• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,127 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,127

PreviousChapters Next
Rhino's Rage

Well, today is gonna be a bit more interesting than I first thought. I thought I'd just be hanging out with Rhino, but nope. First I find out he has a pet squirrel, and then I offer to help hook him and Fluttershy up because he's too shy to do it himself. Aren't I just the nicest guy ever? Maybe I should make a second career out of matchmaking.

That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat chance. Weather is the only career for me. You know, I really gotta stop getting off topic like this. How is it you guys can read through this? Oh well. I'm not complaining.

Anyway, right now we're walking just outside of town and nearing Fluttershy's cottage. As we reach the cottage, we see Fluttershy feeding her many animals. Does she just do this every moment of the day, or do I just have that kind of good timing?

She takes a break from feeding as she notices us and flies over. "Oh, Rhino and Blue Breeze. Nice to see you both. What are you two up to?"

"Not much, Fluttershy." I answer for us. "Rhino and I were hanging out and he thought it'd be a good idea if we stopped by here."

"I did?" Rhino says. I nudge him in the ribs. "Oh, yeah. I did." he says, smiling, but also becoming a bit more nervous.

"Well, that was nice of you. I was just feeding my animals if you'd like to help."

"Sure." we both say.

"Blue, you can feed the chickens."

"Aw, but I always feed the chickens." I complain.

"Well, would you like to feed Fuzzy? He still needs a feeding."

"Fuzzy? Sure."

"Great. Here." she hoofs me a fish. A fish? Must be a cat then. "Just go behind the house."

"You got it, Shy." I trot away and go behind the house. "Fuzzy! Come here, Fuzzy! Time for lunch!" I call out. Suddenly, a big grizzly bear comes out and roars. I see him wearing a tag with the word 'Fuzzy' on it. "Oh pony-feathers."

Out infront of the house

As Rhino and Fluttershy feed the animals, Specter pops out and lands on Fluttershy's head. She giggles. "Oh, he's so cute. Is he yours?" she asks Rhino.

"Yes, that's my pet squirrel, Specter."

"Well, he's very friendly." she says while the squirrel climbs around her. "I'm sure he'd get along with Angel." just then, her she freezes as she realizes she hasn't seen the white rabbit in a while. "Hey, have any of you seen Angel?" she asks her animals. They all shake their heads. "Oh dear. Where could he have gone off to?"

"Dont worry, Fluttershy. I'm positive he probably just went to go find a quiet spot to rest." Rhino says.

"No, that can't be it. Angel never misses lunch."

Suddenly, I fly out from behind the hoise, looking a mess from the fight I put up with from that bear. "A little warning about the bear would've been appreciated, Fluttershy." I say, dusting myself off.

"Sorry, Blue. But right now we've got bigger problems. Angel is missing."

"What? Okay, just calm down for a second. I'm sure he couldn't have gotten far." I look around and spot a trail of rabbit footprints on the dirt road heading towards the forest. "There!"

We go along trail, but stop as we reach the forest entrance. "Oh dear! What was Angel thinking to go in there?"

"Don't worry, Fluttershy. I'm sure he's fine. We just need to go in and look for him."

"Specter, can you stay here in case Angel comes back?" Rhino says to him. The squirrel gives a salute as he goes back to the cottage and gets in position.

"G-Go in?" Fluttershy asks nervously.

"Don't worry, Fluttershy. Rhino and I have got your backs. We won't let anything happen to you. Right, Rhino?"

He nods. "I'd rather let myself get hurt than let that happen."

"And besides, Fluttershy, we need you to help call out for him. You know him best."

"Well... Okay, I trust you both. I just hope Angel is all right."

"Well, it looks like we're going on a rabbit hunt."

"Hunt?!"

"Rescue! I meant rescue!"

After that we immediately head inside the forest, in search of the white rabbit. Sounds like Alice in Wonderland. This whole going into the forest thing is starting to become cliche. This is just like the time I had to go in here to save the crusaders, but whatever. Im not about to let my bunny bro get eaten.

As we go throughout the forest, we don't really find much. We find several rabbits, but none of whom are Angel. Why do animals have to look so similar?

We stop for a moment to catch our breath after a bit of searching. "Oh, I'm so worried about Angel. What if he..." Fluttershy starts having tears form in her eyes. Rhino and I go over to her to try and comfort her.

