of giving in to temptation. I know how hard it can be to resist such a glamorous offer, and I can respect your decision."

I think she was thinking of Luna giving into her jealousy, but I didn't say anything. Then a thought had popped into my head.

"Um, Celestia?"

"Yes, Mike?"

"Since I'm staying here does that mean that you have to...make me forget meeting you?"

"Oh no, that's not necessary at all. I know can trust you with this secret."

She then leaned in to whisper in my ear before my brain could catch up.

"Besides, who would believe you that the princess of an animated children's show came to whisk you off to another land, right?"

I was once again reduced to just nodding as Celestia started to stand up again, grinning the whole time.

"But you have made up your mind, and so I suppose that means I'm done here. Mind you I still expect you to try and spread the word still, subtly of course."

Not sure what to do I stood up as well. When I had gotten fully up right Celestia held out her hoof.

"It was nice to meet you Mike, and I do hope that you succeed in all your future endeavors."

I gripped her hoof, that being the second and last time I've touched a real pony since.

"Thank you."

It was the best I could come up with, and like many other things I wish I could have said more.

Celestia then just smiled, turned around, and walked off into the small patch of woods. It wasn't until I heard a faint whoosh and I think I saw a small flash of light that I turned away from where she had been. After that I just walked home, ate dinner with my family, and laid in bed until I fell asleep. The next morning I got up and got on my computer and began to write. And that's how I got here.

I don't know how much I've edited this yet, how much I remembered correctly, or if it was even really real. I just know that it happened, real or in my mind, and I needed to get it down in word form. I don't even know if anyone else is going to see this. If they did they would probably think I'm insane, or if they for some reason believe me, would yell at me for not taking the opportunity of a lifetime, and I can't blame them.

I couldn't stop thinking about it from the moment it was over. And I know it's going to be like that for a long time. I know on the best of days it will still nag at the back of my mind, and on the worst I will woe over how I should have taken the chance.

But I also know that I made my choice and that I'll get over it eventually. My only real regret is that I never got to tell Celestia what I was really thankful for. For thinking of me so highly, for even giving me the chance. My life might be different from now on, never being able to look at things the same again, but I feel more confident than ever in who I am.

In the end, I'm happy, and I guess that's the whole point of what I've been trying to say. No big revelations, no big events, just the fact that I'm happy. I hope that's not too disappointing. But anyway, I think that's everything I have to say, so this is the end. To all who might be reading this, thanks for making it to the end, and I hope you're happy as well.

Signed - Mike Connerson

Author's Note:

I AM ALIVE!!! And with my most recent project. I'm sorry I was gone for so long, but I just recently moved into a new place and I've just got settled in. But now with more free time on my hands I'll get more done. other wise I hope you enjoyed this little story. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 58 )

5685892 Being strong in your convictions doesn't make you, or me, a loser. So don't worry, be happy!:ajsmug:

I'd say yes, but not without saying my goodbyes and asking Celestia if I could be a changeling.

...That'd actually be a good topic for me to build a story on. :rainbowhuh: Too bad I'm already working on Time Vigilante and Champion of Equestria. Otherwise I'd do it.

I plan to go to collage for video broadcast production,

*college

Earth is my home, I also couldn't leave my family behind too. They mean a lot to me. If I went to Equestria, it would have to be only for vacation reasons.

Dude. Are you speaking out of your own personal thought or just from someone that you now? Because honestly I'm very curious as to who this person represents in your life.

An interesting story, but I don't think it addresses the most interesting aspect that it brings up nearly enough. You've introduced to Equestria the mother of all existential crises, and they're either intentionally ignoring it, have dealt with it way better than one would expect, or are blissfully ignorant that it's even something to be concerned about.

They are literally someone else's fiction. And they're aware of this! Of the four known worlds, you've acknowledged three are representative of the fictional creations found in the fourth. That fourth is not mirrored in any way in those first three. That would be an absolutely mind-blowing revelation; that you may be someone else's imagined creation. To know that you are not alone in existence is a staggering enough revelation. But to have your own autonomy, your own free will and very existence called into question by the discovery of that same Other is wholly something else again. It's like finding out that God is unaware He created the universe and is equally surprised when you show up and say hi. I mean, how do you deal with that? What lengths would you go to to test where their imagination ends and your own, independent existence beings? And what would you do if you found out it didn't exist at all? That has some truly frightening implications.

