• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,124 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,124

PreviousChapters Next
KA-BOOP

Author's Note: Hate me for leaving you in suspense on what's going on with Blue in Cloudsdale? Good. Now, on with the story(yes, I'm STILL using this).

Meanwhile, in Ponyville

It has now been about a few hours since Haily, Dash, and I left for Cloudsdale and the rest of the gang had gone about their business. Zeph and Drax had gone back to the weather office, Ice had gone to the cafe, Fern had gone to start working at the bar, and Vine was currently at work making the herbal bath to reverse the effects of the Hood Swap Plant to turn them back into mares.

Vine had already prepared the bath water and was now gathering up the ingredients to give the bath its magical effects. But there was a bit of an issue.

She rummages through her many shelves, cabinets, and drawers, looking for something in particular but not quite being able to find it.

"Oh, where in Equestria is it?" Vine asks herself in frustration. "I could've sworn I still had some."

Fleur looks into the room and walks in. "What's the matter, dear?"

Vine throws her hooves in the air before covering her face with them. "I'm missing the most important ingredient for the bath! I'm all out of the Heart's Desire that'll turn us back to norma!"

"Oh no. How long will it be before you can get more?"

Vine sighs. "I should be able to ask Zecora for some later. But for now, I think I'll just go over to the cafe. I could really use a drink."

"Can you bring me back a latte?"

"Sure thing."

And with that, Vine leaves off to the cafe in a mix of both disappointment and annoyance. Looks like today isn't going good for either of us.

As she walks through town, she does get a few odd looks from ponies who are still confused about the gender swapping.

As she enters the cafe, she grabs the attention of Ice. "What's up, Vine?"

She ignores his greeting and just takes a seat infront of him. "Get me the usual and keep 'em coming."

He looks at her confused for a moment before he starts filling up an empty cup. "What's the matter, Vine? Got troubles?"

This reminds me of a scene of seen in about a hundred different movies, only in a cafe instead of a bar.

"Well, as you can plainly see, I'm still a stallion."

"Yeah, I was wondering what was up with that. Didn't you say you'd turn yourself back to normal once the others left?"

"I'm missing the most important ingredient in making the bath. I'm going to go get some more later."

Ice takes the now filled cup and places it infront of her. "Well, here you go."

"Ah, sweet sweet coffee." Vine takes the coffee in a hoof and takes a sip. "I feel better already."

Just then, Zephyr and Drax enter the cafe. "Hey, guys." Zeph says.

They go take some seats by their friends. "What are you guys doing off so early?" Ice asks. "I mean, earlier than usual anyway."

"The ponies who were taking our spots while we were gone showed up." Drax explains. "We got Thunderlane, Blossom Forth, Silver Speed, and this one white pegasus named Orion to help us out. With six of us doing owrk, it was really easy."

"Man, I wish we had six ponies working here." Ice says.

Zeph then takes notice of Vine. "Vine. what's with the, uh-"

"Missing ingredient. Working on it after this."

"Ah."

"Hey, anypony know where Dark is?" Drax asks.

"I saw him flying off towards the others a bit after they left."

"Think Blue killed him yet?" Ice says.

"Hmm, I don't know. Blue doesn't have it in him to kill somepony, but Dark is a bit of a special case." Zeph says.

"Well, either way, at least we won't have to deal with him." Vine says.

"Agreed." the stallions say.

There's a bit of a silence amongst the group for a few minutes before Ice decides to speak up. You know Vine, have you ever thought of maybe just staying a stallion?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're a lot bigger and stronger as a stallion. Maybe staying one would make you more useful."

"Useful? You saying I'm not already useful?"

"Well, you definitely could've helped out more in our fight with Alloy."

'Hmm, I have always wanted to use this line. Now seems like the perfect time.' Vine thinks to herself.

"Shut your bucking mouth before I slap you with my wood." she says.

I don't even...

The three stallions just sit there giving her a 'Da buck?' face.

"That's a line my dad always used to get ponies to shut up.Now seemed like a good time for me to use it."

"Ah. Well, here's something I do to get ponies to shut up." Ice says. He takes a foreleg and presses it against Vine's snout. "Boop."

Vine just sits there, ablank look on her face. She can feel a very deep rage welling up inside of her.

Great, you opened the pits of Taurtarus. You happy now, Ice?

"Um, Vine...?" Ice asks nervously.

"Ten seconds." she replies.

"What?"

"I will give you ten seconds to run before I destroy you."

"Oh come on, Vine. That's a bit har-"

"Nine, eight, seven..."

Seeing that she wasn't kidding, Ice starts panicing. "Bon Bon, I'm going on break!"

He takes off his apron and dashes off out of the building.

"Three, two, one. Time's up!" Vine shouts.

"Just don't kill him, Vine. I still need him." Bon Bon says to her.

"No promises!" Vine tells her.

With ten seconds up, Vine dashes out after Ice.

Zephyr and Drax just look at each other. "Should we help him?" Drax says.

"And risk Vine going after us too? No way." Zeph says.

"Yeah, good point."

Now outside, Vine looks around the immediate area in search of Ice. "He couldn't have gotten far!"

In a back alleyway by the building, Ice hides from his predator. 'She's taking this a bit seriously. All I did was touch her nose.' he thinks to himself.

As he tries to sneak away, he hits trash can, knocking it over with a crash.

"Got you!" Vine shouts, looking in the alley's direction. She rushes over to it and prepares to attack. "I have you now."

"Not quite." Ice says. He stomps his hooves and makes an ice pillar hit Vine in her currently male genitals.

Vine falls to the ground in pain, holding her crotch. "Oh, yeah. You're really bucking dead now."

"You only live once!" Ice shouts before taking off.

Vine shakily tries syanding up, trying to ignore the pain. "Now I see why guys say that hurts so much. But now to find that little worm and make him pay."

Vine takes to the air, using her advantage of being a pegasi to get a birdseye view of the town. Through all the brown and white buildings, she spots a black and blue dot running through the streets.

"There you are!"

Vine descends like an eagle towards Ice with great speed for a pony of her size.

Ice looks back in terror as he sees his chaser approaching. He quickly stomps hooves down, making a pillar of ice form which he uses as an elevator to shoot himself up over an oncoming building.

But using a bit of strategy, Vine lands and makes some vines sprout up where Ice will be jumping off.

Coming over the building, Ice is captured by several vines.

Vine approaches him with a smile as he struggles to be freed. "I told you I had you now."

"As if!" Ice says. He begins to charge energy in his horns, only to have more vines wrap around them to cut off their power.

"Ah ah ah. We won't be having any of that." Vine then summons many thorned vines below Ice. "Have you ever seen any henthay(hooray for puns)?"

"No." Ice replies, plainly lying.

"Well, then you're in for a real treat with these vines.

At the cafe

Zephyr and Drax are startled by a loud scream off in the distance. "Good idea not helping." Drax says.

"I told you."

Over in Cloudsdale.

I stop walking as I hear a scream. "What in Equestria was that? Aw buck it. I'm sure it's nothing important." I wave off the noise and just continue my walking.

Later

Vine comes home, now having Fleur's coffee and the Heart's Desire. "I got the stuff. Now we can get going."

"What took you so long?" Fleur asks, lookig up from a fashion magazine she was missing.

"Oh, I just did a bit of Ice fishing."

Author's Note: Just for future reference, there's like NO way that Orion guy I mentioned is gonna be important. Like, he DEFINITELY won't have any revelance in the future whatsoever. And I mean that.

PreviousChapters Next