• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
Bonus Chapter: A Loan to Lose

Author's Note: About time we got to this. If you guys remember back a bit, I was holding a poll asking you guys whether or not Zephyr should keep his money. Since you guys are way too nice, you said he should keep it. But since I thought the idea was too good to waste, I decided to make this non-canon bonus chapter showing what would happen if you guys chose for him to lose it. Remember, none of this really happens and is really just done because I felt like showing it. Now, on with the story.

I lay in my bed as I softly sleep. For some strange reason, I'm sleeping better than I normally do. I feel completely relaxed and soothed. This is gonna be a great day. Nothing can ruin this mome-

*RRRRRIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG*

"BWAH!" I scream as I jump out of my bed. I hit the floor with a thud before getting up and seeing an alarm on my nightstand. What the buck? Where'd that come from?

I grab it and see it has a note on it. I take it and read it.

"Heard you liked alarm clocks, bro.

Trololol.

Dark Lightning."

Dang it, Dark! I'll get you for this! I then procede to take the clock and bust it into a million pieces, pretending it's Dark. Oh how I wish it was.

Dang it, I hate those things. After that little early morning episode, I wash up in the shower, ready to start a new day. It's another one of those weird and unexplained days that we get off of work again. Whatever. I'm not gonna question it.

(Translation: I can't think of a reason to explain these things. Sue me.)

After washing up, I head out into the hallway. I wish I could say that was uneventful, but I trip over a big, brown sack.

"What the hay?" I say, looking at it. I look inside to see a ton of bits. Must be Zephyr's then. I'm no thief, so I take the bag with me to give back to him. I sigh as I put it on my back. "How is it that somepony just leaves a big bag of money right in the middle of a hallway is beyond me."

I go down the stairs to find the others already up. How is it they're always up before me anyway?

I set the bits infront of Zephyr, still annoyed at him. "I believe this belongs to you."

He quickly grabs the money and hugs it. "Thanks, Blue. Where'd you find it."

"Under my legs after tripping over it in the upstairs hallway."

"Sorry about that. I honestly don't know what happened."

"Well, be more careful with that. That's a lot of money. Someone could easily take that. You should really put it in a bank or safe."

"Well, I don't have a safe. I also don't have a bank account in here Ponyville to go deposit it. So I'm sort of just stuck watching it right now."

"What are you going to do with that money anyway?"

"I don't really know yet. Tavi and I have been thinking of getting our own place though."

"Actually, Zeph, I've been wanting to talk to you about that money for a while now." Ice says.

Oh no.

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" Zeph asks , suspicion in his tone.

"Look, my crummy cafe job is easy and all, but I don't make enough that I'd be able to support getting my own place. I really could use a loan."

"Sorry, Ice. No can do."

"What? Why?"

"Because if you can't support you're own place, how can I trust you to pay me back? In fact, you still owe me for paying your bail."

"Come on, man. That was Dark's fault. If anything, he owes you more than I do."

"Sorry, man. Can't do it until I still get the money you owe me." he says, crossing his forelegs.

"Dang it." Ice walks over to the front door and opens it a bit. "I'm going out for a bit. See you guys later."

We watch as he leaves before I turn around to get breakfast started. "So, who's hungry for chimicherrychongas?"

"Bleck. No way. I can't eat anymore of those things." Zeph says before getting up to leave. "I'm gonna go get some real breakfast."

Drax and I look at each other after he leaves. "How much you wanna bet this is not gonna be a normal day for those two?" I ask.

"Do we even need to bet? We know the answer." he says.

We both chuckle at that. Yep, it's obvious. But it's still fun.

Zephyr walks through the streets of Ponyville on his way to get what he considers real food. How could he possibly get tired of eating chimicherrychongas? Even the name is awesome! But whatever.

As he walks, he ponders to himself on a few things. 'I wonder if Olive's Garden is still serving those muffins I like.' I never said it was anything important.

As he walks, he hears a voice call out to him. "Hey, Zeph! Over here!" he turns his head to see it's Ice, sitting at a table infront of a restaurant with some plates of food infront of him. "Come on over here, man!"

Zephyr thinks about it for a moment, but is cut off as his stomach grumbles. He shrugs. "Eh, why not?" he walks over and takes a seat.

"Funny bumping into you here." Ice says.

"Yeah... funny. So, what's with all the food?"

"Oh, I was feeling really hungry. But I think I may have ordered too much. You want some?"

Hesitantly, Zephyr smiles before grabbing a fork. "Sure, I'm starving." Zephyr starts to move his fork towards some pancakes before Ice holds up a hoof.

"Hold on, you need syrup on those." he grabs a packet and pours it on. "There you go, old buddy."

"Uh, thanks." Zephyr says, feeling a bit weirded out. He takes a bite of a pancake and swallows. "Ice, are you coming onto me?"

Way to be subtle there, Zephyr.

Ice just laughs. "Me? Coming onto you? Oh, that is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I may be bi, but I'm with Vinyl."

"Wait, since when were you bi?"

"Since always."

Zephyr drops his fork. "Well, this has been great. Thanks for the food, Ice. But I really gotta get going."

He then gets up from his seat and quickly trots off.

Ice rubs his chin as he thinks. 'I think he's coming around. I just need more to push him over.'

Zephyr walks around for a bit before deciding to stop by at the cafe. He walks in to find Vine and takes a seat next to her.

"Hey, Zeph. What's up?" she says.

"I think Ice is trying to get me to lend him money."

"Oh, that's right. You I forgot you won a bunch of money in Las Pegasus."

"How could you forget that that fast?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. I tend to not remember things that don't concern me."

"Well, whatever. I need a drink. Waiter, can I get a drink." he calls out.

"Sure thing." the waiter says. He turns around, revealing himself as Ice.

"Ice?! When did you get here?! Isn't this your day off?!"

"Yeah, but I figured I could REALLY use the money, you know? So, the usual?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Coming right up." Ice takes a paper cup and fills it up as he usually does. He places it infront of Zeph. "There you go. And don't worry about paying me. It's on the house."

Zephyr facehoofs. "Okay, Ice. You don't need to keep doing this."

"Doing what?" he asks innocently.

"Being nice to me. Look, if I give you some money, do you promise to pay me back in full?"

"I promise. I swear, you'll get back every cent."

"Okay, then let's go back to the house. See ya later, Vine."

"Bye, guys. See ya later." Vine says. She gets a thought as they leave and quickly leaves herself after paying.

After walking around for a bit, Zephyr and Ice return home with Drax and me in the living room.

"I'm glad to see Ice is still alive." I say.

"Yeah, I thought it over. I trust him to pay it back. Dark on the other hoof... Well, one step at a time."

As they go upstairs, Drax and I look at each other again. "Well, it seems things went better than expected." I say.

"Yeah, guess things can go easy for us."

We both share another chuckle.

As Ice and Zeph go into Zeph's room, where he had put the money back, they search around, but can't find it. "What the buck? Where is it? I could've swore I left it here."

At Vine's place

Vine sits by herself as she looks inside a huge bag full of bits. "Thanks, Zephyr. This is even better than Blue's porn."

Well... Sucks to be them.

PreviousChapters Next