• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 12,490 Views, 275 Comments

The Girls - Chelis



When the main six find themselves in our world, it is up to one high school student to protect them from forces that want to exploit them and the portal to Equestria for their own ambitions.

  • ...
62
 275
 12,490

PreviousChapters Next
The Last Weekend Day 1-9

I said nothing the rest of the way home because I was a nervous wreck. It was apparent on my face that I had something to hide. Even as I parked the van in front of the house through the back alleyway, I still had nothing to say. I tried to keep my mouth shut as I entered the door, but that quickly ended.

"We’re here, so tell us," Rainbow Dash said impatiently.

"Sit."

They all took their usual seats in the living room as I changed the input to the big screen to my computer, the episode was loaded, and it was ready to go. I was gonna tell them, honest I was. But I really hoped it wasn't like that, when I was cornered with questions and the only answer I had was... well, just the prospect of them in my world was confusing in the first place. But, I guess I thought all those answers would come in time.

I pressed play.

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this...

I walked behind them into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of Tennessee Whiskey and a can of coke. I generally wasn't a drinking man, but the situation called for it. It calmed me, but I forgot alcohol made me emotional. As soon as I heard the confused reactions of the girls realizing they were looking back at themselves, I finished my cup and walked over. They all saw themselves on the television now, so no use in dragging it out. Rainbow walked over to me, the sight of disappointment and confusion on her face.

“Is... this a joke?"

My silence was enough. She soaked my lack of words for a moment.

"Why didn't you tell us this before?"

"Well.. I.. I just couldn't.."

"So.. We're just some sideshow act?! How long have you known about this?"

I couldn't answer, I turned my back on them, trying to not answer, the guilt overwhelming me. Keeping it from them was a mistake. It was now my undoing.

"Look at me.. I said look at me!" Rainbow Dash said as she grabbed me by my chin and pulled it to face her.

"Why didn't you tell us! Tell me!"

"BECAUSE I WANTED TO PROTECT YOU," I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Do you know what would have happened if I told you? There could have been a high risk in doing that. For all I know the universe could have just vanished if I told you or you could have gotten hurt or worse! And I DIDN'T WANT THAT!

Dash was on the verge of tears, which made me feel more like shit because making her cry was the one thing I swore never to do, yet I was about to. I walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. "..And because most of all, I like you Dash.. And I didn't want to see anything happen to you. "

"So those guys back there..." Applejack asked,

"They're fans of the show... And you."

Applejack seemed mortified at the statement and visibly shuddered. "They’re all creeps like that?"

"Not really. It's how I recognized all of you in the beginning. And also Joshua is as well."

"Him?!" The girls screamed in shock. They never expected someone as tough and masculine to enjoy it.

"Yea, you should have seen the look on his face after he saw Fluttershy for the first time."

Fluttershy had the cutest blush at that moment.

Even with the quick lightheartedness, it didn't excuse me for fucking up.

"I.. I had to protect you from the truth," I said, letting go of Rainbow and starting my walk of shame out the door. I was gonna stay in my old room in the main house.

"I'm so sorry."

"You're not going anywhere," Rainbow Dash said, holding me against the wall

"Let go Dash.."

"No!"

"I've probably just ruined the friendship we all had, I honestly doubt you want anything to do with me," I said as I tried to wiggle away from her grip, but she only pinned me harder.

"What part of you're not going anywhere did you not understand!?"

"I've pretty much lied to all your faces and you still want me here? WHY!?"

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU, YA BIG IDIOT!" She screamed.

"W-what?"

"Yeah you lied to us, yes I'm outraged at you for hiding the truth from us, but I still lo- care about you and appreciate all you've done."

"Shoot if I didn't know any better I'd say we'd be completely up the creek without a paddle if it weren't for you." Applejack added.

"You've brought us all together when we needed each other the most!" added Twilight.

"And we're v-very grateful for that," Fluttershy chimed in.

"You're quite the friend," Rarity said.

"And we'll never leave your side!" Pinkie screamed.

"I don't deserve your friendships.. Let alone your compassion," I said. I knew it was the alcohol talking, but it just came out.

"Stop putting yourself down!"

"No! I feel as if I've committed the worst act a man can ever commit and it hurts me so much because..."

"Because why?"

"I-I'm afraid to lose you." I said with a single tear down my cheek.

"You're not going to get rid of me and my friends so quickly, egghead." Rainbow Dash said, right after she let go of me, only to wrap her hands tightly around me.

I looked into her magenta eyes and smiled while I wiped away her single tear and kissed her on the forehead. "I was hoping you would say that."

I wanted to revel in this moment for a little while, but Rainbow Dash had other ideas. She pinned me back against the wall.

"So, I remember you telling me that you were gonna tell us who of the six of us you like. You think I would forget?" Rainbow Dash asked with a grin.

Author's Note:

I have a Skype group for fans of my work, pre-readers, proofreaders, and editors. If you want to join this group (and Skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is mine skype) and tell me you want to join the group.

PreviousChapters Next