• Published 28th Apr 2013
  • 9,677 Views, 1,537 Comments

Working Towards The Future - Dasponi



It's been a week since Rainbow Dash saved Scootaloo after she jumped in to Ghastly Gorge and Rainbow Dash is keen for her to go back to school, as well as make good on a promise.

  • ...
15
 1,537
 9,677

PreviousChapters
Epilogue Three; Wait What?

With Scootaloo adopted there was just one thing left for her orphanage to do. It was a rule there that they would let a parent know when their child had been adopted. That way they would know whether or not the child was still in the orphanage and, should they so choose later down the line, re-establish contact. In very rare cases a parent was not informed. This usually happened when a parent was abusive and a child was taken away for their own good. If Diamond Tiara had ended up in the orphanage then Filthy wouldn't have found out when she was adopted. Luckily for him he was there when Firefly offered to take Diamond Tiara with him so it wasn't very hard for him to find her again. Her ending up quite successful had helped there too.

Unluckily for Scootaloo the abuse of her father was never reported. As far as the orphanage were concerned, her parents had given her away because they couldn't cope with her. This meant that when she was adopted her father would be informed. Her mother had long since passed but her father was alive and well. Well, drunk anyway. He had also left Canterlot quite a while ago. He had ended up in quite a lot of trouble with the law in his new home but none of it had really reached Canterlot. The orphanage had no clue. So they had no choice but to send him a letter.

When Scootaloo's dad opened the letter he read it while mumbling to himself. His voice was grizzled from all the abuse his body had been put through over time. "Blah blah blah....Canterlot Orphanage....blah blah blah Scootaloo....blah blah blah adopted...wait what?" he all but roared when he read it. He had to read it several times to make sure it really had said that Scootaloo was alive and well and even adopted. There was no mistake. "Ponyville eh? I guess my little girl is about to have a visit from her dear old dad..." he said to himself. He smiled to himself as he thought of what he could do to Scootaloo. He had helped bring her into this world and in return she had ruined his life.

Now it was time for him to ruin hers. To get the revenge he never thought he'd be able to get.

Author's Note:

Guess who's back and cheating the system? Well it could only be me of course. I can't dedicate a whole chapter to telling you guys I wrote a sequel but I can damn sure write a chapter and include the sequel in the Author's Notes! That's still allowed right? Oh, who cares. The sequel has of course been released now and you can go find it here! http://www.fimfiction.net/story/146445/true-flight

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 90 )

ugh if im right thers going to be scootabuse it seems that way atlest i might be wrong

ok...
How about we take him and let that **************************************************************************************************(censored):flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:
get hunted down by my cousin
static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/6/66388/1750517-mutalisk_by_mr__jack.jpg
he will not be able to fly away:pinkiecrazy:

oh my god..I worry for scootaloo..

Aight...

Enter abusive father stage left. New story? YAY!

Scoots is in for a (second) rough ride, it seems. See you at the threequel!

3506496
There won't be more than there is in this story. I'm not a big fan of the Scootabuse. Then again, some people complained this story had too much Scootabuse and stopped reading.

3506682
I don't think I'd wish that on my worst enemy but then again I am more of a "ruin their life" kinda guy. Not so much an "end their life" one.

3507681
She's in for a bit of one but she'll get through it. This time she'll DEFINITELY have a happy ending.

Probably.

Damn when she's really happy that means I'm out of stories.

Jeez....... this went from a one-shot story when you felt overcome with depression
into a 184,000 word masterpiece :rainbowhuh:
go figure

3509432
Oh bloody 'ell.

3509995
And I wrote another part of it that's already about 3k words long :twilightblush: It's really amazing how all this stuff came about yeah. I wrote I'm Tired Of All This when I was down and people were all "SEQUEL! SEQUEL! GO GO GO!" and I got an idea and ran with it. Glad you enjoyed the story :twilightsmile: Or are currently enjoying it.

3510981
It was a possibility. If I can get in the right mood I might give it a shot. It would have been a fun way to introduce the sequel cos it would give me an excuse to write another chapter, which would have given me another excuse to write the sequel link in the Author's Notes.

HOLY HELL, is this story really fucking good. I was on edge the entire time :flutterrage: and I never felt my heart break so much for a story since A Bluebird's Song. I never hated Diamond Tiara so much either :pinkiecrazy::trollestia: I wish I can upvote about a million times more, but I just have to settle for typing this.

