• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
Protecting the Town

Author's Note: Here it is, everyone. The chapter I've had planned for a long time. I've had this planned back when Ice was the only OC I planned on putting in. That's how long I've been waiting on this. I now just hope it's as good as I thought it'd be. Also, happy Saint Patrick's Day, my fellow Irish bronies. Now, on with the story

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"What in Equestria was that?" I ask.

"Who cares? Sounds like something interesting is finally happening." Dark says before galloping out.

"Come on, guys. Let's go!" the rest of us follow Dark outside.

Upon coming outside, we see something COMPLETELY unexpected. We come out to see a lupis minor attacking somepony. For clarification, lupases are wolf creatures, similar to timberwolves. But where as timberwolves are completely made of wood, lupases are celestial creatures like ursas. A lupas minor is slightly larger than an average pony and a lupis major is slightly larger than a full-sized alicorn like Celestia.

"What in the world is a lupas doing outside of the forest?!" Zephyr asks.

"I don't know, but we need to stop it!" I say.

"I'm on it!" Drax says. He goes and bucks in it's side. The lupis gets back up and snarls at him. The lupis lunges in the air at him, but Drax gets up and slams his hooves on its head before it can get close enough. The lupis then falls unconscious.

The rest of us gather around and look at it. "Vine, you're an animal expert. Is this normal?" I ask.

"No, it's not. I've never seen any creature leave this far out of the forest." she answers.

"Me neither. These things are predators, but they normal only attack ponies that come into the forest." Dark says. Everypony looks at him quizically. "You learn these things when you live in the forest for fifteen years."

Fair enough.

Before we can contiue thinking this over, Twilight shows up. "What in the world is going on?!"

"For some reason this lupas left the forest."

He pupils shrink at hearing this. "Oh no..."

"Oh no, what?"

Before Twilight can explain(so many interruptions today), Zecora comes running to us. "Ponies, we must make haste, for we have no time to waste!"

"What do you mean, Zecora?" I ask.

"It is worse than all of my greatest fears. The monsters are attacking like they do every one hundred years!"

"What?!"

"She's saying that the monsters of the forest are attacking because they have a curse where they become more violent and hunt for ponies. This curse also happens every century. Since Ponyville isn't a dentury old yet, not many ponies know about this."

Of bucking course! "If that's the case, you go and try help ponies find shelter! We'll stop the monsters!"

"But..."

"No time for buts! Just go!"

They nod and then run away. "What do you mean "We'll stop the monsters"?" Ice asks.

I close my eyes. "I know we're supposed to keep our powers a secret, but the only way we're gonna protect everypony is to use our powers to fight off the monsters."

"Sweet! That means I don't have to hold back!" Dark says.

"I'm sure there's another way." Vine says. "Let me try. I have a natural attraction for animals." a timberwolf starts running up to her. "Just watch." the timberwolf gets closer and closer, not slowing down. The wolf lunges and Vine braces herself.

Drax punches the wolf in the side of it's head, sending it flying and knocking it out. "I don't really think that's going to work here, Vine."

"*sigh* You're right. I guess we don't have a choice."

"Now that we're all in agreement, it's time to talk strategy." I say. We all get in a group huddle. "Okay, I think it'd be best if we all split up and cover different parts of the town. Dark, I know you still don't like us, but we all need to work together for this to work. Just make sure to not let anypony get hurt and to try and not let any property get destroyed."

"Ugh, fine. Just make sure you actually have my back." he responds.

"Everypony in agreement? We watch each other's backs and try to protect as much as possible. We also meet back in the middle of town when we think it's okay."

"Agreed." they all respond.

"Okay... BREAK!"

We all break off into seperate directions. A manticore comes running up and Dark gives it a good slah across it's chest.

"Oh, I'm gonna have fun with this!"

"I think you're enjoying this too much." I say.

"I've been stressed lately. Everypony deals with stress differently. Some ponies buck at funerals. I kick flanks(if you can name the game the quote I'm parodying comes from, I'll love you forever)."

I gotta admit, even though that was pretty crass, it was bucking funny!

We each continue to go in seperate directions. If the monsters left the forest, then they should've immediately attacked my destination. Fluttershy's cottage!

I gallop as fast as I can to the yellow pony's house. I just hope I'm not too late. I continue to go as fast as I can, ignoring my urge to take a breath.

I get to the house to see a scorpio trying to break down the door. "SOMEPONY! HELP!" I hear Fluttershy scream.

Scorpios are another celestial beast, just giant, orange scorpions.

"HEY! UGLY!" I shout, The scorpio turns around to look at me. "Bet you can't catch me!" I taunt while wiggling my rump at it. It's eyes turn to slits as it grows angrier. It whips its tail at me, only for me to dodge and fly in close. I charge up one my hooves and hit it right between the eyes, launching it back.

With that done, I go up to the door. "Fluttershy, it's me, Blue Breeze!"

The door slowly opens. "It is you!" she jumps out and starts hugging me. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

I make her break the hug and give her a smile. "It's no problem. But it's not safe out here. You go into town and find better shelter."

She nods. "Right." she flies off as directed.

I turn around to see some timberwolves leaving the forest. I fly up to them and charge my wings. "Okay, who's next?!"

Back in town, the school has been barricaded with teacher and students still inside. "Okay, children. This is not a drill! We need to stay here and remain quiet to not draw attention to ourselves." Cheerilee tells the students.

"I'm not afraid of those monsters!" Scootaloo shouts.

"Neither am ah!" Apple Bloom shouts.

"Um... I kinda am." Sweetie Belle admits.

"Come on, Sweetie Belle! This could be our chance to get our cutie maks! We could be CUtie Mark Crusader Town Protectors!"

"You girls are going to stay here and that is final!" Cheerilee tells them.

