• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 9,457 Views, 248 Comments

My Girlfriend is a Siren - pjabrony



Three new girls in school. Ask one on a date. But what happened in her last school and where is Canterlot High anyway?

  • ...
30
 248
 9,457

Epilogue: Tacos Served on a Silver Platter

In the morning I woke up before Sonata. She had thoughtfully stocked the bathroom with a guest set of everything, so I could look presentable even if I had to wear the same clothes two days in a row. I texted my parents that I was OK and coming home soon, and that nothing bad had happened to me.

She got up and we had a good-morning kiss, then we agreed that I should go home so she could deal with Aria and Adagio. With me gone there was no possibility of a repeat of the day before. Driving home I tried to get my head around all that had occurred, but I knew that it would affect me for the rest of my life. I just didn’t realize how much until Monday.

Sonata strutted into the lunchroom in a new outfit. It was still faux-gothic, but much more high scale and probably bearing the name of some designer I’d never heard of. She didn’t get in line but came right over to me and sat down.

“So here’s what I figured out over the weekend,” she said. “I’m leaving the school. I have no need to get the diploma to get a job out there. I can get enough money to live on using my powers, and I intend to. Like Adagio said, we do have only a short life, so I want to have the best time possible. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to learn; I’m awfully ignorant. But I don’t want to be here trying to get grades and learning with a bunch of other people. I hope that you’ll become my teacher.

“I also want you to move in with me. Finish school if you want, but then come live with me. I’ll take care of us financially and we can learn together and be a family. You see, Chip, I love you.”

“I don’t suppose I have a choice.”

“Yes, you do. Now, at least. If you say no, I hope you’ll keep enough feeling for me to let me use my power, but if not that’s my problem. Or, maybe I don’t need it and I’ll keep them anyway. I don’t know enough.”

I realized that we were having this very personal conversation in full view of dozens of students, but she didn’t seem to care. “Sonata, I love you too. But at the same time, we’re just kids. Even if you’re a thousand-year-old kid. I don’t know that we’ll stay in love.”

She smiled. “If you don’t say no now, I’ll ensure you stay in love with me. And I’d never be so cruel as to let you down.”

“And the other two?”

“I’ll support them too, but I’ve forbidden them from doing anything to hurt people. Who knows, they might even find someone for themselves and regain their voices that way.”

I needed to think about it. If I said yes, I was setting the course of my life. If I said no, I would be free, I hoped. Sonata didn’t seem to be the type to take petty revenge, but I couldn’t be sure. Everything had happened so fast, but so much had happened.

I realized how much our positions had reversed. I had been prepared to take the lead in the relationship, to help her out when I thought she didn’t have a home. Now it was she who would be the head of the household.

Well, what was wrong with that? Did every relationship have to be about two people pretending to be equals when one was a better leader and one a better follower? We were breaking the rules of logic with Sonata’s magic; we could easily break the rules of modern relationships.

“Sonata Dusk, I love you and I would be happy to move in with you.”

That was two years ago now. The most awkward part was watching Sonata come to my home and brainwash my family to not think it was weird that we would be living with no visible means of support. After a year in the apartment, we bought a house in a fashionable suburb a few miles away. We have pleasant neighbors and summer barbecues and with the exception of our youth we seem like every other couple on the block.

A few months prior, Sonata decided that she wanted children, and I thought it was a good idea too, but where we were living it would be awkward for an unmarried couple, so we planned a wedding. Aria and Adagio were invited, but fortunately they didn’t cause any problems. They’re still in the apartment complex, but Aria moved into our old place so they each have their own. Sonata didn’t mind, and we acquired enough money that we could invest it and have legitimate income.

The wedding was a beautiful affair. I did my best to look good in a tuxedo and say my words at the right time. Everyone cheered and had a good time, and we got more than one compliment on the innovative idea to have the cocktail hour be Mexican food.

But this is going to be it for me. Pleasant suburban life. Like Sonata, I only have so many years left, and it doesn’t bother me too much. Nothing really does, only one thing. Soon, she will have our first child. And if our children learn to sing, will they…?

Comments ( 59 )

I liked it. Bit weak end in my opinion but definetly worth the read

Sonata has a little bit of a dominatrix vibe.

i have to agree. weak end. you were rushing it too much. it had so much potential

interesting marrage ..that was fast but the epiloge ive read are all like that

Meh. It was okay at first... But the story ended when Sonata gained her powers back.
I wish she didn't, really. At least there was conflict and the characters were still relevant. I was hoping that the guy was humoring her. But no. She did have her power back... and immediately started abusing the hell out of it.

It wasnt interesting once she started using it. It was boring when the other girls just got their powers back effortlessly afterwards too.

Sonata got inexplicably smarter with her power gain, going through a lot of loops to get unlimited money with no way to trace it back to her.. and being very, very overt and wastefull with it. Making a ton of people her servants. A bit of a stretch for someone who was a bit of a taco-loving ditz just moments prior. There should have been consequences to that spending-spree (banks got many safeguards, especially when its a ton of moneys just vanishing into thin air but they got the numbers and names to see something is up) but it never happen, or she just mind-raped them away, i guess.

