• Published 1st May 2014
  • 5,443 Views, 128 Comments

Megatron Takes Equestria - Synthetic Soul

  • ...
11
 128
 5,443

Chapter 6: Memories

Celestia just stood there, mouth agape. Soon enough, bad memories returned to her head.

800 years ago

Celestia sat on her throne, having just finished with the day court. The guards escorted the last noble from the throne room.

“You are all dismissed,” said Celestia. The guards nodded, and then left the room. Celestia stood up from her throne, and made her way to the balcony. It was time to raise the moon.

Celestia now stood on the balcony. She sighed. How she wished her sister were still here. Every day she lived in regret of what she was forced to do in order to protect herself, and her kingdom. But she still clinged to the hope that one day she would be able to see Luna again.

Celestia closed her eyes, and concentrated her magical energy into her horn, and focused on lowering her sun. She could feel it as it moved, lowering into the horizon. With that completed, she then raised the moon. Once it was in place, she stopped the flow of magic, and opened her eyes.

Celestia gazed sadly at the night sky. The moon, and the stars just seem to have lost their beauty. Her sister’s work was art, but Celestia felt she couldn’t match her sister’s art. She sighed, and was about to turn around to head back inside, when something caught her eye. She looked to the sky and saw two bright lights. What’s more, they were moving.

“I didn’t schedule any shooting stars,” said Celestia to herself. She continued to look at the two lights, and saw, that they were getting bigger. In fact, it looked like they were heading towards the…oh no. Celestia saw as the two unidentified objects shot strait into the Everfree forest, causing a large shockwave that shook the entire castle. After she braced herself, she looked to see smoke rising from the forest.

“I need to investigate this. So much for getting a good nights rest.” Celestia sprinted strait to the throne room doors, and threw them open, drawing the attention of her guards. “Assemble a team of guards as soon as possible. We need to check that out.”



Celestia and her assembled group of guards now stood in front of the Everfree forest, home to her former castle. Celestia turned to her guards to affirm that they were ready to proceed. Then, she led the way into the forest.

It was about thirty minutes into their trek, when they began to hear voices. Celestia held up a wing, as a signal to her guards. She then told them to take hidden positions, hiding behind the trees. Once they did that, the group looked to the clearing. What they saw were things that frightened even the princess of the sun herself.

It was two…things. They were giant, at least 10-15 meters tall. They stood on two legs, and appeared to be made of…Metal? They both had these weird things protruding from their backs. They almost looked like wings. And then, one of them spoke.

“Alright, we’re finally here on this Spark forsaken rock,” said the blue one, in a definitely male voice. “What are we supposed to do now Thrust?” The one identified as Thrust responded back to his companion.

“Well Dirge, now we have to find that Energon source. And my scanner says it that way.” The one known as Dirge pointed in the direction of Canterlot.

“Then lets get going.” Celestia was about to leave her cover to question the intentions of these titans, when she felt a hoof tap her on the wither. She looked over to see her captain of the guard, Strong Steel.

“Princess, please stay hidden. My men and me will find out these creatures intentions. The Princess nodded, somewhat reluctantly. Her captain Signaled to his men, and then the group left the cover of their trees.

“Halt creatures!” said Strong Steel. The two metal creatures turned to face the ponies.

“Look what we have here,” said Dirge. “Organics. And puny ones at that.”

“And look, they can talk! How cute,” replied Thrust.

Captain Strong Steel used his wings to fly up to eye level with Thrust, and then addressed him.

“I am Captain Strong Steel of the Equestrian Guard. I demand you tell me your intentions."

“Hehe. Look Dirge. The puny organic is giving me orders,” said Thrust as he turned his head to look at his companion. The other giant chuckled at this. Then, thrust turned his attention back to the pony. “Well little creature, me and my friend here are searching for something. And we’ll kill as many of you pathetic creatures as it takes to get what we want.”

“I will not allow you to harm our citizens!” proclaimed Strong Steel. The metal giant just laughed, and raised his hand. He then flicked Strong Steel with his finger, the force rocketing the captain strait into a tree. The force shattered his spine, casing him to fall to the ground, dead, along with breaking the tree. Celestia watched in horror as his body hit the ground.

“How dare you! Men, attack!” yelled a unicorn guard. The ponies rushed and attacked the two beings, hitting them with magic blasts, and spears. But these attacks did nothing to the two giants. They just laughed. Dirge reached down, and picked up one of the unicorn guards, who screamed in terror. Dirge gripped him tight, and positioned his thumb underneath the pony’s head.

“Organic had a baby, and his head popped off!” said Dirge, as he raised his thumb, causing the ponies head to separate from his body, flying into the air in a visceral of blood, and bone. Dirge just laughed, and dropped the body. Then the two turned to face the rest of the group.

“I’ll take care of them real quick,” said Thrust. Celestia watched in horror, as Thrusts arm changed shape. He then held his transformed arm, and aimed it at the remaining ponies. Unexpectedly, the changed arm shot blasts of pure energy at the remaining ponies, obliterating them in an instant. Celestia felt tears approach her eyes, as she watched her little ponies die.

