• Published 21st Mar 2013
  • 2,060 Views, 388 Comments

Synthesis of the Atheist - BlackRoseRaven



Luna and Scrivener become the targets of a malicious, narcissistic psychopath. 8th story in the 99 Worlds Saga/Blooming Moon Chronicles.

  • ...
34
 388
 2,060

PreviousChapters
Epilogue: The Gift

Epilogue: The Gift
~BlackRoseRaven

Innocence peered back and forth outside of her room, then she giggled to herself before the four year old filly turned around to snatch up a box and hurry out, dragging her odd black-and-purple pony doll with her. Her parents were still asleep, and that was just the way she wanted it right now. She had something special for them, even though she didn't think they even knew she knew what today was. But she wasn't dumb, nope! Well, at least, not all the time.

She scurried into the living room, then dropped the box on the bedding her parents favored before she turned around and ran into the kitchen, still carrying along her stuffed pony. The filly paused, then shook herself out, smiling a little: she was strange, with her mix of coat and scales, and claws and curving horn... but Mutt and Mommy and Daddy always told her she was special strange, not strange-strange, and she should be proud of who she was. She knew that lots of parents told their kids that, but... then again, her parents were pretty special strange, so she thought there was a good chance she was special strange too.

She paused to look down at her doll, smiling a little more as she studied it for a moment before hugging it fiercely close, ruffling the purple mane as the strange, dark-crystal eyes shimmered softly. It was her favorite toy, given to her by her much-adored big brother when she had been just a little baby, and it always made her feel protected, like someone else strange and special was still there, watching out for her. “Mutt and Mommy and Daddy know best, right Dinah?”

She nodded firmly to herself a few times, then went about her very-carefully-thought out plan, digging in the cupboards to bring out a pot and a pan, then she turned around and blinked in surprise as she saw Abaddon peering at her. The pseudodragon chirped loudly, and Innocence asked curiously: “Do you wanna help too?”

Abaddon nodded seriously a few times, and Innocence smiled brightly before becoming serious and nodding firmly several times. “Okay. You just gotta do like I do, okay? Now, get ready...”

Innocence sat back, raising the pot and pan, and Abaddon mimicked her, spreading his own little claws, before Innocence called gleefully: “And go!”

The filly began to yell loudly as she banged the pot and pan wildly together, and Abaddon jumped before he began to dance around in a circle, chirping and clapping his little claws. There were several yells from down the hall before Luna Brynhild came charging out of her room, then tripped with a curse and skidded over her scarred breast along the den floor, coming to a halt just in front of the kitchen before yelping when Scrivener Blooms staggered stupidly behind her and flopped down on top of the sapphire mare.

Innocence giggled brightly at them as Abaddon skittered away with what sounded suspiciously like giggles, and Twilight gaped as she stuck her head around the corner, the Lich mouthing wordlessly before the little filly chirped: “Happy birthday, Mutt and Daddy! I got you a present!”

Luna and Scrivener both stared in disbelief, and then the two stood up and glared at Twilight, but she looked as dumbfounded as they did. They turned their eyes back to the filly, and she bounced excitedly, saying happily: “Scarlet Sage told me while I was visiting with Lily and Mercury!”

“Oh, I shall kill her.” Luna grumbled, and then she sighed and smiled despite herself at Innocence, asking almost desperately: “But thou couldst not have waited until we were awake to give us this? 'Tis... Asgard above, 'tis barely dawn!”

“Antares told me that's how you do a surprise party.” Sin said informatively, nodding seriously a few times, and Luna scowled before leaning forwards, studying the filly before she giggled a little and grabbed Dinah to half-cover her face with the toy, clearly fibbing.

Scrivener Blooms had ventured curiously over to the present, and he smiled as he picked up the card on top, opening it and looking warmly over the drawing of their strange little family on it. He could see himself, and Twilight, and Luna, and of course Innocence herself by what he was pretty sure was Scarlet Sage... or possibly a rock... and of course Antares. Who, as always, Innocence had drawn as awkwardly as possible and given a big grumpy face. Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle picked up the box and shook it once curiously, before looking over her shoulder at where Luna was still looking pointedly at their young daughter.

Innocence leaned forwards, looking brightly at Luna, and the sapphire mare finally sighed and rolled her eyes before she turned around, striding over to the little present box as Twilight set it down between the three adults, and the crystal-horned mare pulled off the lid...

