• Published 1st May 2014
  • 5,436 Views, 128 Comments

Megatron Takes Equestria - Synthetic Soul

  • ...
11
 128
 5,436

Chapter 2: Infiltration

Author's Note:

Can anyone tell me how to get the cover art to work, because I've tried to upload it, and it wont work. Please help.


The snow piled several feet high. Megatron was struggling to trek through the snow. If he still had his old body, he'd be able to make it to his destination much quicker. He cursed his new body yet again. Megatron knew he had to find civilization soon. Even Cybertronian bodies were susceptible to ice and snow. But Megatron knew that organics were even more vulnerable. After a few minutes of walking, he came to a large bank of snow. Megatron climbed the hill, and as soon as he reached the top, he came to a standstill. In front of him stood a huge dome of energy. It was see through, so he could see inside the dome. There was a large crystal structure in the center of the city. The buildings were also made of crystal. The dome was surrounded by a wall made of sharp black crystal. And finally, there was a gate, and entrance, facing towards Megatron. He saw at the forefront of the gate, there were six ponies in menacing black armor.

"I do not yet posses enough knowledge about my new form to fight those guards. I will need to find another way in." Now, Megatron had many skills, but sneaking was not one of them. Megatron knew the basics about infiltration. Megatron began to circle around the city, in order to reach an unguarded section of the wall. He was far away enough so that he wouldn't be seen by the guards. AND, he used the snow banks to hide himself. When Megatron finally reached his destination, he gazed up at the wall. It was way higher than him, and with his hoofs, there was no way he could climb the wall. It was then that Megatron spread his wings, and looked them over.

"These wings resemble Predakings beast form wings. Now, how did he use them?" Megatrons mind filled with images of the Dragon like beast. Megatron remembered how Predaking used long hard strokes with his wings. Now knowing what to do, Megatron spread his wings, and flapped. The wind built beneath his wings, and soon Megatron felt his body begin to rise. He continued to flap, and after a few moments, Megatron found himself above the wall. He leaned his body forward, causing him to move forward. He phased through the dome, and instantly felt warmer. He stopped flapping, and held his wings steady, slowing his decent. When he touched down, he found himself in the alley behind a group of houses. He walked to the edge of one of the buildings and peered out at the city. He saw ponies, crystal ponies, most of them in chains. Some of them were pulling carts filled with crystals, of varying colors. He saw more guards like the ones he saw before. Some of them had whips, and were using them on pony slaves. 'Whoever leads this place is a man after my own spark,' thought Megatron.

"An Alicorn!" Megatron turned to his left, and was face to face with a dusty grey unicorn with a brown mane. He was dressed in rags. "I-I can't believe it! An Alicorn! You, you can defeat the king, and free us all!" 'Or take his place,' thought Megatron.

"And just who are you supposed to be?" asked Megatron.

"My name is Coal," replied the unicorn.

"And where am I?"

"You don't know where you are?"

"Answer the question!" replied Megatron, in a hostile tone.

"Uh, the Crystal Empire!"

"And just who is this king you were speaking of?"

"The Dark King Sombre. He's an evil unicorn who enslaved the ponies of the Crystal Empire. But you're an Alicorn! You can beat him!"

"Perhaps, perhaps. But I do not know how to use my powers."

"You don't know how to use magic?" 'Magic...what in Unicrons name is that?' thought Megatron.

"No."

"Well, I could teach you! Then maybe you could overthrow Sombre!"

"Yes...perhaps I could..."Liberate" you." Megatron hid his smirk from Coal.

"Come on," said Coal, motioning towards himself. "Follow me."

"Very well," replied Megatron, who proceeded to follow Coal. As they walked, the two stayed in the shadows of the alleyway, both careful to avoid being seen. Eventually, they reached a small house. Coals horn glowed grey and the door opened.

"Welcome to my home mister...oh, it seems I didn't catch your name mister...?"

"Megatron."

