• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,115 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,115

PreviousChapters Next
Rhinos and Butterflies

After Fluttershy and Rhino went off together yesterday, not much really happened for us. No one even really went to go check on them since we could tell they wanted to be alone. That's cool. Bro's definitely good if he could snag Fluttershy like that. Though it seems very odd that Fluttershy, scared of her own shadow Fluttershy, would hook up with a stallion like that. Hmm...

Well, whatever. I told myself a long time ago to stop questioning weird stuff. I guess Fluttershy hooking up like that isn't that weird compared to other things we've come across. I mean, we fought a draconic pony in an illegal fight club in Las Pegasus for Luna's sake. This is nothing compared to that.

Anyway, since Rhino left yesterday, today I'm gonna invite him to hang out with me. No, I'm not bored, I just feel like we should get to know the guy more and have him hang out with us. I guess Pinkie Pie always talking about having a bunch of friends is rubbing off on me.

Right now I'm clocking out of work like I always do. Well, like I always do when I happen to be here at least.

As I clock out, I turn to Zeph and Drax. "Well, see you guys."

"Where are you going?" Zeph asks, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Oh, no where special. I was just gonna go see Rhino about hanging out."

"Rhino? What for?"

"Well, why not? He is our old librarian's son. And he seems to have hooked up with Fluttershy. He seems like a pretty nice guy."

"Well, you do what you want. We'll be headin' home." Drax says.

"Alright, see ya." as I walk out, I give Sunny a good bye, her returning it with her own. I feel kinda bad we've worked together this long and never hung out outside of work. We've really gotta invite that mare to hang out with us one of these days. But Rhino first. Sunny can wait.

I remember hearing Rhino say he works at the animal clinic, so that's where I'm going. I do a bit of uneventful walking until I reach the clinic and walk through the automatic doors. Very efficient I must say.

The pony running the front, which just so happens to be Rhino, turns around. "Welcome to the Ponyville Animal Center. How may I-" he stops as he sees it's me. "Oh, hey, Blue Breeze. How may i assist you?"

"Okay, first of all, what's with the unnecessary big words?" I say, curious.

"Oh, sorry about that. I tend to just use bigger words sometimes. I really have no control over it."

"It's cool. Just wondering." I feel something furry crawl up my leg. I bring it up to see a squirrel attached to it. "Where in the world did this thing come from?"

"Oh, sorry about him. That's my pet flying squirrel, Specter." Rhino says. "Come on over here, Specs."

The squirrel jumps off my leg and onto his master's head where he curls up into a ball as he rests.

"Huh, cute."

"Yes, he is. He's also very clingy. This little guy literally follows me everywhere unless it's something important. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love him. Anyway, what did you come by here for? I know for a fact you don't have any pets."

"Yet. I don't have any pets yet. But anyway, I thought it'd be fun if the two of us could hang out today."

"Really?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Well, I still have a bit left before my shift's over."

"Nah, you can go on ahead." a fellow worker of his says. "Business has been slow all day. I'm sure it'd be okay if you left a bit early."

"See? Now there's no reason we can't hang out." I say.

"Well..." Rhino thinks a moment before simling. "Sure, sounds great. Let's go. You mind if Specs comes along? It's a bit impossible to get him to leave me alone."

"Nah, the more the merrier I say."

With us in agreement, we leave the clinic together, two ponies and a flying squirrel. I really ought to get a pet sometime. But again, one step at a time.

Just one problem though: I don't really have anything planned for us to do. Oh well. Guess we'll just make it up as we go like things tend to go.

"So, what do you want to do?" Rhino asks.

"Don't know." I answer nonchalantly.

"So, you invited me to hang out, but didn't plan anything?"

"Yep."

He shrugs. "Oh well. Not the worst idea I've heard."

"Exactly."

Rhino stops as he spots a stand. "Is that..?" he starts drooling. "It is!"

He rushes over to the stand, leaving me alone and leaving Specter to hold onto his mane.

I rush over as I try to catch up. "What's up, Rhino?"

"Sorry, but I can't believe I finally found some."

"Some what?"

"This." he says, holding up a jar full of jelly. "Strawberry applesauce. My absolute favorite."

"Really?"

"You jelly?" he says smugly.

"Ah, I see what you did there."

Rhino turns to the stallion running the stand. "I'll take two jars please."

"With pleasure, my good sir." the stallion says. Rhino gives him the bits as he stuffs the jars in his saddlebags. After that... the stallion jumps into a giant jar of jelly and pops out with probably the happiest face I've seen besides Pinkie's.

...Not gonna question it. Just gonna smile and back away.

Rhino himself is too busy with his applesauce to even bother with it. We decide to sit down at a nearby table. Rhino takes out a jar and starts eating directly out of it, not even using a spoon.

I decide to strike up a conversation. "So, what'd you and Fluttershy do yesterday?"

He stops eating and wipes his face. "She showed me a bunch of her animals. That one rabbit she has kept giving me this stare the entire time."

"Yeah, just give Angel some time. He'll come around. He's just protective of Fluttershy is all."

"That's what I figured."

"So, you do anything else?"

"Nope, that was everything."

"Wait, so you two didn't even kiss or anything?" I asks in minor surprise.

"Kiss? Well, no." Rhino says, blushing a bit.

"Well, don't you like her?"

"Do I like her? Oh, you bet. She's kind, she's good with animals, and she's the most stunning mare I've ever met."

"So, why didn't you make a move?"

"To be honest, I'm not good at relationship stuff. I'm quite shy about it."

"Well, would like my help with that?"

"Really? You'd help me with my bashful nature?"

"No, but I'd help you get with Fluttershy."

"Thanks a lot, Blue. I appreciate it."

"No problem. That's head over there right now."

"Wait, we're just going? No formulating a plan?"

"Nope. Just let me do the talking. I promise this'll work."

"Okay, I trust you."

And just like that, we're on our way to hook Rhino up with the mare of his dreams. What could possibly go wrong?

PreviousChapters Next