And she smiled warmly down at the gift inside, swallowing a little before she, Scrivener Blooms, and Twilight Sparkle all turned warm, surprised gazes towards Innocence, as the filly said brightly: “Happy birthday! I love you!”

“We love thee too, our sweet little girl. And we always shall.” Luna replied softly, her gaze radiant as she looked at this wonderful, beautiful little girl before her eyes roved between the stallion and mare she loved and was fortunate enough to still have in her life after all these years together. Innocence laughed happily, then ran forwards, and Luna swept up the filly and hugged her fiercely close with a warm smile, closing her eyes and nestling her daughter into her chest, as Twilight hugged her from one side, and Scrivener Blooms the other. And in that moment, she felt the same way she'd felt every time she found herself in the embrace of her family these last few years: that no matter what happened, everything was going to work out just fine.




Life is not about what we're given,
But what we do with what we have:
Nothing ends in failure until we say so;
True strength will always endure.


December 20th, 2012 – March 14th, 2013

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 79 )

2505026

The full story is never really addressed, but there's a few hints that Kismet definitely didn't choose this fate, no. And well, you'll actually see shortly why they didn't get swarmed: Hecate kind of has a 'set territory,' so to speak, and Thesis is kind of... well, you saw. The one really good thing about Kismet, of course, is his honor, and the way he'll twist his orders: he can't flat-out refuse, but he can still choose to interpret them however he wants as long as he's not specific. Like how he left Thesis on the moon to cool down for a while.
And well, you kind of stumbled on what I was thinking with Twilight before, actually. She's not just able to do a little scouting, but she can also talk with the other forces inside Luna and Scrivener right now: so it's possible that she's getting a few directions from Valthrudnir, since he wants this to be over and done with himself.
Evil Celestia is... her role is short,but all the same, she's... memorable. Hopefully it won't disappoint. As to Morning Glory and Subterra, part of the reason she came to mind is indeed her own power. As a Destroyer - and one that uses light-based magic - there's not a lot of demons that are going to say no to her. Although things could still faction a little, yeah. But I'm not entirely sure yet: I'm sure I'll be poking along at that with whatever comes next, though, once I get to it.

Innocence is adorable. Great ending to another great story.

Now that was a finish full of twists and turns, to put it mildly. And I must congratulate you for leading me on for so long with Valthrundir - even though a while ago I expressed suspicion that his mellowing might be an act to get everyone else lower their guard, in the end I guess that didn't really prevent me from falling in to the trap I should have known was there. As in, I guess on some level I had indeed started to believe that Valthrundir was being influenced by his continued exposure to Scrivy's mind, instead of it being an act being played out for so long. Well played.

And it was an impressive gambit indeed - using his own genetic information that lived on through Thesis to reconstitute himself ... that's pretty brilliant, I must admit, and hard to suspect because his other reasons for wanting Thesis dead were genuine and thus easy to accept as his true motives for helping the group along. So yeah, Valthrundir being the final boss caught me off-guard, though it does nicely in bringing everything to a full circle - after all, he was the source of most of the misery and events that set in motion much of the story after all, so it's rather fitting that a round two between him, Luna and Scrivy would determine the outcome once again. Even though he did fight pretty stupidly - for a being with reality warping powers, his imagination falls drastically short from making full use of them. Which is a good thing for everyone else involved I suppose, because a smart one would be kinda impossible to beat.

And I guess Thesis got his ranting streak from Valthrundir - unable to resist running their mouths instead of doing what has to be done straight away seems to be the prime cause for their failures. Speaking of Thesis, I liked the rather pathetic end he met and that he was 'not' such a big fight in the end. Ironic indeed - by chasing supposed perfection when he was already plenty powerful, he ended up defeating himself. A fitting end for one so obsessed with completion that he ended up making himself the very opposite of it ... Antithesis indeed.

