• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 6,522 Views, 38 Comments

My Big Sister, Best Friend Forever - yodajax10



After doing a lesson with Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash discovers a secret about her biggest fan.

  • ...
8
 38
 6,522

Resolutions

The next afternoon, Rainbow Dash was sitting on her cloud, thinking. Her friends, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie was walking around until she noticed Rainbow Dash.

"Hello, Rainbow Dash." said Twilight, smiling.

"Hiya!" said Pinkie Pie, drinking a smoothie.

"Hey," said Rainbow Dash as she looked down.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Is something wrong?" said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash sighed. "If I tell you guys something," She said. "Do you promise not to tell anyone?"

"We promise." said Twilight.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" said Pinkie Pie. "So what is it?"

Rainbow Dash levitated to the ground. "I found something out about Scootaloo..." said Rainbow Dash.

"You mean your biggest fan?" said Twilight, jokingly.

Rainbow Dash smirked at that, but then got back to the point. "Well, it's..." Rainbow Dash then sighed. "She's an orphan."

Twilight's eyes widened while Pinkie Pie spit out her smoothie all over Twilight, which annoyed her.

"SHE'S AN ORPHAN?!" said Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash instantly put her hooves over Pinkie Pie's mouth. "Be quiet!" said Rainbow Dash, silently but still irritated.

"When did you find this out?" said Twilight.

"Just last night." said Rainbow Dash. "She's staying at my home right now. I just don't know what to do. She's been at an orphanage, but she's been treated horribly because of her flying skills."

"Well, this is something you really need to think of." said Twilight. "I work all the time, but I still managed to raise Spike since he was a baby."

"That's right!" said Pinkie Pie. "And a party planner like myself always had the best time for little Jinkie Pie when he was a foal."

"And may I remind you that Scootaloo is really attached to you." said Twilight. "She sees you more then just an idol, like a big sister."

Rainbow Dash thought for a second. "She did tell me she wanted me to be like her big sister." Rainbow Dash said.

"If you ever need any help deciding what you're gonna do. just come to me." said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash watched Twilight and Pinkie Pie walk away as she still thought of what to do.

The next morning, Rainbow Dash then flew Scootaloo to school.

"See ya later, Scoots!" said Rainbow Dash.

"See ya!" said Scootaloo.

Before Rainbow Dash could take off, the teacher Cheerliee walked out.

"Excuse me, Rainbow Dash?" Cheerliee called.

Rainbow Dash then flew down. "What's up?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Since Scootaloo is with you, do you think you could help Scootaloo with her math?" Cheerliee asked. "She's having a little trouble."

Rainbow Dash's eyes widened. "I'll uh, see what I can do." said Rainbow Dash.

"Thank you." Cheerliee said. As the teacher walked inside, Rainbow Dash instantly sped off to the library where Twilight and Spike lived. She began knocking on the door frantically. "Hey Rainbow Dash," said Twilight. "How's it going with Scoo-" Twilight didn't finish as Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"I heard Scootaloo was having trouble with math, but I don't know any math so how can I help her with math if I don't know how to do math?!" said Rainbow Dash, frantically.

"Alright, Rainbow Dash." said Twilight. "I'll help you. Come on inside, we got a lot of work ahead of us." Rainbow Dash then walked inside with Twilight.

As the afternoon came along, Rainbow Dash felt she became smarter. She was looking outside the window of her house, smiling. She then saw Scootaloo walking in looking sad. "Hey, Scoots!" said Rainbow Dash. "Is something wrong?"

"It's this math." said Scootaloo. "It's really hard."

"Really hard, huh?" said Rainbow Dash, smirking. "Need help?"

Scootaloo grinned. "Really?" Scootaloo said.

"It's no biggie." said Rainbow Dash. "So let's get started."

Tutoring went will with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, and the next day, Scootaloo was really excited.

"I got an A!" said Scootaloo. "I passed my test!"

"Great job, kiddo!" said Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash. "Thanks Rainbow Dash," said Scootaloo. "For everything." Rainbow Dash then smiled at Scootaloo as she wrapped her wings around Scootaloo, sharing a hug with her.

It has now been a week since Rainbow Dash took Scootaloo into her home, and right now Rainbow Dash had finally made the decision of what to do. One day, Rainbow Dash let Scootaloo play with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle because she had a surprise for her.

That night, Scootaloo started to yawn. "It's starting to get late, guys." said Scootaloo. "What do you say we continue our Crusading tomorrow?"