The story itself was fine. I just feel it's one of those rare instances that raises more interesting possibilities and questions than it acknowledges or answers.

Oh, an additional thought; this begs for a sequel.

Personally, I want to see what happens in a year from now. Mike said no; other did not. Don't forget that. In a year, probably a lot of them will be going back. You're going to have on your hands what's effectively a Brony Rapture movement. I would love to see Mike's thoughts on how the whole thing unfolds globally. Are these people viewed as insane? (Probably). Does he know they're right, and would he want to speak up and admit as much? (Maybe, maybe not.)

You sound like you're from the US; you know what christian fundamentalists sound like when they talk about being saved by the impending rapture and their absolute certainty about the date it's coming. You have the Brony equivalent of that here... except it's real, and Mike knows that.

So, again, I would love to see a sequel to this, one year hence, as Mike reflects on the impending Equestrian Rapture. What happened to him and the world over that past year? Does he regret his decision? Would he still go if offered? Can he still go? Was it all even real, or just some mass hallucination? And, best of all, what happens on the morning of, to those who are to be "saved" and the world's reaction to it?

Hell i go though only to spread the word of the god emperor of mankind. And also snuggle tavi and coco.

I would take the week vacation, but probably stop there. Maybe another week in a year or so, but I doubt I would want to live there permanently. Doesn't matter anyway.

First off, you don't need quotation marks in the story description for something that's purely narrative.

Hi, my names Mike Connerson.

Don't care, Mike! Plus you're missing an apostrophe.

I'm eight-teen years old

It's one word, no hyphen: "eighteen".

I've just graduated highschool

And yet in your years there, you didn't learn that "high school" is two words?

If your reading this then your most likely a brony too.

:facehoof: "Your" and "you're" are not the same word.

Was this written because of the latest EQD poll?

5688863 No, I just thought what would happen if a brony didn't agree to go to Equestria. Simple as that.

5688300 You're fluffing amazing!

5687510 I'll go over both your comments here. First, the idea of the story would have been bogged down if I had gone over the huge implications that it brought up. I felt it wouldn't work as well anyway since I was using a brony as the main character. He is already open to the idea of other worlds, wanting to go to Equestria as much as the next brony, but the focus of the story is that he didn't, obviously, so while I tried my best to put in what would only logical made sense, such as if Celestia knows he is a brony then of course she would know about the show, I didn't want to take away from the main topic of the whole thing. I thought I had also made it clear that afterwards he needed the time to collect himself before he could do anything, just going through the motions at home and laying in bed doing nothing.

Now about that sequel. I think it's a good idea, I might just make it. But I have other projects to come first, so it will take a while for me to get to it.

5687366 It's half and half, with many changes to the real parts for safety's sake.

Sorry, Celestia. You're cool and all, but there's just no way you can compete with working at Burger King.

Is it sad that the entire time I was reading this, all I could think about was how the main protagonist Mike Schmidt was about to kick the bucket as night guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria and Diner. Then I hid the end and found out that the main guy wasn't Mike Schmidt.

5689320 I wouldn't put any of my character's through that kind of torture.

5689737 Good on ya, cause I know if the story calls for it they will suffer until I can find a way around the rules and end the problem for them.

5689132
Fair enough. The story, as written, wouldn't have been a proper avenue to explore any of those questions anyways. It's just that those questions and dilemmas exist by implication within the universe the story sets up. Perhaps a different story for another time to look at that kind of thing.

Glad you like the idea for a sequel. I hope that you are able to get to it at some point. Far too often I see stories like this that raise interesting ideas, set up situations where the future payoff would be very fascinating to see, and then nothing happens. Like I said, I'd love to see Mike's reaction to sitting on the sidelines to the whole thing in a year, possibly wondering and regretting (and ultimately up to you deciding where he lands) about his possible role in the whole thing.

Ya know, awhile back there was this story that had Twilight saying no to Celestia to go save Equestria. I'm I the only one that thinks of that story when I look at this?