Bravo sir, FUCKING bravo :flutterrage::heart::heart:

I never cursed that much in a comment either. I am so glad that there is a sequel, but if it is anything like this, and if the father is in it, then it is going to terrify me with the emotional shit that Scootaloo will soon face. :heart::heart:

3514966
Sweet mother of Molestia that's a damn fine comment. Can't say I've had one like it. I'm not entirely sure how to respond. But yes there's a sequel, that douche will be there, and oh Hell it'll tug on the heartstrings. I'm really glad you enjoyed the story :twilightsmile:

fantastic story. enjoyed every chapter. good to see it has a sequel. Im deploying pretty soon but hope to keep up with it

3524934
Come back safe my man :moustache:

PUBLISH THIS PLEEEAAASE!!!!
It was so good you kept me reading throught all 93 chapters.
Can't wait for the sequel

3529128
How does that game work exactly?

3529832
Oh if I could I would. Trust me I really would. If you have a way for me to actually publish this then I'll be very very happy to learn how. I could publish it through Amazon (and have published things through there) but I don't think they'll let me publish something like this.

3544182
And the same happens to me when I read through things, it's the main cause of problems :twilightblush:

This is a great book.

It toyed with my emotions a lot.

There's only one book on here I've read that's more suspensful.
It was

Umm

Mind blank.

It was in a series with foal of the forest and storm on the herizon.

I totaly recamend that series for you.

But seriously, awesome job

I want to be a writer but I cant . I have a huge imagnation but I can't translate into words very well.

Well now I'm rambling on uselessly.

But all the feelz In this book DX

3548698
I was about the age Scootaloo is (in my opinion) when I learned the true horrors of life. It sucks. I'm pretty happy now though at least. Don't worry about being late. You came in the end, so :yay: Feel free to show some liquid pride :pinkiesad2:

3548817
Good guess :raritystarry: I'd rather use the pillow as a silencer or to smother her for a while.

3548841 3548971
So many feelsy feels of feels.

3549193
Sorry to hear that. Crying can be good every once in a while though. Let it out.

3549275
I think he served a purpose in the end really, and it wasn't so bad to have him there in the end.

3549486
I'm really glad you enjoyed it. It's actually not very hard to be a writer. Just have a starting point and see how you go. I was a terrible writer when I was back in school. I failed terribly at creative writing projects in English class. Then a few years ago I just started writing, and look at me now. I'm bringing people to their knees with my words. Just go for it, and see how it happens.

3551090

Hey thanks for replying to the coments.

Its nice when writers do that.

I tried writing a story once. I started like this:

scootaloo looked around. No one was to be seen. She casualy walked around making sure she was alone. Then she took a couple apples from the tree. Applebloom knew someone was stealing the apples and would bw quite upset if she found scootaloo as the theif. Scootaloo didn't want ro steal, but she was going hunrgy, and with the change in schedule she didn't know when the trash ponies came, therefore making dumpster diving quite a challlenge

3552421
I reply to pretty much every comment I get. I met my girlfriend doing that. That excerpt isn't too bad. I say run with it.

"Scootaloo looked around. No one was to be seen. She casually walked around making sure she was alone. Then she took a couple apples from the tree. Applebloom knew someone was stealing the apples and would be quite upset if she found out Scootaloo was the thief. Scootaloo didn't want to steal, but she was going hungry. With the change in schedule she didn't know when the trash ponies came, therefore making dumpster diving quite a challenge"

3557819
The sequel might make you cry a little, though I'm promising nothing :twilightsmile:

3575238
Funny you should say that the day I finish the sequel. I'm surprised this story didn't turn me to drink. Thanks for the nice compliment. I'll keep on writing, don't worry :twilightsmile:

I... I have no words. Wait, no, I do. This was a wonderful and beautiful read, and while certain bits *cough*DIAMONDTIARA*cough* did make me start hissing at my monitor, all the heartwearming moments more than made up for it. Especially Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's relationship; seeing it grow and bloom was just fantastical in a way I cannot describe. Star Shine did have a part in it too, with the heartwarming feelies and I like how steadily his relationship is Rainbow Dash is developing. It's not being rushed and old feelings are slowly being uncovered; I like that. Makes their moments all the more d'awww worthy.

