• Published 11th May 2014
  • 7,827 Views, 90 Comments

Spending the Night at Fluttershy's - Admiral Biscuit



You've been pursuing Fluttershy almost as long as you've been in Equestria. Finally, after a dinner date, she invites you to her cottage.

  • ...
12
 90
 7,827

The Best Night Ever?

Spending the Night at Fluttershy's
Admiral Biscuit
5-11-14

“Would . . . would you like to come home with me?”

Your whole body clenches up. For a moment, you think that you might be having a heart attack, or a stroke. Maybe both together, if that's even possible.

You look dumbly at the demure yellow pegasus seated across the table from you. Already, she's beginning to retreat behind her gorgeous pink bangs, no doubt kicking herself for going too far.

You try to reply, but you can't seem to form words. Your brain has bluescreened; you might even be drooling. But she's waiting for a response . . . you finally manage to force your head to bob up and down, then squeak out “Yes.”

Her whole face lights up, and you find yourself struggling to catch a breath as she flashes her cutest diabetes-inducing smile at you.

You hastily pay for dinner, briefly considering the benefits of simply leaving your entire bag of bits on the table so you don't have to fumble with counting it out. How ponies can manage to do this with hooves is beyond you. You're pretty sure even Winona is better at sorting Equestrian coinage.

“Lead the way, m'lady,” you say, holding the restaurant door open for her. She nods resolutely and steps out into the street with you walking just off to her side. Your right hand is swinging so close to her back, and before you can consider the appropriateness of your action, you rest it lightly at the nape of her neck, between her shoulder blades or whatever those are called on a pony. She tenses, but doesn't ask you to move your hand.

Getting to Equestria was a dream come true. Yes, there were some hard adjustments to be made. All the technology you'd come to depend on now was no longer part of your life. You still have your iPhone, but unless you can find a charging cord and an outlet, it is a useless brick. As much as it pains you to admit, you'd cried when it powered down for the last time. The only reason you're holding on to it at all is as a reminder of what once was.

None of that stuff matters, though. No use dwelling on the past.

You'd been pleased to find that the ponies were just as friendly and welcoming as they were on the show, and you were able to find gainful employment doing all sorts of things with your hands that ponies couldn't easily do. Turns out, that wasn't much, but it was enough to keep a roof over your head. Literally over—you live in Berry Punch's attic while you save up your bits for a place of your own.

Fluttershy brushes a wing against your thigh affectionately. You look up to see that you're crossing the little bridge that leads to her cottage.

Fluttershy won't be the first; that honor went to Berry Punch—a wild, alcohol-fueled night ended in some interesting experimentation. By mutual agreement, both of you vowed never to speak of it again, but it had resulted in you asking Twilight about interspecies relationships.

She said, quite simply, that nopony cared what two creatures did in the privacy of their own homes, and offered Spike and Rarity as an example.

“What about physical intimacy?” you'd hesitantly asked.

“Sex?” She grinned at your embarrassed blush. “Love will find a way—it always does.”

As far as you were concerned, that was an invitation to pursue Best Pony: Fluttershy. It had been slow going at first, but it turned out that her natural timidness was countered by her curiosity about you. You should have expected that; didn't she obsess over Spike when he first came to Ponyville?

Fluttershy pushes open the door of her cottage and shows you inside. Unsurprisingly, it looks exactly the same as it does in the show. What the show failed to convey about her cottage was the odor. It stands to reason; you see dozens of birdhouses, bolt-holes for mice, food dishes, litter boxes . . . in short, it looks and smells very much like the back room at PetSmart.

You can deal with a little smell, though. You're with the mare of your dreams, and if you have to breathe through your mouth, it's still worth it. You sink into her couch, and once she closes the door, she goes to a cupboard and takes out a large bottle of red wine.

The evening passes in a blur as the two of you sit side by side. It begins with drinking and talking, slowly segueing into drinking and petting, and then kissing and fondling. While it's not quite clear what pony second base is, you're fairly certain you've gotten there. Fluttershy is sitting on your lap, and it's pretty obvious what she wants. Good thing it's the same thing you want.

You hope the ritual here is the same as on Earth. You fake a yawn. “Boy, I sure am tired. I should—“

She looks up at you with her big teal eyes. “You're in no condition to go home, mister. But, um, you can stay here. If that's okay with you.”

Of course it's okay. It's better than okay. It's fantastic. “I don't want to be a bother,” you lie.

“Oh, um, it's no trouble.” She winks coyly. “Just up the stairs—you can't miss the bed. I have to bank the fire, and then I'll come up.”