As for Evil Celestia, I must say I find her ultimate predicament grimly amusing - you absolutely 'have' to show us the moment when Luna gets back home and tosses the bag to Celestia who opens it curiously ... only to find her own head staring back grumpily at her. The reaction should be priceless, along with Freya's first attempts to interact with her evil head. Though regarding the fight between Evil Celestia and Luna/Scrivy ... why did she have the golem pick up her head and attach it, thus making herself vulnerable, instead of sitting pretty behind that forcefield and remote-controlling it? Seemed to work just fine after all, didn't seem like there was a real reason for her to ... ahem, stick her neck out. And I can see it now ... Evil Celestia's head, the overseer of Subterra. Somehow, I imagine she would feel right at home in there ... at least as far as demeanor goes. That, or a permanent attachment to Ponyville library. Assuming she wouldn't go insane with the later.

One thing I didn't like though was Luna's and Scrivy's refusal to go home straight away and instead having Kismet transport them to some random world, which is likely all the same to him. This felt, not to mince words, forced and stupid, and didn't feel like it had anything to do with the sentiment Luna and Scrivy were supposedly trying to express. Instead it felt like something Twilight would pull them over a pit of coals when she first gets the chance to, and let's not even get in to what Scarlet Sage would have to say over it if it caused them to miss her giving birth, which it likely did. That they made a choice not to be at her side during the event, but instead went off prancing through worlds for no real reason ... a door slammed in their faces from her is about what they deserve once they get back, and I can't imagine many that would approve of this move. As I said, it felt and about the furthest from deep or endearing or purposeful, or from making a point.

That's about my only gripe with the ending though, and otherwise it was a fantastic experience. This whole giant storyline has been, and for that I thank you - the length of your behemoth of a story is almost one of a kind, and I couldn't be more glad for it - I can only tip my hat (if I had one) for all the hours of quality reading experience you have provided, and it makes me giddy to know that this universe isn't done yet. You have crafted something wonderful here, especially relationship and world-building wise, and I can hardly wait until more of this universe pops up and the group goes wandering around the layers on an adventure, like they wished they could a while ago, without the fate of the universe hanging in the balance for once ... or would it. Dun dun dun duuunnnn. Not to mention seeing the kids grow up, Antares situation with Prestige, how society is treating Innocence, etc ... I suppose you don't have it already written up in secret and just waiting to be published, heh.

2506296

I seem to have a bad habit of that, I do. But thanks very much, and thank you kindly for readin' through the story and taking the time to comment on my writing. I'm just really happy to know it proved to be enjoyable, to say the least, and I hope my writing continues to be something to look forwards to.

2506381

Thanks very kindly, and for reading, too. I'm glad to hear it. Relieved, too, since. I'm never really sure how things are gonna turn out until the very end, myself.

2506466

I think what happens is difficult to not recognize, in spite of the fact it's... well, Valthrudnir... is because he kind of... does change. There are moments where he's stumbling, and in a way, maybe he really was right on the edge there. I'm glad to hear it, though. It was... very difficult to pull that off, so it's rewarding to know I did.
And well, Valthrudnir's used to just blowing up what disagrees with him. That, combined with the fact he clearly isn't in top form, helped a lot in keeping him off balance, I think. Although he does often fall into making the same mistake of letting his emotions overwhelm him, but really, for all his etiquette and genius, he's just a brute in a suit.
Hecate is... well, Hecate is a bitch, is the simple explanation there. she likes to hit things herself. Her Clockwork Queen body is also linked to what she can see and sense, and works best in tandem with her magic: even that aside, there's too much of a chance that even if they were still knocked into the research theater, Luna or Scrivener could stall the suit long enough for the other to go up, get back into her office, and force their way into her control room, either though the wall or right through the force shield. Which would've had to be lowered to get the suit through, anyway.
As to the portal, well... it's part honor, and part because... Luna and Scrivener kinda are stupid. They'd never risk missing Scarlet Sage's birth, no: she's uh... seven months pregnant, if I remember right, and it only took them a weekish to make it back to Looking Glass World. But a big part of it is because they promised to make it back on their own power. Twilight would still be mad, yes, and Celestia would scold Luna, but... for Luna and Scrivener, just accepting Kismet's gift to go back to Looking Glass World represents cheating, even a surrender. It's allowing something else to carry them home, when they promised to make it back with their own strength, that they want to go home and they're willing to do whatever it takes to get there. But I'm rambling way too much away on this and I apologize. It's something I know isn't very clear because I ended up wrapping things up probably a little too quickly.
Thank you very much, though, and for all your comments and readership. It really is very much appreciated and I'm just glad these silly stories are enjoyable for people to read. I know where I'm going with the next story, and what's going to end up being set up, but I do still have to write it, yeah; it won't be too long by my standards, but it's going to be a little difficult for me to find any time to work on it for a little while. It's going to be very different from what I've done thus far, too, so. I hope it's enjoyable. Thanks again, and I hope thing continue to be a pleasure to read in the future.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, your the Best author on this site. Will you be writing another story?

