• Published 22nd Nov 2013
  • 13,409 Views, 853 Comments

Saviour or Destroyer? - Dropbear



Desperation forces people to do desperate things, things that can lead to a new beginning, or a swift and brutal end.

Comments ( 163 )

"Oh, it's 4AM, I'll just check what's updated and then go to sleep."
Nope. I got 13 thousand words that need reading.

Edit: I am looking forward to that sequel. I was wondering about the coffee date the whole time.

4455019

I think they were more focused on 'Why are these strange creatures blowing up our castle' rather then where they came from. Once it was revealed, they were in the middle of a war.

As was hinted in the chapter, the sequel will focus on the Equestrians learning more about their unfriendly visitors while also seeing how the planet has changed.

Soo, did sex actually happen or was it just cuddling?

“So you didn’t…?”
“No,” Luna lied.

That makes me think sex happened, but it might have referred to something else.

Ohh yeah, pretty awesome chapter! I hope Luna finally understand just how bipolar we are.

4455133

No, it happened.

Besides, imagine the future negotiations if Chalmers and Luna are in the same meeting room...

4455147 And Celestia's reaction when she catches on. :rainbowlaugh:

Btw, there was this little something something with a certain pouch and request. Got any plans for that yet? :pinkiehappy:

4455164

Oh, if only if you knew where I was taking NMC, E. Let's just say that it could be far more likely than you think.

4455189

I will, don't worry.

Probably won't be for a while though, I want to get some of my other fics done before starting new things.

4455179

Dis gunna be gewd :trollestia:

Ah, Nigel don't ever change, your too awesome.

Glorious.
I wonder what it would be like to have an ISA commander for a father? :trixieshiftright:

4455324

One theme that will certainly be explored in the sequel.

Only complaint was the 'Over and Out' thing.

When you end the transmission, it's the caller who does it. With how you wrote it, it feels as if the pilot was the one who said it.

And it's only 'Out'. Never 'Over and Out'. Over for ending sentences in the middle of a conversation and 'Out' for the end and said by the caller.

That's all. Will wait for the sequel with bated breath.

Ha!

Luna got laid...and loved it.

This guy's awesome, I happily await the sequel! :twilightsmile:

4455147
You couldn't write how *edit* Luna, I meant Luna. *edit* would react to her enjoying her sex/self with Nigel, could you?

Seriously, how the hell would your version of Celestia even react to that, and I mean after the complete shocked silence.... :rainbowhuh:

4455585
Oh, and every single god forbid that Celestia gets sexually involved with him as well....:derpyderp1:

Please don't kill Stevens. I wanna see some more of his antics with Wind Slash in the sequel.

I might have a sequel in the works...

10/10 would read again!

Keep being Awesome!

When did Stevens get promoted?.

Oh Stevens when Nigel gonna get you this gonna happen

4455327
Bleak will have one interesting childhood.:pinkiehappy:
And maybe Nigel's little romp with Luna made something more...interesting:moustache:
Pregnant Luna anyone?
Loved the story can't wait for the sequel!

I came.
I read.
I was pleased.
Good end to a fun story.

An amazing and satisfying end to a great and absolutely hilarious story. Thanks for the great ride and I look forward to your future works.

I loved this story, and it is your first finished one that includes Nigel! I hope that we could do something together in the future, as you enhoy my writing and vice versa.

*insert slow clap here* now I'm sad! the fic is over and now we wait for a hopeful sequel. Still love this fic might retread it later in the future as well, you did a great job. :yay:

APS

Details regarding the planet’s atmosphere, mineral deposits, water levels and approximate age filled the screen, the planet appearing to only be around twenty-thousand years old. The Admiral deduced that according to the young age, the reported sapient life forms and the small sun seemingly made for the planet that the world had been artificially created or terraformed by a class-D civilisation or higher. From what the ISA report told him he suspected that the original makers either died out or abandoned the planet, future investigations would be needed once the more pressing matters had been attended to.
(chapter: Just Some Friends I Brought With Me)

would love to see the equestrians reaction to living on an artificially created/terraformed planet in the sequel.
And what the humans investigations reveal about it.

4457123

Yeah.

Maybe the previous owners return...

Dropped from orbit onto the planet that Colonel Stevens was on.
The same Colonel who had just been seen insulting Nigel.

When did Stevens become a Colonel, doesn't that mean he outranks Nigel now?.

4457493

Whoops, that's what I get for working on two fics at once.

I seriously thought nigel would either write a note for luna telling all the things thet didn't do or that he forgot about her being on the ship.
Priceless chapter as always. You never disapoint to make us laugh till we cry.

4457498 Yeah I read that and I was like "WTF when did that happen" cause it was in there twice and in your authors note at the end.

Great ending by the way; you wrapped things up nicely and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I hope the UIP doesn't double cross the Changelings and use them as scientific test subjects. I love Changelings (especially Chrysalis, hnnng so sexy) and I want things to work out for them.
I'd love to see Chrysalis tricked out with Cybernetics and Nano-Tech; and since she's the leader of a UIP client race she would probably have a lot of political power and take to UIP politics like a fish to water.

