• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
Checking In

Author's Note: I thought I'd bring this up because Vinetion did. No, this will not be a parody of 'The Hangover'. This will be something completely and utterly different. Prepare your anuses, 'cause we're going in. Now, on with the story.

I wake up the next morning and smack my lips. Anyone else hate that taste in your mouth you have when you first get up? Whatever.

I look to see that Hail had snuggled up to me in the middle of the night. D'aaawww. She's so cute.

I nudge her a bit and she looks at me with drowsy eyes. "Oh, hey, Bluey." she says before yawning.

My heart cannot take this! "Hey, Haily. You ready for today?" I ask.

She gets up and almost instantly gets excited. "You bet! This is going to be so awesome!"

I chuckle at her sudden enthusiasm. "You know it! Come on, let's go."

"Race you down!" she leaps out of the bed and starts running out of the room.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!" I get up and start chasing after her. She shuts the door behind her and I hit it snout first. Son of a... that hurt. I get up from the floor and rub my snout. At least it's not broken. I open the door and walk out of the room and down stairs, everypony else waiting for me.

"Hey, Blue." Zephyr says. "What happened to you?"

"Why don't you ask Hail?"

They look at her and she gives an innocent laugh. "Well, we're all set to go. We're all supposed to meet up at the library, right?" Drax asks.

"Yeah, Twilight said she was gonna request some chariots to ride in from the princess. Only we need to be need the one's who fly them all the way there."

"HA! Sucks for you guys." Ice says.

"I'll remember you said that." I tell him.

"Can we just get going already?" Hail asks.

"Yeah, come on, everypony. To the library!" never thought I'd be so excited to go to a library.

Everypony grabs their things, which isn't much since we won't need clothes or that kind of stuff, and we head out the door. We all make our way eagerly down the street, ponies still giving waves to us. I sure was missing out at the hospital. We get to the library to see everypony else but Rarity has already arrived and to see two large carriages. I need to get use to getting up earlier.

"Hey, guys. About time you showed up." Twilight says.

"Would've been here sooner if Blue and Hail got up sooner." Zeph jokes.

"Well, you know me, I like my sleep."

"Me too." Hail says in agreement.

"Well, now we just need to wait for Rarity."

"I'm *pant* coming!" we hear Rarity shout. We look over to see Rarity carrying a mountain of bags with her. I am NOT gonna help carry that all the way to Las Pegasus.

"Rarity, there's no way we can take all that." Twlight says.

Rarity sets down her luggage and looks at Twilight. "But this is all necessary. I need as much with me to show-off as possible. How else am I supposed to spread around my brand?"

"No, Rarity. You can only take ONE bag." she says sternly.

"Oh, fine." she says disgruntedly. Her horn glows as she levitates a bag near her. "I guess I'll just bring all of my sewing equipment and some fabric."

"Good, now we can get going."

"Who's gonna be flying these things?" I ask.

"I was thinking Drax and Zephyr can take one carriage and you and Dark can take the other."

"I have to work with him?" Dark asks.

"Please?" she asks pleadingly, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Suspicions confirmed. They are dating.

"Alright. I guess it's not that bad."

"Good. Now, climb aboard everypony" Twilight announces.

Ice, Hail, Vine, Octavia, Fleur, Vinyl, and Spitfire get in my and Dark's chariot as all the other girls climb in the other. The four of us stallions all go over to our chariots and hook ourselves up for take off. It's a slow start, but we get some momentum and take off to the air. Dark and I pulling the same chariot evens it out as we're both about equal strength, so it's not all that heavy to fly.

After flying for a bit, I get bored. "So, any plans once we get there?" I ask everypony.

We all look at each other and smile as we each think the same thing. "PARTY!"

We share a laugh before Dark speaks up. "This is gonna be awesome!"

"Yeah, just don't get too out of control and fry the whole city's electricity, Sparky." I say.

"You know it's a real party when you get seriously busted." he jokes.

