• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,116 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,116

PreviousChapters Next
A Heated Bout

Author's Note: ...Why is this here? A warning? I'm pretty sure everyone already knows it by now. Besides, it's not that bad. Anyway, let's just skip the crap and get on with the story.

Grim sits in his seat with his jaw wide open from the sight he just saw. "D... Did they just NUKE Volcanous and the sixth circle?!"

Graze chuckles. "Looks like it. What was that about them getting ripped part? Hmm?" Graze starts laughing harder. "Face it, you're screwed."

Grim growls. "You and then shall all pay for this! I swear on it my name is Grim Blade, lord of the undead!"

Tombstone steps in, holding a plate of treats. "Your oatmeal cookies are ready, sir." he says.

"Oh goody." Grim says before getting up and quickly going over to scarf down on the cookies.

Graze stares blankly at him. "Yeah, a real lord of the undead." he facehoofs. "How in the world did I let myself get captured by these losers?"

Grim swallows. "Because we are superior while you are an idiot,"

"At least I don't eat oatmeal cookies."

"You should, they're quite delicious." he takes the plate from Tombstone before going back up on his throne. "Anyway, your friends may have survived that, but let's see them survive the three parts of Violence."

Higher up, where we are

We had continued making our way further down Taurtarus after our fight with Volcanous. I tell ya, that was insane. I honestly didn't even know if it would work. And Ice impaling all of his legs to the ground when he tried getting back up: genius.

We came across this one really big gate. After going through it, we had made our way to what is tknown as the seventh circle: Violence.

Now this one is really big. It's split up into three areas: those who did violence to others, those who did violence to themselves, and those who did violence to Celestia. Celestia sure is egotistical to make an entire area dedicated to the last one. Whatever.

We enter into the first area of the circle where we see dozens of large, rocky pillars from off the side of a cliff. We look over the side of the cliff to see steam rising up from a boiling, red lake.

"What in the world is that?" Zeph asks.

"Yeah, makes me a little nausious just looking at it." Ice says.

"Looks like the cherry mash for chimicherrychongas." I say.

"Or strawberry applesauce." Rhino says.

Vine facehoofs. "It is NOT food. That is a boiling lake of blood for ponies who have committed violence against others go into."

"Yeesh, these guys are even worse off than the guys in the River Styx." Orion says.

"No kidding. Who knew violence was like this compared to anger?" Drax says.

Ciel looks over it and shakes a bit in fear. Vine tries soothing it. "I know, Ciel. Just stay on my back and hang on tight. You won't make it if you fall too close."

I look around at the many pillars sticking up. "Well, lucky for us there's an easy way to cross." I hop to a pillar and motion for my friends to follow. "Come on guys, move your rumps. It's time for a hop, a skip, and a jump."

My friends smile as they catch on and start hopping themselves. We hop along the pillars, acting carefree for the first time in a while.

Rhino uses his Res to slide around on the pillars a bit. "This is awesome!" he says.

I smitk. "Having fun there, Rhino?"

"You kidding? This is even better than doing parkour!"

Zeph shrugs. "Meh, I prefer flying." as he goes to make a jump, a hand comes shooting out of the lake at him before he dodges it. "Woah! What the hay?!"

We look forward to see dozens of hands aiming for us. "Oh buck." we all say.

The hands start flying at us rapidly, intending to pull us down into the boiling blood. We all consistently keep dodging them, staying away from them as much as possible.

As Dark hops around, a group comes after him. "Okay, you wanna go?" he says. He charges a grenade in his hoof. "Then take this!" he chucks it at them, the explosion completely blowing apart all of them and clearing a path for us.

Not much really happens during all of this except the dodging, but eventually, we do reach solid grond as all of the hands stop their pursuit.

Ciel wipes a watery hoof across its forehead in relief. The rest of us do the same.

We look on to the next area of the circle, an incredibly thick forest.

"Well, this doesn't seem ao bad." Zeph says.

"You'd think so, but this is the area I can't stand the most." Vine says.

"Why's that, Vine?" I say. "I thought you liked forests."

She growls a bit. "This is no ordinary forest. Every single tree in here sprouted from a sapling that came from a pony who killed themself. This place is known as the Forest of Suicide."

"Well, no getting around it. All we can do is try to speed through it." Dark says before stepping inside.

We all exchange glances before going in after him. As we walk through the forest, screams can be heard from all of the trees.

"Ow." one says as Drax steps on its root.

He quickly steps off of it. "Sorry about that."

