• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 8,346 Views, 125 Comments

Spike & Fluttershy - Ice Fire



When Rarity turns Spike down when he asks her to go to the Canterlot Dance with him, Fluttershy comes in and tries to cheer him up by going to the dance with him...

  • ...
10
 125
 8,346

A Dance??? (edited)

It was a perfect day in Ponyville. Not a cloud in the sky, everyone in a good mood, and all that. However...

Spike walked around, admiring the scenery around him. He was calm at first, unti he heard a familiar party shriek...

Pinkie Pie.

Suddenly, the pink mare rushed towards him, shoving a flyer in his face.

"LOOK, SPIKE!!! FLYERS TO A DANCE!"
"Gah, be more careful, Pinkie Pie!
"BUT READ IT!!!! IT'S HOSTED BY PRINCESS CELESTIA!!! A CANTERLOT DANCE!!!"
"A dance...?"
Spike held up the letter and read it out loud.

"Tonight, I am hosting a Canterlot Dance. It will take place in the Canterlot Castle, at 8:15 P.M.. It will be a wonderful party where you can all "party 'till it's morning".

"Yes, A DANCE! Spike? Spiiiike? You okay? Spike?"

The baby dragon was lost in his thoughts.

A dance would be perfect! And I can ask Rarity to be my date to this Canterlot Dance,

"Spike? Spiiiike?"
Spike perked up and pretended he was staring at the flyer.
"Uh, thanks, Pinkie! I'l go to the dance."
"YAY! I can't wait to party all night LONG!"
With that, the little pink Earth Pony hopped off, handing the flyers to other ponies.

Spike grinned happily at the flyer and said, "Time to ask my special unicorn out to the CANTERLOT DANCE!"

He walked away like a proud captain of a ship.


...


"Okay, guys. I gathered us all here to discuss something that Pinkie wants to tell us." Twilight Sparkle said, shifting her wings a bit.

The Mane 6 were all gathered in Twilight's library-home. They were holding a meeting to discuss the Canterlot Dance.

"Hopefully this time, it would actually make sense," Rainbow Dash muttered to herself.

Twilight glared at her, but told Pinkie that she could start. Pinkie dashed right up to a nearby table and started blabbering about the party.

"There will be epic music, and DJ- P0N-3 will be there! And there will be cake and refreshments, and--" Pinkie Pie was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.
Spike ran in. "S-sorry I'm late for the meeting, guys!" he apologized.
Twilight pulled her assistant to her side and patted him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy. It's nothing, really. Pinkie's just telling us about the Canterlot Dance.

Pinkie Pie stared at Twilight. "NOTHING REALLY?! NOTHING REALLY?! It'll be the most important night of our lives!"

Rarity covered her ears and shouted, "Pinkie Pie! You are literally breaking my eardrums!"

Pinkie Pie apologized and went back to talking about the party.

"Whew. Anyways, there will be cake, refreshments, party canons, DJ, and ALL OF THAT AMAZING PARTY-DANCE STUFF! SO BRING YOUR DATES! BECAUSE TONIGHT WILL BE THE--" Pinkie Pie stopped to pull out a megaphone and shouted, "GREATEST NIGHT EVEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!"

Pinkie finally calmed down and said, "Okay, group dismissed!



...



Spike approached the large circular building that was the Carousel Boutique, wearing a tuxedo and holding a rose. He hoped that Rarity would say yes when he asks her if she'll be his date to the Canterlot Dance. He nervously knocked on the door.

"Sweet Celestia, I hope this turns out good."

Author's Note:

What? Too short?