• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 8,346 Views, 125 Comments

Spike & Fluttershy - Ice Fire



When Rarity turns Spike down when he asks her to go to the Canterlot Dance with him, Fluttershy comes in and tries to cheer him up by going to the dance with him...

  • ...
10
 125
 8,346

Dancing With You

Fluttershy blushed and widened her eyes.
"Sp-Spike! I-I--"

Spike handed the white rose to Fluttershy and she happily placed it in her hair, like a decoration.
"Hello, milady. Now. Don't we have a dance to attend?"

"Yes, yes we do. Nothing can possibly go wrong."






The two reached Canterlot Tower on time.

Before they entered the castle, they happened to meet with Rarity and Thunderlane.

Fluttershy greeted them.
"Rarity! Welcome! Who's your date?"

Rarity smiled at Thunderlane.
"This is Thunderlane. The most handsome pegasus in Equestria."

Thunderlane blushed.

Spike walked Fluttershy inside.
They both widened their eyes when they entered.

The hallway was beautiful.

"WOAH..."
"Spike, this is.... wow."
"I can't believe this."
"Me niether."

The two walked around, admiring the decorations that were put up.

"Hey, Fluttershy!"

The pegasus turned to him.
"Yes?"
"How about I get us some punch?"

The baby dragon pointed to a table with a fruit punch bowl on it.

Fluttershy smiled at him.
"Thank you so much. You are such a gentledragon."

Spike ran to get the fruit punch. He grabbed two empty plastic cups, and filled them with the juice.
Then, something horrible happened.
While Spike was running back to Fluttershy, he tripped over somepony's hoof and spilled the punch all over his date.

"GAH!"

"Oh no! I-I am so sorry, Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy tried to avoid being embarrased. Luckily, no one seemed to be paying attention to them. There were a lot of people there, anyway.

Spike rushed away to get some napkins (sure, he could have gotten paper towels, but he wasn't thinking.).

"Here! Fluttershy!"

The dragon tried to wipe away the stain, but the dress had already absorbed it.
"Oh, no! I am SO sorry, Fluttershy! I-It was an accident!"

The yellow pegasus put her arm (if she had any arms) around the dragon.
"I-it's okay, Spikey. It was an accident. And accidents happen."

The baby dragon moped and sighed.
"Hopefully it won't happen again."
Fluttershy didn't say anything. Instead, she nodded slightly and managed to smile.

Spike tried to change the subject.
"Hey, look! It's Twilight and Flash Sentry!"

The two spotted Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry walking towards them.

"Spike! Fluttershy! Isn't this place great?"
Twilight said.
"Hey, Fluttershy, what happened to you? You look... soaked."

Fluttershy turned away in embarrasment.
"Um, nothing..."

Twilight stared at her.
"Oooh... kay? Well, guys. Meet Flash Sentry! Isn't he charming?"

Flash Sentry modestly smiled.
"Th-thanks, Twilight."
"Hm-hm."
"Hey, so the first dance is starting!"

Spike widened his eyes and turned to Fluttershy.
"Did you hear that? The first dance is starting!"

Fluttershy smiled.
"R-Really? Then what are we waiting for?"

The two heard some loud feedback from a microphone. They turned to a DJ table, and they saw DJ Pon3 holding a microphone to her mouth.
"Testing, testing, one-two-three. Alright! Is everypony having fun?"

The whole main hall cheered.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

The DJ, Vinyl Scratch, yelled into the microphone.
"ALRIGHT THEN! LET'S PARTY!"

Suddenly, random strobe lights burst out and came on. Then, epic music played from the DJ's turntable.

"Fluttershy! Isn't this cool so far?"

The yellow pegasus looked around.
"Uh, I'm not sure what to do right now..."
"Well, that's easy! We dance!"

Spike started to dance along with the music that was playing- the Cotton Eyed Colt.

"Come on, Fluttershy! Everypony knows this dance!"
"O-Okay..."

Fluttershy started off the dance slowly, then came into a rush.
"Woo-hoo! This is fuuun- woah!"

The pegasus accidentally bumped into a unicorn. Then the unicorn bumped into Twilight, then Twilight bumped into Flash Sentry, then Flash Sentry bumped into a unicorn with a lyre for a cutie mark...

"Oh! Oh no!!!"
"Woah, Fluttershy. It's a pony domino course."
"Oh man. This is all my fault!"

Spike tried to comfort her, but the yellow pegasus was freaking out. She tried backing away, but tripped over Spike's foot and fell on top of...

"Princess Celestia!" somepony shouted.

Fluttershy had fell on top of the most powerful alicorn in the history of alicorns.
"Oh my! I am so sorry, Miss Princess Celestia!"

Princess Celestia stood up straight and nudged Fluttershy with a wing and walked away to the DJ table.

Spike's mouth hung open.
"Woah. Just... uh..."
"Oh, Spike! This is a horrible night..."
"Relax. I'm sure that nothing will happen again."
"I sure hope you're right..."

They watched as the princess of Canterlot walked up to the DJ table and was handed the microphone.
"Welcome, and good evening everypony. I sure hope that you all are having a good time. I am here to tell you that very special guests are here today. Put your hooves together for Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor!"

Two ponies walked into sight.

Everypony clapped.

Princess Cadence smiled and took the microphone that was handed to her by Celestia.
"I hope that all of you have the greatest night of your lives. This dance is very wonderful, and was out together by me, my husband, Princess Luna, and Princess Celestia. Please enjoy the Canterlot Dance."

With that, Vinyl Scratch bust out a beat and everypony went back to dancing.

Spike and Fluttershy on the other hand, remained silent.
Finally, Spike spoke up.
"So. Let's dance?"

Fluttershy still stood silent.
She muttered something under her breath, but Spike didn't hear.
"Sp-Spike... Tonight wasn't what I dreamed it would be."

Spike felt bad for her.
"Listen, Flutters. Some nights may be wonderous, and others may be horrible. But just remember. It always gets better."

Fluttershy slouched and moped.
"B-But... It hasn't go--"

She was interrupted by Vinyl Scratch.
"Alright! Now it's time to bring it dooown for a second! Mares, gentlecolts, now's your time to dance."

The strobe lights changed to pink spotlights, and the music turned into a slow song. A slow song where couples dance.

Fluttershy's eyes began to water.
"I-I need to go..."

She stormed out of the main hall and outside, moping in the moonlight.

Spike was puzzled.
"Wait! Futtershy! What's wrong?"

He decided to chase after her. He ran outside, and saw Fluttershy just moping around.

"Flutters... What happened?"

Fluttershy turned around to look at him, revealing that she had tears dripping down her cheek.
"This night... was supposed to be the greatest night ever in the history of greatest nights ever... but it was instead the worst and most humiliating night in my life."
"But, remember what I said! Things will always get better!"
"I don't think they will."

Spike held his hand out.

"Listen, Fluttershy. Your night may have some flaws, but you still haven't had your dance yet. So I will give you that dance."

Fluttershy stared at his hand, then managed to grin.
"Spike..."

She placed her hooves in his claws...

And they began to dance to the beat of the music coming from the inside.

"Fluttershy...There's something that I realized..."
"Spike... Thank you so much. For this dance. You really made this night special."
"Thank you, also, Fluttershy. I wouldn't give this dance for anything in the world. You... You are a great friend."

The two enjoyed their dance, and they didn't notice the spotlight that was focused on them and the huge crowd watching them from inside.

Author's Note:

BOOSH! REFERENCE TO THE COTTON EYED JOE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAH!

...So. Good chapter, eh?

Dawww meter: HIGH