• Published 27th May 2013
  • 4,600 Views, 111 Comments

Hope - Togashi



Born of a human and a pony, Satyrs are an incredibly rare sight, even in the magical world of Equestria. Lyra and I had never dreamt we would have a child. By some wonderful fluke, little Hope came into our lives. The best of both worlds, right?

  • ...
39
 111
 4,600
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 58 )

Yes update awesome.

But what about hope what will happen now?

That satyr is a spy!

FINALLY AN UPDATE :D
I can just imagine her going over there and being like whatcha doin'? •_• ummm nothing

I for-see a weird love triangle in our near future.
What makes it weird is that not all the members involved may know it!:twilightoops::pinkiegasp::derpyderp2:

Dis gettin' good~ Here's to hopin' for a Pony/Satyr/human threesome at some point~ :pinkiehappy:

Hope is clopping to them, obviously.

Damn lyra is a bitch, guess she's going to be the antagonist?
Lets hope he stops letting her step all over him.

I seem to recall Lyra leaving them, or has she simply forgotten who did what.

I bet hope is jelly right now.
Seriously would like to see lyra and him get back together tho, but that's just me.

2870503
Yes, she did, I simply thought it added more interest that she intentionally forgot that part.

I feel like Hope is imagining herself in Lyra's place. Wanting to ride her dad like her heart (and instincts) are begging her to. Am i right? :rainbowhuh: Am i? I feel like I am :rainbowderp:

Satyrs are not a mixture of pony and human. They're a mixture of goat and human.

2889626
I swear to god if anyone starts this stupid discussion again I'm just going to start deleting comments.

We are all aware of the Wikipedia definition of Satyrs, but for all intents and purposes, the fandom has chosen to use that term for these characters.

CODE RED! CODE RED! :pinkiegasp: We have a DEFCON 1 Electra Complex alert! :twilightoops: Confidence is high! Repeat, Confidence is High! :eeyup: This is not an exercise!

2890264 I'm with you man. As to anyone else who's going to nitpick, I'll refer you to Eric Idle's final lines in this sketch:

2890264
Sorry about that. I just have a tendency to nitpick :facehoof:, and I love Greek mythology. I really didn't know about the fanfiction definition of satyrs.

Also, the story is great.

Moar moar please!

So is Lyra back for good?

dude when is the next damn chapter coming out, dafuq man!!!!

So is this one of those awesome stories that has been abandoned mid way or are you going to add to this at some point?

Is this story ever going to be updated???? I would like to know because if not Ill remove it from my favorites.

Comment posted by Togashi deleted Nov 22nd, 2013

3520669
I do have another part in the works for this story.

3522144 Thats brilliant I was starting to think this had been abandoned, Witch would be a shame since its an amazing story. Carry on :D

Nice story. I wonder if Hope will even out from this or go a little over the edge.

"Tendrils of light green magic" - I hate to tell you this, but Lyra's official magic color is actually yellow.
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Lyra_Heartstrings

3522144 Good to hear.

3522144
Ever going to post it?

Are you going to continue this fic?

Hm. I want to read this story but I fear it's been abandoned and I don't like being left hanging.

Hm.

4678539 Not abandoned just neglected :p

I moved recently and am doing massive renovations. As such I haven't had a chance to write for quite some time.

I do have some small chunks of this story completed, but nowhere near another decent chapter yet.

3796212

Unless she's a changeling...! *Dun dun Duuuuuun* :rainbowderp:

I cannot tell you how hard it is to find Satyr fics here. Nice job.

4794353 I know your pain. I tell you what, I follow you, and you me, and we both share any satyr fics we find. Deal?

2889626 Well GUESS WHAT?! This happens to be an exception... also, would you f**k a goat?

I really hope you find the time to continue writing this. I love this fix!

5053139 Wait.....oh.....god....still waiting....

5068662 yea, I still am, are you ever going to update this? It's been in my favourites for a year or so

5076077 Yeh...it really long. hope it will come back soon.

5076948
I really hope it does come back, but I don't think it will. Regardless, its staying in my favorites list.

Has the author uploaded anything recently?

5102350 Sorry, I should have responded to your comment earlier. Yes I am currently writing again, I updated Faithful, wrote a one shot called Suppressed, and am currently finishing a series called Summer on Fire.

As for Hope, it actually started as a light hearted little story on the Satyr thread on /mlp/. The thread had just started and I thought it was a cute idea. That's why the first couple chapters are so short. I tried to build on those and flesh the story out, that's why overall there are time skips and a feeling of it being disjointed.

I can't promise I will ever finish this. But I will say I am at least going to go back over my drafts and see if this could be continued at some point.

5103453
AH, you're the one writing summer on fire. I love that story! Just never paid attention to the author, hehe. Anyway, thanks for the consideration on working on this story!

Here's hoping for a new chapter soon.

Ipotane that's what she is not a satyr.

update?

6267051 I'm not sure if this will ever be updated, sorry. I kind of wrote myself into a corner on this one; not really liking where it was headed.

6270883 hmm, shame

Login or register to comment