"Hm, what an odd name. Well, come on in." Megatron entered the building, followed by Coal. As Coal closed the door, Megatron observed the inside. There was a dingy looking mattress in the corner, a cupboard, bath tub, and two sinks. There was a wooden table, with two chairs. Lastly, there was a set of stairs leading down to a basement.

"We'll go down to the basement," said Coal. Coal led Megatron down the steps, and into the basement. There, Megatron saw the room was mostly empty. There were several pony shaped dummies on stands, and a rack with various weapons.

"Here, I'll teach you the magic basics. Ho ahead and stand in the center there." Megatron walked forward and stood in place. "I noticed that sword you have there. As an Alicorn, you have the magical abilities to levitate, and control that blade with your magic. Now levitation is fairly simple. All you need to do is focus on the object, and Imagine it move. Pretend as if you have an extra arm, and that IT is holding the blade." Megatron turned his head and focused on his sabre. He felt his horn tingle with energy, and after a few seconds, his sword was enveloped in a purple glow. He motioned the sword to his forefront, and proceeded to motion his blade in slashing motions, yet he was careful not to swing it hard enough to expel a wave of energy.

"Good, you're a natural!" exclaimed Coal.

"I know," replied Megatron. He then returned his blade to his side.

"Well, the next two things to teach you are teleportation and combat magic. What I'll be showing you in the combat area is the ability to blast energy from your horn. I think I have a spell book around he-" suddenly, Coal witnessed a large purple blast of energy propel itself toward one of his dummies. The dummy exploded, into millions of pieces. As the dust settled, Coals mouth hung agape.

"H-how did you do that!? You didn't even look at the spell book!" exclaimed Coal.

"I envisioned what I wanted to happen, and it happened," replied Megatron.

"I've never seen this sort of thing before! I-it's unheard of!"

"Are we done here?" asked Megatron.

"U-um, no, there's still teleportation left. I'm sure you'll be able to do this, just envision were you want to go, and charge some energy into your horn."

Megatron focused his energy into his horn, and envisioned himself being moved to another spot. In a flash, he disapeered, and reapeared four feet away.

"Amazing! You have such a natural talent for magic! I'm sure you'll be able to overthrow the king NOW!" Megatron smirked, the purple glow of his eyes glowing much brighter.

"Well, It appears I no longer have any use for you," said Megatron.

"W-what?" asked Coal. Megatron turned towards Coal, and magically withdrew his sword. Then, Megatron began to advance on Coal. "Your eyes...they, they look just like the Kings!"

"I thank you for teaching me this 'magic' thing, but now I have no use for you." And with that, Megatron continued towards Coal, who was backed up into a corner.

"No...no...noooo!" cried Coal. The last thing he saw was the evil glare in Megatrons eyes. And then he knew no more.
_________________________________________________________

King Sombre sat on his thrown, with guards standing in two rows in front of him. He stood up from his thrown, and walked down the steps.

"I'm going to the balcony," said Sombre. He enjoyed watching his slaves work. He was about to head to the balcony, when he heard a loud scream, which stopped Sombre dead in his tracks. Next, he heard two loud thumps. Then on the third, the thrown room doors flew open, as a guard flew past them. As he screamed, he flew strait ingo a window. The window shattered as the guard flew into it. His screams could be heard as he fell. Sombre stared at the window, with a surprised face, then turned to face the doors. Standing there in the doorway stood an armored grey Alicorn, with wings spread wide. He began walking towards Sombre.

"King Sombre I presume," addressed Megatron.

"And just who are YOU supposed to be?" questioned Sombre.

"I am Lord Megatron. Your replacement," replied Megatron.

"You think you can stand against ME?" asked Sombre. "I have ruled this land for hundreds of years! I am a battle hardened warrior kin! What makes you think you have what it takes to beat me?"

"I led the Decepticon leader, I led my armies in conquest for TENS of THOUSANDS of years! I am a gladiator, hardened by the pits of Kaon!"

"Tens of thousands of years? Impossible!"

"Enough of this talk!" said Megatron. "You die NOW!" Megatron withdrew his Dark Star Sabre, and swung it, sending a large wave of purple energy towards the king. And with that, the battle began.