Of course, this final chapter made me hiss and growl simultaneously, a reaction that hardly ever comes outta me these days. Scootaloo is happier than ever and now THIS GUY is gonna pop in and try to ruin it all? :flutterrage:

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and pop in on the sequel; going through this and its prequel was well-worth the time it took to read it all. Well done, sir, well done! Definitely saving a copy to read again in my free time.

So...
Long
Story...

Need...
To...
Read...
All...
:heart:

This story has way too many chapters :facehoof:, but the word count is fine. :twilightsheepish:
Overall a really nice story can't wait to read the sequel!

3592409
It's really amazing to see comments like that. Thank you very much :twilightsmile: He kinda had to come back, "that guy" that is. He was the only real question left unanswered that had been brought up by this story. She'll still be happy though. She's awesome :scootangel:

3593479
Oh it's worth it. :heart:

3601695
Your comment is blue :rainbowhuh: It has a lot of chapters because each one is short, so that I could keep up a quick and consistent update schedule. I posted three times a week and sometimes I was lucky to be able to write about 2000 words every few days. Heck, I wrote something the length of three novels in seven months thanks to that :twilightsheepish: It ended up a lot lot LOT longer than I expected it to be, which is another reason there are so many chapters. If it was about 20k words like I expected (and like the sequel) it would have a much more normal chapter count :moustache:

3609228
Hehe sorry about how many chapters there are :twilightblush: You've done pretty well getting through it all :derpytongue2: I think the only time I was well and truly revealing in the comments was when I made a particular comment about DT to throw off criticism before it could be started. Then I got criticism for doing that instead :duck:

LOVED THIS FIC!!! But first, let me tell you, you are a bastard! :derpytongue2: ...

...mostly because I have hwk to do and you wrote two more sequels... meaning that homework aint happening. :rainbowlaugh:

Anyeway, yeh. I did love this fic, really grew on me in the end. The only thing i could have asked for would have been more Rainbow x Star :twilightsmile: but thats something for the sequels I guess :unsuresweetie:

3618125
It's definitely something for the sequels :raritywink: You should do your homework. It's pretty important. I should know as I never did any. Thanks for the kind (and not so kind :twilightsheepish:) words. For what it's worth I am unfortunately not a bastard. My parents were married before I was born.

3621503 Sorry. I was tired when I wrote this. If it came across as harsh, it was unintended. :derpytongue2:

3621706
Hehe nah, I was joking just as much as you were :twilightsmile: I'm just sarcastic and pedantic.

I don't think reading our nomming a story its good for me our you if it is done in less then 12 hours, whelp on to the next one!

3656298
3656491
I like to think that of everything I did, I really managed to keep my ideas about Pegasus flight in check and constant. Plus they make sense, which definitely helps. :pinkiesmile:


3663683
She's been taking lessons from her dear sister :trollestia:

3664301
Enjoy it :rainbowkiss:

3676181
Hmmm...well I got in trouble for spoiling things before so I won't :scootangel:

3693322
If I can change someone's headcanon then I'm doing it right :pinkiehappy: It makes sense and that's all I tried to do. It was a lesson I learned quickly when I wrote sci-fi.


3698903
Yeah but it's not really a very good one. It'd be twice that for a full and proper suit. I think it was about £100 just for my sister to rent one for her wedding. I loved my suit so much I asked if we could buy it but she said no when she found out how much it would cost :twilightsheepish:

3722736
I speak almost exclusively to one American so I now speak American pretty naturally and refer to my meals as breakfast, lunch and dinner. Supper is what I would call something I have very late at night and 'Murricans seem to eat on different schedules and have dinner way later than I would.

3760373
I had to load up the chapter to see what you were referring to but you're right, that would have been pretty fun :ajsmug: I'm sure poor Twilight is so busy with her studies she probably wouldn't have time to take a student of her own though :fluttershysad:

3771938
You're right that her mother never made an appearance, but it was Silver Spoon's mother who attempted to buy the dresses :twilightsmile: As far as DT's mother goes...she's just gone for reasons I never quite went in to. I think I mentioned that her dad was a single father a few times. She's just not there and if I really had to cite a reason I wouldn't know what to say. I think that's just something that was the way it was for the sake of the story, like AJ's parents in the show. We all wondered what happened but it never became necessary to clarify until the reunion episode.

Basically I have no real reason :twilightblush:

Oh look, Scootaloo story! Wait... HOW MANY CHAPTERS!?!


Well, I'd better get started!