"Yes, Ms. Cheerilee." they all say. Suddenly, the front doors are blown away as a lupis major walks in, looking at the ponies with hungry eyes. "Stay behind me, everypony!" Cheerille shouts while getting between the giant wolf and the kids.

Before the lupis gets too close, Drax bursts through a window and wrestlses the beast down. "GET OUT OF HERE!" he tells the class.

Everypony nods as they run out of the building. The lupis hits Drax in the face and knocks him right off. The lupis uses this chance to chase after the fleeing classroom. Drax gets back up and gets to hunting down the wolf. Drax catches up to the wolf and grabs its tail by the mouth. The lupis looks back to see Drax holding it and grinning. Drax uses his powerful muscles to toss the giant lupis into the air. He wraps himself around it and starts flying downwards with a spin. A crater is formed as Drax slams the lupis into the ground head first.

The classroom of young ponies cheers for Drax as he gets up and gives them a salute before flying off.

Now, what could Zephyr be up to?

Else where in town, Zephyr has just defeated a group of timberwolves. "HA! Easy peasy."

"Don't be too sure of youself." Vine tells him, pointing in the distance. "We've got serious trouble."

Zephyr looks over to see a four-headed hydra approaching them. "I'm on it!"

Zeph starts flying up at the hydra, using his talent for manuevering to easily avoid the heads. He continues to fly around and avoiding getting nommed by each head. He suddenly stops and looks back to see a head coming right at him. Before it can reach him, it suddenly stops because it can't reach. Zephyr actually flew around the heads so much that they got tied together.

"Like I said, easy peasy!" he shouts to Vine.

"Yeah, yeah." her hooves glow as a bunch of vines wrap around the hydra and sending it flting back to the forest.

Let's see what our favorite psychopath is up to.

"This is what I'm talking about!" Dark shouts as he cuts off the tail of a scorpio. He turns back around and stabs the scorpio in the head. This dude's brutal.

Around the corner, Ice runs around to where Dark is. "Wow. You seem to be having fun." he says to Dark.

"You bet I am!"

Just then, a pack of lupas minors swarm them. Ice and Dark back up as the bump into each other. They turn and glare at each other only to turn back and look at the lupases.

"You got my back?" Ice asks.

"You got mine?"

"Yep!" they respond at the same time before jumping at the lupases.

Dark charges up and throws a grenade into his group and they get blown away. Ice summons a bunch of colunms and literally impales all of his(happy, Ice?).

They turn back and bro-hoof each other. "Nice going, Frosty."

"Not too bad yourself, Sparky."

They run off together to meet up with the others in the middle of the town. They go there to find everypony else, including myself.

"So, is that all of them?" I ask everypony. A loud stomping comes from behind me. "Never mind."

I turn around to an ursa minor standing right behind me. It takes a swipe at me and sends me into the second story of a nearby building.

Ugh, I'm gonna feeling that for a while." I say as I get up.

"AH!" a mare in a bath tub screams. Oops. "Pervert! Get out of my house!" she shouts as she starts throwing things at me.

"Ow! Okay! Geez, Lady! I'm going!"

I land back outside and look at the ursa. I know how to handle this.

"Ice, make a pillar under its head!" Ice stomps his hooves for a pillar to come up and knock the ursa to its back legs as its jaw is hit.

"Drax throw me!" Drax gets on his back legs and I jump into his forelegs. He pulls back and tosses me with all his might. I charge both of my forelegs to give the ursa a Double Hurricane Hoof to the chest. It stumbles back, but catches itself and grabs me.

I scream out in pain as the ursa starts to squeeze me. "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

"Blue!" Ice shouts. He creates about a dozen ice crystals in the air and fires them at the ursa. The ursa reels back as the crystals penetrate its flesh The ursa gets mad and chucks me at Ice, sending the both of us tumbling back.

"That's it!" Dark shouts. He creates a grenade and each hoof and throws them at the ursas head. They explode in itsface and the ursa keels over.

I get back and grab my chest. Geez, this hurts.. "You okay, Ice?" I ask in pain.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." he replies as he gets up.

"Now, is that the last of it?" a loud roar comes in the distance as I finish. "Celestia dang it all!"

This time it's not a mere ursa minor, but an ursa major!

"I think putting junior down upset mama." Dark says.

"Group huddle!" everypony gather around me as I whisper my plan. I'm so good, I can think of a plan in ten seconds flat.

We break the huddle and Zephyr flies up to the ursas eye level, which wasn't easy since it was on its back legs.

"Hey, Smokey! Bet you can't get me!" he shouts at it. The ursa roars and begins to swing at Zephyr. Zeph dodges the colossal swings as he flies backwards to lead the bear away from the town.

Phase one complete.

"Ice, you're up!" I tell him. He stomps heis hooves and creates a pointed ice pillar. "Vine, your go!" Vine creates a bunch of vines and rips the pillar off of it foundation and up to the ursa' chest level, Zephyr still keeping it busy.

Dark and I nod to each other as we both fly up to the pillar. Dark uses his powers to electrically charge up the pillar, now pointed directly at the ursa.

I get into position at the pillar's back end. Time to end it!

"FUS RO DAH!" I shout as I give my wings a powerful flap and send the pillar through the ursa's chest.

Dark, Zeph, and I land back down to the others. The ursa falls backwards with a thud, now dead.

Everypony comes out of their shelters and gather around us. After a minute of staring, they start cheering for us.

The celebration is cut short as I fall over from the pain in my chest. "BLUE!" everypony shouts.

"He needs medical attention!" Vine shouts.

"We need to get him to the hospital!" Drax suggests. He picks me up and they all start hurrying me to the hospital, leaving the crowd of ponies in a sad silence.

Even in victory, nothing ever goes right for me.

PreviousChapters Next