• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,124 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,124

PreviousChapters Next
Thawing a Cold Heart

Author's Note: Yes, the tilte is an ice pun. Expect more of them now that Ice is in. You mad, Ice? Now, on to the story(I'm brining it back!).

As we make our way out of the palace, Ice and I strike up a conversation. "So, that went better than I expected." I say.

"What were you expecting?" Ice asks.

"Like banishment, or imprisonment, or maybe even execution. I'm just glad none of that happened."

"Me too."

"But I was a little worried when we first walked in. You looked like you were ready to rip the princess' head clean off."

"I may be angry with her for leaving my memories, but she allowed me to live freely, and I do owe her for that. Besides, it's not like I could've even done anything to her, even if I could control my powers."

"I guess so." I chuckle to myself. "I guess since I'm going to be training you, you can continue to live with me for a while." I just hope I can afford another pony to feed.

"Thanks. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem."

We arrive outside to see a chariot with some guards waiting for us. "Blue Breeze and Ice?" a guard asks us.

"That'd be us."

"We've got orders to deliver you two back to Ponyville."

"Sounds good."

We hop aboard the chariot and immediately start flying towards Ponyville.

"Aw, this is nice." I say in relaxation. "I could get used to being flown around like this."

"It is pretty nice." Ice agrees. "I don't get very many chances to fly, being an earth pony." Ice looks at me curiously. "Hey, Blue?"

"Yeah?"

"What were YOU doing in the forest last night? I know the forest isn't nearly as dangerous for a pony like you, but you must've had a reason for being in there."

"Well, I was there to fulfil my dream."

He raises an eyebrow at my answer. "Say what?"

"You know how the forest has natural weather that nopony can control or understands?" he nods. "Well, I want to be the first pony to discover why that is. I was there taking notes on the weather before I found you."

"Oh, now I get it. That's pretty cool."

"So, what's your dream?"

He looks at me for a second before looking down. "My only dream right now is to leave my past behind and live a normal life."

"Good for you, buddy. Don't worry, I know you'll be able to have a normal life from now on." I give him a hopeful smile.

"Thanks." he says happily. "So about this whole training thing. When do you think we can start?"

"Eager are we?"

"I just don't want you to go all crazy military sergeant on me." oh, he has no idea.

"Well, I already have an idea on our first lesson."

"And that is?"

I sigh. "I can tell you're a very lonely and not very social pony, you're past has shown that. It's not very good to live a life like that. It's aways good to know you have friends to help you out and care about you. So, I'm going to help you make some friends."

He looks back. "I have been alone for a long time. It would be nice to make some friends." he looks back at me with a hopeful face. "So, how are you gonna help me make friends?"

This'll be easy. "Easy. You remember Pinkie Pie from last night?"

"You mean the pink mare who seemed like she had too much sugar?"

This one catches on fast. "Yeah. When I first came to Ponyville about a month ago, she threw me a surprise party to welcome me. And if I know Pinkie, and I do. she's probably gone and set up a party while we've been gone. A party will be the perfect place to meet new friends."

"A party?" he looks down. "I'm not very good at parties."

I put a hoof on his sholder. "It'll be fine. I'll be there to help you out. Deal?"

He looks at me for a second before smiling. "Deal."

We finally reach Ponyville and land just outside my house. "Here we are." a guard says.

"Thanks."

"No problem, sirs." the guards then leave back to the palace.

We walk up to the door before we stop. "Make sure to brace yourself." I tell Ice.

"Okay."

We open the door for the lights to come on and show a room filled with ponies. "SURPRISE!"

Ice jumps up in surprise while I just have a smug look on my face. Heh, newby. I told him to brace himself.

The scene looked very familiar. There were decorations. There was a snack table. Oooh, they have chimicherrychongas. What was I talking about? Oh, right. There was pin the tail on the pony. And the entertainment was none other than Equestria's own DJ Pon3, or Vinyl Scratch to her friends. I may have left this out, but Vinyl had DJed at my party, so that's how I knew her.

Pinkie appears infront of Ice and I, and when I say "appears", I mean she literally just pops up out of nowhere. "Hey, Breezy! Hey, Icy!" she shouts.

"Hey, Pinkie." I say. I'm used to this by now.

"Were you both surprised?!"

"We sure were."

"Great! I hope you have fun. There's food and games and music and-" I shove my hoof in her mouth to cut her off.

"We get it, Pinkie."

I take my hoof out her mouth. "Okie Dokie Lokie!" she says before bouncing off. "Hit it, DJ!"

"Let's make some noise!" Vinyl shouts, and then starts playing music.

Ice just stands there with a shocked expression. "Is she always like that?"

"Eeyup" I say, doing my best Big Mac impression. "So, what do you wanna do first?"

He looks around the room. "I'm not sure."

"I know. Let's go over to the snack table."

"Okay."

We walk over to the snack table. Ice eyes the chimicherrychongas with a confused face. "What are these?"

"Chimicherrychongas. Try one. They're good." I pick one up and give it to him.

He takes it hesitantly. "If you say so." he takes a bite and his eyes widen. He swallows it. "That was pretty good."

"What'd I tell ya?" I stop a notice a pony approaching us. "Hey, Vinyl. What's up?"

"Not much. I was just on a break and wanted to meet the new pony in town. This him?"

"Yep, this is Ice."

Ice looks at Vnyl, never taking his eyes off her. I nudge him with a leg. "O-Oh, hey, nice to meet you." he extends his hoof.

Vinyl brohoofs him. "Nice to meet ya. Name's Vinyl Scratch, but you can call me Vinyl." she takes off her goggles to reveal her eyes. Ice's gaze intensifies. I see somepony has a crush. "I gotta say, I love those horns on your head."

"You do?" he asks nervously.

I can see where this is going. "I think I'll leave you two time to talk." I say. I walk off to join the rest of the party. I notice Rainbow Dash and walk up to her. "Hey, babe."

"Hey, it's good to see you're okay. So, how have things gone with Ice?"

"Well, we went to see the princess today."

"What'd she say?"

"I'm gonna level with you." she gives me a quizical look. "Ice can't control his powers as well as I can, so she wants me to train him."

"Are you serious?!"

"Yes, I am." I say sternly. "Just look at him, Dash. He's no threat, just a pony trying to live a normal life." I gesture to Ice and Vinyl laughing with each other.

She gives a meek smile. "I guess you're right."

"Aren't I always?" I say smugly. "Now, I'm going to need to take a few days off from work..."

"Ugh, fine."

"You're just upset because you're gonna miss me."

She giggles. "Kinda."

I look back to see Vinyl walking off from Ice. "I gotta go." I tell Dash. We kiss and I walk back over to Ice. "How'd it go, champ?"

"Great! Vinyl and I hit it off really well."

"That's great to hear."

First training session is a success. Ice better be ready though, because tomorrow the real training begins.

PreviousChapters Next