• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 3,674 Views, 117 Comments

Pirates of Equestria: Dead Stallion's Chest - The Phantom Joker



Captain Rainbow Dash must seize the fabled Dead Stallion's Chest or else be sent to Spike Jones' Locker. Meanwhile, Shining Armor must find Rainbow Dash or else he and Cadence will be hung.

  • ...
13
 117
 3,674

Epilogue: What's Become of My Ship?

Lady Trixie Lulamoon sat in her office as Mercer came in.

“The last of our ships have returned,” said Mercer.

“Is there any news on the chest?” asked Trixie.

“No, ma’am. But, one of the ships picked up a pony adrift at sea,” said Mercer. “She had these.”

Mecer placed a leather-bound envelope on Trixie’s desk. It was the Letters of Marque Cadence had stolen from Trixie.

“I took the liberty of filling in my name,” said Lightning Dust from the doorway, where two soldiers held onto her.

Trixie motioned for Lightning to come forward. “If you plan on claiming these, then I assume you have something to trade. Do you have the compass?” asked Trixie.

“Oh, I’ve got something better than that broken old thing,” said Lightning Dust, placing her hat on the table.

Trixie’s jaw dropped when she heard the unmistakable sound of a heartbeat.

“Is that the-?” said Trixie.

“Yes… it is the heart of Spike Jones,” said Lightning.

“Well done… Admiral Lightning Dust,” said Trixie with a smirk.

Meanwhile, at Zecora’s Hut…

The Black Pearl’s crew sat in the hut as Zecora passed out drinks. Shining Armor kept sticking Twilight’s knife into the table.

Zecora approached Cadence and offered her a drink. “Against the cold… and the sorrow,” Zecora told Cadence as she took a drink.

Zecora made her way over to Shining Armor. “It’s a shame… I know you’re thinking that with The Pearl, you could’ve captured Spike and set free your little sister’s soul,” said Zecora.

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” said Shining Armor as he took a drink. “The Black Pearl’s gone… along with its captain.”

“Aye… and already the world seems a bit less bright,” said Applejack as she looked at the stars, before entering the shack. “She fooled us all right until the end… but, I guess that honest streak finally won out. To Rainbow Dash!” said Applejack, lifting her cup.

“Never another like Captain Dash,” said Diamond Tiara, raising her cup and taking a drink.

“A true filly of fortune, she was,” said Silver Spoon, raising her cup and drinking as well.

“She was a good mare,” said Cadence, raising her cup, but not drinking.

Shining Armor lifted his cup, but didn’t say anything. He looked at Cadence, who looked guilty somehow. “If only we could do something to bring her back… Cadence, what-” said Shining Armor.

“Would you do it?” asked Zecora walking in front of Shining Armor. “What would you do, hmm? What would any of you be willing to do? Hmm? Would you sail the ends of the Earth, and beyond, to fetch back witty Rainbow Dash and her precious Pearl?”

Applejack walked further into the shack. “Aye,” she said.

Silver stood up. “Aye,” she said.

Diamond also stood. “Aye,” she said.

“Brawk, aye,” said Cotton Fluff’s parrot as its owner.

“Yes,” said Cadence, who remained seated.

“Aye,” said Shining Armor.

“All right… but, if you go and brave the weird and haunted shores at World’s End… then you’ll need a captain who knows those waters,” said Zecora.

Down a staircase came a face no one in the room thought they’d see again. It was a female griffon wearing a black pair of pants, black boots, a white shirt, a black overcoat with a buckled strap across it, a belt that held a flintlock pistol and a sword, and a black feathered hat. On her shoulder was Dash the monkey.

“So, tell me… what’s become of my ship?” asked Captain Gilda, before taking a bite of a fresh green apple. She and Dash the monkey let out a laugh.

Author's Note:

And thus, this story draws to a close! Enjoy the credits!
He's a Pirate

Captain Jack Sparrow: Rainbow Dash
William Turner Jr.: Shining Armor Sparkle
Elizabeth Swann: Cadence Mi Amore-Sparkle
Davy Jones: Spike the Dragon
Lord Cutler Beckett: Trixie Lulamoon
Bootstrap Bill: Twilight Sparkle
Joshamee Gibbs: Applejack
Tia Dalma: Zecora
Marty: Scootaloo

Directed/Written by: King Candy/Robo-Twilight Sparkle/Gametime99
Edited by: Rainbow87Dash

Coming Soon (in this case meaning sometime next week hopefully): Pirates of Equestria: At World's End

Comments ( 21 )

Your entry for the mayhem contest has been acknowledged and approved. Thank you for entering. :twilightsmile:
Hope you enjoy our group and have fun. :pinkiehappy:
Dragon:moustache:

WE NEED "AT EQUESTRIA'S END"! :pinkiehappy:

Just finished reading, continue or bear witness to my whiny temper tantrum!
static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1290/12904714/2457004-crying2.jpg
next shall be a video!!!

this is a Pirates of The Caribbean Parody right? so y is Dash playing Captain Jack Sparrow? y not Flash or Big Mac?