5690437
No, I loved that story and remember it to this day!

~Squiggle-Squiggle~

I'd think that with the level of surveillance that Celestia had on you, she probably already knows how you felt after the fact. I wonder that in her wisdom, Celestia knew some people would decline. Those people would help spread the word to others that would accept.

Oh shit... my thinking has turned this in to an "Optimalverse" story. (walking away)

5690615 What is the name of that story?
5690437 Where can I read that story?

Do you think that this counts as a brony in Equestria fanfic?

5701783 Since it toys with the human in Equestria itself I believe it fits somewhere in the realm, but since he never actually goes, it's not a real human in Equestria story.

5701944

I think it's called She Said No.

I'd probably also decline the offer.

Would you say yes if Celestia herself gave you the chance to live in Equestria as part of a plan to try and slowly begin bridging the gap between our worlds?

I come here to find pony fics, and instead I get an existential question that has launched me into deep thought. How dare you.

5702616 Technicly its both, so there.

5701776
'She said no'

~Squiggle-Squiggle~

5703338
Dammit, now I can't help but take a good, long look at my life, and weigh the pros and cons of going to Equestria if ever offered. Why did you do this to me!?!?!:raritydespair:
No, but seriously, nice one-shot. Definitely a good fic, and with a message (if you look at it that way.)

5778790 There's a message if you want there to be. Really it's a what if story for the sake of it's own self. If you find a deeper meaning in it than what I intended, that's great! Any decent work in any form of art will get people thinking, rather it's in line with what the creator meant it to say or not. So while to me the story has no real deeper meaning and was just a chance to explore this scenario it can mean so much more to you if you think there's more to it.

But whatever you think about, just thanks for reading and the positive words!

5702616 Ditto. I have three big reasons I'd say "no".
- Same as the story - I'd probably be torn between not getting to stay in Equestria and missing my own life.
- I'd probably have the responsibility of Earth's ambassador and I don't think I could handle that pressure, let alone do a good job.
- For a place of rainbows and unicorns, Equestria can be a pretty freakin dangerous place. Tornados are common occurances, animals like parasprites and hyrdas live close to cities, then every once in a while someone like Tirek comes along and targets every pony.

I'd probably stay for a weekend, but no longer.

By the way, Celestia saying "humongous" really kills the suspension of disbelief.

5794778 What, you think Celestia is some snob that's above using silly words like humongous? If anything I'd think that if she wasn't tied to her duty as princess she would be like some weird calm version of Pinkie Pie. Still acting silly and stuff, just not as bombastically and loud as Pinkie.

5778790 Um...I just realized that I mistook your for a different user. Your name is very similar to theirs, so I sent you a wall of text based off my thoughts meant for someone else. Sorry about that.:twilightblush:

5795774
Meh, no skin off my bones, so don't sweat it.

3 words.
Miss, my, Family,

5929460 I'm a bad person for this, but I would go if I was sure my family didn't need me. I won't say here, but there would be something very specific I would look for if I ever went, and the drive to find it would make me go should no one I cared about suffer greatly with me gone. I know it sounds terrible that I would choose to leave them, but I can't help what I want. All I can hope for is that it would have been worth it and that I could redeem myself at some point afterwards.

...I have some deep thinking to do :moustache:

Nice story/log though :ajsmug:

I'll admit that this certainly deviates from the normal 'Brony accepts offer' story, even if it was a temporary visit. I like how you portray your internal thoughts without going on a full tangent and I honestly enjoyed it.

As for me, I'd say no as well though not before pointing Celestia in the direction of a few brony friends who really want to go there. As for whether she takes them or not, that's her call.

I imagine moving to Equestria is much similar to moving to another country. How many of you have done this?

id also say YES there and then that is IF i dont have certain responsibilities for my family:yay:

In the heat of them moment, I think most bronies would hesitate for only a few seconds before deciding they wanted to go. For others like myself, it's a much more conflicting decision. One the one end, you get to go to one of the most peaceful universes out there. On the other, there's no real guarantee your friends or family will meet whatever requirements might be met. Even then, who says that they'd want to go in the first place? Personally, I think I'd go. It's a fresh start, and it seems like you're completely allowed to give a goodbye to those you love before you go.

7823428

I respect and understand your choice, but-

one of the most peaceful universes

Lol.

Login or register to comment