3803131
Well take it from me, I know how to write a villain :raritywink: It comes from my own twisted psyche. Plus she's already so unlikeable as it is. Oh I hope you weren't too angry about the ending, assuming you've read it yet. If you haven't, then ignore that.


3831525
If it helps the chapters are pretty short, don't let the sheer number of them put you off :twilightsmile: As far as pregnancies go...I never had much of a reason to look up how long a horse pregnancy lasted until I wrote this story.

3911925
Indeed it was :twilightsmile:

Okay, I read this in two days, amazing, I really loved this. Thank you

I just read the last chapter, my rage of DT is gone... Now I'm gonna kill scootaloo's dad.

4138725
I approach fanfics the same way, and try to regard each one independantly. Having said that, I do tend to have trouble letting go of established headcanons :derpyderp1:

4281139
Go go go! Keep reading! The main reason there are a ton of chapters is because I tried my hardest to publish three updates a week, and sometimes 2000-ish word updates felt like too much.

4285508 Finally finished it... In record time as far as I'm concerned... Damn... You gripped me by the feels and just throttled me... Not many people can do that... I loved it nevertheless!! I admit I haven't really been keeping up on what I should be doing... or sleep... Anyhow... A sequel yet again?!? Onward and forward! Let's see what adventures await!!

4292999
I still consider this my greatest work yet. But I know I can outdo this too. We all improve over time, and I can only get better. I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and thank you for all the nice comments :rainbowkiss:

4301221 :twilightblush: Nice comments?... I guess you can call them that... I just really enjoyed the story and I hope they continue fluently and prosper. :pinkiehappy: I give the best wishes to you also and hope you don't run yourself too ragged by writing these stories.

4301788
The only story that really ran me ragged in this series was the unpublished Scootaloo background story I wrote. I originally wrote it wanting to publish it but I put so much emotion into it I didn't want to see any negative comments on it. I just used it to keep track of her history in the end.

4305492 :pinkiesad2: Well sorry to hear about that... I am highly interested in said story though. As I believe I've stated before, sorry... I tend to comment on quite a few stories giving advice and tips and whatnot... I tend to lose track sometimes, I'm a personal lover of Scootaloo stories. There's few that could go with some major improvement, but I'm not about to go throwing a fit over them. Just giving friendly advice and everything. :twilightsmile: I'd love to read the story! It sucks that I can't, but there's no sense in letting it get me down. After all, the greatest weapon you got is your smile. When people bring you down, smile and let them know they didn't do squat. There's no sense in letting yourself be down when you can do great things. I for one help others. You, on the other hand, have made some amazing stories and have many people looking forward to more of them! I being one of the devilish culprits myself. I can't make you do anything as we all should well know, but I do sincerely hope you'll keep yourself bright and happy, even through the dark days. Yet again, I give you my best wishes and still hope for you to thrive! :pinkiehappy:

4306347
Well thank you. I did used to be severely depressed. I made no secret of the fact I wrote I'm Tired of All This at the peak of a depressive episode and effectively saw it as writing a suicide note through Scootaloo. I manage to keep myself going just fine for the most part. I love Scootaloo stories to but writing my own means that I've ruined them for me, as now I won't agree with anything but what I've written :twilightsheepish:

4306973 It's no biggy really. I know depression can be rough, especially fighting your way outta it... but as my job of an empath. I must help others when they need it, so you're no exception. When, or if, you need someone to talk to I'm always here. I also have kik, but it is currently unaccessable until tomorrow. If thou was to need it, or just want to search me up on something else, it would be fairly obvious to someone who has me on ifunny or kik itself. You can find me on Xbox 360, kik, ifunny, and some other odds and ends perhaps, by my username.

4307067
I'm not on Kik or anything. I got tired of Instant messaging services when I realised I had no friends :derpytongue2: Though that's mostly an exaggeration there's not much more depressing than logging into an IM service for the first time in four months and having no offline messages of people wondering where you are. Plus too many bad memories you know? I am on Xbox live though. I go by a slightly different name there of Zavvy. The tech support guy was incredibly confused by my simple gamer tag :rainbowlaugh:

4307393 Hmm... slightly depressing knowing we can't talk more fluently throughout the app... seeing as I don't really get on Xbox much... As for friends, everyone is my friend regardless. Not excluding you. My friend irl seems to have found his boring lately... the one I mainly play with. Anyhow. Everything is currently unaccessible at the moment. I might get on my Xbox later tonight, but I doubt it. We shall see. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment