• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,123 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,123

PreviousChapters Next
Visiting Hours are Over

Author's Note: Well, sadly this is the end of Cloudsdale, and even wrose, Haily's leave after being in for so long. 'Tis a sad day indeed. But don't fear, I always have plans for even more awesome stuff... somewhat. Now, on with the story.

Last night was great. Simply being able to sleep with my marefriend again and not have her hate me anymore did wonders for me. No sex, just holding each other and feel each other's touch all night. Sex is nice, but intamacy is what really makes a relationship. Feeling good inside feels way better than feeling good outside anyday. But I digress again.

I open my eyes the next morning to see Dash smiling happily. I could definitely get used to waking up like this everyday. Someday... someday. Anyway, I kiss her cheek as she sleeps, making her rustle a bit, but still smiling.

She slowly opens those beautiful rose-colored eyes of hers as she wakes up. "Morning, Dash." I say.

"Morning, Blue." she responds.

"Sleep well?"

"Much better than the other night."

"Yeah, me too."

We kiss again. "I don't know what I was thinking. Believing you would actually cheat on me."

"Well, it didn't look good on my part. But it definitely would've been easy if you weren't so stubborn."

"Me? Stubborn? Look who's talkin'."

"Oh, when have I EVER been stubborn?"

"You seem to stubborn to let me be on top."

"Okay, now I think we're getting a bit personal."

"You asked for it."

"Whatever. So, what do you think about us heading back today?"

"Yeah, that'd probably be good. We really need to be getting back to work."

"Yeah, especially me. I'm just about broke right now."

"Exactly."

"Well, guess we better let the others know."

She sits up. "Hold on there. Let's get some breakfast first."

"You just want another free meal."

"And you don't?"

I shrug. "Eh, good point."

We get up from the bed, not even bothering to stretch this time, before going out into the hall and smell another premade breakfast from mom. Gotta love her.

Dark exits his room across from us as he gives us a smirk. "Awfully quiet in there last night. No celebrating on being reunited?"

I sneer at him. "Relationships aren't all about sex, Dark."

"Really? I could've sworn they were."

"Then I guess you and Twi aren't in a relationship since I know for a fact you two haven't done it yet."

Dash and I laugh as Dark's face goes red in a mixture of embarassment and anger. "I'm going to kill you."

"And 'll make sure to take you with me so we can keep having fun. Now let's go get some breakfast."

We join my family at the table as my they just look at me. I sigh in exasperation. Yes, I knw it was quiet. No, we didn't do it, okay?"

"No idea what you're talking about, Blue." Haily says, playing innocent.

"We didn't say anything, bud." dad says.

"We're just glad to see you two back together, honey. I was so sad to see that happen." mom says.

I grab Dash's hoof. "Yeah, so was I. But you know me, I know how to handle a situation."

"I'll say. There anything you can't get yourself out of?" dad jokes.

"Nope." I say with confidence. "Right, Dark?"

He just grumbles under as breath as we all start eating breakfast. We do this for a bit with not much really happening before we finish eating. Imagine that. Nothing bad happening whatsoever.

After finishing, I stand up. "Well, I guess it's time we get going."

"What? You mean you're leaving already?" mom asks, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Aw, lame." Dark complains.

"Yeah, sorry. We've just been gone for a while and realy need to be getting back to work."

"Oh, alright, sweetie." she gets up and comes over to give me a hug. "We'll miss you."

I hug her back. "I'll miss you too, mom."

Dad comes over and hugs me too. "Good luck out there, Blue. Keep kicking flank just like you have been."

"Haha, I plan on it, dad."

Haily comes next. "Bye, Blue. t was really fun while you were around."

"Bye, Haily. Same to you. I couldn't ask for a better little sister."

"Man, and I was just starting to have fun too. Dark says, getting over to join us.

"Thanks for killing the mood."

"No problem."

After saying our good byes, the three of us fly off as my parents and Haily wave to us from outside the house.

Man, I didn't think I'd be doing this again so soon. I'll miss 'em, but I've got more important things to do. A stallion's nothing without priorities.

Surprsingly, the fly from Cloudsdale back to Ponyville is mostly uneventful. Well, except that bird pooping on Dark's head. That was funny. That bird had good aim. Just add on to the pile.

But other than that, nothing really happenes.

We land on the road as we reach down to Ponyville. "Ah, feels good to be back." I say. "Wonder what the others have been up to."

"You hoo! Over here!" we hear a voice call. We turn to see Rarity sitting with a white pegasus. We walk over to them. "Welcome back, everypony."

"Hey, Rarity. Who's your friend." I say.

"oltfriend, actually." he corrects. "And my name's Orion. Nice to meet you guys."

"Same to you. So, anything besides thishappen while we were gone."

He starts chuckling. "Oh, yeah. Just check this out." he pulls out a newspaper with the headline "Never Growing Out of It". It has a picture of Zephyr stuck to Drax's back.

"What?!" Dark shouts, grabbing the paper from him. "And I missed this?! Dang it!"

I chuckle. "Well, that seems like it was fun. I'd love to stay and chat, but I think I'm gonna head home. See you guys."

"See ya." everypony but Dark says. Guess he's still upset about missing his trolling. Well, boo hoo, Mr. Flankhole.

I casually walk the streets down to my house, just trying to enjoy being back in town, and this time, staying. I reach the house and walk inside. Yeah, thanks for not locking the door. Lazy jackflanks.

I step inside to find Zephyr sitting with Octavia on the couch and Ice sitting on his own. "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Blue. Glad to see you back." Zeph says.

"Yeah, I REALLY need to get back to work."

"Yeah, no kidding."

I take notice of Ice. "Hey, Ice?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you sitting like that?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. Just know that you NEVER boop Vine's nose."

"Um, I wasn't planning to, but okay." I then take notice of Octavia. "Hey, Octavia. What's up with the necklace."

"Isn't it wonderful? It's Zephyr's engagement necklace to me." she answers.

"Engagement? Well, congratulations, you two."

"Thanks a lot, Blue. Realy serious question here. Do you want to be my best stallion at the wedding?"

"Best stallion? Me?"

"Sure. It's because of you we got together. Plus, you're my closest friend. nd you're the one who took me in when I had nowhere to go. I owe you a lot, and I can't think of a better guy for the job."

"In that case, you've got a deal."

"Thanks a lot, man."

He comes over and we brohoof. "No problem. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go relax in my room for a bit."

I leave them as I go up the stairs and head into my room. I close the door behind me before going over to my special draers and pull out a magazine.

"Odd. I couldve swore I had more in here." I say to myself. Where could they have gone?

Over at Vine's place

Vine sits in her room as she looks at a magazine with a stack of a dozen more beside her. "Thank you, Blue Breeze."

Back to me

I shrug as I close the drawer and start my private time. Just doing the old rub and tug while I relax after getting home. Life is sweet.

PreviousChapters Next