Hi I'm SapphireWings999, official reviewer of the Fimfiction Bureau of Imaginationists (FBI), here to offer a review of this story.

First the good: I really enjoyed this whole MLP/POTC crossover as I'm a huge fan of the movies (for the most part) and it was fun seeing all these ponies playing the roles from the movies. In fact, funny coincidence, I was actually listening to the soundtracks of all 4 Pirates Of The Caribbean movies as I was reading this story. This is kind of a nerdy thing, but, when I read that Spike was taking on the role of Davy Jones while retaining the last name, I couldn't help but think of acclaimed director, Spike Jonze, and I thought that was kind of a funny coincidence. I also enjoyed the extra things that you added to the story like Jones' backstory and the content from the commentary that was never able to make it into the final cut. I felt like this was kind of your own way of making your interpretation unique. Additionally, I really enjoyed your playing with the character dynamics, changing the romantic relationship of Commodore Norrington and Elizabeth Swann to the sisterly relationship between Lightning Dust and Cadence and the familial relationship of father and son between Will Turner and Bootstrap Bill to the familial relationship of brother and sister between Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle.

Now for the bad: There were numerous typos peppered throughout that would need to be fixed. Also, you had mentioned that there were changes being made to the story like Pinkie and Rarity being switched out for Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon and that the characters were becoming anthropomorphized with hands instead of hooves as it made it easier that way, but with that said I still came across some issues with continuity. For one thing, on a few occasions, I found places where it mentioned Pinkie and Rarity instead of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Also, there were some instances where it would mention one character having hands while another character would be mentioned having hooves. These are clearly the type of problems that arise from making changes part of the way through or after a work has already been completed.

Overall, the read was still enjoyable. The characters fit very well with their roles and it brought back memories of when I first saw the movie in theaters while also creating a new experience. As for the typos and continuity errors, I'd recommend several look overs (both for this and future works). Trust me, I'm huge on trying to make sure that any story I publish is as error free as I can possibly make it and I'll often look over a single chapter anywhere north of 10 times to make sure it's perfect. Sometimes, there are typos I don't even notice until look through #8, but it does help to make sure that I put my best work out there. That's just my recommendation though.

My rating: 4/5 stars

5731580 cause rainbow dash is awesome. Big mac is too quiet, and flash has half the fandom hating him for some celestia sake reason

5923707
Exactly. Plus, Pinkie Pie has been used in most Ponyfications of POtC.

I bet that Rarity is going to be Calypso.

Hello Sir and or Ma'am (probably sir). You requested a sin review for your story. I have done so here Boop. Read it if you'd like and leave a comment on what you thought:twilightsmile:

Mr. L.Rager

this brings back so many wonderful and happy memories. please do not stop writing this! you have my deepest respects and friendship always and wonderful use of spike as Davy Jones. but my question is this. what made u decide to use him as that particular role?

5923969 Question i've noticed that twilight isn't in the prequel nor in this fic either, is she dead or does just not exist in this universe?

This story was Fantastic2

the ghostly joker

would their be more!

Need more

ah monkey, Captian jack sparrow is outrageously funny.

I have decided to write a MLP PotC story. Here is a preview of some of the character.
Jack Sparrow = Soarin Jay
Will Turner = Flash Sentry
Elizabeth Swan = Twilight Sparkle
Norrington = Timber Spruce
Pintel = Limestone Pie
Ragetti = Pinkie Pie
Murtogg = Lyra
Moleroy = Bon Bon
More surprises in Ponies of Equestria The Curse of the Black Pearl (sorry if it sounds lazy but I like the name Black Pearl)

Are you still going to make the rest of your MLP x PotC stories, including your own version of Dead Men Tell No Tales?

9582857
How's your Ponies of the Caribbean project going?

I WANT A SEQUEL!!!!

i really now wanna know whats next it sounds so exiting

After all these years; Still no Curse of the Black Pearl or World's End?

Not even On Stranger's Tides?

Login or register to comment