• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,115 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,115

PreviousChapters Next
Let the Training Begin

I wake up early the next morning. That was one hay of a party. Berry had gotten drunk and passed out in the bathroom, Pinkie nearly blew up my fridge, and Vinyl nearly shattered all of my windows with how loud the music was. It was awesome!

Ice had also gotten to know the girls better, and we let them know about me training him. They were concerned at first, but they trusted me to be able to handle myself and Celestia's decision. Twilight almost immediately accepted it because of Celestia. Somepony's a suck up.

Anyway, I had gotten up early to give Ice a little "wake up call". By the way, he didn't know that training started today. Yeah, I'm a jackflank.

I walk into Ice's room, holding a megaphone. This is gonna be good. I walk up and put it up to his ear and...

"GET YOUR FLANK OUT OF BED AND GET A MOVE ON PRIVATE, PRIVATE!" I shout.

Ice jumps up and falls out of his bed. "What the buck, man?!" he shouts angrily. "I outta kill you!"

"Training starts today, so I wanted to help you get into the swing of things."

"By scaring the buck out of me?!"

"Yep. It's fun."

He groans. "Well, can we at least have breakfast first?"

I think it over. I guess I can cut him a little slack before I work him like a mule. "Sure."

We walk down stairs. I pour us some cereal to eat. He give Ice his bowl and he starts eating. "So, what kind of training are doing today?" he asks. "You gonna help me with my powers?"

"Nope, I've got another idea." I reply. "It's gonna be a while before you can really control your powers, and even when you do you won't always be avble to use them."

"So what are we gonna do about that?"

"I'm going to train you in hoof to hoof combat?"

"And you know about this stuff, how?"

"My dad was in the Royal Guard and taught me all he knew about it."

"Huh, I guess that makes sense."

We finish our breakfast and I bring out the megaphone. "NOW, GET MOVING, PRIVATE!"

He recoils. "Do you have use that thing? Can't you be more like those calm and collected maretial arts masters?"

"I could, but where would be the fun in that? Besides, I'm not always going to be acting like a drill sergeant, I'm going to switch depending on my mood."

"Fantastic." he says sarcastically.

We head outside and make our way outside of town to a bare area where nopony will be around to bother us.

"This seems like a good spot to get started." I say.

"Okay, what's first?"

"I'm just going to have you warm up with some quick exercises. Now, drop and give me twenty."

He gives me an "Are you serious?" look.

"I said: DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY!"

He drops to the ground and starts doing push-ups. This is fun. Once that's over, he gets up.

"Okay, now what?"

"Now, I want you to run a lap around Ponyville."

"What?! You can't be serious!"

"I am. Now, get moving." I point off to town and he starts running.

I get a lawn chair and start relaxing while I wait for him to get back. I should do this more often.

Fifteen minutes later

He gets back, huffing and puffing from how tired he is.

"This is horse-apples." he says angrily.

"I thought the same thing when my dad taught me." I reassure. "Trust me. It'll all be worth it."

"Yeah, I'm sure it will."

"Okay, enough getting warmed up. It's time for the real training to begin." I get up. I walk over to and open area and get in a fighting stance. I'll go easy on him. I don't want to hurt him too bad on his first day.

"Finally."

"Now, I want you to come at me with everything you've got."

"With pleasure."

Ice charges at me with full force. He brings up a hoof and swings at me. I jump back and avoid it. He continues to charge and swing at me, only to hit air everytime.

He charges at me once more, only this time he turns around and tries to buck me. I duck under his kick and push him over, causing him to flip forward.

He rolls over and gets back up. He charges once again. He turns around to do a buck. I get ready to duck again, but instead of kicking, he spins around again and hits me in the side of the head.

I stumble back a little and shake off the diziness. I smirk at him. "Not bad."

"You didn't think I was completely helpless, did you?"

We each get ready to have a stand-off. We both charge at each other. Half-way in the charge, I stop and stand on my hindlegs. Ice continues to charge at, but as he approaches, I grab him around the neck and use the momentum to give him a suplex.

I get up and Ice justs lays there, groaning. I might have overdone it a little.

I extend a hoof to help him up, which he takes. I give him a smile and a pat on the back. "Good going, dude. Not bad for your first time."

"Thanks, but can you go a little easier next time?"

I chuckle. "Sure thing. Now, how about we get something to eat."

"Sounds good."

Back at the house

"Why am I making you a sandwich?" Ice asks.

"Ah, because it teaches one concentration and dexterity. If you do not pay attention, then the sandwich will not come out right and will be all for not." I say like a cliche sensei.

"Really?" he asks, placing the sandwich infront of me.

"I don't know, but thanks for the sandwich." I take a bite of the sandwich and swallow. "Could've used some tomato."

Ice glares at me in anger.

Did I mention how fun this is?

Author's Note: You still mad, Ice?

PreviousChapters Next