• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 12,538 Views, 275 Comments

The Girls - Chelis



When the main six find themselves in our world, it is up to one high school student to protect them from forces that want to exploit them and the portal to Equestria for their own ambitions.

  • ...
62
 275
 12,538

PreviousChapters Next
The Last Weekend 3-5

"How long did we buy you time?" Jenna asked as we were running down the stairs, each flight feeling like an hour.

"Not much, to be honest, but it should be enough. You guys were fucking something else I’ll tell y'all that." Nassir commented, leading the way for us from the roof to the hallway. The group that stayed in the hallway were setting up their traps for the mob, which were bracing things against the glass doors to stop them from breaking. They had yet to break the thick glass, but we knew it was only a matter of time. Once they broke through, they would have to break the chain we had put up. Unless they had a bolt cutter, they were not getting through.

We were given paintball guns to help in slowing them down. If we slowed them long enough, we could get the mirror moving. The ones we left behind in the bunker were trying to find a way to move it, but it was extremely heavy, to the point we would have to get a dolly or something with wheels to get it moving. Had the mob not shown up, it wouldn't be a issue to go get one. We were ready to fight; to defend the portal. Our hearts stopped and cold chills crawled all over us when the glass cracked and began to give way.

"Positions!" Jenna barked. Those with paintball guns were lined up at the the front of the hallway while everyone else was already retreating to the bunker. It took a few more hits before the glass from one of the doors shattered, with the other one breaking moments after. They were reaching to the door to unlock it but soon realized the door was locked.

"Ha! Didn't think we would do that, huh!?" Jenna said as she shot a few paintballs into the crowd.

"You think they have something to cut that? I asked. Taking a few pop shots into the crowd, hearing some of their screams of pain.

"They don't have no bolt cutter they don't- oh for fuck sakes!" Nassier hollered in frustration. They had one of them, being passed through the crowd.

"Well isn't this just fucking swell!" Jenna replied.

It took them a few minutes to cut the chain, albeit they needed someone with the strength to do it. They clearly had none at first.

"Remeber! Those girls are counting on us to protect them and their world. It may not come down to it but... protect it with your lives!" Jenna rallied.

As soon as the chain was cut, we started firing. As it was up on the roof, there were screams, crying, and people trying to shield themselves from the onslaught. The traps were being set off one by one. First was the marble drop, with hundreds of the little round balls which would cause the pile to slip and fall, slowing down their initial charge. The second trap was the school cafeteria grease we had waited to dump on them via a trip wire. The third trap was another round of the marbles.

The first trap slowed them down for a couple minutes as we continued pouring down shots. If they wanted to get to the girls, we would make them suffer for it. We were hoping to drive them off; to make them quit or retreat to give us a window to get out of there with the mirror.

"Man, they really must dig these chicks."

The second trap had the same effect, slowing them down to take our barrage of paintballs. A few got up and tried to get away afterwards. That gave us motivation to fire away because we had the logic of 'if enough of them quit, it would start a snowball effect of people giving up.’ But, since it was these girls, there was no way they were giving up. More so when they reached the third trap.

"Okay, this isn't going to work. Everyone back into the bunker!" Jenna commanded.

We ran back to the bunker as were were chased by the mob covered in paint and welts. I was the last one to fall back with the crowd on my heels. What saved me was a pushcart full of trash cans I ran across. Without thinking, I stopped, and tipped them over to slow down the horde, which was enough to give me a few-second head start to get in the first blast doors before they could reach it.

We caught our breathe, but soon started laughing after. I exchanged a sloppy high five with Nassir as Jenna gave me a kiss. We heard the banging from the door, and we knew that this time, it wasn't going to budge.

"We did it! We won!" Jenna said as we looked back to the rest of the crew farther down the hall. A few were walking back to the bunker while the rest were also catching their breath.

We began to laugh again, and with that laughing at everyone on the other side of the wall, I realized something was wrong. The door was moving.

"Shouldn't it withstand an atomic blast?" Nasir asked in concern.

A few flashlights to the door later, we found the problem: a leaking pipe had been dropping on the iron hinges for decades. All that erosion made the blast door weak.

"God dammit! Fall back!" I shouted as the iron hinges gave way to the crowd. We ran farther in the steel hallway, and like before, I was the last to get inside.

"Get things to barricade the door with!" Jenna commanded everyone. Within seconds, two-man teams were lifting tables and piling them next to the door. Each one was heavy, metallic, and hard to budge. Whatever they were using as a battering ram, it was also doing a number on the second door as well.

"Has my brother returned yet?" Jenna asked frantically. She was tempting the idea of going in the portal and dragging him out of Equestria herself, but so many things could have gone wrong. "God dammit, brother, what's taking so long?!" She mumbled to herself as she helped me lift another table.

Author's Note:

I have a discord server for fans and editors because why the fuck not. If you want to join this group here is the link: https://discord.gg/0imP1YgB4wTe071u

PreviousChapters Next