And she own the guy. The mind-rape is completely effective on him. Because of that, since the moment she sang her first order, he didn't matter anymore. He was just an extension of Sonata's will.

Im really not sure if i was supposed to sympathize with her, thinking her to be a well-meaning but naive/misguided protagonist... or it was the story of how a guy fell fully into a siren's trap, being "happy" and "supportive" and "loving". And she was very effective with that plan, covering her tacks and closing possible loopholes too..

I’m awfully ignorant.

is an obvious lie considering how effective she is with stuff she had no clue about.

The more i think about it, the more it feels like the trap thing. He's "happy", the same way the The Stepford Wives were happy.

All in all, im confused and conflicted. The first half of the story was interesting, the second half was dull because of the power nullify all problems and creepy because Sonata clearly love her mind-raping.

5245821

Ah, it's always nice to find someone who is thinking exactly what I am! Then I don't have to be the one to type it all!

I've worked at a bank, even screwing with people's minds wouldn't be enough to keep you safe. People would find out. You would never be safe. You could never live out in the open doing something like that.

That and she's brainwashing her boyfriend to like her and do what she wants? How does he even know that's what he really wants?

"Well, what was wrong with that? Did every relationship have to be about two people pretending to be equals when one was a better leader and one a better follower?" No, but you should always be able to choose who you follow. And I for one, personally, would never stand to be anything less than an equal to my significant other.

5245708 That may be the point, really.

Holy fuck. I just figured it out.

His mind is still rationalizing for him, to make him believe that he's happy. It's why he was fine with her hypnotizing his parents, it's why he "enjoys" getting his free will taken away. She is indirectly making him less willing to resist.

I really hope that's what you were going for, because otherwise the protagonist is very very weird and borderline insane. That theory being said, it doesn't excuse the weak ending.

Felt a bit rushed at the end, but I see you took my advised an read some of my recommended stories. I not well paced, then well excicuted. Keep up the good work, I exspect great things in your future

Nice story. I wonder what name their first child would have? Hmmmmm
In my suggestion it would be:
If filly/girl: Melody
If colt/boy: Beat

Hope you like my suggestions! :twilightsmile:

5245814 Calling it Stockholm Syndrome sounds to be a bit of a stretch for me, but yeah, we'll call it that. You know, in speculation, this story may have accidentally brought in some pretty dark lines of thought about free will and what this "love" is supposed to be. Honestly, I commend the author for taking time into sharing a story with us, but the story itself? It doesn't all that exactly complimented its genre. Loosely it did, at least.

5245926 Thank you! Someone got it. That's why I wrote it in the first person, so that he would take you through all the rationalization.

5246049
Dayum, that is pretty crafty of you. I'm not sure how to feel about this predicament.

I'm not gonna lie; I wouldn't mind that kind of easy life myself, especially if it's with Sonata :rainbowkiss:

Parenthood's a different concern, though...

wens the Sequels:rainbowderp:

You...bastard
That's not an ending, That's an ending at all.
You're holdin' out on me, man! I know you got the stuff and you're keepin' it from me! I want it! I got the shakes, man, I got 'em bad!
SATISFY MY NEED TO READ, YOU FUCK!

...Ahem, on a more professional level. Is there a word greater than "love" in terms of one praising something? If there is, I feel that about this story.

5246049
Ah good. I was hoping this was the cannon answer. Otherwise, well, the protag has some issues. Plus this leaves the story in a nice moral grey area that raises though provoking questions and what not.

I don’t know that we’ll stay in love.”

Whoa. That's a first. I like it.

I needed to think about it. If I said yes, I was setting the course of my life. If I said no, I would be free, I hoped. Sonata didn’t seem to be the type to take petty revenge, but I couldn’t be sure. Everything had happened so fast, but so much had happened.

For my sanity, I'm done reading at this line.

You don't even know how I feel right now and I DO NOT WANT THIS TO END for either of them. Regardless of Chip's decision, I respect it, and I respect you as a writer.
Thanks, but I'm leaving early. You've earned a new follower.

5246668 It's killing me to do this, by the way. It really is, but I caught feelings and it got real. :fluttercry:

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed this story up until the last chapter and the epilogue.

The entire conflict with the other girls just seemed way too fast all of the sudden, and resolved pretty quick in fact.

And the epilogue was honestly one of the fastest paced chapters I've read in some time.

It was literally "this happened, then this happened, after that we did this."

There wasn't time to really even take In what was bein done everytime since it just jumped to another event so quick.

Overall not a bad read, but unfortunately just won't be one I will read often or ever.

Well, that was... Comparably short, but still entertaining.

I'm a little divided on having the end be sorta like a montage, but it still got the intention across.

I can only hope for a sequel

well, that was short, but sweet

well, that was creepy, and unsatisfying

5246049 so Sonata is using human puppets, including her children, to act out a life that she can enjoy? well that's fucked. Was kindda hoping Chip would spite the dazzlings by leaving Sonata with nothing, maybe ending with a not so subtle message that if you try to bleed the world for all its worth it will leave drained with jack shit to show for it.
the ending we got makes me physically ANGRY!
First half was pure gold shot straight in my veins though.