2508416

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it. I just do the best I can with what my hands want to write ,and hope it turns out readable and. Not too ridiculously long. I often fail on the last point. I'm glad it proved a good read.
But yeah, I do have plans for another story; two, in fact. It'll be a much different style, though, hopefully only moderate length, and it'll be used to set up everything for what I think will be the last story in the series. But. I've been saying that since Starlit Knights, so I suppose that remains to be seen.

2508538 Truth be told, I love that you make your stories so long, I hate endings. And I'm curious, will oneof these stores have to do with Antares and Prestige?:trixieshiftright:

2508949

I hate endings too, but. That's probably pretty obvious. I'm also no good at ever getting them to feel just right.
But Prestige and Antares might be more involved in the narrative story that's next than the regular cast. And I don't think anyone's going to guess who's going to be telling this story.

2509044 Cheshire or Meadowlark, those are my guesses. I wish Cheshire had survived, he was so awesome.:pinkiesad2:

2507359

Thing is, I don't see how what they did is any more "getting back on their own power" compared to Kismet simply opening a portal back to Looking Glass World. They still can't leave Endworld on their own - either way Kismet has to make a portal for them to step through, irregardless of where that portal leads, and it's all the same to the death entity. Their own power in this instance gets them nowhere - Kismet has to dislodge them first, and at that point the notion already has lost its meaning.

So they don't exactly prove or achieve anything by taking the long way around ... except making their friends and family worry longer. Hell, the last thing they saw when walking out the door was a nearly hysterical Innocence crying after them clearly sensing something is wrong after losing other people close to them ... and yet they prance around instead of hurrying back to her ASAP because of some notion of pride that failed before it even began? Nightmare Moon nothing, Twilight would become the most dreadful thing to ever haunt their wildest nightmares.

That aside, I'm quite curious what you mean by the next story being "different". You know it's illegal to tease your audience like that - throw us a bone and elaborate a little so we can start building the anticipation:P

I wouldn't mind a story about what scrivy and Luna did on their vacation

2512316

I'm really glad that shows through. Because it really kind of is when I think about it.

2511525

I think it'd be pretty short, so I might do it between stories for a breather. Mostly because I imagine Luna flinging Hecate at things a lot.

2512992
Great, now I can't get that picture out of my head

Another fantastic read that kept me entertained.
I can't wait to see how you will wrap this whole saga up, although I'll be sad since I've become so attached to your interpretations of the shows characters.
The pace and feel of the story was good, but I was still a little disappointed that Antares still acts like a foal sometimes. I hope we see him become more like his rambunctious mother than his reserved father. His actions at times not only seem foalish but that of a dick, since he immediately runs back to his ex-girlfriend and completely disregards his relationship with Meadowlark. Meadowlark has always had unrequited love for Antares, and yet he treats their (short) relationship like nothing the second he sees Prestige return. Showing that he never really got over her, and that his relationship with Meadowlark was just a small fling.

Since Scrivy became a Tyrant Wyrm (like in "Because Love Conquers All"), will we get to see Celestia become corrupt and become a Wyrm herself?
(When Gymber showed the whole group an alternative future in one of your past stories she became one, If I'm not mistaken.)

Regardless of what happens to my favorite characters I'm sure everything will turn out well in the end. :twilightsheepish:

2518083

Thanks very much. I'm glad to hear it proved another good read.
And yeah, I do agree. It's not really until the very, very end that Antares starts really... growing up. If I had to mark a point where he really starts acting like an adult it's probably in the letters. He's made a lot of mistakes and had a lot of maturing to do, but I'm looking forwards a lot to when I'll be working more with him in the future and actually getting to show him starting to act like the strong stallion he has the potential to be. I think it'll make this whole long fumbling towards finding himself worthwhile.
And uh. I'm not entirely sure what'll happen, to be honest. There's potential for a lot of craziness, and part ten is already looming to be... quite long. The only thing I can really say for sure is that we'll be seeing Gymbr himself again, which means anything at all is possible.
Thanks again for reading, and I hope you continue to enjoy my crazy stories as they come out.