Also are we finally going to see the fabled UIP emperor everyone talks about. Based on the fact that there's a religion about him and the general craziness of the UIP I'm guessing he's a cross between the Emperor of Mankind of 40k and Raoul Duke.

4457587

Nah, you don't need to worry about double-crossing. It's a kind of 'once you'e in, you're in' situation. The changelings aren't just a client race, they are a full part of the UIP. It's already been mentioned that the UIP does have other races in it, it's just that humans are the most common.

As for science experiments, let's just say that the changelings will benefit from the agreement.

With meeting the UIP Emperor, well, that could happen. It's kinda intimitating to write someone with that much power, but having Chrysalis meet him would be interesting. I'll have to think about that point.

4457610 Phew that's good, Chrysalis is my waifu so I automatically hate fics were she's treated badly.

As for the Emperor I've had an idea of what he would be like. I imagine he's the first human psyker and he was born sometime on ancient Terra (about 6000 B.C) and he appears as a young man perpetually in his mid twenties; his powers are so great that he can repair his own DNA resulting in eternal youth. since he was born on ancient earth and presumably had kids during his impossibly long lifetime (I imagine the UIP exists sometime in the 3rd or 4th millenium) all humans to date are in someway related to him, this would be where the psyker gene comes from, although even the most powerful mortal psyker is nothing compared to him. If normal psykers have a tumor that generates psionic energy then his whole nervous system would be composed of psionic tissue; he can brainwash entire armies into killing themselves, teleport over interstellar distances, and crack planets in half with a gesture.

As for his personality I imagine him being rather wild and crazy like Nigel. He's very laid back and relaxed with a casual view on life. He's rather immature and hates formalities and political functions and would rather stay at his palace and smoke weed while watching Game of Thrones re-runs. In troubling times however he is an incredibly wise leader who can draw upon eons of life experience to solve any problem and is extremely charismatic and charming when he needs to be. He acts very casual around regular people due to the fact that being considered a god is very lonely and he just wants someone to hang out with.

As for meeting Chrysalis I can envision him becoming infatuated with her. After having grown bored with human lovers over the centuries he has developed a rather "exotic" taste in women, and with Chrysalis's ridiculously powerful sex appeal, well lets just say the UIP might have a new empress in the future.

I can see him and Nigel hanging out and doing crazy stuff together.

Emperor: "Nigel Chalmers, with your gun barrel glowing so bright, won't you join my slaying tonight".

4457808

Well, sorry to crush that headcanon, but the UIP has had multiple emperors (and a few empressess).

They tend to be top military leaders who are voted in by hundreds of the UIP's Military Commanders (for example, the boss of Chalmer's boss, the Director of the ISA, has a seat on this military board).

As an emperor or empress though, they do have access to the best of the best in genitic modifications.

Immortality being one perk.

Most Emperors/Empresses are still alive, they got sick of ruling and retired (while still keeping their genitic perks.)

The current Emperor is certainly powerful, and I will intend to explore it in the sequel.

4458678 Oh well, that was just my inner 40k fanboy speaking there anyway. I mean mysterious Emperor, religion focused on him, interstellar empire, psionic powers; it was an inevitable conclusion.

but that way is just as good. Maybe they could meet some of these former Emperors and Empresses.

THE PERFECTION IS TO PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4458709

They don't worship the Emperor, the main religon has a seperate god.

He's just incredibly powerful. As in order-the-death-of-universes powerful.

loved it... now, where do i find more?

I applaud you on a great story and I can't wait for more.

I hope if you do a sequel Celestia realizes that Equestria is pretty much in a technological stagnation after seeing how far the changelings advance thanks to the Humans and that its pretty much all her fault

*stands up and crystal while clapping with all my might* ENCORE ENCORE!!!

WELP! Stevens is fucked. also, can you work on "Nigel M Chalmers, Emperor"?

Well damn. I expected you to draw out attacking the griffons for a few more chapters. In either case, I wasn't expecting this to end yet. Knowing that this was the last chapter, I had an odd feeling while reading after all the war and death was over. I liked how the date with Luna was handled. Nice to see that bit of Nigel interacting with Horizon. A part of me would like a sequel: something more slice-of-life-y that shows what happens after, like what happens to the changelings. I recall that religious guy being told he could preach as much as he wanted after the war was done I think.
In any case, it's been a fun ride. Glad that there are stories by you for me that are still up.

the human changeling course
It happens to the best of us.

I fear for what you’re people will go through.

your*

Also, lovely story. Some of the word choice didn't quite fit the characters sometimes, and the IQ of the pony princesses seemed about twenty points lower than cannon, but to be fair cannon doesn't really give them a stable characterization either.

I hope to see the sequel soon!

Bravo, I love the humor in this fic... it would be in my top 10 list.

God, I remember when there was only one chapter up. It's been a good ride everyone.

Whoop! The ending scene was very funny.

It's good in a way to see your first Chalmers fic come to a close.
But I'm looking forward to any sequel's. Keep it up!

Login or register to comment