• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
Never Go to Fight Club

Author's Note: Just here to say I went and posted my skype info. on my latest blog right here for anyone who may be interested. But enough of my pointless plugging. Let's get to what you all came here to see. Now, on with the story.

After being named the "King" Drax puts the sword down. "So, what does being king get me exactly? Can I keep the sword?" Drax asks the stallion.

"Sorry, but we need that. We already have to replace the rock you broke. We don't wanna have to replace the sword too."

"Then what do I get?"

The stallion takes out a coupon. "A coupon for one night's stay at the hotel!"

Drax takes the coupon. "That's it? Well, I guess it's better than nothing." he puts the coupon awa(thank you, Pinkie Pie) and steps down to meet Spitfire. "So, anything you wanna do now?"

"Well, I saw a bar near here. You wanna get a drink?" Spitfire says.

"Sure, but not that much. I don't feel like waking up to find out I was cuddling another colt."

Spitfire laughs and smiles on him. "Okay, let's go then."

The couple starts making their way over to said bar, still taking in the sights as they do so. They go inside the bar and take seats up at the front. It seems to be our thing to sit up at the front.

"Two apple ciders, please." Drax says.

The bartender nods and walk off to get their order. He comes back a few minutes later and sets down their drinks.

Spitfire picks up her drink and puts it in the air. "To King Drax, the best stallion in the world."

Drax picks up his own drink. "To Spitfire, the best mare in the world."

They hit their mugs together and each take a swig. "So, scale of one to ten, what'd you rate our first night here?"

"Any night's a ten when I'm with you." Drax says before the two of them kiss.

Before they can continue to talk, a group of three stallions walk up to them. Hey, did we hear right about you being Spitfire?" one of them asks.

"Yeah. Lemme guess, you want an autograph?"

"Nah, we were just wondering what a fine mare like yourself is doing in a place like this." another says.

"Spending time my COLTFRIEND if you don't mind."

"Coltfriend? This loser." they ask, pointing at Drax.

"He's not a loser."

"Look, can you guys just leave us alone and let us enjoy our night?" DRax asks.

"Are you gonna make us, tough guy?"

"Maybe I will." Drax says while getting up.

"Drax, maybe we should get going." Spitfire says, getting up to leave.

One of the stallions grabs her foreleg and stops her. "Where you going, sweet thing?"

Spitfire begins to pull at her leg. "Hey, let go of me."

"That does it!" Drax shouts. He spins the stallion around and punches him in the face, sending him flying.

"Big mistake!" one of the other stallions shout.

One of them jumps on Drax's back to try and restrain him. Now THAT was a big mistake. Drax pulls him off of his back and slams him down on the other stallion. He picks them both up by their heads and slams their heads together, knocking them out.

As the othe stallion starts getting up, Drax grabs him by the throat and slams him through a nearby table, smashing the table to pieces.

"Sorry about all that." Drax says to the bartender. "Send me a bill for the damages leter. Come on, Fire."

Spitfire walks up to Drax and kisses him on the cheek. "Looks like you saved me again."

"Wait(imagine him with an Italian accent)!" a stallion on the other side of the bar shouts as the two are about to make their way out.

They turn around and look at him. "What's up?"

"I must say that was very impressive fighting, sir. You took down all three of those stallions without even breaking a sweat."

"Thanks. It was really nothing."

"Nothing? It was mazing. You know, I could use a guy like you in my kind of work. Would you both care to come with me?"

"I'm not really sure."

"Come on, Drax. We've still got plenty of time. One more little stop couldn't hurt." Spitfire says.

"Well... Sure, I guess we'll come."

"Excellent. Just follow me. It's not too far from here. I promise you won't regret this."

I promise you they will.

The three of them leave the bar and make their way down the street. They walk into aback alleyway. "What are we doing down here?" Drax asks.

"This is just the easiest way to get in." the stallion answers. They come across a door and the stallion knocks on it a funny way for it to open up.

They walk inside to see a big ring with a cage surrounding it and a crowd of ponies cheering as two ponies fight each other inside it.

"What in Equestria is this?"

