• Published 1st May 2014
  • 5,454 Views, 128 Comments

Megatron Takes Equestria - Synthetic Soul

  • ...
11
 128
 5,454

Chapter 15: Two of a Kind

Twenty-Four Hours before the attack on Las Pegasus

High in the sky, concealed by the cloud layer, a large dragon flew through the air. Mounted on its back was a troop transport, carrying Megatron and a small battalion of soldiers and followers. Among them were his aid, Grey Shine and his guard Silver Wing.

Megatron stood at the front, feeling the wind blow across his fur. It was such a different feeling compared to when he flew as a Cybertronian. Everything felt different. Every one of his senses, was different. Breathing in air, the softness of his flesh, the moisture in his mouth, all of it was completely alien to him. Eating, drinking something other than Energon, it all put him out of his comfort zone, which was a feat in itself.

Of course, Megatron enjoyed the power, and newfound abilities that this magic had provided him, but he longed for the return to his rightful form. To Megatron, organic live was disgusting, and a perversion of the natural order. To be one of those abominations sickened him. To ally himself with, and to be somewhat dependent on them, enraged him. It was a disgrace. But he would continue to endure this humiliating charade until his goals had been met.

“My Lord, we will be landing momentarily,” informed Grey Shine. Megatron was motionless, except for his eyes, which glanced back as far as they could.

“Very well,” responded Megatron. The dragon tilted its wings, and began a downward decent.

‘These dragons are so slow. The Seekers are better fliers!’

As they dipped below the cloud layer, Megatron took in the site of the land below. The dirt was charcoal grey, and the few patches of grass that decorated it was dead. Dead, leafless trees littered the ground. And from the ground, Megatron could see the beginnings of artificial structure. Dusty grey building blocks began appearing, forming the ruins of what was Tambelon. The architecture resembled the ancient human ruins of Ta Prohm mixed with the fortress castles of the British Isles. The ruins dug deep into the earth, and rose high into the sky, with multiple layers and floors. Different buildings were carved into the stone, obscured by the dark shadows cast by the colorless, cloudy sky. In the center of the city was a large fortress, dug miles deep into the earth. It was a unique blend of pyramid and castle. Flanking both sides of the entrance were two large statues of the goat, Grogar the Necromancer.

The dragon landed a short distance from the cliff edge. It then lowered one wing flat, angling to the ground like a ramp, allowing Megatron and his ponies to exit the transport.

“So, this is Tambelon,” said Megatron. The ghost city reminded Megatron of Cybertron, the Cybertron he was forced to abandon because of the war. ‘Because of Prime,’ he thought. ‘He killed Cybertron, just to deny me my victory, my utopia.’

“Yes, my Lord,” answered Grey Shine. “This is the home of Grogar, the Necromancer. It has been abandoned by…conventional citizens for many centuries, though the undead are said to still inhabit it.”

Megatron released a half chuckle. ‘If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that this Grogar and I are one in the same. This city will have much to offer me.

“Crunch, stay here, we shall return once we have what we came for.” Megatron then lead the ponies towards the ruins.

“Yes, Master,” replied the dragon with a nod. The group descended a flight of stairs. The lower they went, the darker their surroundings became. Megatron was ever fearless as he proceeded, but his escort was visibly uneasy. For the ponies, the shadows seemed to be constantly moving, as if there were unspeakable horrors hidden in them.

As they reached the lowest part of the city, they came to a strait path leading to the fortress. The path was the only way forward, as beneath it was a large hole that was so deep, none of them could see the bottom. The group reached the entrance to the castle, which was guarded by the two large statues of Grogar. As they passed by them, Megatron could sense his follower’s uneasiness. But Megatron was left wholly unintimidated. Megatron entered the building, but noticed his entourage hesitating to move forward.

“I will be proceeding forward,” said the dark lord over his shoulder. “If you are not brave or loyal enough to accompany me, then you will have much more to worry about than then the monsters in your imagination.” Megatron strode forward. With some hesitation, the others followed suit.

The inside of the fortress was like a large, intricate crypt with stone coffins decorating the large open room. The walls were lined with archaic torches. There were dry dusty bones and skeletons on the ground. Megatron led the group towards a large open doorway covered in darkness. He stepped through, followed by the ponies.

The room they now found themselves in was a throne room of sorts. There were two rows of pillars and coffins, with a long red carpet running between them. The carpet looked like it had been a source of food for moths and insects for centuries, but it’s red was still vibrant, as if it had just been dyed.

At the end of the carpet was a throne flanked by two unlit fire pits, one on each side. In the throne was a perfectly preserved skeleton. The skeleton sat on the throne, positioned as if it was still alive. Megatron observed the skeleton, and saw it matched the physical image of the Grogar statues he’d seen. Behind the throne was a large silver mirror.

“So, um Master, what are we here for again?” questioned Grey Shine.

“Grogar’s Bell,” replied Megatron. All eyes widened, as Megatron’s narrowed. The bell in question was hanging from the skeletons neck. Megatron stepped forward and began making his way towards the throne. He was about to reach for the bell, when the fire pits ignited, and cast a wall of fire around the throne.

“What the?” questioned Megatron.

“You will go no further,” came a deep bellowing voice, one that seemed to come from all directions at once. The ponies all gasped in fear, while Megatron stood strong.

“Who comes to MY throne room?” Came the voice again. Megatron’s eyes were drawn to the mirror on the back wall, which now reflected the visage of Grogar himself.

“It’s him!” came a frightened call from behind. Megatron sneered in disgust, before flapping his wings, and hovering over to the reflection.

“You seem to have a much higher constitution than your acquaintances.”

“You must be Grogar,” commented Megatron.

“Indeed,” he replied. “And who are YOU?”

“I am Megatron.”

“Hm…I’ve never heard of you. Are you new?”

“In a way.”

“Well, Megatron, I can only assume you’re here for MY bell.”

“You are correct.” The Demon Ram chuckled.

“It is mine, and I do not plan to relinquish it.”

“You have no price?”

“No, I will not bargain for such an item.”

“I am not leaving without it,” growled Megatron, the purple mist leaking from his eyes.

“Then you won’t be leaving.” Just like that, a large slam could be heard. Megatron and his followers turned to see that a large stone door had fallen, blocking the exit. Grey Shine screamed out in panic. Megatron turned back to the mirror, the same cold expression on his face.

“If you will not relinquish it, I will destroy this entire city and sift it from the rubble!” challenged Megatron. The two stared at each other for a few moments before Grogar chuckled.

“You remind me much of myself. In all my thousands of years, I’ve never found another being like me. You may not have my experience, but you have my ambition.”

‘I have more experience than your entire planet,’ thought Megatron.

“Then you’ll be willing to strike a bargain?” questioned Megatron.

“Perhaps. What do plan to use my bells power for?”

“Conquering the world.”

“Hmm…I will not give you my bell. But perhaps we can make…another arrangement.”

Author's Note:

New chapter for you fine folks. Read it, sustain heavy amnesia inducing brain damage, then read it again.

Support my Decepticon Uprising: BMAC Ko-Fi

Comments ( 2 )

Just waiting for Optimus Prime to show up.

10391525
I can't wait for him to show up too. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment