• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
Today's the Day

Author's Note: For those saying the relation between Dash and Blue is a bit rushed, it's only in the early stages, so give it a bit. Expect some action coming up soon. Open to criticisms(am I starting to sound like a broken record yet? ...Nah.).

I wake up the next morning to; you guessed it, my noisy alarm clock. But I won’t let that discourage me because today I get back to continuing my dream(get it?). I just hope things don't get too awkward at work with Rainbow Dash. I'm not good in awkward situations and I really just want this to work out. After getting ready, I head off to work.

Upon arriving to work, I greet Sunny, punch-in, and head off to the employee lounge for today's assignment. To my surprise, Rainbow Dash was actually up and awake for once.

"Hey, Dash. What, I don't get to give you a wakeup call today?" I joke.

"Hey, Blue. Nope, sorry, not today."

"Oh well. So, what's my assignment for today?"

"Well, we got some ponies complaining yesterday that there was either not enough sunlight or that it was too cold out."

"Ugh, there's no pleasing these ponies, is there?" I say disgruntledly.

"Hehe, doesn't look like it. So, today you'll be clearing out some of the clouds around Ponyville. Just make sure to get some and not all of them. I don't want ponies coming back complaining that it's too hot again."

"Sounds good. I'll see ya when I get back."

"Wanna make another bet?"

"Sorry, Dash. No can do."

"Aw, you're no fun."

I shrug her off. "Whatever. See ya."

"See ya."

I then make my way out of the office and into Ponyville, taking to the air once I'm fully outside. I begin thinking to myself. 'That actually went pretty well. I guess Dash wants to forget about yesterday just as much as I do. That'll make things so much easier.' as I fly around, clearing the clouds, I see the Carousel Boutique. 'I should stop by there after work and see if Rarity's finished my coat yet.'

After clearing away some of the clouds, I head on back to work. 'These weather jobs sure do go by fast. I wonder how much this actually pays considering how little work this really is. I think I'll ask Dash when I get back to the office.'

Once I get back to the office, I make my way over to the lounge to find Dash reading a magazine. "Hey, Dash." I greet.

"Hey, Blue." she returns. "Back so soon?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you about that, Dash. How much does this job pay when the work is so short and easy?"

"It pays one hundred and ten bits a day."

"Really?"

"Yep. It's usually not as easy as you've made it out to be. All the time ponies here were having troubles doing their assignments. That's why we had to let so many of them go. I guess you've just got a knack for weather."

"Sounds likely." I say, kinda smugly. "After all, I've told you my stories."

"Yeah... Hey, Blue?"

"Yeah, Dash?"

"I was wondering, are you... planning on doing anything later tonight?" she asks nervously.

"Well, I was planning on heading over to the Everfree Forest to get started up on researching its weather again. Like I told ya, it's been years since I was last able to do that, so I want to get started as soon as possible."

"Oh... that's cool." she says, obvously a tad worried. "Just, be careful, alright? I don't want to lose a new worker only after two days." she jokes.

"Alright, Dash. I promise to be careful. But it's not like I can't take care of myself, after all." I reassure her.

"Yeah, I know. Well, bye, Blue."

"Bye, Dash. I'll see ya later." I walk out of the lounge and punch-out. Next stop, the Carousel Boutique.

I shortly arrive at the boutique after leaving the office and walk inside to see Rarity working.

She looks over to see me walk in and smiles. "Ah, Blue. I'm so glad you're here. I just finished your new coat." she says. She levitates the coat over to me for my inspection.

I look over the coat for a minute. "Thanks, Rarity. I love it!” I say, very thankful for it.

It is a simple red coat, the same color as my eyes. It had sleeves that would reach to just above my hooves, a hood that would fit snugly over my head, and some holes on the sides for my wings to go through.

"So, how much do I owe you?"

"Oh, don't worry about it, darling. I insist you take it as my gift to welcome you to Ponyville."

"Are you sure, Rarity? I really don't mind paying."

"Of course I'm sure. I am the Element of Generosity, after all. Being generous is my pleasure, second only to fashion."

"The element of what now?" I asked, perplexed.

"Oh, you didn't know?" she asks quizzically in return.

"Know what?"

"Well, the other girls and I are each an Element of Harmony. I'm generosity, Pinkie is laughter, Fluttershy is kindness, Applejack is honesty, Rainbow Dash is loyalty, and Twilight is magic. We've used the elements to defeat such foes as Nightmare Moon and Discord."

"What the... Why does nopony tell me these things?" I say, raising my hooves in the air.

"Probably because you didn't ask." she said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Haha, I guess you've got me there." I say, smiling at her. "Well, anyway, thanks again for the coat, Rarity."

"You're welcome, dear. So long!"

'Alright, time to head home and get ready.' I think to myself as I head out the door.

Once I get home, I start getting everything ready. I get my coat on(comfy!), I pack my bag, and head out the door. 'Last time I went to the forest, I dropped my notes and never went back for 'em. I highly doubt they're still there after eight years, and even if they were I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of where they could be. I guess I'll have to start from scratch. Oh well. It's not like I had written down that much anyway.'

I leave my house, shutting the door behind myself, and take off. 'Tonight, it finally happens.'

PreviousChapters Next