"Shh. Don't think like that, Fluttershy. Think positive." I say.

"He's right, Fluttershy. No one ever accomplished anything by being negative. Besides, it'd break my heart to see eyes as pretty as yours cry." Rhino says, slightly blushing at the end.

She looks up at him and smiles, blushing a bit herself.

Before we know it, we see another rabbit hop by frantically. "Angel!" Fluttershy shouts. The rabbit quickly gets behind us as we see a manticore pop out.

This seems familiar. Oh, no way! I look at the manticore's body and see an X-shaped scar on it. This is that same manticore from when I saved the crusaders all those months ago. Looks like I'll need to teach this kitty another lesson on how to play nice.

I step forward, itching to fight. "You ready for this, Rhino?"

"Right behind ya, Blue."

"This time I'm making sure you don't come back!" I charge the manticore, hooves charged. As I take a swing, the lumbering beast manages to dodge and hit me into a tree with a swipe from its paw. Okay, some manticore has obviously been practicing.

"Don't worry, Blue! I got him!" Rhino calls out. He uses his Res to charge at the monster, but it again dodges and swipes his legs with its tail. Rhino goes crashing back first into a tree, dizzy from the fly and fall.

The manticore turns over to the defenseless Fluttershy and grins. As Rhino shakes his head, his vision refocuses to see this.

'No! Fluttershy!' he thinks. He starts getting visions of Fluttershy getting hurt, and the blue stripes in his mane and tail turn red. He gets an angry snarl on his face as he gets up.

As the manticore is about to hit Fluttershy, Rhino uses his magic to grab its paw and have it hit itself. Rhino then does a quick teleport infront of the monster and gives it a strong buck to the stomach, making it fall onto its back.

He gets on top of it."You shall not touch her!" he shouts at it. He takes his magic and uses it on the beast's wings. He starts pulling upward, making fibers of the wings tear like construction paper. He stops about half away and grabs a rock with his magic, using it to repeatedly to pound into its face.

I see this in complete shock as I get back up to my feet. How could such a nice guy become so bloodthirsty? I've gotta stop him! I fly up and tackle Rhino off, having to throw my weight into it due to his larger size.

I look back at the manticore. "Get out of here!" it frantically nods, leaving as fast as possible. I struggle to hold Rhino as he tries to go after it.

"Let me go! It must pay!"

"Rhino, snap out of it!" I slap him hard in the face, getting his attention.

"Huh? What?"

"Rhino, Fluttershy's okay. Look." I turn his head to the shaking mare.

The red stripes turn back to blue as he calms down. "Oh, thank Celestia. Fluttershy, are you okay?"

She gulps as she gets up. "Yes, but what was that? You looked like you really wanted to hurt that manticore."

He sighs. "That... That is the part of me I hate the most. The part of me that I am afraid of. Whenever I get really upset, I go into this uncontrollable rage where I can't stop and I enjoy punishing my victims."

I put a foreleg on his sholder. "It's okay, bro. No pony got hurt. Plus, without that, Fluttershy would've gotten hurt."

"I know, but I just feel like a monster when that happens."

"Rhino, I don't think you're a monster." Fluttershy says.

"Y-You don't?"

"No. I'm very thankful you saved me and Angel." she starts blushing a bit. "Ca-Can I kiss you?"

She has to ask?

Rhino himself blushes a bit. "Yes, you can. I would like that."

She gives him a kiss on the cheek, both of their blushes intensifying.

Fluttershy looks at Angel. "What were you doing here in the first place, Angel?" through pantimime, he tells her he saw a bunch of carrots moving around and was chasing them. "Angel, you know carrots can't move."

Up in the trees

Vinetion snickers as she brings up a bunch of carrots with a vine. "I cant believe that worked."

Back to us

"Well, my work here is done. I'll see you guys later." I say. They say good bye to me as I leave and gather on home to take a break

As I get home, I walk in to find Zeph and Drax hanging out. "Hey, Blue. What happened with Rhino?" Zeph asks.

"Oh, we hung out for a bit, went to Fluttershy's, fought a manticore trying to eat Angel, Rhino nearly killed it in a fit of rage, I stopped him, and now I'm here."

"So, pretty boring day then?"

I chuckle as I plop down on the couch. "Eeyup."

PreviousChapters Next