I liked how absolutely unsettling it was each time Chip started rationalizing commands given to him. This story seems to have gone into psychological horror near the end instead of a simple wish-fulfillment waifu dating story it originally looked like, and my respect for you for accomplishing that is through the roof. Great job!

Fridge Horror! :)

I enjoyed my self reading this really :twilightsmile: Yeah, I do agree with some of the underlining message that our main character is being controlled by Sonata...but I didn't really have an issue with that really. I don't really want to go any deeper into this fic because if I do it just might compel me to write a short essay and by short essay it would be like 11 pages long. Well anyway I hope we get and In between story for this FIc title something like My Wife is a Siren or a story about there love life (sex life). Well over all good fic. Hoping for more Sonata Romance Fic's

I caved and finished it. To be honest, I was right in believing that I could have gone without the ending because it felt a bit rushed. However I would like to offer an alternative ending. My creativity isn't at its highest today, so I'll just give the notes.

That was two years ago today. I'm completely satisfied and happy with my new life. Nothing could go wrong and nothing has gone wrong. It's almost as if I'm living a dream. Sonata brainwashed my parents so they would let me move out early and now I'm living every adolescent boy's dream. Now that I think of it, it really doesn't feel real anymore. Some things are just so perfect that I have to question reality altogether, but the best part of all this is that I don't care. Even if this wasn't real, it was a life worth living. It's not like the alternative is much better. When I think hard enough, the last time I can imagine any despair is when Aria tried to brainwash me. It felt like something went wrong in my mind that I couldn't fix. It was like I couldn't accept their world as reality, so I substituted it with my own. Siren magic can do that, can't it? It doesn't matter. I'm happy with Sonata now.

Basically a dark take on the possibility that his mind couldn't handle the dual-assault from Aria and Sonata, so seeing it as the reasonable thing to do, Sonata let his final rest be peaceful instead of tormented.

As I said before, this is a great story and I'm happy with the way things turned out, even if it could have ended better.

One of the best parts of this was the light atmosphere about Sonata not wanting to sleep alone. It wasn't overplayed in Chip's mind because it wasn't in the gutter, and afterward, it didn't get undeserved attention. It was intimate, yet held off and that was good.

5246049 if there is a sequel I will be very, VERY disappointed if it's not called "my wife is a siren" LOLZ

He needs to start thinking in math. No way to rationalize that! I can't tell if he actually cares about her or if she's making him care... a little bit creepy. I don't think it was a weak ending, just one some readers may not quite understand. If you were to hint a little more that he isn't in control anymore, I think it would hit hard as scary.

Thank you for making this.

Such an amazing tale!

I'm more than a bit iffy on the ending. 7/10 overall

nice :heart:
ps. will you do side stories about Aria and Adagio?

I swear this is the best siren story yet. Way to go, favourited

I have to say, this was a good story. Especially since you didn't have much to work with personality wise with the sirens.

Good night.

Not a bad story, as you probably saw it's on one of my shelves.
The end was a little rushed but not as bad as others I've seen.
There was a lot of interesting concepts that I would like to explore but I have to get up for work tomorrow.
So, Good piece and thanks for writing it.

Good luck in the future.

Please tell me your gonna write a sequel

My Wife Is A Siren, maybe?

Sonata best mlp villain ever

5260496 I do not, at present, have plans for a sequel. If I did, I would call it "My Bride is a Siren" for the anime reference.

5261078

Ahhh but the story was so good!

Great story, though though there are problems that will make me knock back a few grades.

1st: The ending feels more like a list of cliff notes than satisfying conclusion. Besides, with a story this good we don't need a "Where they are now" ending. All we need to know now, is that they're in love. Just like the watermelon ending of Ico, or the end of The Endless Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as reviewed by FilmMasterAdam.

2nd: All these references to modern musical culture feel very out of place in this story. The way I see it this isn't so much planet Earth as it is an alternate Equestria, which leads into...

3rd: Why does the main character find the names weird? If this world has the names Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Sunset Shimmer, this shouldn't be unusual for Chip, as in like Chocolate Chip, or something.

4th: The spelling in the fourth chapter, nothing major.

Overall, potential for greatness, but needs a bit more polish.

3/5

Pleasant suburban life.

This line made me think of this:

Well I married my dream girl, I married my dream girl, but she didnt tell me that her credit was. Now instead of living in the pleasant suburds, we're living in the basement of her mom and dad's (free credit score song)

I liked this, alot. The ending was a bit fast.

Cutest fic I've read in a long time. Thank you author person. You're awesomr!!

That was a great story! I'm kinda sad it's over, it was a good read. This shall receive a favorite :twilightsmile:

5335269

Thank you! I don't consider this my best work, but at least I'll have something to look at when I want an example of something I've written well.

I feel a song coming on...

:pinkiecrazy:

That was great I really enjoyed reading it. The end felt a bit weak but apart from that it was great. Well done.

Login or register to comment