• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 8,346 Views, 125 Comments

Spike & Fluttershy - Ice Fire



When Rarity turns Spike down when he asks her to go to the Canterlot Dance with him, Fluttershy comes in and tries to cheer him up by going to the dance with him...

  • ...
10
 125
 8,346

The Dance Is Almost Here

It was 7:15.

Only one hour until the dance.

Fluttershy looked into her mirror, admiring what she was wearing. It was the dress that Rarity had made her for the Grand Galloping Gala.

"I hope I look right. I wouldn't want to dissappoint Spike. I can't believe I'm going with him."

She smiled at Angel and turned to the door.

"I guess that the dance is almost here!"





Spike looked into his mirror.

He was wearing the tuxedo that he wore to Rarity's house when he tried to ask her out, and he also wore a simple top hat.

He sighed.
"So. Fluttershy likes me. This is the wierdest love triangle ever. I have to figure this out."

Soon, Twilight came to him and blinked at him. Soon after, she laughed.

"Ahahaha! Is that really what you're wearing to the dance?"

Spike glared at her.
"Don't get me started. I am VERY confused and I have no time for clothes."

Twilight stopped laughing.

"You're still weird-looking. Anyways, do I look good? Princess Celestia is going to be at the party, and I want to look good."

Spike inspected her dress. It was blue, with strokes of purple around it.
"Yeah. Sure. You look great. Now, I'll go get Fluttershy."

Twilight raised her eyebrows and smirked.
"Alright. I'll go with you. You pick up your marefriend and you can romantically carry her to Canterlot."

Spike sneered and elbowed her.
"Heeeeey. Fluttershy is not my marefriend. We're just going as friends. You can fly to Canterlot on your own."

Twilight smiled.
"Okay! But are you sure you can go in the dark?:
"Yeah. It's really not that dark, though."
"Okay, Romeo. I'll go to Canterlot along with my date, then--"
"Wait, I thought you said you were going alone."
"I was, then Flash Sentry asked me to the dance."

Spike raised an eyebrow.
"Flash Sentry? Isn't he that dude you met in the other worl--"

Twilight placed a hoof over his mouth.
"Yeah. Yes it is."

Twilight unfolded her wings.
"I guess I'm going. I'll meet you there, Spike!"

With that, Twilight flew out of the house, out of sight.

Spike looked at his feet.
"I guess the dance is almost here."






It was 8:00

The dance was coming.

Fluttershy frantically looked for her butterfly-shaped earring, then found it in Angel's food bowl. She washed it and put it on.

"Oh, it's near eight fifteen! Spike must be on his way! Angel, play it cool! Just play it cool..."

Angel glared at her and shook his head. The little bunny pushed her to the couch.

"Okay, Angel. I'll relax." She sat down on the soft couch and took a deep breath.

"I'm just worried that I'll dissappoint Spike."

Angel shook his head.

"Thanks, Angel. I--"

Fluttershy was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"EEK! Uh, coming!"

Fluttershy dashed to the door fast and opened it.

There, in the doorway, was the little purple baby dragon, kneeling and holding out a white rose for the pegasus.

Author's Note:

SO SORRY FOR THE LONG DELAY! I WAS WORKING ON ANOTHER STORY CALLED "AT SUNSET". PLEASE FORGIVE ME!