2518083

While I am no fan of Antares and will readily agree he acts immature much of the time, I am not sure he can be blamed overmuch when it comes to the whole Prestige/Meadowlark business - indeed, it was Meadwlark who dumped him, not the other way around. Though I don't think anyone can really be blamed for anything in the whole situation (Cancer aside) - it sucks for all involved and largely to the fault of no one.

It's not like Antares ever stopped loving Prestige - but she was dead, and that was that. After years of mourning, he was finally trying to move on ... and it's not like he didn't love Meadowlark - like she said herself, they probably could have spent their lives together and been happy.

But then wham - turns out Prestige is still very much around. Maybe not alive by the strictest definition, but still quite present and kicking and suddenly all those emotions, amplified by years of grieving, come back full force - and it's Meadwlark first who can't bear the situation, because she is once again reminded that she wasn't Antares' first choice. She didn't become Antares' marefriend by him growing out of his love for Prestige and falling head over hooves for her - she got bumped to the first place by Prestige dying. And now that Prestige has made a reappearance, brief as it might be, she is starkly reminded of the fact.

So you can't really blame Meadowlark either for breaking it off - living with the knowledge that you are the second choice would be incredibly painful, even if Antares likes her enough to still make it a positive experience.

On the other hand, you can't really blame Antares either for his feelings being what they are - it's not like it's realistic or fair to demand that he abolishes his feelings for Prestige and makes Meadowlark the one true love of his life. That might have happened with time, but it's not like he has any real control over what he feels - feelings that are suddenly very much relevant again.

So ... yeah. The current situation sucks for all three involved and all sides have been dealt a pretty bad hand - but it's not something one of them can be blamed over, only pitied. I don't like Antares overmuch, but I don't believe he deserves to be shunned over Meadowlark dumping him.

2520954
I suppose you are right. I just hate the idea of Lunas son being such a p***y.
Hopefully Antares will get a marefriend (or maybe even griffonness![That is the correct terminology right?]) that will kick him into becoming the stallion he was meant to be. He has been this insecure foal of a pony for far too long. :twilightangry2:

2540071

I think it's safe to say that Antares will be chasing after Prestige, to whatever end that might lead, and won't be getting sidetracked by other romantic pursuits again. After all, this time he knows for sure that Prestige is still around and that it may still work out ... even if the deck is stacked against them, with her being stuck in Valhalla and all. But it worked out for Sleipnir, and our ragtag bunch aren't your everyday citizens without resources or favors to call upon either.

So ... yeah, one way or another, I imagine Antares will start chasing after Prestige, come hell or high water, sometime soon. On the bright side, Prestige is certainly capable of kicking his flank, and I think will have a much easier time keeping him in line than Meadowlark ever did.

I have but this to say in reference to this story.. Wow I hope there is more, and dammit I'm already finished with it.

After reading your stories most other pony fics just seem... subpar. You have ruined 90% of fanfiction for me and I couldn't be more thankful.

2631008

Thanks very much, I appreciate it, and I'm just glad to hear the stories are continuing to prove so good. I'm always kind of thrilled to hear that since. There's a lot of times I'm writing when I wonder what the hell is even going through my own hands and head.
There should be one more big story in the future, I think, and I just hope it lives up to everything I've stumbled along through so far.

2637473

I was admittedly nervous about the Twipreg. I've been very glad that the overall reaction has been so positive.
And I think... holle comes from hel but it's possible, since. They're definitely cognates and the time periods are hard to peel apart. There's a lot of words for "really bad thing" in older languages, too, which confuses it further. I end up wasting a lot of time researching this kind of thing more often than I should admit, though. It has a funny fascination for me.

2650225

I just kind of let my hands do the work. A lot of it tends to pop up just as I write though, yeah, and I try and twist different characteristics of the characters or play off different faucets of their personality... or hell, sometimes I come up with the layer's "theme" first and then figure out how to squeeze everyone to fit into that setting. But I'm pretty much crazy, too, yes.

2671093

I am so glad someone got that. As for the Lost Five, that was more random than reference, actually. I don't actually remember anymore how I came up with that name.