"Sure thing, Scootaloo," said Apple Bloom. "But we've got a little surprise for ya."

"Surprise?" said Scootaloo. "Do you think we could wait until tomorrow? Rainbow Dash might be worried about me."

"I don't think you have to worry about that." said Sweetie Belle, smiling. Scootaloo looked really confused, but then decided to follow her friends.

They walked over to the library. "What are we doing here?" said Scootaloo.

"You'll see." said Apple Bloom.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all opened the door and...

"SURPRISE!"

Staff edit: Image used without permission of artist removed

Scootaloo saw that she was greeted by Twilight, Spike, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Derpy, Cheerliee, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Mayor Mare and especially Rainbow Dash.

"Wow!" said Scootaloo. "What's going on here?"

"Rainbow Dash?" said Mayor Mare, smiling.

Rainbow Dash then pulled out a scroll. "Give this a read, Scoots." Rainbow Dash said, grinning.

Scootaloo looked at the scroll and read.

"This Document hereby certifies that Rainbow Dash is now the legal guardian and sister of Scootaloo through the process of adoption, and shall hence-forth have the care of her. Signed, Mayor Mare, Rainbow Dash and Princess Celestia"

As Scootaloo finished reading, she smile as tears welled up in her eyes. "Does that really mean that-"

Rainbow Dash had her arms open, smiling. "Come over here...sis."

Scootaloo grinned excitedly as she and Rainbow Dash shared a hug. All the ponies smiled at this as Rarity got a little teared up. Princess Luna smiled as she looked up to her older sister. This was a really happy event.

That night, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were ready to go to bed. "Hey, Scoots." said Rainbow Dash. "You think maybe tomorrow we could help make a room for ya?"

"Eh, that can wait." said Scootaloo as she jumped in bed and snuggled with Rainbow Dash. "As long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

Rainbow Dash smiled as she looked at Scootaloo who was now sleeping. Rainbow Dash then gave a little kiss to Scootaloo on the head and wrapped her hoof around her. "Goodnight, sis." She said before drifting off to sleep.

THE END

Comments ( 24 )

Too. Much. D'awww. :raritycry:

Wow....just.....wow.
THE FEEL TRAIN HAS NO STOPS.

That last picture made me pinkie-pie smile :pinkiehappy:

THE D'AWWS!!
YOU GAVE ME YHE D'AWW FLU YOU SICK BASTARD!:raritydespair:

No. But.....

D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... I need to get to the hospital NOW.

-NekoThaCat Out-

da feelz man got tiery eyed reading this:pinkiesad2: it was so beutiful well written:twilightsmile:

........cute........

This was very well written.

I liked how the author stayed true to the attitudes and such of every character, depicting them with accuracy on par with the show. The way it was written presents it to be blah blah blah fic blah blah blah Rainbow Dash blah blah Luna is best princess blah blah blah

I just hate it that sometimes, people over-analyze a story and not just enjoy it for what it is.

Here. Have a :moustache:.

Aw.. man. :pinkiesad2::fluttercry: You made my heart beat hard, and the feels is overflowing. :raritycry: Scootaloo, you finally got a big sister in your idol, and now your guardian Rainbow Dash. :twilightblush::pinkiehappy::heart: Wonderful story.:pinkiehappy:

Two people don't have hearts.:facehoof:
How could anyone dislike this?

You don't leave me with room for any other feels.

3061919 Because they can, you know. Because they can.

Testify!!!!

Those feels... You win.:heart::heart::fluttershysad:

It was nice, short and sweet. I will say you moved WAY too fast for any real development. It was still nice though. :eeyup:

3422069 Yeah, I will admit, it did seem a little rushed. But I'd also look at A Sister's Promise by GunsNRoses365, I admit it's a lot better then mine. :-)

Comment posted by Lightning Shaker deleted Jan 9th, 2014

Fast-paced to the point of feeling a bit rushed, but still fun, and still sweet, and still brought a smile to my face.

:pinkiegasp: OMIGAWD THATS SUPER ADORABLE!!! :pinkiesad2::rainbowkiss:

I fail to understand how I ALWAYS know SOMETHING is gonna happen between those two and STILL manage to choke on feels when it happens. Applejack says that was sure somethin'

Who is Jinkie Pie? You making up family members for the Pies?

Aww. I love it. I really wish they did more with Rainbow and Scoot. Especially in the final season, she should have taken her in during the last crusade, and Rainbow didn't mention her when Rarity and Applejack were worried about their sisters.

Login or register to comment