The two giants laughed for a few seconds, before Dirge spoke up.

“Come on Thrust, let’s go find that Energon source!” And then the two did something that Celestia did not suspect. Their entire bodies morphed, and shifted, changing completely. Celestia watched as they flew at incredible speeds towards her beloved Canterlot.

Celestia stepped out of cover, and gazed at the body of her former captain of the guard. She wiped the tears from her eyes, before looking towards Canterlot with a look of determination.

“Don’t worry my little ponies. I WILL stop those monsters!” Then she used her magic to teleport to her castle. She found herself just in front of the entrance to the castle. She saw two guards standing at the entrance.

“Guards quick! We are about to be under attack! Ready the guards, and evacuate the citizens!” The guards nodded, and then rushed to fulfill their duties. But just then, Celestia heard the sound of high speed flying. She turned to see the two monsters approaching quickly. They transformed, and reverted to their bipedal forms, landing on the ground, while smashing apart various buildings. Celestia’s eyes widened in horror, as she saw the buildings being crushed, no doubt ending numerous ponies’ lives. She couldn’t watch these creatures destroy her people any more. She gave her wings a powerful flap, launching her into the air. She then flew towards the two giants, determined to end the carnage, as ponies panicked, and ran for safety.

Using her Royal Canterlot voice, she shouted to the giants; “Halt villains!” The two beings looked to her.

“Just who are YOU supposed to be?” questioned Dirge.

“I am princess Celestia, ruler of the nation of Equestria, and Princess of the Sun! And I will NOT allow you to harm my little ponies!” The two beings laughed hard, before Thrust spoke up.

“We obliterated your precious little ponies in ten seconds flat! You don’t stand a chance!”

“We’ll see about that!” Celestia flew backwards, putting some distance between her opponents. She then charged her horn, and shot the most powerful blast of magic she had at Thrust. The blast knocked him back, causing him to fall on top of another building. The blast left scorch marks on his chest. His ally swung his arm, slamming it right into Celestia, launching her towards a building. She broke through the wall, landing inside. Luckily, her Alicorn endurance kept her from suffering any Major injuries.

Celestia stood up, and shot forwards, using her magic to turn her into a living bullet. She shot strait through the body of Thrust, shooting strait out his back. She landed on the ground, and then flew back into the air. Thrust looked down to the wound in shock, before putting a hand to his wound.

“I-impossible,” he said, before falling to the ground, dead. Dirge looked at his companion in horror. How could an organic, kill a Decepticon warrior?

“You little piece of scrap!” he yelled. He transformed his arm into a blaster, and shot at Celestia. She used her magic to erect a shield around her body, but the blast was too powerful, and it shattered her shield, sending back. She slammed strait into the ground, leaving a crater.

Celestia got up as quickly as she could. She was covered in cuts and bruises, and she was pretty sure her leg was broken. But knowing that she didn’t have time to lick her wounds, she shot into the air again. She knew she had to end this quickly, or she would be killed. She charged as much power as she could into her horn, and used her magic to grab the two halves of the Decepticon. Using every ounce of magic she could, she ripped the warrior into two pieces, and dropped the pieces on the ground.

Celestia was exhausted from the fight, but had enough energy to glide down to land on the chest of the dying bot. She looked down and saw she was standing on a strange looking symbol. She then walked up and looked her in the eyes.

“Any last words you monster,” she said. The robot lifted his head to look Celestia in the eyes.

“Y-you th-think this i-is the end? M-my master w-will avenge me.”

“Who is this master of yours?”

“M-megatron. And he…he is stronger than any other of our kind. He is undefeated…and…and he will kill you too. All…hail…Megatron,” this was the last thing he said before his head fell to the ground.

Celestia came out of her flashback, and cast her gaze at the Alicorn now claiming to be the lord of the giant creatures. And then she laughed. She laughed for a good thirty seconds, before recovering.

“What is so funny?” asked Megatron unamused.

“Y-you can’t be Megatron. Haha, you’re a pony, not a giant creature!”

“Well, then maybe this will convince you. SOUNDWAVE!” Celestia’s eyes widened, and her laughing stopped, when she saw a giant set of doors open to reveal…one of them. The being known as Soundwave stepped into the room, nearly reaching the roof.

“No…no…nonononono!” cried Celestia. She could hear Megatron’s laughter echoing through her ears.

“I don’t know how I came to be in this form, but I do know that this world will bend to my rule! Now, I think this meeting is over. Guards, escort her out!”

“Y-you’re not going to kill me?”

“No. I want your people to know that destruction is heading their way. I want to relish in the fear I know you will experience. So go, warn your people that war is coming. Because soon, this whole world will be mine to control!”

Celestia was led out of the palace, and escorted to her carriage. She boarded, the chariot, and ordered the pegasi to get her to Canterlot as soon as possible. When they asked why, she simply responded;

“War is coming.”