You float up the stairs on a cloud. This is your every fantasy about to come true. You're sure that neither you nor Fluttershy are going to get any sleep.

Too many of the fans figured she'd be shy about sex, you think as you pull off your shirt. But she takes care of animals, and all that animals do is eat, sleep, poop, and fuck. She's got to know all about it. You kick off your shoes and socks, then gingerly slide your pants past your raging enthusiasm.

You hesitate by the bed for a moment, listening to her happily humming downstairs. Back on earth, you'd leave your boxers on, but here . . . even if you somehow totally misunderstand Fluttershy's intentions, she'll believe you normally sleep nude. Everypony here does.

The boxers join the pile of clothes on the floor, and you sit on the bed just as you hear her hooves on the stairs. You pull the covers back, debating how much of yourself you want to obscure, but decades of modesty intervene, and you scoot into bed and under the blankets just as Fluttershy enters the room, a blissful expression on her face.

You're so distracted by her that you don't notice as your feet hit an unexpected obstacle in the bed. She turns away from you to extinguish the lamp, and your eyes are drawn to the perfect curves of her rump and the light pink of her is there something crawling on your leg?

You try to get your mind back in the game, but there is undoubtedly, unmistakably something scaly slithering across your foot and up your leg. Your formerly proud tumescence shrivels and wilts as your brain processes that there are snakes, snakes, snakes in the bed and they're all over you, and you're bolting out of bed and frantically trying to brush them off all while shrieking like a little girl.

“They were cold,” Fluttershy says defensively. “And they hardly take up any space . . . I didn't think you'd mind. . . .”

And that's how you didn't have sex with Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

The inspiration for this story came from a conversation I had with one of my followers:

AB: Ya know, despite all the wish-fulfilment fics, I can't imagine that spending the night at Fluttershy's cottage would be a good idea.
S: You indirectly bring up an excellent point: there'd be quite the nocturnal ruckus.  Fluttershy must have a hermetically sealed bedroom.
AB: She probably doesn't care at all.  I can just imagine the scene where our lucky protagonist (written in second person, naturally) finally manages to convince Fluttershy to let him come home with her, then convinces her to let him up to her bedroom.
While she's getting ready for bed, he slips out of his clothes, and slides below the covers, his mind focused on how lucky he is.  His feet brush against a pile of snakes. . . .

Comments ( 90 )

Obviously he doesn't love Fluttershy enough. Snakes are just one of many things you have to deal with in that kind of relationship with her.

Loved it. Well done. :moustache:

The right answer is, "No, I don't mind really, but couldn't they get hurt if we get a little too frisky tonight? I mean you are worth waiting for if you just want to cuddle tonight, but I wouldn't want to put any of our animals at risk by our actions."

4371730
Yes, he should have seen that coming. I've never seen another story that takes this aspect of Fluttershy's character into account.

The right answer is, "No, I don't mind really, but couldn't they get hurt if we get a little too frisky tonight?

While I have no personal experience with finding snakes in the bed, I figure that our protagonist isn't thinking too clearly right now.

4371782

Actually the KEY word in my response was "our animals." That is the kind of thing you need to slip in there if you want that permanent Fluttershy relationship.

"M'lady"


Subtle.

I love snakes! I would have no problem with that!

4371886
Yeah, that's a good point. One doesn't get Fiona without also getting Donkey (okay, maybe that was a bad example).

4371930
I'd say that.

4372031
I like snakes, but not enough to want to share a bed with them. :derpytongue2:

I wonder how often that happens to her. That can't be the first time she was cock-blocked by some sort of creepy crawly.

XD XD XD goes up to the bedroom like "oh yeah lets get some!" and then it just turns into "AW HAIL NAW I AIN'T SLEEPIN IN DAT BED!"

Poor fluttershy.....

And this scene translates into the perfect, horribly cheesy pickup line.

"You know... There's one more snake that's not feeling warm enough right now."

:rainbowlaugh:

Fluttershy's love for icky creepy-crawlies really needs to get more attention, you know? It's a bit of her personality that goes beyond 'is shy, if that's okay with you'.

4372402
Said snake has already retreated back into his den, if you know what I mean.

4372446
I know! It's a major part of her personality, yet it's hardly ever used in stories. Most writers seem to focus on her shyness to the exclusion of all other personality traits, but that's the same as keeping Dash's brashness while skipping her love of flight.

Admiral... this story... oh man...

First off... or should I say second... person. Seriously?

imageshack.com/a/img254/6037/twifacehoof.gif

I can only recall one 2nd person story I ever liked, and this was because the awesomeness of the story overshadowed the crappiness of reading the word 'you' in every sentence.