"This is just a little sport we like to do. We have ponies fight and have ponies bet on 'em. The winner gets paid and ponies who bet correctly also get money. It's simple."

"So, you want me to fight?"

"Just once. Just one fight and you'll be free to go."

"Well, I guess."

One of the ponies in the ring knocks the other one out and cheers. Some ponies come in and take the unconscious pony away as the victor walks out.

"You'll do great, Drax." Spitfire says.

"If you say so. I just feel weird about fighting for sport."

Drax goes up and walks inside of the ring. "Fillies and gentlecolts!" the same pony from before announces. Apparently he announces these when he's around. "Introducing our newest fight, Drax!"

The crowd cheers for Drax as Drax just looks aroud in irritation. 'I can't believe these ponies enjoy this so much.'

A large earth pony walks inside and takes a spot opposite of Drax.

"And introducing his competitor, Steel Hoof!"

The crowd cheers again.

"You think you can handle me, newby?" Steel Hoof asks Drax.

"Heh, I've eaten things scarier than you." it's true. We dared him to eat a spider once. I can't believe he actually did it!

"And... BEGIN!"

Steel Hoof and Drax charge at each other and grab each other with their forelegs, getting into a lock-up.

"Heh, not bad." Steel Hoof says. He kicks Drax's hindleg, tripping him up. With Drax stunned, Steel Hoof takes him and throws him against the cage.

"Your new boy looks to be having trouble boss." a pony says to the announcer stallion.

"Don't you worry. I know he can pull it off, even against somepony as tough as Steel Hoof."

Back in the ring, Drax gets up and charges again. Just before coming to Steel Hoof, he uses his wings to hop over him and get behind him. He wraps himself around him and falls back, slamming Steel Hoof into the floor head first with a Germane Suplex.

Depit this, after impacting, Steel Hoof rolls backwards and wraps his forelegs around Drax's neck, putting him in a headlock. Drax struggles to free himself, but Steel Hoof's grip is too strong.

"He looks pretty licked to me." the pony says to the announcer.

"Just shut your muzzle and watch!"

As Steel Hoof's grip tightens, Drax begins to slowly slip into unconsciousness.

In the crowd, Spitfire watches in horror. "Come on, Drax! You can do this!"

Hearing this, Drax starts to regain his focus. He flies up into the air and and slams down on Steel Hoof, making him release his grasp. Drax begins to fly up again and position himself. As Steel Hoof gets back on his hooves, Drax comes down hard with an elbow in Steel Hoof's back, making a sickening crack sound.

Having had his spine nearly shattered, Steel Hoof falls unconscious on the ring mat.

"Everypony, let's hear it for Drax!" the announcer shouts.

Drax looks at the crowd as they cheer for him and he smiles a bit. Drax leaves the ring and goes to meet up with Spitfire.

"You did great!" she tells him.

"Thanks." he says. The two of them kiss again before the announcer comes to meet Drax.

"hat was a fantastic display, Drax. Here's your earnings." he says, giving Drax a bag of bits.

"Thanks. Now if you'll excuse me, we should get going." the two of them go towards the door only to be blocked by several large ponies. "What's going on?"

"I'm sorry, Drax, but you're toovaluable to just let leave. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Albert Capony, son to the great Al Capony. This here fight club I have set up isn't exactly legal, but it sure is good money. And I can tell you'd be the perfect money maker for me."

"But you said we could leave!"

"Yeah, welll, there's two rules to fight clubs. One: Don't talk about fight club. And two: Nopony gets out of fight club. You're gonna stay and make me money."

"And if I refuse?"

The group of ponies start taking out knives. "You don't wanna know. Since I am a reasonable pony, I'll st least give you both a place to stay. You'll find a spare room upstairs. Fifth door on the left." Drax and Spitfire just look at him. "Well, get movin'!"

Drax and Spitfire do as their told and make their way up to their room, almost completely empty except for a bed and a small bathroom.

"What are we gonna do, Drax?"

"I don't kbow, Fire. All we can do right now is play along and try to stay alive. I'm sure the others will come looking for us eventually. I'll try and think of something until then."

"Okay, I trust you."

"Yeah... I just hope I can actually figure something out."

PreviousChapters Next