Vine looks around angrily at the sight of the forest. "I can feel all of their pain. Each and every soul hear, crying for help." she starts getting frustrated, so she punches a tree hard. "Those Grave Ponies are monsters! I'll see them pay for this!"

"Ow." the tree says.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

We turn back to look at her. "Just calm down, Vine. Getting worked up won't help anything." I say.

She sighs. "I know, it's just..." she starts trailing off as she hangs her head down.

I rest a hoof on her sholder and smile at her. "Hey, it'll be all right, okay? We'll get those Grave Pnies and save Graze. I promise."

She looks and smiles at me. She goes to look at all of the others, as well as her new pet. "Thanks, everyone." she exhales before straightening herself up. "You're right. Let's get going. The quicker we get through this, the better."

"That's the spirit."

"Yeah, sooner we get through this, the sooner we get to kick Grave Pony flank." Dark says.

"And save Graze." Rhino says.

"And go home!" Zeph adds.

We all do a group cheer before continuing through the forest, this time making sure to not step on any roots. Don't want to make their punishments any harder now, do we?

As we escape out of the forest, we come to a dusty, dry, barron wasteland. The environment is like a desert, but with a bunch of fallen stone buildings around, some rock formations, and an ominous looking mountain under the red sky.

Oh, you want to know how there's a sky seven floors down? Well, that's simple. Every floor is like it's own realm, so there is no ceiling unless it's like a cave like the fourth floor. Got that? Good.

We look around the desolate area, seeing nothing of interest besides the mountain.

"Are we still on the seventh floor?" Ice asks.

"Yes, we have just reached the final area. Here is where the souls who have tried committing violence against Celestia are sent."

"That would be the farthest area down here." Dark says.

"Well, she IS the princess. It'd be a disaster if she were hurt." Rhino defends her.

"I still say it's egocentric of her."

"Whatever. I say we get a move on before something tries to attack us." Zeph says. But as he tries to take a step forward, a spear made of... black fire? Yeah, anyway, a spear made of black fire hits the ground right infront of him. "What the?"

"You were saying?" a voice says. We look in the direction of the voice to see an ash-colored pegasus stallion with red stripes, a red and black mane with matching tail, snake-like eyes, weird looking wings, and wearing a vest sitting on top of a rock.

I facehoof. "Okay, from now on, NO ONE can say anything like that. It always jinxes us."

The pony jumps down from his rock down to us. "You must be the trespassers Lord Grim Blade warned us about."

"So, another one of Grim Blade's men." Vine says with venom in her tone.

"That's right. I'm Giro Halberd, one of his leading men. After I tried to join up with the Nightmare, I was sent here. Grim Blade saw potential in my abilities, so he let me guard this circle." he grabs the spear from the ground and hoists it over his sholder, the flames not even phasing him.

I look back at Ice and Vine. "You two make sure watch it around this guy."

"Got it." they both say.

Looks like Graze isn't the only one with that power.

Graze looks at the window angrily as he tries to break free. "Black fire?! That's MY thing!"

Grim chuckles. "Not anymore. Besides, Giro's powers are different from yours. Just watch."

Dark steps forward, ready to take this guy out. "Okay, let's just skip the formalities. You gonna step aside, or do we need to make you?"

Giro points his spear at him. "What do you think?"

Dark smirks. "Good. Just the way I was hoping for." he cracks his joints, similar to how I do... copy-cat. "Let's do this, fire boy."

Giro's glare hardens. "I'll make you regret coming down here."

"I already do."

(Boss Battle 7: Giro Halberd. BEGIN!)

Dark fires off a bolt of electricity, which Giro dodges by simply tilting his head to the side. Seeing projectiles aren't gonna cut it, Dark brings out his lightning blades and charges in to get close. Now right to each other, they start exchanging clashes, shinging noises and sparks flying from their elemental weapons.

As the light comes closer to Giro, he gets noticeably weaker. Dark smirks at him. "What's the matter, you hate the light too?"

Giro growls before jumping back and literally coming in hot with a flaming punch to Dark's face, singing his face and knocking him back.

"Let's see how you like the wind!" I shout. I fire some projectiles at him, but he easily avoids them with his quick reflexes.

"Let's see how fast you are when you can't move!" Vine says. She summons some vines that gold him in place, but suddenly, Giro creates a scythe made of fire and uses it to break free. Vine facehoofs. "Should've seen that coming."

"And this." Giro says. He drags his scythe into the ground, ripping it apart and sending a ewave of fire at us. "Heat Wave!"