Second, I'm assuming this fic is not necessarily serious and that it's shameless wish fullfillment, even if it doesn't get fullfilled (actually it does, this guy already fucked Berry Punch), it still reads like it is. And if that isn't bad enough by itself, this 'you' person comes off as a cliche brony. I'm actually understating that, let me rephrase: this guy absolutely REEKS of neckbeard. I mean, hell everyone writes fics with bronies, even me. But this guy... when he said “Lead the way, m'lady” all I could think of when he said that was this guy:
i.imgur.com/mgxVih6.png
And this horrible gif:
24.media.tumblr.com/bd106d5dec1fd47bd743368f0afc9280/tumblr_n1tdncB4jY1syqltto1_500.gif

I suppose this story has a couple of saving graces. First one, which honestly made me smile, was acknowledging that Fluttershy has a hearth to tend:

I have to bank the fire, and then I'll come up.

Which is great, a shoutout to my story I'm assuming. That, and the final 'punchline' of the story was kinda funny, I do imagine she'd have animals just freaking everywhere. (Hoarder, much?) So you get a thumb up for that.

4372402 Make that: "You know... There's one more snake that could use a little warming up, if ya know what I mean."
4371930 Yeah.

4373025

I can only recall one 2nd person story I ever liked, and this was because the awesomeness of the story overshadowed the crappiness of reading the word 'you' in every sentence.

This--and pretty much everything else you said--was exactly the point. :pinkiehappy: I'm also not a fan of second-person wish-fulfillment fics, and have no intention of writing anything meant to be taken seriously in second-person. The main character was meant to be cliched, the same protagonist as is in nearly every other second-person story.
(I did a similar thing in Scootaloo Finds a Truck in the Everfree Forest and Accidentally Runs Over a Red-Maned Black-Coated Alicorn in Front of the Ponyville Hospital--it's all bad second-person wish-fulfillment with a twist at the end).

Also, I'm not sure that a night of drunken debauchery with Berry Punch is something to wish for. I suppose it depends on how desperate one is.

Which is great, a shoutout to my story I'm assuming.

It wasn't specifically, but every time I describe anything In Fluttershy's cottage, I can't help but remember that Fluttershy doesn't have a kitchen.:pinkiehappy:

4373128

It wasn't specifically, but every time I describe anything In Fluttershy's cottage, I can't help but remember that Fluttershy doesn't have a kitchen.:pinkiehappy:

:pinkiehappy:

Take it from someone who went to an all boys boarding school: More than 5 snakes in a bed at any one time is just weird. :pinkiehappy::moustache:

I spent half an hour to recall from where else I remember "something something m'lady"...
"But of course my lady..." Lord of the Rings parody with Jack Black:
Full screen direct link
[youtube=do9xPQHI9G0]

As far as you were concerned, that was an invitation to pursue Best Pony: Fluttershy.

Welp, let's fire up the heretic-burning torches. OBVIOUSLY RANBOW DASH IS BEST PONEH!!!!11!1:flutterrage::flutterrage::twilightangry2::trollestia:

All kidding aside, this was a cute story. Short, sweet, and just the right sprinkling of humor at the end.

Just realized I forgot to like/favorite. Fixed! :pinkiehappy:

Now this is an aspect of Flutter fics that isn't often explored. :rainbowlaugh:

4374091
I think that any number of snakes in the bed are too many (and a mood killer), but I'll bow to your superior experience in these matters.:pinkiehappy:

4374098
Hmm, I just picked it up from, like, fifteen years of SCA and twenty years off-and-on of Renaissance festivals and pirate shows.

4374266

OBVIOUSLY RANBOW DASH IS BEST PONEH

You misspelled Rarity.:raritywink:

4376242
I know! It totally should be!

4378772
Hmm, I don't speak Italian. Google translate tells me it means "and this."

4378873 I asked if this is clop.

4378883
Ah! No, it is in no way clop. I don't write clop on this account.

I love people who do this. People who write things like this, with all elements of a Clopfic [that I can think of] and then turn it into something waaay different.
Awesome work there, bro

4379351
Oh, your avatar fits your comment so perfectly.:pinkiehappy:

4379817
Thank you! I have achieved my goal. :pinkiehappy:

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ I WAS THIS CLOSE!!

So having sex with Fluttershy after brushing the snakes off was just never an option?

Excuse me. I need to go find the lung I launched across the room in a laughing fit.

4385418

If you can keep your enthusiasm (so to speak) after sticking your feet into a nest of snakes, you're a better man than I.

4385750
Lungs are very important to have. I hope you find it.:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment