• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
An Explosive End

Author's Note: Last time on Continuing the Dream, our heroes were being brutally beaten by Grim Blade and his monstrous Stallord. Zephyr got a mace to the face, Drax was crushed, Dark was smashed, Ice and Rhino were mind raped, Vine's second Rosebud was torn apart, Orion was blinded, and worst of all, Blue got his wings ripped clean off his back. Can our heroes pull an upset victory out of this bad situation? Well, let's move on with the story to find out.

This is not what was supposed to happen at all. I guess I either got cocky, or my luck just ran out, but this is bad. Most of us can't even fight anymore, and I'm near useless without my wings. Even with Graze and Vine, I doubt we can pull through this.

I try looking around the area, my vision still blurry from crying. I can just make out shapes that look like Vine on one side of me, and Graze and Grim on the other. I look infront of me to see what I believe to be Stallord. He raises his claw up above me.

"YES! DO IT, STALLORD!" Grim demands.

"BLUE!" Vine shouts worriedly. Just before Stallord crushes his claw on top of me, Vine darts out and pulls me out of harm's way. She takes me and sets me down.

"Vine?" I ask weakly.

"Shh, you just sit tight, Blue. Don't try to move."

Grim growls. "You can't escape that easily!" he shouts at us. His horn glows again as he summons more diamond dogs that surround us.

"GUYS!" Graze shouts as he tries to rush over and help us. He's stopped by a big hand that comes up from the ground and grabs him. He struggles to free himself.

"Oh no you don't." Grim says. "You're not going to interfere with my plans anymore."

Vine darts her eyes at them. "I can't use my powers. Guess I'll just have to do this the old fashioned way." I try to get up to fight, but she puts a hoof on me. "Just stay down, Blue. I'll handle this."

One of the dogs swings a sword at her head, but she ducks just in time, losing a few hairs off her mane. Now down, she does a quick buck, knocking back the dog behind her. Not seeing the incoming attack, a dog bashes her in the face with a shield. She gets knocked down, but she gets back up to defend me and jumps at it. The others grab her off of him and throw her back. They slowly approach her as she has nowhere to run to. The begin to wail on her unrelentingly.

Graze watches the sight in anger as he continues trying to escape. He eventually stops trying and takes a deep breath. "No..."

"No, you don't want to see your friends hurt?" Grim says.

"No."

"No, you don't want to die?"

"No!"

"No, you don't want to lose?"

"NO!" Graze's mane, tail, and wings burst into flames as he busts out of the giant hand.

Grim reels back a bit. "What is this?!"

"KILLJOY!" Graze screams, now having a double-sounding voice. Graze rushes over to us and quickly uses a combinstion of jabs and kicks to make easy work of the diamond dogs.

I've gotta learn how to power up like that.

"Graze..?" I say weakly.

He picks up both me and Vine. "Just relax, Blue. I'm going to end this once and for all" he flies us over to another bare cliff, a good distance up from the arena. With us in a safe location, he starts flying up higher and higher.

Having been a good five minutes since his blinding, Orion blinks his eyes as his vision slowly returns to him. As his vision clears, he starts making out the area around him.

"Hey, I can see again!" he starts celebrating. In mid-celebration, he looks around him to see his fallen friends. "Oh my Celestia! Guys! Did Grim do all this?!"

"Ye-Yes." Rhino says, still dealing with his head pain.

"Rhino!" He takes the green stallion and smacks him across the face.

Rhino shakes his head. "Hey, why'd you do that?"

"It got rid of your head pain, didn't it?"

"Hey, yeah! It did! How'd you know that would happen?"

"I guessed." Orion says proudly.

Rhino facehoofs. He then looks up at the sky in shock. "Hey, is that Graze?!"

Orion looks over. "What?! No way! He's not seriously going to dive down, is he?!" he then looks down at the bottom to see Grim charging up another spell. 'Oh hay no! He's mine!"

Leaving Rhino sitting on the cliff, Orion flies down and lands on Grim, catching him off guard. Grim struggles under him. "Ugh! Let me go!"

Orion grabs him by the horn, making him stop. "I recommend stopping before you lose this."

Graze stops once he reaches what he believes to be a high enough altitude. Seeing what Graze is going for, Rhino starts working his Res on him to cut down air friction.

This is gonna be good.

(Play this for the most dramatic effect possible)

Graze aims down and gives a might flap of his black, flaming wings , pushing him out into a nosedive at Stallord. He puts his hooves out infront of him to gain more speed. Soon enough, a mach cone starts forming around him. The flames from his mane and tail begin to taint the cone.

As Graze falls faster and farther, the cone starts shrinking around him before eventually he breaks through, causing a huge boom of black fire and a black fire trail to go behind him.

"NECROFLARE BOOM!"

As he nears Stallord, the skeletal beast puts his hands out infront of him to block Graze. Due to Graze's incredible speed, he breaks right through the ancient, boney hands.

"See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!" seeing what's about to happen, Orion quickly shoves Grim's head in the dirt before flying back over to the cliff.

Grim looks in horror as Graze reaches the ground and a giantic explosion of black fire goes off, completely desimating Stallord.

(End music)

As the smok clears, bits of Stallord fall around as Grim lays on the ground, groaning. Graze, feeling a huge impact upon landing, shakily tries getting to his hooves.

From feeling and hearing the explosion, the fallen members of our group start to get up.

Author's Note: Isn't it just wonderful that when this chapter was done fimfiction decided to make me wait four hours to publish because of bad gateways? I think it is. Anyway, I know this is short, but that's because I like to see you guys beg for more.

PreviousChapters Next