• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 8,346 Views, 125 Comments

Spike & Fluttershy - Ice Fire



When Rarity turns Spike down when he asks her to go to the Canterlot Dance with him, Fluttershy comes in and tries to cheer him up by going to the dance with him...

  • ...
10
 125
 8,346

Taking Flight

Two days after the Canterlot Dance...

...

Spike looked up into the shimmering sunset. He sat upright while on the top of a hill, getting a perfect view of the setting sun of Celestia.

What's more, he was with Fluttershy.

The pegasus admired the young dragon, and always had. She just wished that she had the courage to ask him on a date...
"Spike, isn't this a wonderful sight?"
"I know. It really is beautiful."
"I-I... Yes."

The yellow pegasus glanced to her side, where she was hiding a box. It was a gift for Spike. She just hoped it was good enough.
She took a deep breath and pulled out the box, exposing it to the baby dragon.

Spike smiled and stammered,
"F-Fluttershy, you d-didn't have to get me anything!"

Fluttershy smiled back and opened the box.

Inside it was a fire ruby carved into the shape of a heart, much like the ruby that Spike gave to Rarity, except it was smaller and was a necklace.
"For you."
She took the necklace from the box and placed it around Spike's neck.
Spike stared at the ruby, and saw his reflection in it.
He absolutely loved it.
"Flutters... Thanks."

Fluttershy stood up and unfolded her wings.
"Hey, do you care to fly with me?"







Taking flight. It was epic. Especially if you were a dragon who had spent his entire life on the ground.
Spike felt the wind blow onto his face. It was a great feeling.

Fluttershy dived, rolled, and ducked as she gave Spike the ride of his life in the sky. She, herself, was enjoying it, as this was her very first joyride (Or joy-fly?).
"Now I know how Rainbow Dash feels when she flies! This is cool!"
"I knoooooooow!"

As Spike held onto Fluttershy, he looked at the fire ruby necklace and then looked back at the pegasus. He had to shout in order for Fluttershy to hear his words over the wind.
"Fluttershy, I just want to tell you... That I've always sort of admired you for a little while."

Fluttershy didn't say anything in return, but Spike knew that she was smiling.
"Thaaaanks for the riiiiiide!"
"Yoooou're welcome, Spikey!"

Spike looked down on the lands, then at the rising moon of Luna. It was a sight for sore eyes. Just plain awesome.

Fluttershy dived down, startling Spike a little. The pegasus was headed for the hill the two were on before Fluttershy took off.
They landed fast and tumbled onto the grass.
"Woah. That was cool. Thanks. I've never felt so alive."
"Me neither. It was.. pretty cool, I guess."
"Cool? It was awesome! No, EPIC!"

Fluttershy pulled him in for a hug, then noticed how late it was. Luna's moon was already shining.
"Spike, maybe you should go back to the library. Twilight might be worried!"

Spike shook his head.
"Nope. It's not that late."
"Are you sure? We've been flying for quite a long time."
"Really?"
Spike looked past Fluttershy, and saw the moon up in the dark sky.
"Oh."

He sat back on the grass, and Fluttershy did so also.

They stared at the moon for a few minutes, then looked at each other. They did not say anything, until Fluttershy broke the silence.
"Spike... Tonight was fun, right?"
"Yes. Thank you very much... For taking me to fly, this fire ruby, and most of all, being a great friend."

The two stared into each other's eyes for a minute.
Then they started to lean closer to each other.
Until...

Spike's lip pressed onto Fluttershy's, locking them in a heartwarming kiss.
After a second, they came apart, blushing.

Fluttershy smiled and Spike rubbed his arm.

M-my first kiss, they both thought.

Then they sat together on the grassy hill, staring at each other in the moonlight, unaware that they were being watched by a particular lavender pony through a magic window.








Twilight frowned as she watched Spike and Fluttershy together.

She was watching the two through a magic window she summoned.
She summoned the window because she was worried about Spike. It was midnight, after all.

The princess slowly closed the window and levitated a picture frame towards her.
The frame held a photo of her and Spike hugging.The alicorn had treasured it for as long as she could remember.

She held the picture frame close to her and hugged it.

"Spike... I love you..."

The moon shone brightly that very night.



The end... Or not.

Author's Note:

Sequel Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

Comments ( 35 )

Behold.

BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUM!

:twilightsheepish::heart::moustache:V.S.:moustache::heart::yay:

What an end.

My thoughts
:twilightsmile: I love you Spike
:moustache: But I'm in love with Fluttershy now
:twilightoops: But Spikeeeee
:moustache: And you're with Flash Sentry
:twilightangry2: But-
:moustache: Twilight, be with him for Faust's sake

Oh, yes, there must be a sequel. Aw... this was a sweet and very cute chapter with Fluttershy and Spike together, and Fluttershy taking Spike flying. However, I feel bad now that Twilight is having strong feelings for Spike now. :fluttershysad: This is going to be tough on the little dragon.

Oh, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... (arf! arf!) ...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Fuck off Twilight what you want is technically incest

well it's time to invoke the number rule in spike romance fics, if two or more mare love spike, it's harem time! :twilightsmile::yay::moustache:

Poor Twilight.
2832802 I know right.

Make the sequel. I must know what happens next. :flutterrage: Great story keep writing.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

A very sweet story. I definitely agree that there must be a sequel for this tale to be expanded.

Aww! Poor Twilight!:raritycry:

Flash done goof'd

Sequel?... I can't wait :yay:

Please, write the opinion from Twilight about the history.

Riz

2832609
:GASP: DUN DUN DUN !!! :rainbowderp:

SEQUEL!!!:pinkiegasp

SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bounces off the walls* sequel, sequel, SEQUELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

2832620i highly doubt that we will ever see Flash Sentry anymore he was just a fill in character.

Ok that was a strange and completely unexpected ending

Not bad i gave it a nice 6.8/10 can't wait for the sequel :twilightsmile:

It was a sweet but short read, not bad.:twilightsmile:

a cliff-hanger:pinkiegasp:Noooooooooooooooo!:flutterrage::flutterrage::fluttercry:

Haven't read a cliffhanger in ages

4247568

Don't worry- I just submitted the sequel. :pinkiehappy:

In short, for Twilight, it was a...

BAD ENDING.

Were the sequel

Huh, this was a bit rusged don'tcha think? Also, 4523175, where's the sequel? You said you submitted it but there's no link :rainbowhuh:
Edit: found the sequel and the canceled tag. Shame.

I hope Twi doesn't give any pony a bad time. *Twilight's eye flickers blue* WELCOME TO TWILIGHTLOVANIA!!

Loved it 11/10. I got a feeling that the sequal is gonna contain Twilight trying to interfere with FlutterSpike

10611697
I wrote this so long ago, I was so cringe back then. I don't even remember this.

This was a cute story :)

That was a cute story! :yay: :moustache:

Happy 10th Anniversary!

That was adorable

Login or register to comment