• Published 1st May 2014
  • 5,443 Views, 128 Comments

Megatron Takes Equestria - Synthetic Soul

  • ...
11
 128
 5,443

Chapter 13: Let's Begin

Megatron sat upon his throne, overlooking those before him. Standing in front of him were the representatives of his three newly acquired allies; Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings, the Dragon’s representative; Gorge, and the Griffin responsible for relaying messages to the Griffin King, Grady. Soundwave stood next to his Lord and master, as the Alicorn addressed the group.

“The time for preparations is over now. Our forces are built, and we are ready to begin the conquest. We will begin with a full on assault on the cities of Manehattan, Baltimare, Las Pegasus, and Vanhoover.”

Soundwave pressed a button on his visor, which projected a holographic map of Equestria into the space between Megatron and his lieutenants.

“Manehattan is the most densely populated, followed by Las Pegasus, Baltimare, and Vanhoover. “ Soundwave’s hologram focused on the city of Manehattan, enlarging it for all to see.

“These are the four key cities that surround the Equestrian border. They are not normally heavily defended, but with the Equestrians awareness of the coming conquest, these locations will most likely be housing enough soldiers to keep this interesting.”

Megatron’s three organic followers eyed the map, taking in all the details they could.

“We will attack all four cities at once, following the same formula. By air, the dragons will attack, while serving as makeshift airships and transports, with troops and armaments mounted on their backs.”

The hologram showed an example of a large dragon; with a troop transport mounted on it’s back, with ponies riding along. There were a few cannons mounted on each side of the mount.

“The dragons will transport groups of soldiers, who will set up nodes to create magical GroundBridges, which will allow the bulk of our forces to invade at once. The dragons will then take on the task of bombardment and air offense.”

Gorge, a large, bulky bipedal orange dragon, stood in front of the hologram with his arms crossed.

“Yer usin us as transports? We ain’t beasts a burden you know.”

“Would you prefer to be used as suicide bombers?” questioned Megatron with a dark look.

“Um…no…not really,” replied Gorge.

“Then you will relay these instructions to your leader,” replied Megatron, who then continued with explaining the plan. “The Griffins will pretend to fight on the side of the Equestrian’s, while relaying information to our forces.”

“Uh, question?” said Grady as he raised a claw.

“What is it?” sneered Megatron.

“So, uh, this may be a stupid question, but uh…are we allowed to…you know, kill your soldiers?”

“It is preferred that you wound them, but your forces will need to inflict lethal casualties in order to maintain the ruse. However, I do expect you to keep them to a minimum.”

Grady’s eyes widened, and he gulped at the prospect of Megatron ordering the deaths of HIS OWN soldiers.

“We will be aiming on taking as many prisoners as possible. Griffins will join in the surrender to our forces, and in front our enemies, will renounce Equestria and their allies, and offer to join our army in exchange for their lives. They will then aid in maintaining control of the captured territory. Hopefully, this will delay Celestia’s realization that she has been betrayed.”

“Oh, uh…I uh, I got it! I’ll let…the king know,” uttered Grady, nervously.

“See that you do,” responded Megatron.

“And, what shall my changelings be doing?” questioned Chrysalis.

“Your changelings will play an important role. During the attacks, your changelings will eliminate and replace fleeing residents of the cities. You will pretend to be pony refugees, who will be taken in by the interior cities for protection. Your changelings will maintain this façade, and lie in wait to strike, when I give the order.”

“Ingeniously devious,” complemented Chrysalis, licking her fangs.

“Of course it is. Now, you are all dismissed. We begin the assault in two days.”

All of the lieutenants turned to leave, except Chrysalis, who stayed put.

“And what will your…very tall ally be doing during all this?” questioned Chrysalis, gesturing to Soundwave.

“Soundwave will attend to things here, and see that my special project is completed on schedule,” replied Megatron.

“Does this mean you will be joining in the fighting?” asked Gorge.

“Of course. A real leader does not hide behind an army to give orders. A real leader leads his army from the front lines.”

“I couldn’t agree more, my Lord,” said Chrysalis, with honey in her voice. “But, you have piqued my interest. What is this secret project of yours?”

“That is none of your concern,” stated Megatron. Chrysalis clenched her teeth behind closed lips, before bowing her head.

“Of course, Lord Megatron.” She then turned to leave, along with the rest. She bee lined away from the other two, and made her way to an empty hallway. After looking around to see if she was alone, she made a click with her tongue. What looked like an axe on the wall, burned away in a puff of green fire, revealing a changeling drone. The drone stood before his queen, and saluted.

“Megatron will soon be leaving, to take part in the attack,” stated the Queen. “Apparently Soundwave will be staying here to work on a special project for Megatron. I want you do some investigating, and find out what you can about it. I want to know if it’s something that can be of use to me.”

“Yes your highness,” said the drone, before he flew away from her to make preparations for his assignment.”

The Queen chuckled to herself, before making her way towards her designated living quarters.

‘I’ll give it to Megatron; he has a mind for planning. It would be foolish to remove him before the conquest is finished. I’ll let him do the dirty work. I’ll use my feminine charm to work my way into his heart, perhaps even have him make me his Empress. Once Equestria bows to him, it will be easy to have him assassinated. Then, being the rightful next in line for the throne, Equestria, and the entire world will be under my hoof!’

Chrysalis, with renewed vigor, contained her laughter, as she traveled to her room, eager to see this conquest through. All she had to do was play her cards right, and soon, she would have everything she’d ever dreamed of.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm back! I'm getting back into the swing of writing again, so here's the next chapter of MTE!

If you want to support me, I have a Ko-Fi and a BuyMeaCoffee