Holy hell, I shall now have to include your writings with those of my favorite authors (Tolkien, Lewis, Riordan, Cussler). No other book series has ever captured my interest and imagination in this way before, and I am saddened that I have now caught up to date with this. I eagerly wait for the next installment of the series.

2687021

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that, and I'm just glad to hear that you've been able to enjoy this crazy series so much when I really do just kind of. Hope for the best with things.
Technically, The Hermit's Tale is the next piece of this series. It's really weird and switches up everything, though, and it can be skipped like BLCA, although reading it will give you more of an idea what's going to happen for the final part of this big series. Story X I've really just gotten started on, so I hope it proves worth the wait and I manage to continue to impress with the series. Thanks again, your readin' is very much appreciated, and again I'm happy to hear that I've somehow managed to impress so much.

Comment posted by zacoda1 deleted Jun 10th, 2013

This is the 8th story? I have no idea which order I'm supposed to read the stories in :pinkiecrazy:

I'm assuming Moonrise is the one your supposed to read first though?

2703470

That's right. Moonrise, Lunar Lights, Starlit Knights, Metempsychosis, Because Love Conquers All, Decretum, Absolution, Synthesis of the Atheist, and then The Hermit's Tale. But the stories are structured so that you can start anywhere you like and it should still make sense, and BLCA can be skipped without any major impact on the main storyline.

Dear Raven:

Oh my god finally done this story (I really need to stop falling so far behind on these things). And Whats this? All my shipments of tissues I bought to catch my tears are unused? What devilry and unholy arts are you practicing Raven? But all silliness aside, great story as usual, kinda disappointed we didn't get to see what Sin got her parents, or maybe we did and I just didn't catch it; also kinda disappointed we didn't get to see Hecate and what happened to her, since I doubt it's death because of how all these ponies have a moderately annoying "second chance" schtick. But for all I know she becomes the villainess in book 9 or 10.

The latter of which WILL definitely make me cry, nothing makes me sadder than books ending after all' but knowing you you'll throw in a nice beheading for Sean Bean or Someone will be murdered at a wedding...oh wait....:unsuresweetie:

P.S Sorry for spam of comments past few weeks, kinda hard to intermix them between other people's when no one else is commenting on them.

Sincerely
Baronvonkame (local sarcasm machine and part time waterfall)

2778256

Thanks very much. I'm glad it proved enjoyable overall. But don't worry. I tried to be nice in this story because Story X is going to be a little mean at points. Even by my standards. And Hecate will be around more, yes: she's. Insane and evil and will do pretty much anything in order to keep herself alive, so she should be fun to see more of in X. But no worries; X isn't going to be done and posted for quite a while, after all. I'm just happy these are readable.
Thanks again though, and for reading. Always much appreciated. Hopefully it'll continue to be good right up until the very end.

2778379 Holy damn dude, it's like, midnight? How are you even still awake? :twilightoops:
And don't worry about X, I'm building my bomb shelter as we speak.

2778519

I pretty much don't sleep. It's really quite useful. Even if it adds to the crazy sometimes.

2782137 Are you actually like my evil twin or something? Because there is no way there can be someone who makes this many lame references no one else gets, and hardly sleeps without some weird alt universe shit going on here.

Holy shit.

I love the stories, but I'm willing to follow you for the sheer word count alone I just... holy shit.

2845307

Thanks very much. I'm glad you're enjoyin' them and that the word count is actually a plus. I know they're. Well. Long, yes. I much appreciate the watch, too.

Done. Finished. Fin. Took bloody forever, (my own fault, took a hiatus) but it was all worth it. So much happened, it was quite the ride, and I'm glad I was able to ride it. Maybe sometime later I'll get around to making an extra big comment about it all.

I am still utterly flabbergasted with the return of Prestige. I read that part and my mind blanked, I had to take a minute to recover my wits so I could continue reading. SHE IS BACK! :yay:

As ever, looking forward to reading your future works!

3537783

I know it can be frustrating at times, but I always like to explore more of what makes people... twisted. Thanks very much, though, I appreciate that. I only hope my writing continues to be enjoyable.

Whew, almost 2 months it took me to get through this one... I love it! Been keeping myself busy by either reading this, vidja games and maybe... a little... studying. Only a little though.

