• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 12,490 Views, 275 Comments

The Girls - Chelis



When the main six find themselves in our world, it is up to one high school student to protect them from forces that want to exploit them and the portal to Equestria for their own ambitions.

  • ...
62
 275
 12,490

PreviousChapters Next
The Last Weekend 3-8

The first thing I remember was sitting at a table in the diner, surrounded by around ten to twelve glasses of shakes of many assorted colors:\; chocolate brown, vanilla white, and strawberry pink. All of them were in different states of melting; all of them untouched, surrounding me like a bouquet of flowers at a gravesite. The diner was packed, especially with everyone surrounding the corner table, all paying attention to me and my pain. I looked to Nassir. He looked hurt, a smile instead of a frown. His eyes were watery and I heard him and his cracked voice as he talked to his friends who joined us. It was as hard for him but he was fighting off the feeling, as if in his mind if he didn't show emotion she might return.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" Jenna asked.

"I must've zoned out, the last thing I remember was… the portal.”

The portal... It may have been, minutes, hours? Yet the pain and shock was still there.he girls… Rainbow Dash. I was thinking of her and the fact that I would be separated from her forever. The face of shock. The face of betrayal. The look of despair on her face as she disappeared back to her home, her hand reaching out to me. The last chance to change my mind and not destroy the portal.

"What happened?" I asked Jenna.

Everyone stopped to look at me. At least most were. Surprisingly, some were smirking and others were nodding with a smile.

"Well, I guess I have a hell of a tale to tell you." Jenna said as she took the least melted milkshake and gave herself a helping through the straw. She gave an audible grunt as she fought off the brain freeze.

"Alright, so where was I..."

***

When I gave the "Get the fuck out" order, we moved quick. The shards of glass were placed in a wooden crate and we sat it next to the broken frame. Nassir carried my brother on his back, and I made sure any trace of us there was picked up and taken with us.

There was a second tunnel with blast doors that took us to the home team dugout on the baseball field. It was a minute walk, and when we arrived at the wooden door, three quick raps was all it took. The door was opened and the bright sunlight greeted the group with its loving rays as we got out in a single file line, which was all they space the tunnel could afford us.

There was the sound of the helicopter hovering over us. The two that were waiting for us relocked the door with the rusted padlock and hasp, and we found ourselves with no place to go with two grieving men.

"So what now?" Josh asked as he tugged my hand to hold his. I wanted to concentrate more on getting the fuck out of there, but his hand with mine felt nice nonetheless.

"I'm hungry, let's go to the dinner." I said, craving fish and chips for some damn reason. We walked as a massive group to the dinner, trying to act as natural as we could. The police were wrapping up their investigation, but most of them were inside, save an officer or two on their phones. In the closest squad car was the ringleader, the guy my brother described as the one who started it all at a mall in the City of the Angels. He looked pathetic moping, the fact that the door was opened and he could as easily make a run for it, but chose not to.

My brother saw him, and as if instinct kicked in, he shook off Nassir and started to walk to the man.

"Brother, what are you doing?" I asked. He ignored me and continued his silent walk to him.

The mob leader seemed surprised to see my brother, and the fear began to set in.

"W-what did you do to the girls?!" He asked my brother.

"I had to destroy the portal. They are gone. I lost Rainbow Dash, who was the love of my life. All thanks to you. Now I get to show much hurt you have given me. There's no god right now, just me."

Ow the edge, brother.

"Oh shit!" Nassir hollered as he ran to my brother. By the time he had arrived to get my brother out of there, his hands were already around the mob leaders large neck and strangling the life out of him. The leader was unable to fight back because he was handcuffed. When Nassir forced his hands off him the guy went limp, his quick breaths interrupted by his crying.

"Calm yourself!" Nassir commanded my brother, who refused to stop from wanting to kill the guy.

"He has taken her from me! I can't let him go unpunished!"

"You don't think I'm suffering too? It happened! The quicker we move on the better!" Nas replied.

"No! He needs to…"

Nassir began to do a rear choke on my brother, with my brother wailing around furiously until he slowed, within seconds my brother passed out, unconscious and sitting on the asphalt floor.

"I have to feel for my brother, I would give that bitch ass a bullet to the head if I was as close to Dash as he was."

***

"The more I think about it, the better it makes you," Joshua said to me. I looked up at my hands to see smiles and nods from our classmates.

I couldn't believe I did all that, in my anger, in my rage, and my despair I nearly got all of us popped. No one seemed mad about it, that I nearly blew our cover. They understood.

"T-thanks," I answered. "I think that monster got what is coming to him," I said, a bit of a copout since the worst he would probably get was a criminal mischief charge and a slap on the wrist. But the motive, the why he and that mob were there and the implications of their crime were unforgivable. A new world was gone, a girl I loved, and five great friends were gone for good.

"A monster? Nah. They were just kids who didn't know better. To call him a monster would be calling us monsters. Who says we were the one in the wrong? We… We could of just as easily been monsters, but we didn't. That's what makes us great as humans is that we don't rely on instinct. The freedom to have choices is what makes us beautiful… But uh, I wouldn't know since I'm puro la raza con sin education, ese," he said with his accent as he took a sip of his soda.

"The girls… They would have loved that speech," I said. I felt it coming, like a bad case of food poisoning. I sink my face to my hands and began to sob. When a guy does it, it's not the most enjoyable sound. My sobs were the only sound around. I felt alone, guilty, and crushed. I felt the warm feel of my sister's upper body wrapping around my upper back. Nassir did the same with my right side. I felt the pressure of a third body on top of Jenna. It was Joshua.

They didn't say a word. They didn't try to keep me from crying. They let me grieve.

Author's Note:

I have a skype group (was discord, but moving it back to skype) for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/I1frSncTbUfN

PreviousChapters Next