• Published 1st May 2014
  • 5,454 Views, 128 Comments

Megatron Takes Equestria - Synthetic Soul

  • ...
11
 128
 5,454

Chapter 14: War

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sat at a table in their meeting room, joined with the leaders of the nations that had allied with Equestria. Joining her at the table was Siba, the Grand Shaman of the Zebra’s, King Günter of the Griffons and the Hippogriff General Seaspray representing Queen Novo. Each leader brought with them two bodyguards, as a precaution.

The five sat upon red cushions arrayed like the points of a star around a white marble table with the emblem of the two sisters displayed in the middle. An air of heavy silence filled the room for several moments, before Celestia broke it.

“Everycreature, thank you for coming. As you know, a threat has been made against Equestria. Dark times are coming. I fear…I fear that this is the beginning of a great war, one which will end our long period of peace and harmony.”

“We’ve spread our armies to defend the nation from the coming attacks, but due to our long period of peace, our army is small, and spread thin. Without your help, Equestria will surely fall,” stated Luna.

“We will stand with you Celestia, as much as we can. Though with this tyrant’s plans to conquer the world itself, we must maintain enough troops to defend our own borders,” replied Günter, as the other two leaders nodded.

“We understand. And we thank you all for the help you’ve been able to give,” said Luna. After a brief silence, Celestia spoke again.

“And now, let us get underway with the meeting.” The solar princess used her magic to project a map of Equestria onto the table.

“As we all know, the Crystal Empire is directly north of Canterlot, with the only city between the two being Cloudsdale. That leaves this direct line of assault open and vulnerable. We’ve evacuated Cloudsdale and turned it into a defensive battlement. We’ve also set up ground defenses in a blockade running east to west, forming a solid wall of our military forces to defend from direct assault. Of course, we can’t afford to leave our other flanks unguarded, which is why with your help, we’ve been able to set up defensive lines along the border between Equestria and the Badlands. We now know that the Dragon Lands have allied with Megatron, which is why we’ve done our best to defend from that direction.”

“Unfortunately,” said Luna. “Even with all of your help, we are still spread somewhat thin, as we’ve placed small battalions in every city and town, as the bulk of our forces have been placed at the front lines. As it stands…heavy losses are inevitable.”

Everyone in the room was silent at that. King Günter felt heat rising in his skull as anxiety began to take hold.

‘Damn you Megatron! I will not allow you to use me like this…I have to find a way to warn them about what is going to happen!’

Günter turned in his chair to take a look at the two griffon guards that were standing behind him. They stared at him with cold, calculating eyes that hid a subtle maliciousness. They weren’t really griffons.

‘Maybe I can....’ Günter attempted to speak.

“If I may interject, I think we shoul-“

Suddenly, the door to the meeting room burst open as a pony barged through the doors.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna! Las Pegasus, Baltimare, Vanhoover and Manehattan have all reported that they are under attack from the enemy!”

Celestia stood up instantly, and placed a hoof onto the table’s surface.

“All four, at ONCE?!” questioned the princess frantically.

“Yes Princess! Dragons assaulted the cities and dropped these, these things! The bulk of the attack forces were able to teleport to the cities out of nowhere!”

Celestia and Luna shared a concerned look.

“This goes against our predictions!” exclaimed Luna.

“My friends,” Celestia said as she addressed the group. “The attack has begun. We must act fast! Luna, begin directing our forces with the others, I will send word to the Twilight and her friends!”

“Of course sister!” responded Luna. Celestia then galloped out of the room, heading towards her personal chambers.

“I pray to harmony that we see this nightmare end!”


Las Pegasus, normally a vibrant center of entertainment, now carried an air of apprehension. Defensive structures and battlements were set up on the surrounding clouds, being defended by the Equestrian Royal Guard, members of the Griffin Empire, and soldiers from the Hippogriff kingdom.

All cities of Equestria now had military forces set up to defend from the coming conquest, but the majority of the defenses were set up directly in line with the predicted enemy attack paths. As such, due to its position, Las Pegasus was one of the more lightly defended locations. The ponies who called it home did their best to go about their normal lives.

One such pony, a Pegasus mare named Mare E. Bell, was walking through the streets on her way back to her home after visiting the a local pastry shop. She was nervous about the current events, as she had never lived through a war like what was expected to come, but she tried to keep a positive attitude.

But, she along with every other Pony, Griffin and Hippogriff had their hearts stopped by the loud booming roars that pierced the air. Everyone looked up to see five massive dragons flying strait into the city. Each dragon had a transport carrier mounted on their backs, as well as an odd halo like device clutched in their talons.

The dragons fanned out across the city and dropped the devices called ground bridges, which with the spikes lining the bottom, imbedded themselves into the cloud floor. The ground bridges activated as the dragons landed on the cloud surface. As troops exited the dragon carriers, more began to flow out of the ground bridges. In a matter of minutes, Cloudsdale was now a warzone. Alarms began ringing as the soldiers of the Pony, Griffin and Hippogriff kingdoms charged to the front lines, while evacuating the citizens and tourists.

Mare E. Bell dropped what she was carrying, and took to the air, desperate to get to her house. She flew as fast as she could, the goal being to grab her two children, and evacuate with them. She quickly reached her house, and burst through the door, to find her son and daughter sitting in front of the door, as if waiting for her. Only they didn’t look alarmed at all.

“Candycorn, Pastel Brush, grab the bare necessities, we have to leave now!” urged the panicked mother.

“But mom,” said Pastel Brush, the colt. “That isn’t part of the plan,” he said with a smile. Mare E. Bell’s eyes widened slightly.

“What are you talking about, grab your things, we have to go!”

The mare jolted as she heard the door to her house slam shut. She turned around quickly to see…a changeling standing between her and the door.

“What-what’s going o-?” Before she could finish that sentence, she felt a sharp pain in the back of her neck.

“Sorry, Mom,” came the mocking voice of her daughter. “But we have our orders, and we must see them through.” The last thing the Pegasus mare heard as she hit the ground was the laughing voices of the three changelings who had infiltrated her house.

Then, her vision turned black. And she was out.

Author's Note:

Tips: Ko-Fi