The ending was all sorts of crazy, and honestly I expected Valthrudnir to grudgingly respect Scrivener and Luna and, I dunno, go on his merry way. Definitely did NOT expect the whole space-time battle that ensued Q_Q

So many different plots it's crazy! I don't think i've ever been so hooked on a series. Every time a reference to an event in another part of the Chronicles is made, I always get this sense of nostalgia and take a second to think about how far this has gone. The Blooming Moon Chronicles would be at the top of my bookshelf, if only they were printed and my top shelf could hold them all...

Where's Gymbr? Made me real sad when he didn't appear, so I guess he's deded. Was also extremely upset when Meadowlark and Antares broke up, and he still couldn't be with Prestige. You're writing still makes my school days less droll. The Republic of Equestria chapters? Oh man, read those in chapters in my Algebra class. I had to keep my face as stiff as a board in order to refrain from giggling at every other paragraph. It was very hard, but I think i'm learning valuable lessons in the ways of "poker faces" by torturing myself so.

I suppose I have to study for exams before I continue... Hah. Studying.... :rainbowlaugh:

I thought i'd finish this series quick. Never have I been so wrong, or happy to be. Haven't been to a library in months since I started, and the fics are just piling up in my "To read" list. And I love it! I dunno if you're continuing to write stories, but if you are, good luck! And thank you lots for this great, great Epic BlackRoseRaven :heart:

3641725

I'm just thrilled to hear you're enjoying it so much still, and that it's been a long read, but... in a good way. That means a lot to me to hear, since I know it's quite a lot to take in, both word-wise and because I get a little carried away with the plot.
I giggle every time I say the world plot now. This is why I'm so glad the series is a pleasure to read. I have the mind of a four year old.
But there's still quite a bit to go: Hermit's Tale is... well, it's definitely different from the previous stories in a lot of ways, but it'll also answer your questions about Gymbr. And Glory Be has... quite a lot to introduce itself, but I don't want to ruin any of that. I just hope it all continues to be a pleasure until the very end.
I'm definitely still going to be writing, though, yes. This series is over, but there are plenty of other stories and a few tie-ins that I'm thinking about, and... possibly some other writing in the future. I just hope it all proves half as interesting to read as these stories have.
Thanks again for your interest, and for taking the time to comment. It's more appreciated than I can say.

3766565

Thanks. I actually did have some difficulty keeping track of Thesis' character at times because he's very, very different from what I usually write. So I appreciate it when it's pointed out where I might have gone a little futzy with it. It lets me review things a little and see what I can do better in the future.
I'm glad that it's still proving an enjoyable read otherwise, though. Thanks again and I hope you're able to continue to enjoy, since things will continue to spiral into madness, as they tend to.

3885412

Thank you very kindly. I'm glad to hear it resonated so well with you. I really wanted to delve more into one character in particular and explain him a little more, and it felt like it was the right moment to step away from the constant facepunching. The story is always about the characters and I never want to lose sight of that amidst all the madness that often pops up.
And well, I just let my hands do the work for me. It's weird to say but they know the story far better than I do. I'm just glad it's continuing to prove to be an enjoyable read.

Wow, this is a great cover art, absolutely love their expressions. Especially Luna's, she's just amazing.

3947209

Yeah, the artist did a superb job. Other people might not be very fond of this story, but I've always kind of liked Synthesis myself. So I decided to pick up some cover art for it a while back and it was just finished up today. Very well worth it, I think, it kind of. Captures a lot of the essence of the series as a whole.

Love the bitchin' new cover art.
I know the ponies in the middle but what about the ones around them?

3994377

Left to right, top to bottom, we have Thesis, Cheshire, Protelea, and Psukhikos. The Replicants, in other words. Thanks very much, though: the artist did a fantastic job on this one, yeah.

3994473
Yeah, The artist makes Luna, Schriver, Twilight look like total badasses.
If you have the funding to commission him/her to do all of your stories, then you
probably should. :heart:

The final fight in SotA is bucking FANTASTIC, I loved every second of it.

Really SotA is like Decretum 2.0: not that that is a bad thing, but the similarities are there.

I could read forever about L&S&T having foals and living life. Something about how the characters react and act is so just true to life, despite yknow, ponies.

Login or register to comment