We all jump out of the way of the wave. Ice uses a pillar to throw himself in the air to get a better target. Using his powers, he shoots off a bunch of ice shards towards giro. Instead of doding this time, Giro spins the scythe at the incoming projectiles, blocking them and making steam come from where they melt. After this goes on for a bit, a thick layer of steam builds up, encompassing our battle field.

"Aw, isn't this nice? I do enjoy a sauna." Giro taunts.

"Let's see how you like this!" Zephyr shouts. Out from the steam, he comes in and tackles Giro to the ground before he can didge, making the both of them roll a bit away.

Getting back up, Giro snarls at Zephyr. "I'll enjoy burning you to ashes!"

"I don't think so!" Vine shouts from above. She throws Ciel at him, the ooze expanding like net to engulf Giro. While inside, Giro uses his opowers to creeate fire inside, making Ciel shrink as it evaporates into more steam. "Ciel!"

The ooze quickly jumps off of Giro, now about two thirds of it's original size. Ciel starts hiding behind Vine. Vine gets in a defensive position. "Don't you dare touch him... her... it. Yeah, let's go with that."

Giro starts smiling eevilly. "I want touch it, but my flames are gonna turn it to pure steam!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Rhino shouts. "Now, Ice!"

"On it!" suddenly, a large pillar shoots out be neath Giro, but he backflips to avoid it. As he lands, he isn't able to stick it as Rhino uses his Res to make him trip.

Dark flies above Giro, looking mad. "Time for a little payback!" he charges up a grenade in his hoof.

Giro's eyes widen at it. "NO!"

Dark cucks the grenade down. "LIGHTNING FRAG GRENADE!"

*BOOM*

A big explosion goes off, mixing smoke with steam with dust.

We all look around like crazy to try and find him. "You guys find him?!" Zeph shouts.

"Yep." a voice says from behind him.

Zeph turns around to see a slightly chrred Giro behind him. "Uh oh!"

Giro uses his powers to summon a double-sided side, a handle in the middle and a blade at both ends. "Prepare to die!"

As he brings the blade down, I block it with my own charged up wing. "Not on my watch!"

"You don't wear a watch, Blue." Zeph says.

"Stop joking and get back!" I command.

"Right!" he says before dashing back.

"Grr, so many pests to fight at once." Giro says.

I smirk. "Yeah, we're kinda lke cockroaches. We come in a big group and are hard to kill."

"Well, you certainly got the cockroach part right!"

We start exchanging our own clashes with our blades. This kinda gives me flashbacks to when I first fought Dark in a way. As we go on, I start thinking up an idea.

I jump back a bit. Giro smirks. "What, getting scared?"

"No, just tired of all of this steam and smoke." I begin flying around, building up speed and signs of a tornado forming. Giro's eyes widen again. As the tornado forms, all of the smoke and steam are swept up, along with Giro.

Giro tries to fight, but is unable to. "Enough!" he shouts. He sends out a bit of black fire, nailing me right in the chest and knocking me out of the tornado.

I hit the ground with a thud. Giro smirks as he watches me try to get back up. "Did you honestly think that could beat me?"

I chuckle a bit. "Nope, just distract you long enough for our real plan."

"What?" dozens of vines come up, wrapping Giro up and forcing him to the ground.

"Hey, up here!" Drax shouts. Giro looks up to see Drax holding Orion, looking ready to throw him. "Ready, Orion?"

"Ready, Drax!" he says.

"NO!" Giro shouts as he tries to fight. Being pinned down, he can't even create any fir to escape his trap.

With Giro unable to move, Drax throws Orion hard, making a small, black boom comes from behind Orion as he shoots towards the ground. He crashes to the ground full force, making a bunch of dust shoot upward.

As the dust clears, Orion steps out, looking victorious. He pumps a hoof in the air. "Mission accomplished!"

We look over to see Giro is indeed knocked out cold and still tied up.

(End battle music)

Dark smirks. "That guy was all talk. We was no sweat."

"No sweat, but a whole lot of steam and smoke." Zeph says.

"Don't remind me and Ciel." Vine says.

"Don't worry, Vine. I'm sure we can find some water later and fix that." I say.

"I sure hope so."

Ice goes over to Giro and smirks before spitting on him. "That's a gift from ice. Remember not to mess with it."

We all laugh before deciding to continue through the wasteland and on to the next and second to last circle of this place.

Our descent is nearly over. Just a bit longer and we'll be there. Just hang in there, Graze. We're coming.

Author's Note: Giro Halberd comes from Star Light. Yes, he does look like Lance from Living the Dream. You can talk to Vine on that one.

PreviousChapters Next