"Yeah, until you actually get caught and then are partying with your new coltfriend in jail." Drax says.

"Hey, I'm more than capable of handling myself."

"Really? Then how about a race?"

"A race?" I ask. "You're on!"

"I'm in too!" Drax says.

"Then on three."

"Alright."

We all exchange glances at each other.

"One..."

I get my game face on as it approaches.

"Two..."

Here it comes.

"THREE!"

In the carriage

"This is gonna be totally bucking awesome!" Vinyl says in excitement.

"Calm down, Vinyl. I'm also excited, but there's no reason to go crazy before we even arrive." Octavia tells her.

"Oh, you're always such a party pooper, Octy. We're on vacation! Let loose!"

"I'm with Vinyl! This is gonna be great!" Hail says.

"I suppose, but can't we just enjoy this relaxing chariot ri-AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Before she can finish, the chariot starts moving insanely fast, knocking every pony inside to the back wall.

The four of us go flapping our wings as fast as possible. Zephyr being extremely fast and Drax being incredibly strong definitely puts Dark and I at a disadvantage.

They begin to gain the lead on us. "HA! I knew we'd win!" Zephyr shouts.

"Oh buck that!" Dark shouts as he starts charging his hoof.

"Dark, what are you doing?" I ask nervously.

He puts the hoof to his chest and we instantly begin to fly faster, so fast that I couldn't even keep up. We begin to near the city as we tear through the sky.

"DARK! Slow down! We gotta land!"

"Ugh, fine." he says.

We begin to slow down as we descend and land our chariot right outside the Excoltibur, one of the biggest and best hotels in all of Equestria. The hotel itself also looks like a castle due to the tall, pointed towers around it.

Zephyr and Drax finally catch up and land right next to us. "Hey! You cheated!"

"No I didn't. You never said anything about using powers." Dark says smugly.

Before they can reply, the carriages open up as everypony dizzily makes their way out of the carriages.

Ice looks over to us and glares. "What the buck is wrong with you guys?!"

"Don't blame me, it was Dark's idea." I say.

"Woah, I feel really dizzy." Hail says as she falls over.

"Dark, I'm going to kill you." Vine says as she leans against the chariot. Dark sure is getting along well with Vine, huh?

"I think I'm going to be-" Rarity says before her face turns green and she runs over to throw up in a nearby trash can.

"Well, let's get going in." I say.

Everypony weakly nods as they shake off their sick feeling and grabs their things. We enter the hotel and everypony looks in amazement. Even the lobby to this place is extravagant.

We walk up to the front desk and the pony manning it looks at us. "Welcome to the Excoltibur hotel. How may I help you all?" he asks.

"Yes, how many ponies can a normal room fit?" I ask.

"Six ponies, sir."

"Then we'll take three rooms, preferably all next to each other."

"Certainly." he turns around and grabs three keys before hoofing them to me. "Your rooms will be on floor six. Thank you for choosing to stay at Excoltibur."

"Thanks."

We all walk off and take some nearby elevators to our designated floor. The elevators stop and we get out.

"Okay, so, Dash, Dark, Twi, Ice, Vinyl, and I will get the first room. Zeph, Octavia, Drax, Spitfire, Vine, and Fleur get the second room. AJ, Shy, Rarity, Pinkie, and Hail get the last room. Deal?"

They all nod and I give one key to Zeph and the other to Hail. We walk down the halls to find our rooms. We enter our room to find a pretty nice place. Two beds, a couch that I presume folds out, a bathroom, and a mini-fridge. Gotta remember not to touch that. Hotels always try to buck you on the price with those things.

I go over to a large window on the far wall and open it. "LAS PEGASUS HERE WE ARE!"

"NOPONY BUCKING CARES!" a pony shouts.

Great place so far.

Author's Note: The hotel in this chapter is a parody of the actual Excalibur hotel in Las Vegas. Living in Southern California, I've stayed there a few times while on vacation. Just a fun fact I thought I'd share.

PreviousChapters Next