ReadingSins 429 members · 645 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Everything Wrong With

In More than I would like to say words

Spoilers

(duh...)

Captain Rainbow Dash is in BIG trouble. 13 years ago she made a deal with the ghostly Dragon Ruler of The Ocean Depths Spike Jones to raise the Black Pearl from the depths.

Pirates of the Caribbean fans, hold on to your seats! 1

. The only way out is for her to seize the fabled Dead Stalliion's Chest and use it as leverage against Spike. Meanwhile, relcutant swashbuckler Shining Armor and his fiancee Cadence Mi Amore face a death sentence for freeing Rainbow a year earlier unless Shining Armor can find Rainbow and convince her to return to Port Royal.

Oh sh*t. You're going to follow this word for word aren't you? 2

Severed Hearts, United hearts, And a Bottle of Cider

And a Bottle of Cider

Rum! 3

A lone ship approached the island. It was The Flying Dutchman, rumored to be cursed with the Plague and unable to make port because of it. In reality, it was a ship meant to ferry the souls of those who died at sea to the next life. At the helm was a unicorn stallion with a purple coat and a green mane and tail wearing a black coat held together by a large belt, black pants, a large black hat,, and black boots on his hind legs. This was Spike Jones.

Exposition Boat. 4

Where are you? Calypso? Zekora?

Spell check 6

Calypso had been imprisoned in her pony form by the Brethern Court using the Nine Pieces-Of-Whatever-We-Had-In-Our-Pockets-At-The-Time.

That was a mouthful... 7

Spike had suggested something better like Pieces of Eight, but the Brethern was happy with their name.

What the f*ck... 8

Spike had suggested something better like Pieces of Eight, but the Brethern was happy with their name.

Spell check x2 12
Was = were13

It was raining at Port Royal. The tea cups were overflowing as sheet music blew around. Cadence Mi Amore, soon to be Cadence Sparkle, stood under the stone roof of the church...

"Rain to signal something sad or ominous," cliche 14

Longboats were rowing to shore as soldiers from the East Equestria Trading Company stormed the shore, followed by their leader, a unicorn mare witha sky-blue coat and a white mane and tail wearing a black coat, black pants, black boots, a white-and-gold vest, and a dark blue three-pointed hat.

Man, you and these hyphens 15
Also, space (witha=with a)16

The soldiers broke down the door to the local blacksmith and arrested the white unicorn with a dark blue mane and tail wearing an old-fashioned baby blue suit and boots, before they brought him to the church.

I wonder if you can explain too much? 17

Cadence ran up to her groom, Shining Armor. "Why is this happening?" she asked him.

"I don't know... you look beautiful," said Shining Armor.

"You know, it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding," said Cadence.

Holy sh*t! I was joking :rainbowlaugh: 18

The mare turned around. "Governor Romeo Mi Amore, it's been far too long," she said.

"Trixie Lulamoon?" said Governor Mi Amore.

"Actually, it's 'Lady Trixie Lulamoon,'" said Trixie.

Ohohohoo, Lord F:yay:ing Beckett 19

The warrent for the arrest of one Shining Armor Sparkle," said Trixie, levitating the parchment over to Governor Mi Amore.
Reading the parchment, Governor Mi Amore's jaw dropped. "Th-this warrent is for Cadence Mi Amore!" he said.

"Really? Whoopsies, my bad, arrest her," said Trixie nonchalantly.

"On what charges?!" said Cadence as soldiers put shackles on her.

"No!" said Shining Armor.

"Aha! Here's the one for Shining Armor," said Trixie, giving the right one to Governor Mi Amore. "And I have another one for a Miss Lightning Dust, is she present?"

"What are the charges?!" demanded Cadence.

"Commodore Dust resigned her comission some time ago. Some kind of incident with a hurricane, I believe," said Governor Mi Amore.

"That's not the answer to the question I asked," said Trixie.

Word. For. Word! 29

"We are under the jursitiction of Celestia's governor of Port Royal, and you will tell us what we are charged with," said Cadence.

F:yay:ck!! 39

"The charge... is 'conspiring to free a pony convicted of crimes against the crown and empire, and condemed to death, for which the...'" read Governor Mi Amore aloud, before a look of horror fell across his face.

"For which the punishment, unfortunately, is also death," said Trixie. She approached Cadnece and Shining Armor. "Perhaps you recall a certain pirate by the name of Rainbow Dash."

"Captain," said Shining Armor and Cadence.

"Captain Rainbow Dash," said Cadnece, fessing up.

"Captain Rainbow Dash. Yes, I figured you might," said Trixie.

I am not even gonna say it... 59
Spell check x3+4

"Fifteen stallions on a Dead Stallion's Chest. Yo ho ho, and a bottle of cider. Drink, and Hades, had done for the rest. Yo ho ho, and a bottle of cider."

Okay, you get a few knocked off for successfully rearranging Gibbs song in this scene. -5

A bell rang at the prison as guards dragged a new, frightened-out-of-his-mind, prisoner in while crows ate a few of the other prisoners alive.

Hyphens 176

A sky-blue hand holding a pistol poked out of the hole, before the rest of the pony, a Pegasus mare with a messy rainbow colored mane and tail wearing a black vest,a dark blue shirt, black pants, black bell-bottomed boots on her hind legs, a belt with a sword, a compass, and a pistol holster on it, and a necklace with a rusty lightning bolt pendant. Captain Rainbow Dash reached into the coffin and grabbed her dark brown, three-pointed hat.

Wonder if there is a such thing as too much explaina- 177

"Sorry about this," said Rainbow before she ripped the leg off the pony skeleton inside the coffin and using it as an ore. "Say, you wouldn't mind if we made a little side trip, would you?" With a smirk she added, "I thought not."

Rainbow rowed the coffin over to The Black Pearl. She flew up to the deck and handed Applejack the leg.

At this point it's damn near predictable... 178

Sin Talley: 178 x 3 = 356
Sentence;Plagarism While you're in Spike Jones' locker

Afterword

Well I didn't know that you would copy each scene from the dialogue to the action. That was the main turn off for me, not that your story is bad. But I was expecting a little originality or deviation from the movie itself. I've seen all four multiple times, and I can tell that you have and put a lot of work into this, but I will not be going past the first chapter as in sin reviews. BUT! I will continue reading. I wanna see what ponies equal some of my fave characters in the move.

~Mr. L.Rager

P.S. Why wasn't Rarity Callipso!! :raritydespair::moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1